PDA

View Full Version : When will Jaws be chomping its way to Blu-ray anyone know?

fceurich39
01-01-2009, 04:57 PM
any idea?

Rockmjd
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Universal is too busy putting out classics like Street Fighter on blu.

Matt89
01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah seriously! When the fuck is Jaws coming out on blu-ray!!? That movie hasn't been remastered in about 10 years now. It's CRYING for a blu-ray release. (And the artwork would look pretty badass in those blue blu-ray cases.)

When Jaws comes out on blu, I'll be a happy man.

~Matt

indiephantom
01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Well, there are only 2 Spielberg titles on blu so far, Close Encounters and Indy 4. I think we'll see plenty of lesser titles before that. Remember that Jaws was one of the early VHS titles. They're not making that mistake again. Expect to see Catch Me If You Can, Hook, 1941, Empire of the Sun, and the Jurrasic Park trilogy before Jaws. I'm betting it will be one of his last titles to debut alongside E.T. and Schindler's. Just a theory.

dickieduvet
01-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I need Jaws on Blu-Ray NOW...Best film ever. Saw some clips of it from HDNet and it looked fecking brilliant very vibrant with all the sun drenched exterior shots. Lets hope we see it before the end of the year. Can see Universal holding off for the 35th anniversary edition next year though :(

Jeremy
01-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't necessarily think that Jaws will be the last Spielberg title on Blu, but it's pretty clear that the big Spielberg and Lucas catalog titles will probably be held back until the format has a much larger market share.

Dave
01-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't necessarily think that Jaws will be the last Spielberg title on Blu, but it's pretty clear that the big Spielberg and Lucas catalog titles will probably be held back until the format has a much larger market share.

I'd say Close Encounters is a big title...

Matt89
01-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I think Jaws should be coming rather soon. Spielberg doesn't own the film (like he does his films released under his Dreamworks label), Universal owns Jaws outright. I'd love for it to come out, but thinking about it now, I'd rather them take their time and give it a good remaster. The DVD didn't look so great, and the 30th Ann. re-release used the same transfer.

~Matt

Noto
01-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I think Jaws should be coming rather soon. Spielberg doesn't own the film (like he does his films released under his Dreamworks label), Universal owns Jaws outright.

Don't think he doesn't have any influence over it though. Ever wonder why there was never a Jaws Box set? Spielberg's request because he doesn't want his film associated with the other three any more than it already has been. And seeing how Universal and Dreamworks have always had a professional working relationship, I doubt that Universal would want to rock that boat. Spielberg has been very hands on with examining the previous Laserdisc and DVD releases of Jaws, and I'm sure the same will go for any future high-def releases.

Matt89
01-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Don't think he doesn't have any influence over it though. Ever wonder why there was never a Jaws Box set? Spielberg's request because he doesn't want his film associated with the other three any more than it already has been. And seeing how Universal and Dreamworks have always had a professional working relationship, I doubt that Universal would want to rock that boat. Spielberg has been very hands on with examining the previous Laserdisc and DVD releases of Jaws, and I'm sure the same will go for any future high-def releases.

I seriously doubt that. Did he oversee how Universal botched the soundtrack to Jaws on its initial release? Included only a 5.1 track and no original mono. They changed all the sound effects in the film (or most of them, anyway). He didn't oversee anything, because it's owned by Universal and they can do what they want with it. Remember, it was only Spielberg's second theatrical feature film. It's owned outright by Universal.

I really don't think Spielberg had anything to do with Universal not putting out a Jaws boxed set, either. Spielberg was atually going to direct Jaws 2 after John Hancock was fired. He agreed to do it on the grounds that he could scrap everything and start from scratch, and as long as Richard Dreyfuss agreed to be in it. However, Universal wanted the film out and Spielberg and Dreyfuss were busy working on Close Encounters (which is owned outright by Columbia, hence the reason it's already come out on blu-ray) so Universal just hired Jeannot Szwarc to direct it.

Well the first laserdisc of Jaws (it was actually the first laser ever produced, I believe) was a total mess. The movie's never looked great on DVD, either. It's never looked BAD, but it hasn't looked very GOOD either. But Universal can do what they wish with Jaws. I'm sure they'd listen if he had input, but Spielberg's so busy I doubt he has the time of day to oversee such things. Point is, Jaws is owned by Universal through and through, and it's up to them and only them as to when it gets released on blu-ray.

~Matt

Noto
01-01-2009, 10:10 PM
The first laserdiscs and VHS releases of just about every movie weren't exactly known for QA. Pretty much every DiscoVision release (which I'm guessing is the LD you're referring to) was a disaster with few looking sub-par when compared to their goddamned CED counterparts. Don't think for a moment that any director was babying their projects when those initial home video releases. Artistic integrity wasn't a thought beyond theatrical releases and the "videophile" audience was just starting.

I was referring to the Signature box set as the one that Spielberg had overseen. I used to work for one of the gentlemen that assembled the archive information for that set (he was my editor-in-chief for a few years) and Universal sent everything that went on it, and many things that were scrapped, to Spielberg for his approval. Universal also asked permission to do a DVD box set when the 25th Anniversary rolled around (and we only got the first film with the cut-down documentary which fans, and my old boss, were outraged about) and Spielberg expressly said that he did not want Jaws lumped in with the other titles because he felt they took away the seriousness of the original. (A point I can't help but agree with, particularly with The Revenge, but 3-D wasn't much better)

So perhaps Universal doesn't need Spielberg's permission to do anything with Jaws, but they certainly seem to want it. Perhaps it's simply good business. I don't see what the point would be in ostracizing a film from its director, especially when he's willing to provide input and there's no ill history there. I'm not going to debate ownership rights, because I typically don't care about them one way or another once a film gets released, all I know is the stories that I've heard, and I've never known a reason for him to lie about it.

Matt89
01-01-2009, 10:56 PM
You make many valid points, but I still don't think Jaws is far off in terms of a blu-ray release, and I don't think Spielberg insists on "holding off" until blu-ray really catches on, because in many instances, it already has. It's all up to Universal and I don't think Spielberg would necessarily be opposed to a blu-ray release. I just think they're taking their time with it, which is a good thing. Jaws NEEDS a good remaster.

~Matt

Noto
01-01-2009, 11:28 PM
It's all up to Universal and I don't think Spielberg would necessarily be opposed to a blu-ray release. I just think they're taking their time with it, which is a good thing. Jaws NEEDS a good remaster.

~Matt

I don't think that Spielberg would be against releasing it either. I just think he would want to know how his child is being treated. It's an important film historically, and no doubt would be a huge-seller. It will also be completely scrutinized by every customer out there, so they'll want to make it a damn good product. I don't think it would come out until next year at earliest, because if there was a team anywhere nearing completion on a new transfer, that information would most likely get leaked. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Of course, it's now 2009, and I still don't see an official release of The African Queen either, and I've known people that have claimed it's been/being worked on for several years now, so who knows?

Matt89
01-02-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't think that Spielberg would be against releasing it either. I just think he would want to know how his child is being treated. It's an important film historically, and no doubt would be a huge-seller. It will also be completely scrutinized by every customer out there, so they'll want to make it a damn good product. I don't think it would come out until next year at earliest, because if there was a team anywhere nearing completion on a new transfer, that information would most likely get leaked. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Of course, it's now 2009, and I still don't see an official release of The African Queen either, and I've known people that have claimed it's been/being worked on for several years now, so who knows?

Yeah I was just recently reading something on The African Queen. I cannot believe this has not had proper treatment on DVD yet. I mean, Katherine Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, directed by John Huston... Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK!?

Jaws on blu though, holy shit that would make my life. It's definitely one of my favorite movies of all-time.

"In Amity ya say yahhhhd." ;)

~Matt

elahrairrah
01-02-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm thinking a Jaws Blu-ray will come our way in 2010 as a 35th Anniversary Special Edition. Then another 40th Anniversary Edition in 2015 with more extras and crap.

X-human
01-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Spielberg himself squashed the HD-DVD release of Jaws in 2007. I did a quick search for an article and this came up: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=568

Spielberg, Lucas and Jackson: directors don't come much bigger than that so they carry a lot of weight. Also as someone mentioned Universal has a working relationship with Dreamworks, which has been on the rocks (especially in 2007, that's when it came to a head) so they're placating Spielberg a lot.

Close Enounters was more of the exception than the rule. Sony basically started throwing everything they could on Blu-ray, and if that ment stepping on Spielberg's toes so be it. Spielberg was somewhat involved but I'm sure Sony/Columbia said "like it or not, it's coming out because we gotta save Blu-ray." Since Lucas has admitted having investments in Blu-ray (so much so that he even stated at one point he was going to try to skip DVD all together [sometime before 2002]) I'm guessing Spielberg played along.

Now that things have settled down I'm sure it's business as usual; which means waiting for Blu-ray to hit mass adoption before bringing out the big guns. It's what happened on DVD, it's what they'll do with Blu-ray. Hell even the first three Indiana Jones movies didn't come out with Crystal Skull, and those were remastered for their first DVD release just a couple years ago.

poorlogic
01-07-2009, 03:22 PM
HBO is currently showing Jaws in HD (1/7, 9:15 AM), decent PQ (lot's of grain).

