PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Bay Extravaganza Contest

rhett
10-26-2008, 06:26 PM
To close off the last week of our beloved month of horror, we have all sorts of goodies courtesy of Anchor Bay to give you. We've got copies of HALLOWEEN: COMMEMORATIVE SET, END OF THE LINE and SCARCE, as well as JACK BROOKS MONSTER SLAYER paraphernalia. All you have to do is tell us: what is your favorite Anchor Bay DVD?

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5006&stc=1&d=1225042370

They have been around for years, starting out as one of the first companies to bring horror to DVD, and still the go-to company when it comes to major franchises like HALLOWEEN, EVIL DEAD, PHANTASM, Romero's DEAD series, MARIO BAVA and DARIO ARGENTO. Do you prefer their more Euro-heavy catalog of yore, or the Americanized one today? Their new-to-video titles or their older classics. There's quite the array to choose from, so make your choice well, and you could go home with prizes.

Here's what the three winners will receive:

1st Place:
HALLOWEEN: 30TH ANNIVERSAY COMMEMORATIVE SET
JACK BROOKS MONSTER SLAYER T-shirt
JACK BROOKS MONSTER SLAYER gift bag

2nd Place:
END OF THE LINE DVD
SCARCE DVD
JACK BROOKS MONSTER SLAYER T-shirt

3rd Place:
END OF THE LINE DVD
SCARCE DVD

Winners will be randomly drawn on Halloween night, Friday, October 31st.

All you have to do is post once in this thread telling us, what's your favorite Anchor Bay DVD?

vampyr789
10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
my favorite Anchor Bay DVD would have to be...

my Maniac DVD, i love it sooo much.
the audio and video are immaculate!
i love the awesome Documentary for Joe Spinell, it is simply fantastic!
the audio commentary is great as well.
the Gallery of outrage (with all the negative comments on the film), and the insert with all the news paper clipings are a really nice touch.

it is an overall fantastic disc! and my fave Anchor Bay DVD!

bigdaddyhorse
10-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition is probably the best of many great dvds from the Bay. I do want to thank them for bringing Fulci and Argento into my life though, but the DotD UE set is more than I ever hoped for one of my all time favorite movies. To finally see all the different cuts, all the docs, all in one case.

They do lose points for the endless re-releases of the Evil Dead and Halloween series, esp. when most are just new covers and the same content. Also their customer service used to be among the best I've ever dealt with, and now is among the worst.

Mortis
10-26-2008, 06:46 PM
DotD UE!

booper71
10-26-2008, 06:49 PM
My favorite AnchorBay Disc is the Hellgate/The Pit drive-in double feature from several years ago. The Pit is one of my seasonal favorites that I view often, it must have the most creepiest kid since the young man from Burial Ground that had the teat fetish! Hellgate had Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter in it but the film lacks the cult appeal of it's counterpart! One of my favorite AnchorBay purchases although the six packs are awesome as well.

Enutz666
10-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition-No DVD in my collection has gotten more play time

addicted2dvd
10-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I will have to go with my Evil Dead: Book of the Dead.

Mattapooh
10-26-2008, 07:02 PM
The Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition made me almost wet my pants, I still can't believe someone put a set like that together! Good thing I've loved that movie for so long, I'd be pretty bummed if they put a set like that out for a movie I was only indifferent to.

onebyone
10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
The Evil Dead 2 (Book Of The Dead Limited Edition)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51T4R7XR0EL.__.jpg

Everyone hates on these, but not me. Couldn't ask for a better release of my all time favorite movie.

Hellbilly
10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Possession (1981). Great film, great audio commentary, great disc overall.

skinnypuppy
10-26-2008, 07:09 PM
My favourite Anchor Bay DVD is CEMETERY MAN. That was a happy day for me when they released that movie. Best movie distributor ever!!!

satans-sadists
10-26-2008, 07:12 PM
My absolute favorite would be the Dawn of the Dead ultimate edition. Indeed a release that really lived up to its name. Also love the 3 disc Suspiria along with The Manitou and Race With the Devil.

zombiecraig
10-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Several great ones. The Suspiria 3 disc set, the first Halloween 2 disc set with the television cut, The Beyond, Maniac & Let Sleeping Corpses Lie tins, the wooden Wicker Man box.

