PDA

View Full Version : Chat page - testing/feedback needed

Dave
02-09-2001, 02:27 PM
I've added a chat page to the site (thanks to reader Funktion's suggestion). Anyway, the chat page will be up 24/7, but from what I've seen on other site the only way to get a good chat going with lots of people is to have it as a scheduled event.

I'm thinking I can leave it up 24/7 for anyone that wants to drop in there to see if someone is around to chat. But I think it would be great if we could have a weekly horror chat where we all try to get in there and "shoot the shit" for a while.

What I need from you guys is to test the chat page (<A HREF="http://www.horrordvds.com/chat.shtml">http://www.horrordvds.com/chat.shtml</A>) out a bit and let me know of any problems you have. Feedback is also welcome.

Once it's been tested a bit I'll start planning a weekly chat. The next question would be: what's the best time to have a weekly chat? Nighttime would be best. The only night I can't due it is Wednesday (I have class). I'll probably hold a poll to see which nice is best for everyone. :)

Yes, I realize this doesn't really belong in this forum, but I want a lot of feedback so I'm sticking it here.

kermie
02-09-2001, 02:33 PM
GET YOUR ASS IN THERE NOW :)

DVD Connoisseur
02-09-2001, 03:29 PM
Very cool addition to the site, Dave. This is going to be awesome at "peak time." I look forward to speaking to everyone in the chat room in the not too distant future. Excellent stuff!

Mark Relford
02-09-2001, 05:04 PM
Cool feature, Dave!

But my Dreamcast isn't Java friendly. Don't have too much fun without me, guys. (sniff)

Funktion
02-09-2001, 05:40 PM
The chat is working fine.

Admin
02-10-2001, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford:
Cool feature, Dave!

But my Dreamcast isn't Java friendly. Don't have too much fun without me, guys. (sniff)

Whoa whoa whoa! Are you telling me your only form of internet access is a Dreamcast? You don't own a PC? C'mon...GET WITH IT!!! :)

MovieFan
02-10-2001, 04:42 AM
Mark, look at the following page...

http://dcfun.clanspot.com/irc.htm

Shows how you can get into IRC chat rooms by using the Dreamcast.

Mark Relford
02-10-2001, 05:25 AM
Thanks, MovieFan!

Hey Administrator, don't diss the DC! :)

rhett
02-10-2001, 06:09 AM
The chat is a real good idea. It would be great to talk "real time" with everyone. We will indeed have to schedule specific times when we can all meet, like you said, because I doubt there will ever be more than 5 people in the room at a given time.

I encountered no problems on both IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.5 :)

hojimoji
02-10-2001, 05:57 PM
This may seem stupid, but a mention that Java is necessary somewhere on the chat.shtml page would probably be a good idea. I don't have Java enabled most of the time and I sat there for about a minute wondering why it wasn't working before I realized Java was required. Again, I hope this doesn't sound too stupid.

G

DVD Connoisseur
02-11-2001, 06:06 AM
Just a suggestion but can we have the weekly talks at a time when everybody from all time zones will still be awake? Although a minority, people in the UK are several hours behind you guys! I don't mind a 12.00am start here but any later and I'm missing my beauty sleep (and I need lots of it!) :D

Django
02-11-2001, 10:34 AM
Even though I haven't been around here much, I'm all for a chat.

But please can it be some other night then Sunday. That's the night when my homebase on CHUD has its chat night...

mutleyhyde
02-13-2001, 02:45 AM
So how'd the chat go last night? My work didn't want me getting on for security reasons. Those bastards :mad: , lol!

Ash
02-13-2001, 03:10 AM
The Java Chat Applet sometimes works sometimes it doesn't. Using Mirc is a lot better. Other than that the Chat went great.