PDA

View Full Version : October Madness Begins!

rhett
10-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Our favorite month for horror begins today, and with that comes several new enhancements to the site that we'll be rolling out throughout the month. If you refresh your browser, you'll notice an overhaul of all the graphics. The big thing - a name change! Yes, we've been HorrorDVDs.com for almost 10 years now, and we'll continue to be so for another 10, but with Blu-ray, Dave's continuing addiction to Laserdisc and my aspirations of tackling a number of VHS tapes in hopes of getting more lost films on DVD, we've decided to diversify. You'll notice our first new review for October Madness is A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET on Blu-ray, so to celebrate our jump to HD, we setup HorrorHiDef.com.

We like the format specific URLs, they give us a lot of traffic here, but we want something that's further reaching. Something more general, and something that encapsulates the depth that this site has, with all the topics covered in our forms, our commitments to other formats and our huge community here in binary. What better, then, than HorrorDigital.com?

http://horrordigital.com/logo_big.jpg

HORROR DIGITAL. That's the new name - and we're sticking to it! We've got big plans for this site, and our size is always growing, and it's our hope that HORROR DIGITAL will allow us to grow for years to come.

Enough about the future though - let's talk about the present; let's talk about October Madness! We've got a great month lined up for all of you here at the site. Since you've already sifted through a bunch of paragraphs, let's give it to you point form. Here's what to expect this month:

A new review every day for the 31 days of October
Four contests that start every Sunday
Four polls that start every Wednesday
Four Top Ten lists that start every Friday
Live chats supported on the site
A bunch of special events to unfold on Halloween night
Some other surprises we haven't sorted out yet

It's going to be a crazy month. Get ready to eat, drink and breathe horror, and make sure to post about it all on the site. Enjoy yourself this month, take in the glorious genre that has brought us all here for 9 years. This month is our gift to you for all your support, enjoy it, and have a bloody good time!

Workshed
10-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Whoa, big news!

We knew October would be big, but a name change? Craziness.

This month sounds like another banner October. Here's to many more.

Matt89
10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
So does this mean we'll FINALLY get that review of Tenebre, rhett? :)

~Matt

rhett
10-01-2008, 07:30 AM
So does this mean we'll FINALLY get that review of Tenebre, rhett? :)

~Matt
If you can find me a few more reviewers who can take all these screeners off my desk, then yes. ;)

Zombie Dude
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm liking the sound of this. Don't you just love October :)

Mortis
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
The online indicator rules.

indiephantom
10-01-2008, 08:05 AM
I fucking love October!!! I also love the new name and the promise of more surprises. This is my favorite forum in the world, and I want to celebrate it all month, along with some great movie watching. It's been over 8 years I've been a member and I've learned lots about horror just by being here.

MorallySound
10-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Change is good!

Vlachio
10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I like that new banner not bad at all.

Numania
10-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Should we then follow suit with HorrorAVs.com? :D

haha Wasn't such a bad idea after all!

dwatts
10-01-2008, 01:57 PM
If you can find me a few more reviewers who can take all these screeners off my desk, then yes. ;)

Tenebrae

Great flick. Gore and stuff. Soundtrack nice. Go buy it.

There ya go. :)

uradouche
10-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Awesome! Love it!

evildeadfan123
10-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I can't wait until Halloween, and the month of Horror Madness. Rock on!

spawningblue
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Nice! Didn't expect such a big change as the name of the site, but it makes sense. And I'm also hyped that you guys are not only doing your 31 reviews (Thought I read a week ago, that you didn't think you'd be able to do that many this year?), but that you are once again doing the top 10 lists! Those are always must reads, and I usually end up buying a movie or two from them. I am pumped!

thrashard76
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
The upgrades adds a nice touch. The new HorrorDigital logo rocks too. This October is gonna be kickass!

satans-sadists
10-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Looking forward to all of the new reviews, polls, and Halloween surprises! Thumbs up on the new name and design. Especially love the new reply, edit, and quote links! :D

stl7dust
10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
woo hoo ....October!

fattyjoe37
10-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Love the new look!

Gore Lunatic
10-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow! New name new look. Awesome you guys!

Regurgitate
10-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Cool. Staying relevant!

Grim
10-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Definitely digging the new look. Nice work guys! I look forward to the new reviews!

KR~!
10-02-2008, 01:33 AM
sounds amazing! I also plan on overdosing on horror and monster movies this month :)

Ecstatica
10-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Awesome ! thank you! :)