My personal favorite is the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition. Truly ULTIMATE!

Shannafey
10-26-2008, 07:46 PM
So many incredible releases like the first Army of Darkness 2 Disc Set, the Hellraiser and Beyond Tins as well as others, the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Set and the Suspiria 3 disc set. I will have to say Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Set, since it is one of their most complete and definite releases. I love everything on that set and it was the first time I ever go to see the other versions of the film.

RobertMatthews
10-26-2008, 08:33 PM
... surely the Beyond Tin Box! That one is so amazing, that no word could ever describe it's beautiness!

Mutilated Prey
10-26-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm going with The Beyond Limited Edition Tin. Whata great movie with a cool wrappping. The booklet and postcards are sweet.

Fistfuck
10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Halloween 2-disc LE. It was the first DVD I bought - got it before I even owned a DVD player! Halloween is a film I hold very near to my heart, and this had gotten a spin every Oct. 31st for the past 8 years.

DeathDealer
10-26-2008, 08:54 PM
what's your favorite Anchor Bay DVD?

The Beyond is FANTASTICALLY AMAZING A/V wise.

Suspiria is a BRILLIANT release.

True blueprints on how DVDs should be produced.

Devo1313
10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
My favorite would be the Phenomena DVD or even the Suspiria 2DVD/CD set.

lakini71
10-26-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm going with the Halloween 2-disc LE as well...it's just perfect. When I bought this, it was the first time I was ever able to see the film in widescreen format. I thought I loved the film before, but it was like watching it for the first time.

Ninjalo
10-26-2008, 09:34 PM
So many great releases, If I had to pic one it would have to be the Beyond tin.

othervoice1
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
My fave is also the Halloween Limited Edition that includes both the theatrical and tv versions of the movie. Comes with the cool cover and postcard and is one of my fave owned dvds period.

Mitbox
10-26-2008, 09:52 PM
I'd have to go with Dawn of the Dead. The set is amazing for fans of the movie like me including all versions ever existing, great extras, etc. I own that one, but i'd love to see the halloween releases from anchor bay.

n3rds3x
10-26-2008, 10:00 PM
The Evil Dead Book of the Dead is my favorite Anchor Bay release simply because The Evil Dead is one of my favorite horror films and this particular release was one of my first DVD purchases.

Ptflea2
10-26-2008, 10:09 PM
So many to choose from, but I've always loved the commentary for C.H.U.D. so I'm going to vote for that release.

Workshed
10-26-2008, 10:25 PM
I love my Dawn UE set, my Evil Dead Book of the Dead, but my 2-Disc Day of the Dead Anchor Bay collection is fantastic. Love the diary that's included, and the second disc is full of cool extras. Love it!

Katatonia
10-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Halloween 2-disc Limited Edition, released way back in 1999 would also be my favorite. The 3-D Lenticular cover is great, as is having the extended TV cut of the film on the second disc. I actually scored that brand new on ebay for only $10 many years ago. My copy is #0880

I have at least 200+ AB DVD's in my collection, and many are cherished! :evil:

indiephantom
10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
I have to go with a somewhat unusual choice here. While I own most of the films that are listed, and love those DVDs, I am most thankful for Anchor Bay releasing CRIME STORY: Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.

The OOP season 1 box has a beautiful cover and some great liner notes regarding Michael Mann's brilliant show. The discs are somewhat dissapointing in that there are really no bonus features, and the transfers can't compare with AB film titles (they're really quite poor) this is just something I'm proud to own. Love it.

Harry Warden
10-26-2008, 11:01 PM
I have to also go with the 2 disc LE of Halloween. I love this release. I couldn't find it anywere nearby, and I called every place I could think of in a ten county region. I finally found it in Canton, Ohio, and drove 90 minutes to and fro to get a copy. My LE # is 28449.

stl7dust
10-26-2008, 11:08 PM
My favorite AB DVD release is the Ultimate Evil Dead Set -

It basically has everything except for one minor detail - it didn't include the short Within The Woods! Other than that, Its a good release.