Here's when it will be on again:

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?ACTION_DETAIL=DETAIL&FOCUS_ID=560

EDIT...Looks like the AR is 1.78:1 - wasn't this 2.35:1?

Matt89
01-07-2009, 06:26 PM
HBO is currently showing Jaws in HD (1/7, 9:15 AM), decent PQ (lot's of grain).

Here's when it will be on again:

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?ACTION_DETAIL=DETAIL&FOCUS_ID=560

EDIT...Looks like the AR is 1.78:1 - wasn't this 2.35:1?

Yeah, Jaws was most definitely 2.35:1.

~Matt

Maniac
01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah, Jaws will make a great addition to the blu collection. Jaws 2 will be nice alongside it as well. Jaws 3 sucked hard, and 4 wasn't as bad as 3, but still sucked nonetheless. Even Sir Michael Caine couldn't save it from the crapper.

Matt89
01-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah, Jaws will make a great addition to the blu collection. Jaws 2 will be nice alongside it as well. Jaws 3 sucked hard, and 4 wasn't as bad as 3, but still sucked nonetheless. Even Sir Michael Caine couldn't save it from the crapper.

LOL really? Jaws 4 was SO MUCH WORSE than Jaws 3.

~Matt

KillerCannabis
01-15-2009, 12:32 AM
I have a friend that works for NBC and he told me to expect Jaws on BD this year.

Matt89
01-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I have a friend that works for NBC and he told me to expect Jaws on BD this year.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

~Matt

wago70
01-15-2009, 01:16 AM
I'd like to see all 4 Jaws films on BD - that would encourage me to buy a machine. I enjoyed all of 'em.

fceurich39
01-16-2009, 09:07 PM

yesss i sure hope so i also heard fight club may coming out in 09 as well

DTSGUY
08-11-2009, 03:30 PM
As with any Spiellberg film, regardless of who owns the rights, he has full contractual control to oversee any color correction to original film elements (i.e: original neg, original interpositive), film to digital transfer and and remastering of sound. In a way, the ball is in his court as much as it is in Universal as to when these necessary procedures will be perfomred in mastering the film to blu-ray

DTSGUY
08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
I hope they use the original artwork on the blu-ray case. That cartoony shit on the dvd's is crappy looking

Mr. Slausen
10-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I've been anxiously awaiting the release of Jaws to Bluray myself. What I hate is when there's finally a special edition DVD that is loaded with extras and then the Bluray version comes out and it's the old DVD version with no extras. This isn't always the case, but it's why I don't own Commando on Bluray.

So, I hope that the Jaws Bluray release will include all the special features from the 30th anniversary DVD.

It's me, Billy
10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Jaws and Jaws 2 would look outstanding on Blu-ray. Jaws 3 and Jaws 4: The Revenge are turds so I won't be buying them.

fceurich39
10-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Jaws and Jaws 2 would look outstanding on Blu-ray. Jaws 3 and Jaws 4: The Revenge are turds so I won't be buying them.

unless they would only jaws 1 and 2 in a box set with all four film;)

but yeah i am amazed a box set never came out all other universal owned franchises have box sets/franchise collections dvds

It's me, Billy
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
unless they would only jaws 1 and 2 in a box set with all four film;)

but yeah i am amazed a box set never came out all other universal owned franchises have box sets/franchise collections dvds

Okay, then I would buy them, but parts 3 and 4 would

a. be resold to Hastings
b. be thrown in the garbage
c. be smashed with sledgehammer
d. be given away to an enemy as "a gift."

MMMMWWWWHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAA! :lol:

bigdaddyhorse
10-13-2009, 06:19 PM
I still want to see 3 in 3-D again.
The movie didn't hold up, at all. I recently watched the existing dvd from the library. It was fucking hilarious, I literally laughed until I cried and almost shit myself at the big effect shot of the shark slamming through the glass. Holy fuck, I'm crying now thinking about how cheesy that was!
Don't see any reason to re-visit 4 ever though. It's just bad without being bad enough to be worthwhile, like 3 is.

On a side note, fuck the cable and sat. HD channels that crop 2.35 films to 1.78. So annoying and just as bad as 4X3 pan and scan IMO. It seems like Showtime has the most HD films in OAR, HBO and Starz crop everything to 1.78.:fuck:

Matt89
10-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I

On a side note, fuck the cable and sat. HD channels that crop 2.35 films to 1.78. So annoying and just as bad as 4X3 pan and scan IMO. It seems like Showtime has the most HD films in OAR, HBO and Starz crop everything to 1.78.:fuck:

Yeah I don't understand why channels are doing this. Spider-Man 3 was on TV the other night, and it was 1.78 instead of 2.35.

But one of the stupidest channels is AMC. They always show 1.85 films in 1.33, and 2.35 films in 1.78. I mean...wtf? Red Dawn is shown full frame (instead of 1.85) and when they show Pearl Harbor, it's 1.78 instead of 2.35. WTF is going on?

Halloween, however is still always shown at 1.33. What a disaster. Such a shitty movie channel, I can't believe it sometimes.

~Matt

Katatonia
10-13-2009, 06:33 PM
1.78 is simply the new "fullscreen" of broadcast TV, especially for 2.35:1 films. The Star Wars films often shown on Spike are always presented 1.78:1, even though all the films have roughly 2.35:1 OARs.

dickieduvet
10-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Can see this being released next summer for the 35th anniversary with The Shark Is Still Working as the 2nd disc.

Vlachio
01-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Universal is too busy putting out classics like Street Fighter on blu.

OMG! :spit: :lol:

Couchpotatopie
05-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah it's probably all true. I'm a big fan of the B'ray disc. It wouldn't surprise me if the 'ray transfer on Jaws gets all F'ed-up. Lousy sound, like 5.1 MA as opposed to 7.1, or even something like old school non-lossless Dolby because some director or studio guy wants it to remain true to some original dream. I say screw all of that and hand the entire project over to movie lovers. Remaster evry stinkin' frame, clean-up everything, digitize any and all needed effects and put a killer sound system to it. And offer it in it's

Couchpotatopie
05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
: - ) Yep, I don't doubt any of whats been mentioned here. Because so many people have a connection with this movie this is what will likely happen. It won't be some screamingly awesome version of the movie when it comes out on B'ray. Why, because to many of the people who can be legally, morally, or financially involved with it will be. It will this F'ed-up mess with a crappy soundtrack like some old school Dolby set-up. 'Cause that's the way it was in the theaters or on VHS, or worse yet DVD's. How many times does the consumer have to pay for the same old junk? Forget that, give the project to some indifferent movie lovers, then you'll see some killer visuals. Those guys would go through every frame and remaster the whole deal, clean it all up, re-color it if needed, digitize any screwy effects, like put a blast wave around the shark/boat when Brodie shoots that tank with that '06, or whatever rifle it was. Yeah we all saw Shark Week and we know that it wouldn't blow up like that so F'-it, change everything that modernizes the movie, pit more crap floatin' around the boat(s), more s**t inside the Tiger shark's stomach, like 'goo all ozin' out, where you can almost smell the stench of that nasty thing. More teeth in the hull of Ben's boat, cooler lookin' air bubbles, whatever it takes to bring in a new audience. Maybe show a shot of that girl who got eaten in that opening sequence, with crabs crawlin' all over her remains, do it up right. The way it should or may have been done if it were a 2009, or 2010 box office "R" release. Get J. J. Abrams to do it, then it will be right. Put 7.1 DTS MA to it, get the guys who did Batman The Dark Night to oversee it, that movie has a great soundtrack. For cryin' out loud fix that F'ed-up 2.3 or 2.4 screen ratio so those black bars are gone. I payed some descent money for my SONY XBR 5 52" and I want the whole veiwing area filled with giant human/shark interactions, I don't care how, make it 1.85. I love B'rays, and movies, I'm sick of these crappy releases on an otherwise great format. Also include some bonus material with it, like an original version with whatever screen ratio it was filmed in, probably 2.45, maybe 3-D. A Dolby lossless sound set-up, a two channel or 2.1 and mono if someone's interested. Put all that behind the sceens making of commentary, you could probably fit everything on one disc, not sure, I aint an expert. Screw it put it on two or three, and keep those DVD's out of there. Make a Jaws game, maybe some online stuff, BD live or whatever. Box the whole thing up and I'll pay maybe $39.00 for all of it. I havent seen that movie in years, haven't seen it on DVD, I saw it in the theater in early '76, scared the beejeebers out of me, couldn't sleep for 2 1/2 days.

fceurich39
06-04-2011, 12:06 AM
looks like jaws is finally coming to blu-ray it is currently being worked on now go here
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/24834

X-human
06-04-2011, 02:33 AM
"There’s going to be no more digital enhancements or digital additions to anything based on any film I direct," said Spielberg. "I’m not going to do any corrections digitally to even wires that show... At this point right now I think letting movies exist in the era, with all the flaws and all of the flourishes, is a wonderful way to mark time and mark history."

