PDA

View Full Version : What Horror would you like to see on Blu-ray?

mmyersisgod
08-31-2008, 08:39 AM
The title says it all.
To name a few...
F13TH SERIES
SCREAM TRILOGY
MY BLOODY VALENTINE
SUSPIRIA
NEAR DARK
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
WES CRAVEN'S NEW NIGHTMARE
ZOMBI 2
WHO SAW HER DIE?
PHENOMENA
THE REST OF THE HALLOWEENS
APRIL FOOL'S DAY
THE INITIATION
SLEEPAWAY CAMP
THE BURNING
THE PROWLER

How about everyone else?
(I have much more I want to see but I will let everyone else go first)

dwatts
08-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Well, it could be a very long list...

But initially I'd love to see the Universal Horrors get the treatment, along with all the classic silent movies. After that, the Hammer Collection would be terrific.

Otherwise I'd be writing a list of several hundred. :D

eric_angelus
08-31-2008, 03:05 PM
All of the above...I guess the stuff I want the most that has not been announced at all yet would be Suspiria, The Beyond, The Exorcist, The Fog, and The Howling.

dickieduvet
08-31-2008, 04:26 PM
The Fog is available on Region B Blu-Ray, I have it. It blows away the DVD but no extras.

Regurgitate
08-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Vertigo
Night Of The Living Dead
Friday The 13th (1-6)
Return Of The Living Dead
Anything Fulci
Anything Argento
Cannibal Holocaust
Eaten Alive
Cannibal Ferox
Prince Of Darkness
Demons
The Hills Have Eyes (Old and New)

I guess I wouldn't complain if everything was on Blu-Ray

Jason25
08-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Fulci, Lenzi, Argento - basically lots of Blue Underground, Anchor Bay/Starz (that pains me to type Starz seeing how they have become a weak genre player), Synapse, Dark Sky, BCI/Eclipse, Mondo Macabro - all of these have great titles in their catalogs that I'd like to see released on Blu-ray.

zompirejoe
08-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Piranha
Sleepaway Camp
Phantasm
Phenomena
Without Warning
The Boogens
The Howling
The Fog
The Exorcist
Squirm
Q
Demons
Jaws
The Devil Rides Out
Happy Birthday To Me
The Blood On Satan's Claw
Friday The 13th
The Relic
Among many others..........

mmyersisgod
08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
All of the above...I guess the stuff I want the most that has not been announced at all yet would be Suspiria, The Beyond, The Beyond would be great/

[QUOTE=dickieduvet;550771]The Fog is available on Region B Blu-Ray, I have it. It blows away the DVD but no extras.
What is Region B?

Yea I agree anything Fulci.

othervoice1
08-31-2008, 06:41 PM
The one I would probably want to see the most (if actually done right) would be Suspiria - Ginger Snaps and Audition would be pretty cool too

Rockmjd
08-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Every horror movie that I own on DVD, I'd like to see on Blu Ray.

The Chaostar
08-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Jodorowski films,
Jean Rollin films,
Argento films,
The Beyond.

rhett
08-31-2008, 09:10 PM
There isn't a whole lot I'd want to upgrade, but I'd definitely want to see SUSPIRIA (that could be reference material for sure), THE BEYOND and all the FRIDAY THE 13THs, since the Paramount transfers on DVD are so old and could really benefit from the added resolution, color space and clean up.

Spitfire
08-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Suspiria
Tenebre
The Thing
They Live
Escape from NY

geeare
09-01-2008, 12:44 AM
THE THING (http://http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=1063) is coming in September and that is all that matters. I guess I'd like to see more asian stuff as well.

http://images.blu-ray.com/movies/covers/1063_front.jpg

dickieduvet
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=eric_angelus;550765]All of the above...I guess the stuff I want the most that has not been announced at all yet would be Suspiria, The Beyond, The Beyond would be great/

What is Region B?

Yea I agree anything Fulci.

Region B is the region European Blu-Rays are coded for much like DVD regions.

rp108
09-01-2008, 04:29 PM
I would like to see Dimension Extreme start releasing more on Blu-ray.

Matt89
09-01-2008, 06:30 PM
The "Region B" edition of The Fog is actually Region free I believe. (Might just be Region A & B) but I know it does work on North American blu-ray players. I might order it off Amazon UK, as the DVD looks like total dogshit on my TV. Even upscaled through my PS3 it still looks like ass.

Escape From New York (along with They Live) was also released by Optimum UK on blu-ray. They're playable on North American blu ray players as well. (But I heard the blu ray of They Live looks no better than an upscaled DVD.)

The Thing looks intriguing, to say the least. Might actually pick that up but wow, Carpenter's films are really starting to make their way to blu-ray awfully fucking fast. Jesus.

~Matt

X-human
09-03-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm not too picky, since I can upconvert DVDs I've mostly just be satisfied with whatever comes.

Universal Classics
Hammer Classics
King Kong (1933)
Dellamorte Dellamore
Videodrome
Re-Animator
Full Moon Films

I didn't even know The Thing was coming! Sweet, that was on top of my list.

