PDA

View Full Version : From Dusk Till Dawn-Collectors edition

sKINNy PuppY
01-29-2001, 07:27 PM
Is it worth getting??? i mainly want it for the commentary. do tarantino and rodriguez give a good commentary track?
what do u all think of this disc? is there alot of good stuff on it?

rhett
01-29-2001, 07:44 PM
It is a great buy, there are a lot of supplements and the commentary is fun to listen to. I especially like the deleted scenes, but as far as Special Edition DVD's go, this is probably Disney's best effort, and shouldn't be missed.

Here's a list of supplements from the back:
-Feature commentary by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino.
-Outtakes.
-Hollywood Goes To Hell Featurette.
-Theatrical Trailer.
-TV Spots (English & Spanish).
-Music Videos.
-Still Gallery.
-The Art Of Making The Movie with commentary by Robert Rodriguez and Greg Nicotero.
-Deleted Scenes and Alternate Takes.
-On The Set.
-Cast & Crew Bios.
-FULL TILT BOOGIE - Full-Length Feature Film.
-Motion Menus.
-French Language Track - 2.0 Dolby Surround.
-Spanish Subtitles.
-5.1 Surround.
-Widescreen (1.85:1)

Once again it is a great DVD, although I did feel Full Tilt Boogie carried on much too long and should have been trimmed to a shorter feauturette.

jeffschmidt
01-29-2001, 10:29 PM
It's definitely a good buy. Although, during the commentary Tarantino really annoyed the piss out of me. Rodriguez had lots of interesting things to say, but QT kept interrupting him...

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

roger_d
01-30-2001, 06:41 PM
I want to buy the two disk also but from what i've been reading from other sites is that there's a problem with the disk. Is this true or not.

rhett
01-30-2001, 07:55 PM
There is not problem on mine, the problem I think you are referring to is that for some odd reason, the titles of the movies included are not on the discs, and Full Tilt Boogie is actually Disc 1, while FDTD is Disc 2.

Paff
01-30-2001, 08:35 PM
I think the problem was that some boxes only contained one disc: Full Tilt Boogie. That's corrected now of course. If you're buying at a regular store, open it up as soon as you pay for it, just to be sure.

I never bought it, since all they did was port the special edition Laserdisc and add Full Tilt Boogie. I still want to see FTB, maybe I'll just rent it.