I think I'm pretty a pretty hard liner when it comes to restorations and preserving the original films but in general I'm not opposed to removing wires or fixing a few matte lines, etc. Removing shotguns in E.T. and replacing them with walkies BAD, taking out the reflection on the protective glass in Raiders of the Lost Ark GOOD.

Nailwraps
06-04-2011, 02:46 AM
I've assume Jaws was going to stay the same way for the Blu release.

Erick H.
06-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Jaws and Jaws 2 would look outstanding on Blu-ray.

I saw JAWS 2 theatrically two weeks ago at the Carolina theater in Durham,the last 35mm print the studio has.Actually it was the answer print.Looked great.Had a nice turnout.It was doubled with the last 35mm print of THE LEGACY.

bigdaddyhorse
06-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I think I'm pretty a pretty hard liner when it comes to restorations and preserving the original films but in general I'm not opposed to removing wires or fixing a few matte lines, etc. Removing shotguns in E.T. and replacing them with walkies BAD, taking out the reflection on the protective glass in Raiders of the Lost Ark GOOD.

Yeah, minor tweaks most won't even notice are usually all good. Greedo shooting first? - BAD!

I'm happy and relieved to hear no clean-up though. I want the film that scared the shit out me as a kid, not a "beefed up and updated" version. I would watch an update, but wouldn't buy an updated only release. Like I bought the Alien set because it had options for which version to watch. If I don't like the update, I can always go classic. I won't buy Star Wars set as it doesn't have the classic option I want.

I love Scarface as much as most gangsta rappers, but stayed away from the Platinum edition with "bigger gun sounds" also. Hope the BD for that has all audio options, and seriously hope that it does include the TV edit audio. Scarface on network is it's own breed of comedy!

dave13
06-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I love Scarface as much as most gangsta rappers, but stayed away from the Platinum edition with "bigger gun sounds" also.

i've never heard of that. was it actually advertised as a perk? as in "new and improved, now with bigger gun sounds!"

bigdaddyhorse
06-05-2011, 05:18 PM
i've never heard of that. was it actually advertised as a perk? as in "new and improved, now with bigger gun sounds!"

Yeap, I recall the first versions had stickers on front mentioning it. Can't find a scan of the sticker, but just look at the back cover (http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1167635&tab=5&back=1&anchor=1#topoftabs). The synonpsis mentions NOTHING but new audio.:rolleyes:

Althoguh, this review (http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/24127/scarface-platinum-edition/) makes it sound like not a bad thing. I never noticed the Anniversary Edition sounding weak, it sounded like the movie I've seen dozens of times! Hum, I can't find a review that says the beefed up audio is a bad thing, all say it's great. I'm sure I'll find out on the Blu-Ray, even if it has the original track I'll try the new now, but no way I was going to buy that fucking disc so soon after my Anniversary Edition boxset! The timing of it all was the worst, as it felt like a bad attempt at forcing a double-dip so soon. Don't forget, the old dvd had been OOP for a few years when the Ann. Ed. came out, so me and teh rappers were lined up waiting for it.

Ann Ed. released 9/30/03, Platinum 10/03/06. It felt much closer than that somehow.

Matt89
06-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I actually have a lot of faith in this upcoming Jaws blu ray. However, if anybody noticed, many of the sound effects were changed on the 5.1 track on the DVD editions (gunshots, the explosion at the end, etc - all changed). Let's hope we at least get a lossless mono track with the original audio.

But that edition of Scarface, was the "new" audio the only audio option? I remember on the original anniversary edition there was a special feature stating how The film had a major influence on rap/gangster culture that I always found rather odd. It's such an 80s movie with its synth score and 80s pop music.

~Matt

dave13
06-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Yeap, I recall the first versions had stickers on front mentioning it. Can't find a scan of the sticker, but just look at the back cover (http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1167635&tab=5&back=1&anchor=1#topoftabs). The synonpsis mentions NOTHING but new audio.:rolleyes:

:lol: holy shit, that sounds ridiculously awful! "now with a new and improved ending! Tony lives!"

Ann Ed. released 9/30/03, Platinum 10/03/06. It felt much closer than that somehow.

yeah, i remember seeing the platinum edition when it was released, and being surprised at how quickly it seemed to follow the anniversary edition. being fairly content with the anniversary edition, i never even bothered to read the back of the platinum edition, hence my ignorance of these "enhanced" sound effects.

Grim
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
The film had a major influence on rap/gangster culture that I always found rather odd. It's such an 80s movie with its synth score and 80s pop music.

That and Tony Montana seems to be the opposite of someone you want to idolize. Bad decision after bad decision until you finally end up face first in a pool of your own blood.

shape22
06-06-2011, 05:49 PM
I actually have a lot of faith in this upcoming Jaws blu ray. However, if anybody noticed, many of the sound effects were changed on the 5.1 track on the DVD editions (gunshots, the explosion at the end, etc - all changed). Let's hope we at least get a lossless mono track with the original audio.

Amen Matt. The Foley work for the DVD releases is truly shameful. For those who aren't familiar with the magnitude of the changes, check out this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q81Ublj9k_A

The differences are so dramatic that I had to pull out my DVD to ensure that the youtube video was legitimate. It is.

It seems hard to believe that the original audio stems wouldn't exist. And if they did, they could surely use them to create a new 5.1 track that was faithful to the original track. But I'm all for the inclusion of a lossless mono track as well. It's sad that it isn't standard practice.

dave13
06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Amen Matt. The Foley work for the DVD releases is truly shameful. For those who aren't familiar with the magnitude of the changes, check out this link:

:eek2:
that is fucked up.

Kolpitz
06-06-2011, 08:38 PM

The differences are so dramatic that I had to pull out my DVD to ensure that the youtube video was legitimate. It is.

It seems hard to believe that the original audio stems wouldn't exist. And if they did, they could surely use them to create a new 5.1 track that was faithful to the original track. But I'm all for the inclusion of a lossless mono track as well. It's sad that it isn't standard practice.

Yeah, Blu-ray has really made me appreciate the original audio. I always get upset when I pop in an older film that was made before digital surround sound and all it has are 5.1 tracks. If Blu-ray is supposed to replicate the original theatrical presentation of a film, you can't do that with artificially created digital surround tracks (or DNR and EE, for that matter).

fceurich39
05-25-2012, 04:21 AM
still no word if the sequels are still headed to blu-ray aug 14th havent heard no info

Matt89
07-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Well apparently we're getting a digibook (http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/jaws-universal-100th-anniversary-edition-blu-ray-combo-1975/m2198825.aspx?path=15beb09494c1f2b647e176f2fa4bf84 1en02) here in Canada. Exclusive to Future Shop it seems...

And if you buy any Universal 100th Anniversary DVD or Blu-ray, you automatically get $10 off your purchase of Jaws, making it $24.99. Pretty fucking sweet I must say. Was disappointed that Jaws wasn't getting one (much like The Deer Hunter not getting one)...

~Matt

bigdaddyhorse
07-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Best Buy here had a tag for Jaws bd on sale for $19.99 and an exclusive (steelbook I'm almost positive) for $24.99. These were on a side rack last week, and the small print on tags said the sale was from 6/30 - 7/07.:rolleyes:

The tags are gone this week, yet the 2 empty spots remain on the side rack which has all Universal 100th bd's. I never bothered to ask for one and doubt they ever floored, esp. since they probably won't even get them for a month or so. It did make me go look up the release date though when I first saw em last Sunday.

spawningblue
07-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Well apparently we're getting a digibook (http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/jaws-universal-100th-anniversary-edition-blu-ray-combo-1975/m2198825.aspx?path=15beb09494c1f2b647e176f2fa4bf84 1en02) here in Canada. Exclusive to Future Shop it seems...

And if you buy any Universal 100th Anniversary DVD or Blu-ray, you automatically get $10 off your purchase of Jaws, making it $24.99. Pretty fucking sweet I must say. Was disappointed that Jaws wasn't getting one (much like The Deer Hunter not getting one)...

~Matt

Was this a limited promo? Don't see anything about it online.

dave13
07-27-2012, 02:16 AM
i would have liked the digibook, but i'm too lazy to cancel my preorder. i'll just see what shows up :rolleyes:

othervoice1
07-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Best buy does have an "exclusive" edition that looks like a digibook when bringing it up in a search- but the pics disappears when you select it

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=458344996611837233&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=jaws+blu&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

ronnie21
07-27-2012, 03:50 AM
no reviews yet. suprised. we should at least have 2 by now..

ronnie21
07-27-2012, 03:51 AM
no. no. watch. we will get a review of the new blu-ray and it will be just a review of the movie itself. i hate that.. why do reviewers do that.. of blus and dvds...

fceurich39
08-01-2012, 06:24 PM
here's a review for the new blu-ray
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jaws-Blu-ray/7547/#Review

shape22
08-01-2012, 07:05 PM
here's a review for the new blu-ray
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jaws-Blu-ray/7547/#Review

Do these guys do ANY research before posting reviews of landmark films? Universal's previous 5.1 remixes of Jaws are notorious for their haphazard and incompetent replacement of the original mono Foley effects. You would think the reviewer would at least address that issue and confirm whether or not the new mix is faithful to the original mono track. Both tracks are on the damn Blu-ray disc.

