PDA

View Full Version : Some Stuff from Shriek Show

rhett
07-15-2008, 01:23 AM
It's been a quiet year for Shriek Show thus far, but with little fanfare they've still been putting out their usual slate of weird stuff from all over. Since it's always a challenge finding out the release dates and features on their discs, here's a little catch up of old and a preview of new for those down with the SS.

http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/pictures/deadly.jpg
LOVE ME DEADLY
Release Date: Out Now!

1.78:1 Anamorphic
Commentary with Producer Buck Edwards (moderated by Greg Goodsell)
Original Trailers
Stills Gallery
Shriek Show Trailers

http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/pictures/chilling.jpg
THE CHILLING
Release Date: Out Now!

1.33:1 4x3
Behind the Scenes footage
Outtakes
Original Trailer
Extended Promo Trailer
Stills Gallery
Shriek Show Trailers

http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/pictures/curious.jpg
THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE CAMPUS CORPSE (aka THE HAZING)
Release Date: July 22, 2008 [Expect delays]

1.85:1 Anamorphic
Commentary with producer/director Douglas Curtis, and stars Jeff East, Jim Boelsen and David Hayward (moderated by Lee Christian)
"Dissecting the Campus Corpse: A Look Back at THE HAZING" Interviews with producer/director Douglas Curtis, and stars Jeff East, Jim Boelsen and David Hayward
"Campus Corpse Alive and Well at the New Beverly Cinema" 2008 Theatrical Screening, L.A. with Q&A from Curtis, Boelsen and Hayward
Original Trailer for THE HAZING
Alternate THE HAZING opening
Stills Gallery
Shriek Show Trailers

http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/pictures/delight.jpg
KILLER'S DELIGHT (aka THE DARK RIDE, THE SPORT KILLER)
Release Date: August 26, 2008

1.85:1 Anamorphic
Interview and Commentary with star John Karlen and director Jeremy Hoenack
Original Trailer
Alternate DARK RIDE opening
Stills Gallery
Deleted Scenes

You've got necrophilia, Grizzly Adams, a domestic giallo and after school special horror. What more can you want?

booper71
07-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Code Red has Campus Corpse as well, if I recall the flick seemed like a tv movie or afternoon special.

MorallySound
07-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Mary Wilcox, the main lead actress in Love Me Deadly is supposedly a minister in Edmonton now.

Mutilated Prey
07-15-2008, 02:41 AM
How come Code Red has Love Me Deadly and Killer's Delight in their catalog? They are both under the Drama section at the bottom.

CodeRedDVd
07-15-2008, 03:50 AM
How come Code Red has Love Me Deadly and Killer's Delight in their catalog? They are both under the Drama section at the bottom.

Hi,

contractual obligation, that's all I have to say! :D We are happy with our new family at BCI, but we wish MB all the best!

fceurich39
07-15-2008, 04:15 AM
picked up the chilling a couple weeks back anothor good job and surprising that the shriek show dvd came out on time

still anxiously awaiting nightmare dvd if it is coming any time soon? as well as human experiments

DrHerbertWest
07-15-2008, 04:40 AM
Are those last two DVDs new movies? The artwork seems a little more... current?

rhett
07-15-2008, 04:41 AM
No, oldies all the way, just new artwork. Same with the other two.

DrHerbertWest
07-15-2008, 04:53 AM
Now that I know they're older titles... Are they any good? I bought Love Me Deadly (haven't watched it yet) and have The Chilling on order.

DeathDealer
07-15-2008, 05:34 AM
I've some stuff about LOVE ME DEADLY. How is it?

Mutilated Prey
07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi,

contractual obligation, that's all I have to say! :D We are happy with our new family at BCI, but we wish MB all the best!

Gotta love answers comin' straight from the source :)

maybrick
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm discovering that Media Blasters has some serious quality issues with many of their releases, so I'm going to be increasingly on my guard when buying from them in the future. My Rat Pfink disc succumbed to laser rot!

fceurich39
07-15-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm discovering that Media Blasters has some serious quality issues with many of their releases, so I'm going to be increasingly on my guard when buying from them in the future. My Rat Pfink disc succumbed to laser rot!

is that were it freezes during a scene and is unplayable then skips to another scene? if so that has happened to flesheater dvd a couple years back so i replaced it with another one.i haven't watched any shriek show titles lately except the chilling which just came out and have on orderthese titles
psycho killers triple feature,zombie holocaust and amok train

satans-sadists
07-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I bought Love Me Deadly during the Deep Discount 20% off sale. Look forward to checking it out, but I still have a large pile to work through. Nothing else here from Shriek Show interests me.

Spit
07-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I had forgotten all about THE CHILLING!!
Its been forever since I've seen it. Glad it finally made it to DVD, I might end up picking this one up.

maybrick
07-15-2008, 11:02 PM
is that were it freezes during a scene and is unplayable then skips to another scene?

Yeah, although my main player (Philips 642) wouldn't even boot the disc. A secondary player and my computer will play it up to the 12th chapter at which point the computer will say something like "data corrupted". Neither one will just skip to the next chapter. You basically have manually skip over the trouble spot otherwise the players will freeze up.

fceurich39
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah, although my main player (Philips 642) wouldn't even boot the disc. A secondary player and my computer will play it up to the 12th chapter at which point the computer will say something like "data corrupted". Neither one will just skip to the next chapter. You basically have manually skip over the trouble spot otherwise the players will freeze up.

yeah i remember reading something about this a while back as it happened with alot of their older shriek show titles haven't heard much about it anymore so it must not really be a big problem anymore i assume

VideoViolence
07-17-2008, 04:40 AM
I want all of these discs, of course :)

AndresG
07-30-2008, 06:11 AM
I'll be picking up THE CHILLING and LOVE ME DEADLY for sure...