PDA

View Full Version : Horrible news...Il Deserto Rosso (Red Desert) is to be region B "locked"

Matt89
10-09-2008, 01:50 AM
That's right, according to reviews at blu-ray.com and dvdbeaver.com, the BFI has decided (yet again!) to region-lock one of their titles.

But seriously...what the FUCK!!!??? I don't understand why they'd region-code this, It's a fucking catalogue title for fuck's sake!!!! It's not like it's a brand new movie or something. The HORRENDOUS-looking R1 DVD from Image has been OOP for YEARS now, and NOBODY has released it on R1 since!! Stupid fucking BFI, I hope they realize they're losing out on a LOT of money by choosing to make this a Region B only release.

I can see why they region-locked their Salo DVD. I know it had something to do with Criterion. I mean, who would buy the Criterion when you could get a more complete version of the film on BD hi-def? Seriously. It's bullshit, but I'm certain that was the reason. But I DO NOT understand why they'd region lock Il Deserto Rosso. This is one of my favorite Antonioni films and I'm absolutely furious. AAARRRGHHHHHHHHHH I'm so fucking mad right now!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(Sure I might be overreacting, but I'm just so pissed off!!!)

~Matt

Vlachio
10-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwww
{verbal hug xoxo} :freak:

rxfiend
10-09-2008, 02:51 AM
Hurray for region coding!

I take it BR isn't region hackable?

AndiOne
10-17-2008, 08:28 AM
I don`t know why BattleRoyale shouldnt be hackable. ;)
But here in Sweden we have an company that modifies BD-players throu an
I.C.O.S Chip.

And I`m positive that in an near future more BD manufacters will have
region hacks`s avaliable for their players.

But today most players can be regionmodified throu chip.
And if u have an BD-player in your computer it`s is even easy`er to
watch other region disc`s throu Slysoft`s AnyDvd

The Chaostar
10-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I was forced to purchase two playstations. One from Europe, one from the US. However, I bought them really cheap while travelling and I solved my problem for now. No one is keeping ME Region-Locked...

Matt89
10-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Wish I could say the same...

~Matt

The Chaostar
10-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm sure soon enough BR players will be hackable....