It would be nice to put this recurring nightmare to rest.

Maybe that community should allot the time it currently devotes to Stalin-like policing of their forums (free Buck135!) to help their reviewers demonstrate some semblance of competency.

fceurich39
08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
another review here
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3214/jaws.html

shape22
08-01-2012, 09:12 PM
another review here
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3214/jaws.html

Thanks for posting! This one addresses the Foley work directly. I feel better now.

dave13
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
i'm curious, how do people expect the pricing for the blu ray to go? I've noticed that several other Universal 100th Anniversary blu ray's are available at best buy for $15 (the sting, the deer hunter). i've preordered jaws, for about $25. but now i'm starting to wonder if that might be a mistake. perhaps it will drop down like these other titles? does anybody know the pricing history for those other Universal 100th blu rays? Where the sting and the dear hunter pre-orders in the $15, or the $25 range?

Matt89
08-01-2012, 10:05 PM
I just want the digibook. Fuck yes, cannot wait. Those screencaps look GODLY.

~Matt

Matt89
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY UNIVERSAL. FUCK YEAH!

FUCK YEAH.

FUCK YEAH.

MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

FUCK.

YEAH.

FUCKIN' JAWS!

~Matt

Bluenoser
08-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Anyone knows if the FutureShop exclusive will be in stores too?

Matt89
08-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Should be. They most often are.

~Matt

Dobby
08-02-2012, 12:53 AM
take my fucking money universal. Fuck yeah!

Fuck yeah.

Fuck yeah.

My favorite movie of all time.

Fuck.

Yeah.

Fuckin' jaws!

~matt

fuck yeah! :D

dave13
08-02-2012, 02:58 AM

FUCK YEAH.

FUCK YEAH.

FUCK.

YEAH.

FUCKIN' JAWS!

~Matt

hahaha

yeah, your enthusiasm level seemed a bit...lacking, considering how highly you hold the film. that's more like it...

dave13
08-02-2012, 03:02 AM
I just want the digibook. Fuck yes, cannot wait. Those screencaps look GODLY.

~Matt

the photos of the digibook have made me wonder if its not just a repackaging of the booklet that accompanied the 25th anniversary edition. that was a nice little booklet, but if that is, indeed, what it is, then its not something i need to have two copies of. i'll be happy with the standard blu.

and yes, those screencaps are very nice. i don't preorder very many titles, but this...well...its fucking JAWS. can't wait to see it all high def n' shit.

spawningblue
08-03-2012, 02:29 AM

FUCK YEAH.

FUCK YEAH.

FUCK.

YEAH.

FUCKIN' JAWS!

~Matt

I too am pumped for this. Definitely in my top three flicks of all time! Is the digibook a FS exclusive in Canada?

I haven't paid more then $25 for a Blu Ray in while but I will make an exception for this one.

Also a heads up to any Canucks who will be purchasing from FS, inside their Click magazine (Usually found near the cashiers or at the front of the store) there is a $5 off coupon for this. Hopefully it works on the digibook version!

Ash28M
08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
So the Future Shop Exclusive contains more then the digibook at Amazon.ca?

Dave
08-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty excited about this, too. My favorite movie as a kid and really helped develop my love of the ocean. While I don't spend nearly enough time at the ocean as I would like, I hope to someday when I retire.

This is a movie I have triple dipped for since I've been into home theater. Had the laserdisc, then the DVD, and now I will get the bluray. Totally worth it.

Dave
08-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Sucks because I'm on vaca this week and would kill to have it early. No way I'm checking stores to see if they break street date, though.

dickieduvet
08-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Hope to have this in the next few days, 2 copies have shipped and the wait is FUCKING KILLING ME :cry:

Ash28M
08-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Looks like the Digibook price has dropped to 29.99 at Futureshop till Sept 10th. I gave in and Pre-Ordered mine.

Katatonia
08-04-2012, 01:49 AM
DVDBeaver review and comparisons:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare6/jaws.htm

dickieduvet
08-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Got this badboy in the post today.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l252/dickieduvet/IMG00332-20120804-1135.jpg

The transfer is near enough flawless, Having watched it in excess of 100+ times I noticed so much more than before, Never even noticed Chrissie was wearing hoop earrings before!!! The day for night shots look so much better, The definition is insane in most shots and Quints sideburns look magnificent!!!

The Audio is impressive too. Shame it's the edited version of 'The Shark Is Still Working' still a fun documentary but frustrating knowing it should have been much longer.

Matt89
08-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Fuck I want this so badly.

~Matt

dickieduvet
08-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Fuck I want this so badly.

~Matt

Matt, When you spin this disc I can guarantee you will do a sex wee!!!

Shlockjock81
08-05-2012, 03:10 AM
Those screen caps look glorious. I'm glad they didn't get rid of the film grain either. I can't wait to get my grubby paws on this!

spawningblue
08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Wow those shots look great! Can't wait to pick up the digibook next week!

Anthropophagus
08-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Never has Quint's wart looked so good.

Matt89
08-08-2012, 04:20 AM
I'm booking Tuesday off work. No foolin'!

~Matt

dave13
08-10-2012, 09:18 PM
i'm curious, how do people expect the pricing for the blu ray to go? I've noticed that several other Universal 100th Anniversary blu ray's are available at best buy for $15 (the sting, the deer hunter). i've preordered jaws, for about $25. but now i'm starting to wonder if that might be a mistake. perhaps it will drop down like these other titles? does anybody know the pricing history for those other Universal 100th blu rays? Where the sting and the dear hunter pre-orders in the $15, or the $25 range?

looks like the amazon.ca preorder price for the standard blu release has dropped to $19.99. nice!

bruce h
08-12-2012, 03:33 PM
According to their weekly circular, Best Buy have an exclusive book version of the blu:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/musicmoviegame/pdpimages/5689983.jpg

Katatonia
08-12-2012, 04:04 PM
According to their weekly circular, Best Buy have an exclusive book version of the blu:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/musicmoviegame/pdpimages/5689983.jpg

I also saw that earlier in the new circular. I wonder if it's much different from the 60-page book that came with the limited 30th Anniversary Edition DVD?

Edit: ah, here's a video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67pTC7xPSMk

I just thumbed through the old 60-page book (it's photos + captions more than anything), and this is obviously all mostly new stuff in the BB exclusive.

Ah well, I just cancelled my Amazon pre-order...which was showing up in red as a "delay" for some reason, even though I pre-ordered it right away when it first appeared. This Best Buy exclusive looks great just for the packaging alone...

I wish they still had that $5 off tradeup deal going this week, damnit!

fceurich39
08-12-2012, 05:04 PM
not sure if want the standard or digibook but also interesting the discs in the digibook has artwork on them whle the standard blu has the regular uni artwork

fattyjoe37
08-12-2012, 08:22 PM
That digibook looks amazing. Made me take a 2nd look at the couple I have (Exorcist, The Town, Deliverance) and now I'm kind of obsessed with them. Now I have a few titles that I'll have to rebuy for the awesome digibooks.

Katatonia
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
That digibook looks amazing. Made me take a 2nd look at the couple I have (Exorcist, The Town, Deliverance) and now I'm kind of obsessed with them. Now I have a few titles that I'll have to rebuy for the awesome digibooks.

Yeah, I like them when they're the regular or thicker Digibooks like Warner releases. The ones that 20th Century Fox have released (Tora! Tora! Tora!, Wizards, etc.) are rather lame though...very thin, cheap disc insert, and the spine is often crooked/bent due to the thinness.

I actually just ordered another one last night. The Shawshank Redemption was free from Warner...since they've now discontinued their rewards program :hum:. It was one of the few decent choices for the free title with my remaining points.

Katatonia
08-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Here's a few more reviews:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/55606/jaws/

http://collider.com/jaws-blu-ray-review/186961/

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/JAWS-Blu-ray.shtml

ronnie21
08-13-2012, 12:57 AM
this is a must for blu ray . i will be picking it up. as so will many..

dickieduvet
08-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Watched mine 4 times now, Never gets old!!!

bigdaddyhorse
08-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Just got back from Best Buy with my digibook version. Not sure how limited these will be, but I'll tell ya what happened...

I got to BB a bit after 10:30am (opened at 10) and grabbed one of 5 copies they had on the front rack (plenty copies of standard and dvd). Went and looked around the normal blu racks which only had the standard BD, and 10 minutes later there was only 1 copy of the book left as I passed the front rack on my way to check-out. Of course my store sucks ass compared to just about every other BB I've ever seen, but I wouldn't suggest waiting for a better sale if I wanted the book. Glad I had the chance to go early, that last one here is probably gone already!

Christ75
08-14-2012, 06:07 PM
I have a question for those who have the digibook version.
Is it the same book that was include with the 30th Anniversary Edition?

Thanks

fattyjoe37
08-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I have a question for those who have the digibook version.
Is it the same book that was include with the 30th Anniversary Edition?