Latency
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
The only movie that I truly hope gets a HD release right now is Suspiria. It's a movie that relies 80% on visuals to create atmosphere.

Others that i would like to see just for shits and giggles are:

- Tales form the Crypt: Demon Knight (love the visual atmosphere once again)
- Interview with a Vampire (another gorgeous movie) (BLURAY release Sept08 w00t :))
- Freddy vs Jason
- Jason X (shitty movie but so campy and the print looks amazing already on SD)
- Ginger Snaps
- Re-animator ^^
- Club Dread (So underrated and the set designs were awesome for this one)

old-boo-radley
11-30-2008, 04:24 AM
Is there a definitive list of horror on Blu anyways? I can remember finding one on a forum or a site once, but now that I've got a PS3, I of course can't find it.

Matt89
11-30-2008, 04:30 AM
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?genre=horror

That's all the US releases. Just go to the top right and select a country (Canada, UK, Germany, South Korea) and it'll give you the definitive list of Horror on blu-ray.

~Matt

old-boo-radley
11-30-2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks, dude.

I recently stumbled on a sale at Columbia House Canada which is giving me Blus for like $13 apiece. I bought 20 of them, wish they had a bigger selection. I was gonna get Point Break, but they didn't have it. Swayze and Keanu... shit, yeah.

geeare
11-30-2008, 06:10 AM
amazon.COM has rid themselves of that pesky "import" tax they had for a while when the canadian dollar was strong. I picked up Black Snake Moan, Windtalkers, Norbit and Band of Brothers for around $120 CND shipping included. If I ordered from .CA would have cost me 20 bucks more.

old-boo-radley
11-30-2008, 06:15 AM
Isn't that only because they're all on sale, though?

spawningblue
12-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks, dude.

I recently stumbled on a sale at Columbia House Canada which is giving me Blus for like $13 apiece. I bought 20 of them, wish they had a bigger selection. I was gonna get Point Break, but they didn't have it. Swayze and Keanu... shit, yeah.

Yes, Point Break is pure awesomeness! Amazing surfing and sky diving visuals.

Gua
12-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Anything with Kolchak. Also, Dark Night of the Scarecrow and NOTC!

Marv Inc.
12-20-2008, 01:23 PM
The Exorcist
Exorcist III
Wolfen
Creepshow
Silence of The lambs
Christine
Fright Night

Matt89
12-20-2008, 08:53 PM
The Exorcist
Exorcist III
Wolfen
Creepshow
Silence of The lambs
Christine
Fright Night

The Exorcist is coming out on blu in the fall of 2009. Warner announced it a couple months ago, but gave no further details. But it is being remastered for blu-ray.

~Matt

Dave
12-20-2008, 09:50 PM
With Monsters HD being gone I'm pretty happy about going blu. Watching Dawn of the Dead (original) in HD the other day was a beautiful thing. We are truly getting spoiled.

My #1 want at this point would probably be Suspiria. Other than that I just want the usuals - Friday the 13th and NOES, etc. I caught NOES in HD on HDNET the other night and damn did it look good. May have to spring for the Canuck blu, but you know New Line will release it here in the States eventually.

DVD-fanatic-9
12-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Most of Argento: Phenomena, Tenebre, Deep Red, Trauma, Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Inferno, Four Flies on Gray Velvet, Suspiria

Landis: An American Werewolf in London, Innocent Blood

Romero: Creepshow

Dante: Piranha, Howling, Gremlins & 2: The New Batch

Craven: Scream (UNCUT!), Last House on the Left (Uncut), The Hills Have Eyes, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Deadly Friend

Henenlotter: Brain Damage, Basket Case

Jackson: Bad Taste, Dead Alive/Braindead

Cronenberg: Videodrome, Rabid, The Fly

Cohen: Q the Winged Serpent, Island of the Alive: It's Alive III, The Stuff

and others: Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Carnival of Souls, Evil Dead, Dust Devil (92), The Fog (80), Open Water, From Beyond, The Hunger, Phantasm, Troll II, There's Nothing Out There, Sleepwalkers, Cat People (82), Class of Nuke 'Em High, Return of the Living Dead (theatrical version audio), Fulci's Zombie, Demons 2, Fright Night, Deranged (72), Uzumaki, Def by Temptation, Friday the 13th Part III & VI-VIII, Psycho II-IV, Sleepaway Camp (Uncut!), Ichi the Killer, Blue Sunshine, Leprechaun (and 2 & 3), Poltergeist III, Tales from the Hood, and the entire Tales from the Crypt television series (but not the movies)

Matt89
12-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Most of Argento: Phenomena, Tenebre, Deep Red, Trauma, Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Inferno, Four Flies on Gray Velvet, Suspiria