Roythe13th
10-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Suspiria (3 Disc Limited Edition) for sure. AB has a habit of releasing and rereleasing so many titles so to go from a time with no Suspiria DVD to this full stuffed edition was a treat. If the first Halloween DVD by AB had as many extras on it's first go around, I would have went with that, but right now, it's Suspiria all the way. Can't argue with getting the soundtrack right there with the DVD too.

Horrorphilly
10-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Id go with the Evil Dead 2 SE or the DOTD Ultimate edition.Or my Hell of the living dead dvd.

sean

old-boo-radley
10-26-2008, 11:21 PM
The Beyond/House By the Cemetery set. 'Cause that one blew me away.

eric_angelus
10-26-2008, 11:54 PM
For me it's the Halloween 2 Disc Limited.

gyhorrorfan07
10-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Shit, so many choices. Anchor Bay does a great job with their titles, despite re-releasing them about 50 times or whatever. I'm going to go with the Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition set. I still haven't finished it for some reason. A close second would be the Evil Dead releases.

Egg_Shen
10-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Dawn of the Dead ultimate edition. They really out did themselves with that one.

Ash J. Williams
10-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Suspiria 3-disc.

eiker_ir
10-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Dawn of the Dead UE, i remember feeling so complete when i finally got it.

Jaffe
10-27-2008, 12:50 AM
Dawn of the Dead: UE

In regards to Dawn of the Dead, What more could you ask for?

Jaffe

The Chaostar
10-27-2008, 01:01 AM
The Beyond.

First of all I have quite a big screen to project my dvds, and Beyond, of all AC dvds, looks wonderful. It actually has one of the best transfers I have ever seen - a real joy to behold.

Then there's the weight of this commentary. Just listening to the tired but still joyfull voice of Warbeck, his jokes and the great chemistry he has with Catriona is a seperate movie of it's own.

Add to that the unbelievable 5.1. remix, the Fulci interviews, the photos and the hidden eggs (Cat In The Brain's trailer kicks ass) and you have the perfect release.

And I have the tin box.

dave13
10-27-2008, 01:19 AM
the 2 bava boxes get my vote....what a great way to experience el meistro

MorallySound
10-27-2008, 01:22 AM
I have got to go with the Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition. Simply the best box set ever conceived for a single movie title! Three versions of the movie, Document of the Dead, a few other docs, and loads of extras and commentaries.

Plus I would never ever sell my DOTD: UE since it's also personally autographed by George A. Romero, Dario Argento, and Roy Frumkes.

SaviniFan
10-27-2008, 01:44 AM
My favorite Anchor Bay DVD is...

Evilspeak

I've been wanting to see the film uncut for years since I saw it in theaters. The commentary is great with Clint Howard. He is very informative and interesting without getting into describing what you are watching. It is a favorite of mine and I'm happy AB got uncut elements.

Silent Noize
10-27-2008, 02:07 AM
Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition

shithead
10-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition.

Not just my favorite AB DVD, but my favorite DVD period.

allmessedup
10-27-2008, 02:15 AM
I have to give the boring standard answer as everyone else, the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition....the Beyond tin gets second place, though.

KamuiX
10-27-2008, 02:25 AM
The Wicker Man in the wooden box...very, very cool packaging.

Bristlebane
10-27-2008, 02:54 AM
My vote goes for Sledge Hammer: Season 1. I did not think anyone would get around to releasing this show. It was good to hear "Trust me, I know what Im doing" again.

The Boogeyman
10-27-2008, 03:06 AM
My favorite would have to be the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition.

Angelman
10-27-2008, 03:09 AM
The Halloween 2-Disc Lenticular cover DVD set. My love of that set knows no bounds. Definitely my "desert island" movie.

Bad_Ronald_1983
10-27-2008, 03:39 AM
I'm going to go with their 'Prom Night' DVD release. It was one of my first Anchor Bay DVD'S, and it still is the best release of that film in my opinion. I remember picking this up my senior in high school at Circuit City. The price tag said $19.95, but it rang up $9.95. So that was a sweet deal back then. It had the original cool cover art, a cool insert, the nicest widescreen print, and the way cool theatrical trailer. This is my favorite Anchor Bay DVD.