Thanks

It's not. If you look at the unboxing video on the previous page, you'll see that it has new production notes and photos. It looks like none of the information from the 30th Anniversary booklet is included, but that was pretty fluffy anyways. Jut quotes from the documentary alongside some photos.

dave13
08-14-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm a little nonplussed by my preordering experience with Jaws. In the end, it didn't save me a penny, and now, the day its released, it still hasn't shipped. Even if it ships some time today, i still won't have it until Thursday, meaning I could have just dropped by my local best buy or hmv or whatever and had it a few days earlier for the same price. I guess a few days doesn't mean all that much, but I don't think I'll be preordering any more major studio releases. Not really worth it in the end.

Still very much looking forward to getting it, though!

SpaceAce
08-14-2012, 06:57 PM
best buy was me ssed up. I bought the last (non exclusive)bluray they had in stock (2 hours after opening??? I know Jaws is a good movie but to sell out of the regular blu ray already..seems like they must have had a small order). I was going to get the best buy exclusive but they had none and it was $25 while the regular blu was $18. so I figured although the booklet might be nice it wasn't worth the extra $7 to me

Matt89
08-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Got the digibook. It really is a nice package. The liner notes are actually of value unlike the "commemorative photo journal" that came with the 30th anniversary DVD. When you buy the digibook at Future Shop, you get a coupon on your receipt for $10 off any Universal 100th Anniversary DVD or blu-ray. It's not valid until the 21st, but The Sting digibook here I come!

~Matt

Ash28M
08-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Got the digibook. It really is a nice package. The liner notes are actually of value unlike the "commemorative photo journal" that came with the 30th anniversary DVD. When you buy the digibook at Future Shop, you get a coupon on your receipt for $10 off any Universal 100th Anniversary DVD or blu-ray. It's not valid until the 21st, but The Sting digibook here I come!

~Matt

I ordered mine online and i didn't get no $10 coupon.:fuck:

ronnie21
08-14-2012, 11:48 PM
got mine today at best buy around 4 pm,, it was the last one. man they must have sold out all day.. Or didnt order many.. Now. don't you hate (we all had this happen)! when you go into a store on release day for either a dvd/blu/ cd. and someones walking in front of you, or standing right where you need to get??/ gosh that sucks...and most of the time the people arent even really looking at anything... Now on the Jaws blu- watched certain sections. This is the best Jaws has and ever will look.. No need to buy this again. Only thing i might beetch about , is the still gallery is of very low quality and really too small to really see..But other than that. Great transfer and didnt watch the other extras excpet for the non 16x9 trailer... I like t.v. spots better than 3 min trailers...which was missing too.

Copyboy
08-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Just got back from Best Buy with my digibook version. Not sure how limited these will be, but I'll tell ya what happened...

I got to BB a bit after 10:30am (opened at 10) and grabbed one of 5 copies they had on the front rack (plenty copies of standard and dvd). Went and looked around the normal blu racks which only had the standard BD, and 10 minutes later there was only 1 copy of the book left as I passed the front rack on my way to check-out. Of course my store sucks ass compared to just about every other BB I've ever seen, but I wouldn't suggest waiting for a better sale if I wanted the book. Glad I had the chance to go early, that last one here is probably gone already!

I'm pretty sure each store only had about 5 copies of the book. I went after work and they were out. Checked the website and no store anywhere near me has any copies. Fuck.

Dobby
08-15-2012, 12:21 AM
You guys didn't expect worst buy to drop the ball? Of course they are only going to get 5 in stock it's called bait and switch.

spawningblue
08-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Strange, the Digibook is everywhere in Canada, not store exclusive. i heard there is one coming for E.T. as well. Here's hoping it's everywhere in Canada as well.

~Matt

Ahh that explains why the $10 wasn't coming off my Animal House Bluray haha. They ended up taking it off manually. To boot, I got an extra $5 off my Jaws digibook from a coupon inside their Click magazine that they have throughout their stores.

So I got a total of $15 off Jaws digibook and Animal House Bluray!

Katatonia
08-15-2012, 01:59 AM
You guys didn't expect worst buy to drop the ball? Of course they are only going to get 5 in stock it's called bait and switch.

That's a good reason why I did the in-store pick-up before they even opened.

Good thing too, because I checked again not long after they opened and it was unavailable at this store. Whew! :nervous:

The digibook is a really nice package...

rxfiend
08-15-2012, 02:27 AM
Got the digipack earlier and just got done watching the blu-ray. The V/A quality is amazing! It's been awhile since I saw the film, but wow, it really looks great. Never noticed before (perhaps I just wasn't paying attention enough), but one scene during the last 1/3 of the movie when they're on the boat, if you look up in the sky, there are a few meteors flying across. I thought it was a scratched on the print, but then another showed up. Pretty damn cool! :lol:

SaxCatz
08-15-2012, 02:36 AM
It looks FANTASTIC...
Which just makes me more angry about how awful BTTF looks!

othervoice1
08-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Yea I was one that was surprised they didnt have more of these available at best buy (book edition) - I just checked and you cannot order to be shipped to your house and every Best Buy in the state appears to be sold out of them. I would assume more will be coming but only after the "sale" price is over. Guess I fell asleep at the wheel on this one

Matt89
08-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Yeah holy fucking balls this movie looks incredible. You can almost see Chrissie's vagina before she gets "eaten" (haha).

They really did a great job with the audio too. Hearing the splashing and John Williams' score like I've never heard it before (seriously). I've seen this movie maybe 30 times and I've never heard it like this before.

Bluray release of the year for me. Amazing A/V, packed with features, some actually worthwhile liner notes in the digibook AND Universal used the original artwork on the packaging. Way to go Universal. Thoroughly pleased. The wait was worth it.

All we need is Jaws 2 and 3 in 3-D and we're good to go.

~Matt

Cannibal Chris
08-15-2012, 04:46 AM
Glad I canceled the steelbook and went with the digi, nice big set like the Exorcist, A/V looks awesome, can't wait to dig into the special features!

Dobby
08-15-2012, 05:40 AM
That's a good reason why I did the in-store pick-up before they even opened.

Good thing too, because I checked again not long after they opened and it was unavailable at this store. Whew! :nervous:

The digibook is a really nice package...

Glad you got it I was worried you would sleeping when the doors opened. Anyway I haven't opened it and I don't even like digi-books. I also got the regular release both with a friends employee discount. May I add I enjoy telling them how much balls worst buy sucks. :lol:

I see all the eBay trolls are already in full force trying to sell the digi version.

Myron Breck
08-15-2012, 05:49 AM
Wait. So is the doc here the long version or the shorter version?

Frankly, with these glowing reviews, who cares...but...

Dobby
08-15-2012, 06:48 AM
Wait. So is the doc here the long version or the shorter version? who cares...but...

It's not the size that counts but the motion in the ocean!

othervoice1
08-16-2012, 01:37 AM
I am seeing a lot of reports that best buy is getting more digibooks in - as early as tommorrow morning - apparently this has come from best buy employees and the JAWs official facebook page.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=203207&page=2

Mikey Horror
08-16-2012, 02:13 AM
I was at Best Buy right when they opened yesterday and they only had three copies of the digibook which were gone before I got to the register with mine. I really hope Best Buy gets more of these in stock as there were a lot of disappointed and frustrated people looking for these. And to those people who bought multiple copies just to whore them out on eBay, go fuck yourselves. If it's perfectly within your rights to do so, then it's perfectly within my rights to call you a fucking douchebag for it.

Katatonia
08-16-2012, 03:56 AM
I was at Best Buy right when they opened yesterday and they only had three copies of the digibook which were gone before I got to the register with mine. I really hope Best Buy gets more of these in stock as there were a lot of disappointed and frustrated people looking for these. And to those people who bought multiple copies just to whore them out on eBay, go fuck yourselves. If it's perfectly within your rights to do so, then it's perfectly within my rights to call you a fucking douchebag for it.

I totally agree, but to the ebay bidders who are paying $100 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaws-Blu-ray-DVD-Digibook-Best-Buy-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Sold-Out-/261083197742?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3cc9c5712e) – they should also be called fucking retards as well.

Ash28M
08-16-2012, 04:22 AM
Amazon.ca and futureshop.ca both say that have the Digibook still in stock.

Matt89
08-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Yeah Future Shop had tons of them. They at least had 20+ at the downtown store.

~Matt

Copyboy
08-16-2012, 10:56 AM

This might be true if they actually had something to offer in place of it like the Jaws Blu-ray digibook with an inflatable pool shark for the low, low price of only $59.95, but they didn't.

Haven't been a big fan of Best Buy in a long time but I certainly didn't expect this. I remember back in the '90s they had one of the best selections of movies and music. Apparently they're only worth checking out now when they have one of these exclusive deals.

bigdaddyhorse
08-16-2012, 05:00 PM
You just never know which BB exclusives are going to hard to get hold of, and which are jokes. Remember the Jason Lives bonus disc with the Friday the 13th sets? Those were near impossible to get. Then you have the Terminator: Salvation head-shaped case BD which I saw in my shitty store 2-3 weeks ago (and they keep disappearing then coming back, think the store takes em away now and then to make it look like it sells) or the Anchorman: Rich Mahogany Edition BD that they have 3 more copies of this week, yet everything online says it's long OOP and rare, is always in the store.

