PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters

X-human
01-08-2009, 12:58 AM
After months of speculation, Sony has at last confirmed a June Blu-ray debut for the '80s blockbuster 'Ghostbusters.' Sony will release the comedy classic in a long-awaited 25th Anniversary Edition on June 16, day-and-date with a new DVD re-issue.

Newly-remastered, 'Ghostbusters' will be presented on a BD-50 dual-layer disc in 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video. At press time, there are no confirmed audio formats, but we'll keep you posted.

Features exclusive to the 25th Anniversary Blu-ray include the "Slimer Mode" picture-in-picture "Graphical Viewing Experience" which includes an examination of the spook-hunters' firehouse headquarters, an in-depth exploration of the creatures in the Ghostbusters mythology, behind-the-scenes discussions of making the movie, and new cast, crew and special effects artists interviews. Also new is the featurette "Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car," the "Ghostbusters Garage" still gallery and a collectible 32-page booklet.

Extras carried over from the previous DVD edition include audio commentary with Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis, and Joe Medjuck, a trio of featurettes ("1984 The Making of Ghostbusters," "Interviews with Cast and Crew," "SFX Team"), deleted scenes and storyboard comparisons.

Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $38.95. At press time, Sony has not announced a Blu-ray release for 'Ghostbusters II.' http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/CES_2009/Sony/Disc_Announcements/Who_Ya_Gonna_Call_Ghostbusters_on_Blu-ray_this_June/2383

Hopefully the commentary will retain the MST3k styled presentation the original DVD had.

sgtpeppers
01-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Yay! I can't wait.

Vlachio
01-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Great news this will look stunning on BR.

mlock
01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Sounds great to me too! I just hope I can find it for less than 35 bucks but because it's Sony, problably not.:rolleyes:

The Chaostar
01-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I had my first existential crisis when I first saw GB in 1984. Like, why must we die and stuff. Funny how kids think...

CesspoolOfSkull
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
This takes me back, thinking about GB. When I lived in Memphis, I think I was like 5, I saw the Ghostbusters Ecto car getting gas in a gas station, Honestly I think someone bought a similar one and slapped the sticker on both sides of it and that's it, but it looked identical, and I went crazy. I wanted that damn thing so bad and my mom was like "no you can't touch someone else's car" haha. Back then to me it looked like the real thing, but if I saw it today it was possibly just something with a couple stickers on it.

fceurich39
06-27-2009, 09:51 PM
anyone get this on blu-ray and how is it? i have been tempted cause i have the ghostbusters 1 and 2 dvd set but i am pissed they didn't release part 2 on blu to go with this otherwise i would have gotten it for sure

Grim
06-27-2009, 11:15 PM
I got it. Looks great. I'll get two when it comes out as well.

Katatonia
06-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I grabbed it for $9.99 at Amazon with the two $5 coupons...before the coupon stacking stopped working. :)

It looks quite good in HD. Not outstanding, but quite good for an 80's flick.

Grim
06-28-2009, 01:06 AM
I grabbed it for $9.99 at Amazon with the two $5 coupons...before the coupon stacking stopped working. :)

It looks quite good in HD. Not outstanding, but quite good for an 80's flick.

Yeah I never expected it to look breathtaking. Ghostbusters always had a grainy quality to it and that is retained in the blu-ray, but it is a huge improvement over every release of the film so far.

Erick H.
06-28-2009, 09:50 AM
The film runs on the big screen next month if you are in the D.C. area.The AFI SILVER theater (great venue) is having their third annual 80's fest.Among the films screened between July and August are GHOSTBUSTERS,STAR TREK 2,ROBOCOP,ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK,BLOW OUT,BODY DOUBLE and A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET.

fceurich39
07-07-2009, 05:27 PM
anyone try slimer mode i cant hear the interviews i can hear the movie though?

Grim
07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
The film runs on the big screen next month if you are in the D.C. area.The AFI SILVER theater (great venue) is having their third annual 80's fest.Among the films screened between July and August are GHOSTBUSTERS,STAR TREK 2,ROBOCOP,ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK,BLOW OUT,BODY DOUBLE and A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET.

Body Double? SOLD

KR~!
07-08-2009, 01:08 AM
They are selling this one cheap everywhere, so if you have a blu-Ray player, now is a good time to pick up this classic.

Marv Inc.
07-11-2009, 08:37 PM
anyone try slimer mode i cant hear the interviews i can hear the movie though?

You need to change the audio output on your player.

fceurich39
07-11-2009, 11:32 PM
You need to change the audio output on your player.

oh ok i just have it running through hdmi to tv

Marv Inc.
07-13-2009, 07:11 PM
In the player menu, go to audio options and set it to 'mix' rather than 'direct' should sort it out.