-MATT-

Sinister Ash
10-27-2008, 04:32 AM
My personal favorite AB DVD is probably the Evil Dead: Book of the Dead. I thought it was the coolest thing when they first released, and I still do.

Erick H.
10-27-2008, 06:25 AM
In a tough call I would go with my three disc SUSPIRIA set.It was an awesome way to kick back and fully immerse yourself in that Argento classic.The soundtrack was the icing on the cake.
The Bava sets are my favorite multi film boxes,great movies,great packages.
The BEYOND Special Edition gets an honorable mention,it was leaps and bounds better than any other version of the film I'd seen and the comm. track is marvelous (rest in peace David Warbeck).

DrHerbertWest
10-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Gotta go with The Beyond. One of my all time favs for sure.

warmapplecider
10-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Return of the Killer Tomatoes, baby.

bwana the clown
10-27-2008, 06:36 AM
Yeah, I gotta go with Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition also. One of my all-time favourite movies in a package that leaves me pretty damn sure that I won't be tempted to double-dip with any subsquent releases.

My second pick would be The Beyond. Plenty of extras and a jaw-droppingly awesome 5.1 mix.

rxfiend
10-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Dawn of the Dead UE.

It was a dream come true when this set got released.

WhatTHEhell19
10-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Now this is a hard question, do I pick my favorite movie they've released or the best dvd in terms of extras?

I guess I'd have to say the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition is my favorite. Not only does it have amazing extras, but it also has 3 cuts of the film.

The latest Phantasm SE, Day of the Dead SE, The Bava collections, The Argento collection and the Book of the Dead editions of Evil Dead 1 and 2 are all tied for 2nd place in my opinion.

Misanthrope666
10-27-2008, 09:45 AM
The Beyond SE.

nosmoke
10-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Damn,
that's a tough call.
I've got lots of Anchor Bay DVDs, from their Limited Tin Boxes to their more "regular" current DVDs like "Behind the Mask".
But after thinking about it - I would say:
Evil Dead 2 - Book of the Dead edition (although it starts to have all those "skin cracks/wounds" on its cover - I need to get some latex and paint to fix it)

geeare
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
maniac

ekent
10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I wish I could be more creative and say something off the wall but there is no getting around that Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition box set. I have to keep it near my PC because I use it for reference and screen grabs all the time! I might need to buy another one for safe keeping because I am wearing the one I have out. A class set of discs that successfully pacified the fans for a few years :)

Ash28M
10-27-2008, 02:31 PM
I would have to go with the Suspiria (3 Disc Limited Edition). Not necessary because it has the most features. It does have a great featurette but the package could have easily fit on a two disc set. I'm picking it because while other DVD's of it's age have started to look like they could use a redo. This one still looks and sounds great and Is one of the first non Blu -Ray's I'll choose in showing off my system. The amazing sound track included is an annual ritual for any self respecting Hollow's Eve bash. It's hard to believe I first purched it for about $70 back in 2002. I can't imagine spending that much for a retail disc again. Looking back though I can't say it wasn't worth it.

Slackjaw83
10-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm actually going to go with a later AB release. I'll say that my favorite is the "Freaked" double-disc set that was released in 2005.

It was one of my favorite movies when I was in Jr. High. I taped it from Showtime, and literally wore the tape out. That said, I hadn't seen it in years. When I heard it was finally getting a DVD release, I was happy, but wasn't expecting much. What I got, however, was a great transfer (both sound and video wise), 1 of my favorite commentaries ever, and more interesting extras than I could shake a stick at (I paticularly love the "table read")

While others are close as far as DVD quality (Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Collection, Hellraiser, Evil Dead 2 : Dead By Dawn Book of the Dead ed., etc.), or because of my love for what's on the discs (Demons, Titus Season 1/2, Mad Monster Party, etc.) "Freaked" wins out with me.

Darkside
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I will have to say C.H.U.D!

zompirejoe
10-27-2008, 04:33 PM
My favorite has to be Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition. That set is packed with everything you could want as a Dawn fan. This is one of my favorite films of all time, and Anchor Bay did a great job with it !

marcx
10-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Hace to go witht he suspiria set since its one of my fave movies of all time...

spawningblue
10-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Lot of great releases, Dawn of the Dead UE, Evil Dead 1 and 2 Book of the Dead editions, Suspiria 3 disc set, Army of Darkness Boomstick edition...