Sucks that the bigger and more horror related the bonus is, the harder and rarer it is too. They seriously underestimated the appeal and audience of Jaws I would say. Congrats to everyone who got a digibook for retail/reason. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. Why anyone would throw in their cards and go ebay already seems silly to me, I bet some stores if not all will get at least a few more books in.

Or go to Canada! If I wasn't a "menace to society" who would be arrested at bridge crossing, I'd roll over there to get some extra copies for board members and ebay myself.

Matt89
08-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Or go to Canada! If I wasn't a "menace to society" who would be arrested at bridge crossing, I'd roll over there to get some extra copies for board members and ebay myself.

Haha you can't cross the border into Canada? What did you do?

~Matt

Ash28M
08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Or you can just order them online from amazon.ca

bigdaddyhorse
08-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Haha you can't cross the border into Canada? What did you do?

~Matt

Got randomed stopped around 12 years ago (pre 9-11) and had a baggie of sticks and seeds I thought I threw out, but was in the console. Then they asked me questions and because I had been arrested and convicted of DUI in the States (that was 10 years before the bridge stop to boot), I was called a 'menace to society' and would be trespassed unless I pay the magistrate of Canada $250 to look at my case and maybe let me back in. Plus they torn my fucking seats up, didn't put them back together, kept my bridge fee and strip-searched me. Fuck them all! :fuck:

I used to love driving over and going to the casino in Windsor, but accept that I don't really need to go back so I never even tried. My girl says I'll be lost in the system, I think the system will have advanced a bit since 9-11 and certainly include me, probably on a terrorist list by now. I mean DUI's are worse than murder!

Matt89
08-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Oh that sucks. The Ontario/NY border pulls people over all the time. Big trafficking route because that highway leads literally right to Toronto. Going through the Quebec/Vermont border is a fucking breeze tho. Literally like no questions asked.

~Matt

shape22
08-17-2012, 12:30 AM
This is unreal. I just checked the scene where The Orca is sinking and Bruce crashes through the cabin. The Foley work is still completely messed up and consistent with the prior buggered remasters--not the original mono track.

Please do a side-by-side comparison and let me know if you're hearing the same thing. You can toggle between the original mono (expanded to 2 channels for the Blu-ray disc) and the remastered 7.1 track.

The 7.1 track appears to be missing all the creaks and groans of the Orca going down in the two outside shots of the boat just prior to Bruce crashing through the window. On the 7.1 track it sounds pretty serene. And the crash through the cabin is still the same tinny breaking pane of glass replacement effect from the prior 5.1 track.

Please let me know if I'm nuts. But right now I'm officially disappointed in the surround track.

MacReady
08-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Got the digipack earlier and just got done watching the blu-ray. The V/A quality is amazing! It's been awhile since I saw the film, but wow, it really looks great. Never noticed before (perhaps I just wasn't paying attention enough), but one scene during the last 1/3 of the movie when they're on the boat, if you look up in the sky, there are a few meteors flying across. I thought it was a scratched on the print, but then another showed up. Pretty damn cool! :lol:

You are right, that is one of the best moments in the movie. But, you could/can see the meteors on both VHS and DVD. Awesome part of an awesome movie.

MacReady
08-17-2012, 01:17 AM
This is unreal. I just checked the scene where The Orca is sinking and Bruce crashes through the cabin. The Foley work is still completely messed up and consistent with the prior buggered remasters--not the original mono track.

Please do a side-by-side comparison and let me know if you're hearing the same thing. You can toggle between the original mono (expanded to 2 channels for the Blu-ray disc) and the remastered 7.1 track.

The 7.1 track appears to be missing all the creaks and groans of the Orca going down in the two outside shots of the boat just prior to Bruce crashing through the window. On the 7.1 track it sounds pretty serene. And the crash through the cabin is still the same tinny breaking pane of glass replacement effect from the prior 5.1 track.

Please let me know if I'm nuts. But right now I'm officially disappointed in the surround track.

I hope you are "nuts". I dont want to pay ~$30 for a blu-ray with a sub par sound track.

But, it is DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit). Maybe you need to
adjust your "system" to hear it right?

shape22
08-17-2012, 02:18 AM
But, it is DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit). Maybe you need to adjust your "system" to hear it right?

I wish that was the case. Unfortunately I'm OCD about downmix settings (I only have a 5.1 speaker setup). Of course, it's possible that it's a limitation of the way I'm hooked up, which is why I'm asking. But because of the similarities to the prior 5.1 mix I think it's an issue with the 7.1 soundtrack.

Please let me know what you get from an A/B comparison. Thanks.

othervoice1
08-17-2012, 03:33 AM
Late afternoon one of the two Best Buys in my area got a handful of digi-books - got it reserved online and picked it up tonight - lady at the counter said they couldnt keep em in stock and they were sold out already (but mine was reserved so I was okay) The other Best Buy I had checked with earlier in the day and they said they didnt see that they would be getting any in this week

othervoice1
08-17-2012, 03:36 AM
Never noticed before (perhaps I just wasn't paying attention enough), but one scene during the last 1/3 of the movie when they're on the boat, if you look up in the sky, there are a few meteors flying across. I thought it was a scratched on the print, but then another showed up. Pretty damn cool!
Found this in a little factoid on the movie:
When the three guys are out on the boat in the dark looking for the shark, a meteor shoots past Roy's right shoulder - this meteor was a real one. In the next few frames another meteor shoots across the top of the frame - this meteor is CG, added in post-production, which is Spielberg's trademark.

shape22
08-17-2012, 04:15 AM
Others are confirming what I'm hearing. Check post 207 here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/322696/a-few-words-about-jaws-in-blu-ray/180

This is a huge bummer for me. Aspects of the new 7.1 mix are sensational. I was able to clearly hear music cues that used to get lost in the shuffle. And there's a clarity to busy crowd scenes that was never there before. But the Foley replacement in the climactic scenes is really terrible--so bad that I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned in any reviews. The DVD mix was savaged. Yet some of the same mistakes have been duplicated here without any of the major review sites pointing it out.

The video transfer looks pretty damn sensational. And all-in-all this is a huge upgrade. But it's a shame that they couldn't get this release 100% right.

SaviniFan
08-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I just checked online and a local Best Buy near me has received more digi-books. I've reserved it online and I'm going to pick it up in a few. Most in my area are showing as out of stock.

DanceEnergy24
08-18-2012, 03:14 AM
Got my digibook from Best Buy today. I checked on the store computer and went to another store where they were supposed to have two copies. Neither copy was on the shelf. I had to have an employee go find it and personally bring it to me. I suggest if it's not on the shelf you ask to see if they actually have stock somewhere else.

Mikey Horror
08-18-2012, 05:02 AM
Got my digibook from Best Buy today. I checked on the store computer and went to another store where they were supposed to have two copies. Neither copy was on the shelf. I had to have an employee go find it and personally bring it to me. I suggest if it's not on the shelf you ask to see if they actually have stock somewhere else.

Yeah, Best Buy is notorious for that shit. I went to pick up The Raid on blu-ray and their computer in the store said they had eight in stock but it was nowhere to be found on the rack so I asked an employee and he gave me the famous Best Buy throwaway line of "If it's not on the shelf then we don't have any". Needless to say I asked him to check in the back and two minutes later he came out with a copy. I think I've yet to encounter a single Best Buy employee who wasn't lazy as shit. They just don't care. With the way that store is going, most of them will be out of a job soon so I guess I wouldn't give a shit either.

SaviniFan
08-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Not trying to turn this thread into another Best Buy bash, but I had a shitty time picking up this digibook. The online pickup line was next to their customer service line. Nobody was in it so I politely asked the people in the service line if any of them were waiting for an online pickup as I didn't want to cut in front of anyone. An older woman said she was, so I told her to go in front of me. A female employee behind the counter then asked if we were picking up, I replied yes, then she directed both of us to go to the end of the counter on another side of the store. We get there, a male employee checks our pickup email copies then tells us he can't help us and to go wait in the customer service line.

Long story short, I got bounced back and forth one more time before any of the clueless idiots figured out what I needed. I'm done with this piece of shit business. And they probably wonder why they are having to close stores and are going down the toilet so fast.

Dave
08-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Damn I can't find a copy local to me so I'm likely going to just buy it from Amazon.ca for another $10.

bigdaddyhorse
08-18-2012, 09:40 PM
I think what got out today (some did, I saw 1 copy myself and am deciding what to do with it) were the last of them. I asked about the possibility of more and was taken to the computer where I saw it say there were no more in store (BB computers say that if less than 3 copies remain, explaining the one in my hand), no more in any store within 100 miles (so maybe 1 or 2:)), and not available to order online anymore either. Then something else on another product page said discontinued. It was nice of them to show me that shit, helps when the manager is a neighbor.;) I feel like I learned a thing or 2 about how the stores operate.

