PDA

View Full Version : Shreik Show Announces Blu-ray Titles

geeare
08-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I've never seen these and am curious if I should get them or not.

Shreik Show Announces Blu-ray Titles
Posted August 29, 2008 08:57 AM by Josh Dreuth

Shriek Show, a horror film arm of Media Blasters, has announced their first two Blu-ray titles, both of which are due to hit store shelves on November 25th. Technical specs and special features for the titles - 'Flesh for the Beast (Uncut)' and 'Shadow: Dead Riot (Uncut)' - are currently unannounced.

We'll have more information as it becomes available.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1722

dwatts
08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
They should have started with two shitier titles. :eek:

geeare
08-29-2008, 03:12 PM

so, are these good movies? I've never seen them but like everyone here, I'm always looking for new stuff to watch. are they worthy of blu-ray purchase?

CUBANmix
08-29-2008, 03:34 PM

yeah seriously...

you think they would start with Zombi 2 or something like that but instead they release...

Shadow Dead Riot..wtf??

SaviniFan
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I find Shriek Show (Media Blasters) releasing blu-ray titles a very welcome addition, but these titles are not a good start. I'd gladly double-dip on House on the Edge of the Park or Burial Ground.

eric_angelus
08-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I would take just about anything in their catalog over either of those movies.

dwatts
08-29-2008, 04:26 PM
so, are these good movies? I've never seen them but like everyone here, I'm always looking for new stuff to watch. are they worthy of blu-ray purchase?

Well, I was being sarcastic. :D

x666x
08-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I didn't mind Flesh but there is no way I'd go for Blu Ray on this title. Worth a a standard dvd rental.

Reverenddave
08-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I like to support companies when they start to release blu-rays. But these two titles suck. Wonder what they'll charge?

Mattapooh
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
I'd be stoked if Grizzly was one of the first titles, but these are worthy of a jaw-breaking yawn.

X-human
08-29-2008, 05:33 PM
I couldn't think of a worse release slate, even FleshEater would be more tempting than these two.

What's Tokyo Shock up to, that's the real question.

Darga
08-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I have to admit I haven't seen either of these, but I've seen the trailers and that was enough for me. Certainly not something I would pick up on either DVD or Blu-Ray.

geeare
08-29-2008, 05:54 PM
sounds to me like i will not be purchasing either of these. thanks for the save guys.

KamuiX
08-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I couldn't think of a worse release slate, even FleshEater would be more tempting than these two.

Don't give them ideas!! At least I actually made it all the way through Flesh for the Beast.

What's Tokyo Shock up to, that's the real question.

Definitely!! Where's my Ichi the Killer and Female Prisoner Scorpion Blu-Ray's??

AndiOne
08-30-2008, 03:35 PM
As been said, give us Zombi 2!

mmyersisgod
08-31-2008, 04:01 AM
Don't give them ideas!! At least I actually made it all the way through Flesh for the Beast.

Definitely!! Where's my Ichi the Killer and Female Prisoner Scorpion Blu-Ray's??
Hey Kamui, nice to see you hear. But yea Zombi 2 would be amazing on Blu-ray.

zombi3
09-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey Kamui, nice to see you hear. But yea Zombi 2 would be amazing on Blu-ray.

I think if we do get Zombi 2 on BD, it will likely come from Blue Underground.

Katatonia
08-09-2011, 03:56 AM
Surprisingly, Shriek Show/Media Blasters did a solid job on the Devil Dog: Hound of Hell Blu-ray.

It looks quite good in 1080p, presented in its original 1.33:1 ratio. It's a definite improvement over the old DVD transfer, and I didn't notice any DNR applied. Audio (both English & Italian) is lossless DTS HD Master 2.0 Mono. All of the old DVD bonus features are ported over. And the old DVD "easter egg" (Kim Richards interview outtakes) is also included – which plays automatically following the To the Devil, a Dog featurette.

dave13
08-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Surprisingly, Shriek Show/Media Blasters did a solid job on the Devil Dog: Hound of Hell Blu-ray.

This is on blu ray!? I honestly had no idea it had that type of demand associated with it. i'm guessing nostalgia, because i recall it being incredibly dull.

shape22
08-09-2011, 04:39 AM
This is on blu ray!? I honestly had no idea it had that type of demand associated with it. i'm guessing nostalgia, because i recall it being incredibly dull.

I couldn't agree more. This has to be the single most-puzzling Blu-ray release yet. Since when are totally underwhelming and fairly obscure TV movies from the 70s getting hi-def releases?

Katatonia
08-09-2011, 04:47 AM

Who knows why...it's Media Blasters. Personally, I'd love to see many more of their titles hit Blu-ray before shit like Burial Ground.

CPT HOOK
08-09-2011, 05:08 AM
The Flesh Eater blu-ray is intriguing. But not something I'm dying to own. If I see it for cheap enough, I might upgrade.

I already own most of the Shriek Show titles on DVD. There's a couple of them that I wouldn't be able to resist upgrading (Just Before Dawn, One Dark Night, House At The Edge Of The Park). But for the most part I'm pretty content with most of them.

bigdaddyhorse
08-09-2011, 05:09 PM

I've had the Evil Animals boxset from them forever and still haven't bothered to unwrap this disc. Grizzly or Day of the Animals would've been such a better a pick for HD, but what do we know?

dave13
08-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I've had the Evil Animals boxset from them forever and still haven't bothered to unwrap this disc. Grizzly or Day of the Animals would've been such a better a pick for HD, but what do we know?

yeah, thats how i ended up with a copy as well. grizzly and day of the animals were both a lot of fun, but you're not missing much with devil dog.