PDA

View Full Version : Quake VS. Unreal

thrashard76
11-20-2001, 09:16 PM
Which 1st person shooter do you think is the best including: (Q2, Q3, UT, Return To Nali?
The "other" option is for games like Half Life, Tribes, Doom, Wolfenstein etc.

rhett
11-21-2001, 02:04 AM
The original Quake is still the best when it comes to multiplayer. Games like Unreal Tournament are a beauty to look at, but their complexity lessen the fun factor. Quake is just you and a rocket launcher, and a ton of fun!

thrashard76
11-21-2001, 03:01 AM
I vote for Unreal.:D

I love UT...I play it still...I always look for new mods and upgrades on the net. I find this game more enjoyable over Quake. But I do like the dark Quake imagery though. Chaos UT is a cool hybrid of UT gameplay with Quake imagery. Right now I am playing the UT mod Tactical Ops.

Peter Vincent
11-21-2001, 04:28 PM
I just picked up Unreal Tournament on the Dreamcast yesterday at Best Buy for $9.99! Did I do good? I'm still waiting for my Dreamcast to be shipped to me (should be any day now) & can't wait to get busy on it (even though its a dying system, I got enough games now to last me YEARS!)

rhett
11-22-2001, 01:56 AM
I suggest buying Quake 3 Arena on it, the gameplay is phenomenal. The online play really works well too, but the best part is, is that the framerate stays nice and constant, it is definitely one of the best DC games out there. It also has broadband support too!

moogong
11-22-2001, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Peter Vincent
I just picked up Unreal Tournament on the Dreamcast yesterday at Best Buy for $9.99! Did I do good? I'm still waiting for my Dreamcast to be shipped to me (should be any day now) & can't wait to get busy on it (even though its a dying system, I got enough games now to last me YEARS!)

I have a feeling that the Dreamcast is gonna be a system that people look back at as an underrated and missed gaming machine. I love mine!