SickNick89
08-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Whatever happened with the JAWS 3 blu ray that was announced?

fceurich39
08-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Whatever happened with the JAWS 3 blu ray that was announced?

also JAWS 2 as well as bride of chucky i remember all those were in universal's slate for this year

Mikey Horror
08-18-2012, 11:49 PM
If anyone wants my digital copy code just let me know. I don't use the damn things and just wondering if anyone could actually use it before I toss it in the trash.

bigdaddyhorse
08-19-2012, 12:28 AM
If anyone wants my digital copy code just let me know. I don't use the damn things and just wondering if anyone could actually use it before I toss it in the trash.

Ditto here. There was a lurker/newbie who PM'd me about DC codes, but I took forever to reply and he hasn't returned to the site (or posted anything ever). I also have Fast Time at Ridgemont High, Scarface, Scream 4 and Final Destination 5 codes if anyone wants. One of em was going to expire the end of the month, can't recall which one though (not Jaws, that's good until 2015), most expire the end of the year.

I still will keep the insert with the code to save the completeness of my set, but it's no prob to give the code out as I'll never use it or any of them. Glad the collector mentality doesn't include redeeming codes for things I don't want or need, just keeping things I don't want or need.:rolleyes:

soxfan666
08-19-2012, 12:42 AM
I just drove 45 minutes to pick up the digi-book. Pain in the ass, but I wasn't going to miss out!

othervoice1
08-19-2012, 01:59 AM
I havent watched the blu yet (probably will tonight or tommorrow) but the digibook is pretty cool - looks nice and actually has some interesting content

Dobby
08-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Not that I give a flying hoot about this movie with screwed up audio. Still it's amazing the stupidity of people paying $50 for the digi-book on feeBay. They eat up that limited edition BS rundown scam like candy. Interestingly I see most Worst Buys only got like 4 in stock per store. Now with no restock inventory anywhere in sight just cute.

fattyjoe37
08-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I ended up ordering the book online last weekend after watching that unboxing video. It arrived yesterday and was all beat up. Best Buy apparently only ships single items in plastic bags with no protection. So I opened my book and half of the pages were folded on the bottom corner, the first page even had a tear on the bottom right hand corner! The cover was also beat up, each corner had dents. Now I have to wait for a local to store to get a new one in stock to be able to trade it in. No way am I letting them mail me a replacement.

Katatonia
08-19-2012, 07:35 PM
I ended up ordering the book online last weekend after watching that unboxing video. It arrived yesterday and was all beat up. Best Buy apparently only ships single items in plastic bags with no protection. So I opened my book and half of the pages were folded on the bottom corner, the first page even had a tear on the bottom right hand corner! The cover was also beat up, each corner had dents. Now I have to wait for a local to store to get a new one in stock to be able to trade it in. No way am I letting them mail me a replacement.

Yeah, I hate those cheap white plastic bags some places are in the habit of using now. I don't see how companies can ship items in them and not expect things to arrive beat up a good percentage of the time.

That crap and these cheap eco-cases that easily damage coverart is enough to piss anyone off.

bigdaddyhorse
08-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Ditto here. There was a lurker/newbie who PM'd me about DC codes, but I took forever to reply and he hasn't returned to the site (or posted anything ever). I also have Fast Time at Ridgemont High, Scarface, Scream 4 and Final Destination 5 codes if anyone wants. One of em was going to expire the end of the month, can't recall which one though (not Jaws, that's good until 2015), most expire the end of the year.

I still will keep the insert with the code to save the completeness of my set, but it's no prob to give the code out as I'll never use it or any of them. Glad the collector mentality doesn't include redeeming codes for things I don't want or need, just keeping things I don't want or need.:rolleyes:

All digital copies are claimed, I'll get those out soon.

Zillamon51
08-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Is the Canadian book identical to the US / Best Buy version?

What I'm really wondering is: Is the cover and / or the contents cluttered up with that bilingual text that a lot of Canuck discs are? I see these a lot at Big Lots and they look like crap to me. For $3 I'll put up with it, for $30+, no thanks.

Ash28M
08-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Is the Canadian book identical to the US / Best Buy version?

What I'm really wondering is: Is the cover and / or the contents cluttered up with that bilingual text that a lot of Canuck discs are? I see these a lot at Big Lots and they look like crap to me. For $3 I'll put up with it, for $30+, no thanks.

I can't comment if it's identical as I have nothing to compare mine too but It is only in English.

bigdaddyhorse
08-20-2012, 04:14 PM
If only English then the only noticeable difference might be the UPC code (to distinguish countries).
US UPC (not the sticker that was on both copies I have over the UPC) is 025192155512. The sticker code is 025192129001 FWIW.

More often than not Future Shop exclusives from Canada are identical to Best buy ones from the US, but not always. If the UPC matches, everything else probably will too. I only see Universal logos on back bottom. Often times Canadian will have an alternate company logo but disc ID's will match the US versions with slight cover variations you'll miss if not looking for them, logos lead the way for these variants, right behind UPC codes.

RickMoe
08-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes I can confirm the digibook blu in Canada IS English only - same as US. Got mine at Future Shop last Thursday (3 days post release) and they still had at least 10 copies. Priced $29.99 CAN but with the $5 off coupon found in CLICK magazine at cashier's desk, rang in for only $24.99.

But the regular (non-book) blu in Canada DOES have ugly bilingual crap on it... at least it does on the slipcover.

bigdaddyhorse
08-20-2012, 07:36 PM
I think what got out today (some did, I saw 1 copy myself and am deciding what to do with it) were the last of them. I asked about the possibility of more and was taken to the computer where I saw it say there were no more in store (BB computers say that if less than 3 copies remain, explaining the one in my hand), no more in any store within 100 miles (so maybe 1 or 2:)), and not available to order online anymore either. Then something else on another product page said discontinued. It was nice of them to show me that shit, helps when the manager is a neighbor.;) I feel like I learned a thing or 2 about how the stores operate.

Now I have no doubt that BB is clueless all around. Prevoius post was SaturdayN today they had not 1, not 2, not 5 but 7 more copies on the rack. Good news for those who thought they missed the booklet boat!

dave13
08-20-2012, 09:59 PM
But the regular (non-book) blu in Canada DOES have ugly bilingual crap on it... at least it does on the slipcover.

yeah, that's true. the good news is that the slipcover splits the english and french onto both edges, so on my shelf it looks like its only in english. unfortunately, the lovely cover art is marred by bilingual packaging, and the back is pretty insanely crammed with text, which is a shame.

DanceEnergy24
08-20-2012, 10:38 PM
The computer at my local Best Buy showed two available copies but neither were on the shelf. The same thing happened at the next closest store where I picked it up Friday. They're not stocking these on the shelves in my area for some reason. You have to get an employee to go and personally get it for you.

bigdaddyhorse
08-21-2012, 06:21 PM
2 book copies still remain in Ann Arbor, up front on the new release rack (but moved to side today). No copies of standard BD there, just dvds and books.

Dave
08-22-2012, 02:56 PM
My wife and I are moving to a bigger place this week. I held off on ordering the book from Canada, which is going to cost $35-$40 shipped, because I wanted to get it shipped to the new place. Well, I checked online one last time and there's one in stock about 10 mins from my current place. I snagged it online yesterday and got the confirmation, so I'll pick it up today. It only saves me like $8 or $9 but hey, mine as well.

Copyboy
08-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Dave, I would call before you go to pick it up. I did the same yesterday and fortunately they had it in stock when I got there after work. Managed to snag the last one off the shelf for a friend of mine as well. But when I got home last night there was a message on my home phone from someone at Best Buy saying that even though I got the email confirmation saying it was ready to pick up, they couldn't locate it in the store! HOW does that happen? Idiots. She did call back and left a second message saying they found it, but clearly Best Buy is bananas.

Mikey Horror
08-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Best Buy just needs to stop doing in store pickups for releases with multiple versions because they grab the wrong one every time. They should just do it for releases that have only one version available.

Dave
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
It's 10 mins away so I don't mind the driver, but I will definitely verify it's the digibook before walking away.

SpaceAce
08-27-2012, 07:27 PM
the frenzy must be over here, I saw 3 Jaws digibooks sitting on the shelf of a best buy store in the regular blu section.

WesReviews
08-27-2012, 08:07 PM
None of the Best Buys near me have them. :(

bigdaddyhorse
08-27-2012, 09:37 PM
My store was clear of them Sunday, we'll see what happens tomorrow when I go to look at that Terminator set. They did have tons of the standard BD on the "old" rack, nothing up front anymore.

Ebay prices look to have come back to reality, $30-40 + shipping. Thankfully I don't care, I'm either gonna gift my extra, return it, or sell it for what I paid here. Still TBD.

shape22
08-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Is anyone else pissed off about the 7.1 soundtrack? It really enrages me that they made a point to say they were retrieving the original sound effects in the promo video that came out a couple months ago. The climactic scenes sound nothing like the original mono track. I really find it hard to believe this sort of thing could pass a quality control inspection--especially after all the flak they took for the prior messed up 5.1 mixes.

Very disappointing. This release is like the Blu-ray release of Carpenter's Halloween. It's an improvement in a lot of ways. But the screwed up color timing really distracts me. The surround track for Jaws is equally jarring.

