PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th part 3-D going Blu

fceurich39
10-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Hopefully it happens that would be awesome i guess the friday films may just come to blu ray after all

http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/exclusive-friday-13th-3-d-blu-ray

Matt89
10-20-2008, 10:22 PM
As much as I'd like for this to happen, this does mean people will have to buy an extra system in ordder to view the 3-D film. Otherwise, the movie's a jittery mess. (Would they be marketing both for a low price?)

And, they'd have to invent one that works on an HDTV, because the system out now only works on tube TVs.

~Matt

fceurich39
10-20-2008, 10:28 PM
wouldn't it just be a transfer like the night of the living dead 3D dvd that was released last year why would a new extra system matter unless it would to have a theater like 3D experience

Matt89
10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Well seems like the NOTLD 3-D version was made for Anaglyphic (i.e. shitty low-budget red-blue 3-D that has shitty depth. You could do it with any film) and Friday the 13th Part 3-D was made for Stereoscopic 3-D. If it's an Anaglyphic 3-D version, there's no way I'm getting it. Part 3 was never meant to be displayed anaglyphic, it was meant to be shown in Stereoscopic 3-D, which requires a system. There's no comparison between the two, stereoscopic 3-D is so much better.

~Matt

fceurich39
10-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Well seems like the NOTLD 3-D version was made for Anaglyphic (i.e. shitty low-budget red-blue 3-D that has shitty depth. You could do it with any film) and Friday the 13th Part 3-D was made for Stereoscopic 3-D. If it's an Anaglyphic 3-D version, there's no way I'm getting it. Part 3 was never meant to be displayed anaglyphic, it was meant to be shown in Stereoscopic 3-D, which requires a system. There's no comparison between the two, stereoscopic 3-D is so much better.

~Matt

okay thanks for clarifying that for me i will probably get it either waybut stereoscopic 3-D sounds awesome no wonder why the NOTLD 3D dvd 3D effects were crappy

i also hear they are making dawn of the dead in 3D for home entertainment dvd/blu ray but have not heard any new info since it was announced last november

X-human
10-21-2008, 05:55 AM
Great if true, but it sounds like the film maker's pipe dream more than anything else.

Journey to the Center of the Earth is being released in 3D on Blu-ray on the 28th, we'll have to see how that turns out it.

MorallySound
10-21-2008, 06:27 AM
I have a bootleg DVD with both the anaglyphic and stereoscopic 3-D versions. However, I only have anaglyphic glasses and don't own one of those klunker stereoscopic DVD players.