Craven: Scream (UNCUT!), Last House on the Left (Uncut), The Hills Have Eyes, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Deadly Friend

and others: Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Carnival of Souls, Evil Dead, Dust Devil (92), The Fog (80), Open Water, From Beyond, The Hunger, Phantasm, Troll II, There's Nothing Out There, Sleepwalkers, Cat People (82), Class of Nuke 'Em High, Return of the Living Dead (theatrical version audio), Fulci's Zombie, Demons 2, Fright Night, Deranged (72), Uzumaki, Def by Temptation, Friday the 13th Part III & VI-VIII, Psycho II-IV, Sleepaway Camp (Uncut!), Ichi the Killer, Blue Sunshine, Leprechaun (and 2 & 3), Poltergeist III, Tales from the Hood, and the entire Tales from the Crypt television series (but not the movies)

Cronenberg's The Fly isalready out on blu-ray. But yeah 1 up for An American Werewolf in London on blu. And a GOOD transfer. (The HD-DVD looked horrible.)

~Matt

DVD-fanatic-9
12-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I wasn't too impressed with the video quality (or the audio, come to think of it) of the 2000(?) Collector's Edition either. If the HD didn't fix it, I sincerely doubt Blu-Ray will either.

Didn't think about The Fly. But knowing Fox and their penchant for re-releases and 2-discers long after the 1-discer, I should have.

spawningblue
12-22-2008, 10:32 PM

Yeah The Fly is out on Blu Ray and surprisingly has all the extras as well. Nightmare on Elm Street is also out on Blu Ray, but it's only available in Canada and with zero extras. Gremlins is coming out next year, with A New Batch as well I believe.

Matt89
12-23-2008, 07:22 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the video quality (or the audio, come to think of it) of the 2000(?) Collector's Edition either. If the HD didn't fix it, I sincerely doubt Blu-Ray will either.

Didn't think about The Fly. But knowing Fox and their penchant for re-releases and 2-discers long after the 1-discer, I should have.

Well, the only thing that would fix An American Werewolf in London would be a completely new transfer. (But part of me thinks the movie was meant to look the way it does. Grainy and dull.)

~Matt

elahrairrah
12-24-2008, 06:01 PM
I wish I could find a list of Horror movies that were shot in 70mm which would truly benefit from having a transfer to Blu-ray. I know Aliens has some 70mm prints, but it was filmed in 35mm. Same goes for Alien.

DVD-fanatic-9
12-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Well, the only thing that would fix An American Werewolf in London would be a completely new transfer. (But part of me thinks the movie was meant to look the way it does. Grainy and dull.)
As it is now, the grain is s'dang thick, it looks like the camera is bathed in fog. In the opening 20 minutes at least. Many people say England is a very drizzly, overcast place to have to live.

fceurich39
01-01-2009, 08:19 PM
my most anticpated titles i would like to see on blu ray are
1.Return of the Living Dead
2.Nightmare on Elm Street US release
3.Jaws
4.Night of the Living Dead Remake come on Sony
5.Dawn of the Dead ultimate edition
6.Creepshow
7.Scream trilogy
8.Night of the Creeps or atleast on dvd
9.The Video Dead also atleast on dvd
10.Trick R Treat it should be coming out in 2009 finally

also not horror but i also want Fight Club on Blu-Ray and Godzilla 1985 though i am not holding my breath for that one

infinite
02-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I'd want to see the halloween sequels (especially part 2) go bluray, and the much underrated part 6, the DVD was bare bones and there needs to be a version with the directors cut fotage (theres like an extra 40 minutes that aren't on the dvd!)
Let's see...
Friday the 13th part 2 and 3, Psycho, Night of the living dead, TCM 2, Prom Night, BASICALLY-Alot of older titles need to start coming out, especially from anchor bay, newline and MGM.
GIVE horror films JUSTICE!

Sidious_Sackman
02-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Argento, Bava and Fulci classics for sure.

Re-Animator
Bride of Re-Animator
Night of the Creeps
Evil Dead box set
all remaining F13's
all remaining Halloweens
Nightmare on Elm Street
Inside
Alien Quadrilogy
Hatchet
From Beyond
Hellraiser 2 & 3
Phantasm
The Ring
Jeepers Creepers set
The Evil (Never even released on DVD)

KR~!
02-09-2009, 12:29 PM
The Fly Bu-Ray has a crap load of extras so buy away!

There are so many, but how about the 1st two Alien films?

Odin
02-19-2009, 09:39 PM
my most anticpated titles i would like to see on blu ray are
1.Return of the Living Dead
2.Nightmare on Elm Street US release
3.Jaws
4.Night of the Living Dead Remake come on Sony
5.Dawn of the Dead ultimate edition
6.Creepshow
7.Scream trilogy
8.Night of the Creeps or atleast on dvd
9.The Video Dead also atleast on dvd
10.Trick R Treat it should be coming out in 2009 finally

also not horror but i also want Fight Club on Blu-Ray and Godzilla 1985 though i am not holding my breath for that one

yeah its crazy how this amazing movie never got a dvd release...i recorded it from tv when it was on showtime a while ago...so it would be nice if it was released on blu-ray