But my all time most watched DVD by them (Maybe by any company) has to be the Halloween LE 2 disc set with the correct colour transfer, TV cut, lots of extras, and the cool lenticular cover. It is still the best way to watch Halloween, beating out the newer Divimax and Blu Ray editions.

Vincent Pina
10-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Suspiria 3-disc. I want a goddamn Blu-Ray, though.

evildeadfan123
10-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Will have to go with Evil Dead Ultimate Edition, because I waited for so long for the Ladies of The Evil Dead Documentary, and also, to be able to have both the Full and Widescreen versions of Evil Dead in one Set, and the 1 hour of footage that was deleted and/or extended.

NightAndFog
10-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Maniac, hands down.Great extras.

KillerCannabis
10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Geez, there's so many to choose from...

I'm going to go with the R2 Phantasm Sphere Collection. All 4 philms anamorphic, with DTS tracks and a ton of extras. It's everything a phan could ask for.

fceurich39
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I have to give the boring standard answer as everyone else, the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition....the Beyond tin gets second place, though.

same here

Caspar2112
10-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Although I am extremely Appreciative of most of the North American Horror releases that Anchor Bay have revisioned to the legions of fans and new fans alike ie Phantasm. It is with utmost exhuberance that I love their Euro Selections that much more. Suspiria would have to hold the second place to the Bava Box sets. :)

CrazyFatEthel
10-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Definately the 3 disc release of Suspiria for me!!

spencer6590
10-27-2008, 10:25 PM
My favorite Anchor Bay DVD would have to be Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. That movie is sooo good and Michael Myers has always been my favorite horror movie killer!

:)

fattyjoe37
10-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Totally agree with spencer6590, Halloween 4 is my favorite Anchor Bay DVD. The special edition includes one of the best commentaries ever with writer Alan B. McElroy.

wago70
10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
My favorite AnchorBay DVD is DEMONS. It's a DVD that gets non stop play and I absolutely love the picture quality!

Cujo108
10-27-2008, 11:33 PM
After thinking about it, I have to go with Society. I was so happy when that hit DVD, and in it's uncut form no less.

The other two I considered were The Wicker Man wooden box edition and Near Dark.

Conal Cochran
10-28-2008, 12:55 AM
I will go for Dawn of the dead ultimate edition. Close second: Suspiria limited edition.

Anaestheus
10-28-2008, 03:01 AM
My favorite Anchor Bay is whichever version of Evil Dead has "Within the Woods" on it.

Second to that would be the Bava Boxes. Excellent films with some of the best commentaries I've ever heard.

Shock Waves
10-28-2008, 03:15 AM
I really couldn't do without my AB release of Shock/Possession. What a great, bizarre pairing.

DeathDealer
10-28-2008, 03:30 AM
My favorite Anchor Bay is whichever version of Evil Dead has "Within the Woods" on it.

:hum: I don't think that exists.

ZoSo
10-28-2008, 05:39 AM
http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5008&stc=1&d=1225168614

Maniac Limited Edition Tin. First of all, because I love the movie. Secondly, it has that awesome soundtrack CD shaped like Spinell's head!

anthony1138
10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Dawn of the Dead - Ultimate Edition

Anaestheus
10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
:hum: I don't think that exists.

;)

boycrieswolf
10-28-2008, 08:27 PM
tough call this one...but I have to say my all time favorite Anchor Bay dvd is the Suspiria LE 3 disc set. I happened to luck out and find this in a second hand music store while on vacation for 10 bucks!!! I didn't even realize at the time that it was out of print. A truly classy set with lobby card reproductions, detailed liner notes, and a companion cd soundtrack to boot...my favorite AB dvd for one of my favorite movies...will be spinning this again on the 31st!!!

17thJuggalo
10-28-2008, 10:13 PM
I have to go with the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition as well. It's the final word on that movie, and it covers every possible cut in great depth. Not to mention that it's one of my favorite movies of all time!

xdiggler
10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I would also have to say that the Dawn Of The Dead ultimate edition is my favorite Anchor Bay release. Although the 25th anniversary edition of Halloween (DiviMax)edition is up there too. Awesome documentary!!

