PDA

View Full Version : More Anchor Bay Blu-Rays Coming!

Reverenddave
07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Just got the latest issue of Home Media Magazine (June 29 - July 5). There's an ad for Anchor Bay (page 24). It says:

"High-definition fans can look forward to the Blu-Ray releases of CHILDREN OF THE CORN and HELLRAISER. And, no doubt, there's a surprise release or two lurking around the corner - including one that celebrates the 30th anniversary of a horror icon!"

I'm not sure if that last sentence is regarding BR releases. Sounds like they're talking about Halloween.

X-human
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Great news, I knew they couldn't stay away forever.

Halloween's possible (and hopeful, maybe they're release a color correction), Nosferatu and Phantasm both reach 30 next year so that's a possible set up too but overall I think Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition seems most likely to me.

I'll buy CotC and Hellraiser but I'm positive the transfers will be unsatisfactory with DNR up to our noses.

Demon
07-02-2008, 08:16 PM
its the B-D of Phantasm...theres also one for Re-Animator in the works from what I hear.

Grim
07-03-2008, 05:03 AM
I'll definitely get Hellraiser and if Phantasm and Re-Animator are coming then I will definitely get those as well. I'm kinda on the fence about Children of the Corn, though.

fceurich39
07-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Great news, I knew they couldn't stay away forever.

Halloween's possible (and hopeful, maybe they're release a color correction), Nosferatu and Phantasm both reach 30 next year so that's a possible set up too but overall I think Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition seems most likely to me.

I'll buy CotC and Hellraiser but I'm positive the transfers will be unsatisfactory with DNR up to our noses.

this is both a 30th anniversary year for halloween and dawn of the dead i think they are working restoring dawn of the dead making it 3D all though i would like the ultimate edition on blu ray or even the full 156 minute version if possible in english language

now halloween i hope they release even a new standard dvd with the tv version where is the lost footage they uncovered will it see the light of day for the next dvd release of halloween?

also hellbound hellraiser II is getting the 20th anniversary srandard dvd treatment but no word of a blu ray release

X-human
07-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Word's out on the 30th Anniversary Edition:Myers fans, make more room on your DVD shelf. Sources tell ShockTillYouDrop.com that an ad will appear this week in one of the video trade papers announcing a new six-disc (!) Halloween: 30th Anniversary box set. The latest presentation will include multiple presentations of John Carpenter's 1978 film - including a Blu-Ray edition and the rare extended edition. As an incentive, distributor Anchor Bay will package the set with a miniature Michael Myers mask.http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=6952

Six discs?!? That's twice as many as Rob Zombie's giving his remake. So will the color be corrected? Will it include the dailies that Don May Jr. recently recovered? Tune in next week to see...

Reverenddave
07-14-2008, 04:50 AM
AB's put out less than a dozen blu-rays and they're already double dipping. That company has just gone to shit.

blu
07-26-2008, 03:16 PM
If that Anchor Bay box set included HD versions of Halloween 4 and 5 rather than SD versions, I'd buy it. As it stands though it's of no interest to me. I am very happy with their current Halloween BD though.