PDA

View Full Version : planet of the apes evolution box question

Stige
11-28-2008, 04:14 PM
just got the 40th anniversary box set with book of planet of the apes evolution

the first film plays perfect no problems , buit the remaining 4 i can only get into the menu and it goes back to the menu every time i try to start the movie or exrtas. I have a profile 1.1 player and it is set for region A

any ideas ?

Beastus
11-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Can't help you much, Stig. But I do know some have reported playback problems on some specific players. What brand and model do you have?

Stige
11-28-2008, 04:24 PM
tecsonic for region A its the only model here i europe that i could find that would play region A, Never heard of the brand before but it has played everything else flawlessly. Just thought since the first extra heavy disc played great it was wierd that the others wouldn't play

X-human
11-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Are you up to date on firmware?

Just took a quick look around and someone mentioned having a problem on a Sony player, but after letting it load for a while it finally played and then after that it's played fine. It may be loading something onto the player, finding a bottle neck somewhere along the way.

Beastus
11-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Techsonic was the one sold at Coop-stores, right? The problem is that the format is still in it's infancy and there's even issues with Sony players. Easily correctable by issuing an updated firmware, but with smaller companies (I think the Techsonic is a Chinese-made OEM) you'll risk never getting any updated firmware, and it may end up obsolete at one time.

You should search around for a firmware though.

Beastus
11-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Found something here:

http://www.netlogic.se/bhd8866.asp

There's 2 firmware files. One dated October and another one November. The last one is a java fix, and may fix some of your issues.

Stige
11-29-2008, 12:36 PM
thanks downloaded it and am going to try it out later.

the main problem is regional locks if it was just the player i could buy a better player , but all the others i have seen have been region B locked , and some of the blu's in the states have iresistable boxes ( apes f ex. )

Beastus
11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
You can buy region free players elsewhere. They're modified with a logic board, which is something you can also do yourself, if you have a little experience with soldering.

http://www.bluraymods.com/ourproductshw.asp

or DYI

http://www.bluraymods.com/ourproducts.asp

Stige
11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
have no experience with hardware but the firmware upgrade worked fine

where in norway can you get a player? har ikke peiling på annet enn butikker:confused:

Beastus
11-30-2008, 12:18 PM
The Planet of the Apes discs worked after the firmware upgrade?

There's no place in Norway which sell these modified players. So apart from that, that Tecsonic player is the only one which is regionfree

Stige
11-30-2008, 02:05 PM
they all wored perfect after the upgrade yes.

so the tecsonic will have to do until theystart selling region free players here

since TCM apparantly needed a region A player as well ( watched it today) gonna stick with it

othervoice1
04-21-2010, 03:45 AM
Gold Box Deal of the Day on Amazon blu-ray 40th anniversary box set 42.99 no tax, free shipping- finally got me to bite and pick this baby up.

X-human
04-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Yeah, great deal. I picked it up for my dad's birthday; if I didn't already have it I would have bought myself a copy too.