Rocker416
10-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Dawn of the Dead UE is my fav, too. The Limited 2 disc Halloween and Maniac discs are right there as well!

Nightbreed
10-29-2008, 02:40 AM
My favorite release would have to be my Special Edition The Beyond Tin. got me into Italian Horror

shape22
10-29-2008, 02:55 AM
Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition is my favorite. If it's not part of that package, you don't need it. AB is justifiably associated with double and triple (or worse) dip releases. But I can't see them ever revisiting that one.

Clayton
10-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition for sure...that's Anchor Bay's tour de force treatment for such an exceptional, influential film.

uradouche
10-30-2008, 01:12 AM
oh my gawd - too tough!!! For all those who have given Anchor Bay shit - FUCK YOU!!!! They have been stalwarts and have even survived a buy out to keep bringing quality releases. A little bit much on the re-releasing front, though.

I'd have to say The Evil Dead book of the dead release. I remember being so excited when I heard about that release. Plus, I have a few film cells stored in the case (as well as from the Beyond in my tin release) from when I got those films from Michael Felcher and Sage Stallone from Anchor Bay and Grindhouse releasing respectivley to do a midnight theater showing in my local theater. One of the greates experiences of my life, and I'll always remember it when I check out my Book of the Dead!

Spit
10-30-2008, 02:04 AM
I gotta go with the majority on this one and say the Suspiria box set. A sharp looking box set, beautiful transfer, great interviews and I dig the soundtrack disk they added. Hell, the soundtrack probably gets more play then the movie for me.

neversummer
10-30-2008, 02:36 PM
The UK Phantasm Sphere is my favourite Anchor Bay DVD(s). You can really poke your eye out with the sphere's blades if your not careful.

Darga
10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow, to pick the one favorite is pretty tough but I guess I would have to go with Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition. There are so many other greats though: Suspiria 3-disc, Cemetery Man, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie tin, The Beyond tin, Evil Dead Book of the Dead, etc., etc.

benricci
10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Suspiria 3 disc edition, hands down!

X-human
10-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Suspiria 3-disc set. It blew my mind.

Dawn of the Dead Ultimate is also great, but Suspiria came first and at a time when nobody in their right mind would expect more than a trailer as an extra.

thrashard76
10-31-2008, 02:50 AM
I would have to say The Beyond Tin since it was the first ever AB DVD I ever bought. It was a really cool looking tin with the movie itself (a blind buy for me) looking truly amazing and a plethora of extras including a taste from the band Necrophagia.

CrazyFatEthel
10-31-2008, 03:02 AM
My favorite has to be the Sleepaway Camp Box Set, I loved all those movies!!

Halvey
10-31-2008, 03:22 AM
Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition for me.

Alan Smithee
10-31-2008, 05:31 PM
My favorite would have to be the Dawn Of The Dead UE. Its one of my favorite movies and the set included pretty much every extra you could want.

The Suspiria LE set is a very close second though.

rhett
10-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Wow, over 100 responses. That makes this our biggest contest yet. Thanks to everyone who participated, but unfortunately there can only be three winners. Here's what the random drawing drew up:

3rd Place: Mitbox
2nd Place: X-human
1st Place: Rocker416

Congratulations to the winners! Please send me your name and address via private messaging and your prizes will be shipped off first thing Monday morning. Thanks for joining us this year for our weekly contests...there might still be a few more in store today though...

Workshed
10-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Congrats to the winners! Nice prizes.

spawningblue
10-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Congrats guys!

Shock Waves
10-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Congrats to da winnas! :banana:

othervoice1
10-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Congrats Winners! Happy Halloween!

addicted2dvd
10-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Crongrats! :)

Rocker416
11-01-2008, 04:17 AM
This will sound tired and cliche but I can't remember the last time I won any kind of contest. Thanks to Rhett and Horror Digital and all other members.
Happy Halloween!

Katatonia
11-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Congrats!

thrashard76
11-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Congrats

Sinister Ash
11-01-2008, 07:45 AM
congrats to the winners! Happy Halloween!

Darkside
11-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Sweet prizes, awesome contest. Congrats to the winners!!!