PDA

View Full Version : The Original Four Heavy Metal Horsemen! ('83 - '90)

thrashard76
11-20-2001, 06:58 AM
The Four Horsemen!
Metallica / Megadeth / Anthrax / Slayer

mutleyhyde
11-20-2001, 08:56 AM
I was thinkin' about Kill 'em All, as it's just a personal favorite, but nah, Reign in Blood still kicks it's ass.

thrashard76
11-20-2001, 07:55 PM
I voted for Megadeth's Rust in Peace album. Tons of cool metal riffs and lots of tempo changes. It has everything that I like about metal in general. I wish the production was clearer though but other than that flawless. I don't listen to the album like its supposed to. I listen to the songs in a different order.

1. Hangar 18
2. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
3. Dawn Patrol
4. Five Magics
5. Rust In Peace
6. Lucretia
7. Poison Was The Cure
8. Take No Prisoners
9. Tornado Of Souls

As far as these albums go...here's a top 10.

1. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
2. Slayer - Reign In Blood
3. Metallica - Master Of Puppets
4. Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
5. Anthrax - Among The Living / I'm The Man
6. Metallica - Ride The Lightning
7. Anthrax - State Of Euphoria
8. Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
9. Anthrax - Armed And Dangerous / Spreading The Disease
10.Metallica - ...And Justice For All

bigdaddyhorse
11-23-2001, 01:35 AM
I was gonna go for Slayer's Show No Mercy, cuz it's what got me into em. But, Reign In Blood is hands down the best speed/thrash metal album ever, and I doubt it will ever be topped (Seputura came close with Arise).

thrashard76
11-24-2001, 06:16 AM
Schizophrenia was to me better than Arise Bigdaddy. The production wasn't as clear as Arise but the songs were xtremely thrashy!:D Escape To The Void, R.I.P., Inquistion Symphony, Septic Schizo...all these songs kicked Major Arse!!! I'd rank Arise second best though. Actually Arise was the 1st Sepultura album I bought. It was Dead Embryonic Cells the video on Headbangers Ball that did it for me. God I miss Headbangers Ball!!!:( Triple Trash Threat...hell yeah!:D

Demon Tech
11-24-2001, 08:56 PM
I voted "Rust In Peace" best song on it. Tornado Of Souls. Before selloutica sold out my fav was ride the lightning. The only CD I like from Sepultura is Chaos AD. My fav from Slayer is... Seasons In The Abyss any after this just sucks to me. I just don't like Anthrax.

jmc
11-29-2001, 08:55 PM
I voted for REIGN IN BLOOD, but Mercyful Fate's DON'T BREAK THE OATH kicks the ass of all of those records.

Pope V
12-01-2001, 04:49 AM
I went with Reign In Blood - but damn near had to flip a coin between that and Ride the Lightning

RabidFulci
02-08-2002, 02:01 AM
MASTER OF PUPPETS all the way man!

thrashard76
02-08-2002, 05:03 AM
Welcome aboard Rabid.

Thanks for the vote...metal extreme!:D

Trout
02-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Reign in blood. My first encounter with Satanic and gory metal. It opened many many doors.

Meanie
02-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Rust in Peace, since it was my first metal album

BlazingMagnum
02-11-2002, 06:59 PM
In no particular order - my favorite albums of the entire 80s decade are . . . .

Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Annihilator - NeverNeverland (Annihilator deserve a double mention, because they don't get anywhere near enough credit)

Slayer - Anything at all.
Metallica - Ride The Lightning, Master & Kill 'Em All
Megadeth - Killing & Peace Sells
Anthrax - Fistful, Spreading The Disease & Among The Living
Maiden - anything at all until 7th Son
Motorhead - see Maiden, but forget about the 7th Son bit.
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh

. . . . probably about 100 more.

Joel Groce
02-12-2002, 09:38 AM
yeah this Slayer album definitely rules the pack!!! Also, love love any Death Angel (Ultraviolence, Frolic Through The Park , and Act III) and Nuclear Assault( Survive and Handle With Care), but King's X is probably my favorite heavy band and still kickin' ass on tour now!!!

BlazingMagnum
02-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Nuclear Assault were awesome, and Spiritual Healing by Death - another one of my favorites. R.I.P Chuck!

thrashard76
02-12-2002, 11:41 AM
Blazing...
Nuclear Assault has reformed (maybe only briefly) for a couple of East Coast dates here in the US. I'd love to catch them before they go away again. Annihilator...hell yeah! The new album Waking The Fury is gonna kick some major ass! Check out their site for some new songs to download.

http://www.annihilatormetal.com

BlazingMagnum
02-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Thrashard - good news about Nuclear Assault - I'll look forward to catching some new material.
Annihilator! - I've been a die hard Annihilator fan since Alice, and I've manage to catch 3 Annihilator shows in Italy & Germany last year. We usually meet up with some of the guys from the band, & chill out - which is fuckin' cool, as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously, the first two albums were classics, but Criteria For A Black Widow was awesome thrash. Carnival Diablos too.
The tunes from Waking The Fury are fucking HARD so-far, and I got a mail from Jeff Waters two days ago - saying the album has the hardest guitar chops he's ever written.
The last time Annihilator played in the UK was '93 - and I caught that show too. We decided that if bands don't come to England - then we go to them. Catch more metal that way, and it's much better than waiting for years for bands to turn up on your doorstep.

Moshing onstage with Annihilator - Bochum / August 2001