I appreciate the fact that that they included the original mono track. But unfortunately it isn't nearly as immersive as the good parts of the 7.1 track. That makes this less than the definitive release that I was hoping for.

Am I the only anal-retentive bastard bothered by this? It seems pretty lazy and stupid to undertake an all-out restoration and miss this badly with the default audio track. No?

dave13
08-28-2012, 03:16 AM
Is anyone else pissed off about the 7.1 soundtrack? It really enrages me that they made a point to say they were retrieving the original sound effects in the promo video that came out a couple months ago. The climactic scenes sound nothing like the original mono track. I really find it hard to believe this sort of thing could pass a quality control inspection--especially after all the flak they took for the prior messed up 5.1 mixes.

Very disappointing. This release is like the Blu-ray release of Carpenter's Halloween. It's an improvement in a lot of ways. But the screwed up color timing really distracts me. The surround track for Jaws is equally jarring.

I appreciate the fact that that they included the original mono track. But unfortunately it isn't nearly as immersive as the good parts of the 7.1 track. That makes this less than the definitive release that I was hoping for.

Am I the only anal-retentive bastard bothered by this? It seems pretty lazy and stupid to undertake an all-out restoration and miss this badly with the default audio track. No?

i haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but i watched the youtube video, and i agree that its a terrible botching of the original audio. if it hasn't been fixed, then yeah, i'm pissed about it too. when i get around to watching it, i think i'll opt for the original mono...

Stige
09-09-2012, 03:24 PM
just opened the steelbook, going to watch tonight.....

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of ridiculous for the other BLU RAY in the box to be for a digital copy`? wouldn't it have made more sense to max out the first blu with the movie only and had bonus features and the copy thing( which I can't believe ANYONE ever uses)on the other bluray?

SaviniFan
09-15-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm assuming that the Jaws digi-book blu ray is completely sold out as there is no longer a listing for it on Best Buy's website.

bigdaddyhorse
09-15-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm assuming that the Jaws digi-book blu ray is completely sold out as there is no longer a listing for it on Best Buy's website.

Yeah, I haven't seen one in stores for at least 3 weeks now, so I think it's safe to say they are gone. Ebay is flooded with em, from $24.00 to $40.00 when I just looked. How much did that Japan steelbook go for at retail? That fucker is getting $100+ easy-like. People sure love steelbooks!

Anthropophagus
07-07-2013, 03:08 AM
Just pulled out my anniversary edition dvd and to my surprise it froze in quite a few places.
Great time to get the Blu-Ray book edition which I always wanted anyway so just finally put in my order.
Can't wait to see that documentary.

Myron Breck
07-07-2013, 04:00 AM
I just bought this on blu the other day...does the digibook have more features than the "regular" blu?

Katatonia
07-07-2013, 04:16 AM
I just bought this on blu the other day...does the digibook have more features than the "regular" blu?

No, it's the exact same disc content.

dave13
09-29-2013, 02:05 AM
finally watching my BD (and yeah, it looks pretty fantastic), and i just noticed something - when Quint and Hooper are swapping scar stories, after they both say they'll "drink to your leg!", Brody does this little thing where he lifts up the right side of his shirt, then frowns and puts it back down again, and i realized, for the first time, that he's looking at a scar from an appendectomy! :lol: finally got the joke.

makes me wonder how long its actually been since i've watched the movie. i had my appendix out in 2010, so its obviously been more than three years...

Workshed
09-18-2014, 06:36 PM
apropos of nothing:

http://i.imgur.com/3sRm90k.gif

Spacetraveler
09-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Oh, when I saw this thread bumped I was hoping they finally announced Jaws 2-4 on blu ray. Sigh, maybe in 2015 for the film's 40th anniversary...

Matt89
09-18-2014, 10:17 PM
^ Haha same. :(

~Matt

ronnie21
09-18-2014, 11:59 PM
iam the only one who seemed to think the transfer for jaws looked too dark...

Ash28M
09-19-2014, 12:08 AM

You may want to check your tv video settings.

shape22
09-19-2014, 01:12 AM

In terms of video this is an excellent release. Lots of faithful Blu-ray transfers are going to look darker than their DVD counterparts. Contrast boosting was rampant in the DVD era.

Have you done a good calibration of your TV? For about $30 you can get a Spears & Munsil calibration disc from Amazon. It contains a ton of test patterns that will help you ensure that you're seeing what's actually on the disc.

This is just a thought. Have you turned off all dynamic contrast features on your TV? They're typically enabled by default--and they wreak havoc on brightness levels.

ronnie21
09-19-2014, 01:31 AM
I just thought you could see chrissies pussy hair better in other versions..

soxfan666
09-19-2014, 01:44 AM

I think it was mentioned in a bonus feature that she shaved for this release since it was hi-def...

Matt89
09-19-2014, 02:39 AM
I think it was mentioned in a bonus feature that she shaved for this release since it was hi-def...

Spielberg confirmed this.

~Matt

X-human
09-19-2014, 03:33 AM
apropos of nothing:

http://i.imgur.com/3sRm90k.gif

Well if nobody else will say this, I will.

I fucking love this. Thank you.

Grim
09-20-2014, 02:29 PM

This statement isn't creepy at all.

Dave
09-20-2014, 08:27 PM
I want god damn Jaws 3 in bluray 3D damnit! License it to someone and get it over with, already. Argh.

evildeadfan123
09-21-2014, 12:16 AM
I want god damn Jaws 3 in bluray 3D damnit! License it to someone and get it over with, already. Argh.

I also want it too. I saw it at the theaters with my mom and brother.

Christy
09-21-2014, 04:49 AM

I have Jaws 3 on an actual pressed blu-ray though it is not in 3-D. I also have the JAWS 3-D in actual 3-D on a pressed DVD disc. Both do exist but Universal has zero interest on making them available to the general public. They don't see them as big sellers so it's very unlikely they will see any kind of re-release. The blu-ray's and DVD's were given only to some Universal employees and other private parties. The 3-D DVD and Blu-ray were produced in very small quantities. I have always been a very huge fan of the JAWS 3-D film myself also. Jaws 3 has a very special place in my heart sense it was the very first Jaws film I ever saw. I have seen from time to time people selling knock offs of both versions online. I just don't know if they are actually selling pressed discs or copies of these original discs.

Buechlers_beard
09-21-2014, 09:49 AM
I have Jaws 3 on an actual pressed blu-ray though it is not in 3-D. I also have the JAWS 3-D in actual 3-D on a pressed DVD disc. Both do exist but Universal has zero interest on making them available to the general public. They don't see them as big sellers so it's very unlikely they will see any kind of re-release. The blu-ray's and DVD's were given only to some Universal employees and other private parties. The 3-D DVD and Blu-ray were produced in very small quantities. I have always been a very huge fan of the JAWS 3-D film myself also. Jaws 3 has a very special place in my heart sense it was the very first Jaws film I ever saw. I have seen from time to time people selling knock offs of both versions online. I just don't know if they are actually selling pressed discs or copies of these original discs.

Both of the versions you have, are readily availible online. The BD is a HD TV version with a beautiful case designed (but taken from the VHS box) by a guy named Fritz Nilsen. The DVD was produced by a online indie company who released 2 versions, a stereoscopic DVD and a anaglyph version (your choice depending in your setup). http://3dmovieinfo.m.webs.com/site/mobile?dm_path=%2Fjaws3d.htm&fw_sig_access_token=8fbaeb3379a9181cbda4acce078f94 6ddb76f914&fw_sig=82fcb547cdff559d3177ae9d4d1f8b65&fw_sig_is_admin=0&fw_sig_social=1&fw_sig_locale=en-US&fw_sig_premium=0&fw_sig_partner=webs&fw_sig_tier=0&fw_sig_permissions=none&fw_sig_time=1411289145715&fw_sig_session_key=1d5fb8d95a8f857c7f3740ece5a5e45 6566b4d0e0ac1591c596a802596e25bc3-30855254&fw_sig_permission_level=0&fw_sig_site=30855254&fw_sig_api_key=522b0eedffc137c934fc7268582d53a1&fw_sig_url=http://www.freewebs.com/3dmovieinfo/&fb_sig_network=fw#2111

... but I may be wrong. Was never a huge Jaws nut 😉

Dave
09-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Yeah I have the Sensio 3D DVD and it's decent enough. I have to set my bluray player to a 4x3 display because the DVD is apparently flagged wrong. The transfer is decent enough but I would prefer an actual 3D bluray.

Workshed
09-22-2014, 06:47 PM
well if nobody else will say this, i will.

I fucking love this. Thank you.

ha! :D

Steel76
09-22-2014, 07:01 PM
I fucking love this.

Yeah, thatīs one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time :D

Harrycanyon
09-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Universal with Spielberg did an amazing nearly flawless job of restorating a classic from the 70s from the original 35mm camera negative which was a labor of love you think it was filmed in 2011 with new detail you never seen before and it looks more beautiful than ever.

The new remix soundtrack is awesome too as you can hear the shark theme rattle in your bones but glad it has the original mono too.