PDA

View Full Version : AmazonUK - Buy 2 Get 1 Free Blu-Rays

Reverenddave
09-28-2008, 12:56 AM
AmazonUK is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on some Blu-Rays. There's some good titles that haven't been released yet in the USA. Only some are region free, so CHECK HERE (http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b) before ordering.

I just picked up these three for about $60 shipped (33).

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane
'Shrooms
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

OTHER REGION FREE TITLES
Thirteen Ghosts
The Exorcism Of Emily Rose
Almost Famous

NOT REGION FREE
Diary Of The Dead
Storm Warning
Wolf Creek

Reverenddave
10-05-2008, 05:30 AM
They added about another 100 titles. I noticed a few good ones.

REGION FREE
Escape From New York
The Fog

NOT REGION FREE
Army Of Darkness
Night Of The Living Dead

othervoice1
10-05-2008, 05:35 AM
I do want to see All The Boys Love Mandy Lane- wonder if it will be coming to blu-ray in the states anytime soon

Reverenddave
10-05-2008, 05:52 AM
In regards to All The Boys Love Mandy Lane, I'll not 100% sure it's region free. I've seen a few reports that's it's region free. But I've also heard that the case is marked Region B, and most (not all) Optimum Blu-Rays are region locked.

My copy should arrive this week, and I'll post the info here.

Reverenddave
10-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I can confirm the Mandy Lane disc is playable in a US PS3. The extras don't work. But that's just an interview and the trailer.

Here's a review:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68217

maybrick
10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Just to clarify: a blu-disc that's from the UK and region free will play in an American Blu-ray player?

Reverenddave
10-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Just to clarify: a blu-disc that's from the UK and region free will play in an American Blu-ray player?

Yes, the region free discs will play in US players. Except for SD extras that are in PAL format. My PS3 won't play anything that's PAL.

rhett
10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
There's no different standard with US and European Blu-ray movies. They're all the "HDTV" format. So if it's region free, then it will play. The problems only come in when NTSC and PAL are involved, which, as Reverenddave stated, are in your standard definition extras.