PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th: Season Two Countdown

rhett
01-20-2009, 06:14 AM
There are 26 days until Jason's return to theaters with the FRIDAY THE 13TH remake, and as it happens, there are 26 episodes in season two of FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE SERIES. Join me every day for the next 26 days as I review a new episode in the series as we countdown to Jason's return and the release of the second season of this cult series on DVD. I'll be updating my review formal with a new episode critique each day, so keep checking back to see all that transpires in everyone's favorite haunted antique shop, Twisted Goods. Mirrors, violins, and even beehives - no artifact is safe on Friday the 13th!

Click here (http://horrordigital.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=732) to see the newest episode review.

FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE SERIES - SEASON TWO comes out February 10th, 2009 with a retail price of $49.99.

Erick H.
01-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Look forward to the reviews,Rhett,always liked this show.With TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE looming too it looks like 80's TV horror is hitting DVD at a faster clip now.I wish someone would issue DARKROOM,but I guess that one's not well known enough for a big company to bite on.

rhett
01-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I'm excited for TFTD, too. I just wish Warner would smarten up and release THE HITCHHIKER in proper seasons rather than the best-of collections.

Zombie Dude
01-20-2009, 11:17 AM
What about Freddy's Nightmare's? That needs a dvd release too. I hope the remake causes this to happen.

zompirejoe
01-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Can't wait for this, and Tales From the Darkside. Monsters would be another series that would be great to own.

Angelman
01-20-2009, 03:44 PM
awesome. My friend worked on the f13 series... Gotta give him a heads up.

_pi_
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I think the themes you guys come up with for this site are awesome. The 31-movie-a-day -octoberthon of course kicks all sorts of unsightly ass, but this one is pretty cool as well. You should do more of these, they're fun! Long live horrorwatchamacallit.com, yay! :D

bigdaddyhorse
01-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Looking forward to the new movie and season 2 of F13. Someday I'll get to the last couple discs of season 1, I was on such a roll but then all kinds of other shit to watch started rolling in from the library, the torrent sites, the theaters, and cable. Then I go on a trip, then the holidays, then playoff football... someday Robey, we will be together again.:D

Hey Angelman, who's your friend? I did profiles for the the first season on dvdprofiler so I probably at least know him by name.

fceurich39
01-20-2009, 08:34 PM
will pick up season 2 and hopefully season 3 will also be released this year maybe this june when the friday remake and parts 4-6 special editions dvds come out

satans-sadists
01-27-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm a fan of this series too and have been enjoying reading these episode reviews. Not quite finished watching Season 1, though I must say the "Faith Healer" episode directed by David Cronenberg was pretty extreme tv viewing for its time. I will definitely be buying Season 2 and should have the first season wrapped up by then.

rhett
01-27-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm glad there's some interest here, because I'm certainly having fun with the series. There are a few really classic episodes. The one I watched today was a real stinker, though. Maaaaaaan. That one should be up in three days.

fceurich39
02-14-2009, 11:37 PM
i finished watching season 2 and loved most of the episodes the picture quality looked a little bit better than the first season i sure hope the 3rd and final season doesn't take took long to come out on dvd. maybe either this sept/oct 2009 or this summer when the friday remake and 4-6 deluxe edition dvds come out one hopes

thing
03-03-2009, 02:52 PM
expensive

Coverdale
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Season 3 is where Ryan left and was replaced by Johnny. I think they went downhill that year.

hellraiser40
06-02-2009, 10:16 PM
am about halfway thru the first season

simply put, i was quite disappointed with the first DVD, all those episodes are quite fun, but to me the memory of this from all those years back wasn't really fulfilled, with a level of horror and spookiness that matches Scooby Doo

then, the second DVD, contained some better episodes, a bit more dark

now i've started the 3rd DVD and Tales Of The Undead and Scarecrow were great, as if they were from another show altogether, i cannot explain the shift

of course, Cronenberg's episode was superb, really intense, really sad that he only directed 1 episode

more importantly, those 3 episodes sold me, so i hope the rest of season 1 and 2 continue on this high level