PDA

View Full Version : HD DVD questions

rxfiend
10-01-2008, 10:54 PM
While I've read some reviews of these discs, I want to hear some more opinions on them. I have the standard dvds of these titles so I'm not worried about extra features, but am wondering if the HD titles are worth getting for their new V/A transfers. Here are some titles I'm looking to get:

Army of Darkness
Twilight Zone
American Werewolf in London
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Land of the Dead
The Fog
Black Christmas (remake)
Saw
Saw 3
First Blood
Rambo, FB2
Rambo 3
Hitcher (remake)
King Kong '76
Slither

Any info would be great.

Silent Noize
10-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Army of Darkness is deff worth it. The audio & video are very much improved over the SD versions. Only thing that sucks is it only includes the theatrical cut and there are no extras, but you already said your not worried about extras.

rp108
10-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Army of Darkness
Twilight Zone
American Werewolf in London
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Land of the Dead
Black Christmas (remake)
Hitcher (remake)
Slither

I owned all of these on HD DVD and thought they were amazing!

Reverenddave
10-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Black Christmas is excellent. All the Xmas colors really pop off the screen. Actually, I've one of my favorite HD-DVDs. I've been tempted to buy a backup copy, just in case this one craps out and it takes forever to release on Blu-Ray. You should be able to pick this up for a few bucks.

Another one that's good was Dead Silence. It's not on your list. But the video quality of the HD-DVD was great.

rxfiend
10-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Good to hear AoD is worth it. Some of the reviews I read had it as mediocre. I'll definitely be picking it up. Too bad the other ED films never got released on the format.

geeare
10-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Good to hear AoD is worth it. Some of the reviews I read had it as mediocre. I'll definitely be picking it up. Too bad the other ED films never got released on the format.

ED2 is on Blu

rxfiend
10-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I know, but I don't have blu (nor will I for quite awhile). I was referring to HDDVD.

rp108
10-12-2008, 03:03 AM
Dont worry about Evil Dead 2 on Blu-ray, it sucks.

X-human
10-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Dont worry about Evil Dead 2 on Blu-ray, it sucks.

Yeah, they DNR'ed the hell outta it. Makes you wonder why they bothered with a HD transfer at all if they're just going to spend more money to air brush all the detail out anyways.

rxfiend
10-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Since posting this, I picked up AoD and it looks great!!! Some scenes weren't so hot, but those were just a few (and that's due to the source material anyway). Well worth the $10 I paid for it!

Regurgitate
10-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I've got a number HD DVD's for sale, some of which you mentioned. $8-10 a pop. PM me for the list if you are interested.