PDA

View Full Version : Suspiria-Magnum release...

jscott
11-27-2001, 03:27 AM
Ok, What's the Magnum Entertainment laserdisc of Suspiria like? Is it the same uncut version as A.B.? And does it have the "original" sound mix that everyone's panties were bunched up over? Anyone's input will, as always, be much appreciated.

Paff
11-27-2001, 05:12 AM
Yes, this version of Suspiria is uncut, and quite nice. Bill Lustig did the transfer. And it does have the "original" soundtrack that everyone argued about. It's very lively for an early Pro-Logic LD.

And guess what...I have an extra copy. I'm not sure how good it is (Rot, etc) since I got it at a swap meet, but if you're looking for a copy, I'll let this one go cheap.

The video is NOT as good as the AB DVD though.

curry eater
11-27-2001, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jscott
And does it have the "original" sound mix that everyone's panties were bunched up over?

whats this about the original sound mix?..can anyone enlighten me?

Paff
11-27-2001, 04:15 PM
I sooooo don't want to get started on this again...

But even though the Suspiria DVD mix was taken from original elements, the various levels are not the same. On the LD (and supposedly theatrically) the music is almost overpowering and overbearing. It's assumed that was the original intention of Argento (he hasn't piped in on this, so it's anyone's guess).
The DVD has a more "normalized" mix, which creates a rather different overall feel.

MISFITZ
11-27-2001, 05:45 PM
I sooooo don't want to get started on this again...

:D http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif