PDA

View Full Version : Hellraiser coming to blu in April

Grim
01-30-2009, 09:28 PM
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Anchor_Bay/Disc_Announcements/Hellraiser_to_Terrify_Blu-ray_this_April/2444

This one definitely just shot to the top of my list for March and April, along with Sin City. I hope they use the original box art and not the new one, but whatever. I will have this day and date.

Matt89
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah I saw that on blu-ray.com. I, too shall be buying this on release date. Guess I should hold off on the new SE of Hellraiser II, huh? (That'll likely get a blu-ray release somwhere down the line.)

~Matt

fceurich39
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
here is the cover art and complete disc specs link

http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/hellraiser-ghostbusters-blu-ray-specs

Grim
01-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Nice, not the original art, but oh well.

One thing I've always wondered is why there aren't any deleted scenes on any of the releases. We know stuff was deleted as footage from a wedding flashback showed up in the beginning of Hellraiser 2. Maybe the original negatives and prints were lost or what have you.

Matt89
01-30-2009, 10:27 PM
That artwork's not bad. But I don't like how they changed the tagline. It's "WE'LL tear your soul apart!" not "HE'LL tear your soul apart!" Oh well, can't have everything! :D

~Matt

fceurich39
01-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Nice, not the original art, but oh well.

One thing I've always wondered is why there aren't any deleted scenes on any of the releases. We know stuff was deleted as footage from a wedding flashback showed up in the beginning of Hellraiser 2. Maybe the original negatives and prints were lost or what have you.

i too have wondered about all the flashback scenes like the wedding i am sure it probably is lost cause no one even mentions anything about those scenes just the extra hammer hits from julia is all i hear about even those appear to be lost i am assuming

Katatonia
01-30-2009, 11:13 PM
AWESOME!!! This is surely one of my most anticipated blu-ray releases, and I'll be pre-ordering it right away. Hopefully Hellbound won't be far behind...

dave13
01-30-2009, 11:26 PM
yes! so glad i held off on the 20th anniversary edition!

KillerCannabis
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
^ Same here. I'll gladly buy this one.

lanemyer774
02-03-2009, 01:19 AM
There is a Hellraiser box set being released on April 21. Very similar to the UK set except it doesn't include Hellraiser III. It's going to include:

Hellraiser: 20th Anniversay Edition
Hellbound: Hellraiser II - 20th Anniversary Edition
Hellraiser Blu-ray

It seems like Anchor Bay is using the same marketing strategy that was previously done with their Halloween set last year. Standard DVDs & a Blu-Ray. I only own the limited tin that included the first 2 movies. I never bought the 20th anniversary editions so this might be a possible double dip for myself.

www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Box-Set-Andrew-Robinson/dp/B001QMCJ0K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1233628188&sr=8-4
www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99366486196210&item_id=1451562&searchID=4818

Grim
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
There is a Hellraiser box set being released on April 21. Very similar to the UK set except it doesn't include Hellraiser III. It's going to include:

Hellraiser Blu-ray

It seems like Anchor Bay is using the same marketing strategy that was previously done with their Halloween set last year. Standard DVDs & a Blu-Ray. I only own the limited tin that included the first 2 movies. I never bought the 20th anniversary editions so this might be a possible double dip for myself.

http://http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001QMCJ0K/ref=nosim/dvdtalk
http://http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?partner_id=49648684&%20partner_id=49648684&%20userid=99366390793798&item_id=1451562&searchID=4818

Do you have a blu-ray player? Because the blu-ray of the first film has all of the features of the 20th anniversary DVD (to the best of my knowledge) and it's only a matter of time before Hellbound gets announced for blu and will more than likely have the features from its own 20th anniversary DVD. I'd say just get the first flick on blu and hold off for the second that will no doubt be announced probably within the next year or so. That's what I'm doing. Haha, but if you don't have a blu-ray player and don't intend to any time soon, I can see how this could be a wise move.

lanemyer774
02-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Unfortunately, I do not own a blu-ray player at the moment. I'm pretty sure I will eventually. Just don't know when, though. The smart thing to do would be to wait until I upgrade my player.

But on the other hand, I really like that packaging ;)

Katatonia
02-03-2009, 02:08 AM
Ehh... I wasn't interested in that Halloween set gimmick, and this doesn't interest me either. I already have both 20th Anniversary DVD editions, the old R1 tin set, and the R2 set anyways. I could really care less about the puzzle box package.

I'll just buy the Blu-ray seperately, and gladly save the $25+ :evil:

Matt89
02-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Wow, how fucking retarded are they? Why the hell would anyone want the blu-ray of part 1 along with the STANDARD DEF releases of parts 1 AND 2? Like....I don't understand this. Sure some people might eventually be GOING blu, but when you do...there's no use for the DVD of part 1, and like people have said already, it's only a matter of time before they release part 2 on blu. Gonna stick with the blu-ray only, fuck this stupid shit. It's nice that AB's releasing part 1 on blu, but it's like the company gets shittier and shittier with each passing week.

~Matt

vampyr789
02-03-2009, 02:25 AM
yes! so glad i held off on the 20th anniversary edition!

damn it! this is the second time this has happened to me! i just bought the first one like 2 weeks ago.

Grim
02-03-2009, 02:56 AM
At this point I hold off on all standard def new releases unless it is something that is just screaming for me to buy (F13 3D, MBV Uncut). It's basically just a matter of time these days before something will get released on blu and more and more genre titles are getting announced.

Matt89
02-03-2009, 03:25 AM
At this point I hold off on all standard def new releases unless it is something that is just screaming for me to buy (F13 3D, MBV Uncut). It's basically just a matter of time these days before something will get released on blu and more and more genre titles are getting announced.

Yeah that's what I keep telling myself.

~Matt

spawningblue
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Hellraiser Blu-ray

www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Box-Set-Andrew-Robinson/dp/B001QMCJ0K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1233628188&sr=8-4
www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99366486196210&item_id=1451562&searchID=4818

Do you have a blu-ray player? Because the blu-ray of the first film has all of the features of the 20th anniversary DVD (to the best of my knowledge) and it's only a matter of time before Hellbound gets announced for blu and will more than likely have the features from its own 20th anniversary DVD. I'd say just get the first flick on blu and hold off for the second that will no doubt be announced probably within the next year or so. That's what I'm doing. Haha, but if you don't have a blu-ray player and don't intend to any time soon, I can see how this could be a wise move.

Well the Blu Ray seems to be missing the 3 Trailers and 4 TV Spots for the movie, as well as the four still galleries with music: Behind the Scenes (3:16), Make-Up and SFX (2:24), Promotional Material (1:52), and Storyboards (3:03). A lot of people don't care about Still Galleries, but I do when it's cool stuff like Promotional Material and Make-Up/ SFX stills. Also, some trailers are really cool as well.

I think I might go for the box set as the box is really cool, and then I get the best picture, and all the extras for the first film. And I'm sure when they release the second film on Blu it will be missing some extras as well, so I don't mind having two copies of it.

Grim
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah the stills and the trailers aren't that important for me. I honestly haven't touched the Hellraiser special features since I bought the DVD about six years ago. Maybe I've listened to the commentary a few times since, but thats about it.

infinite
02-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I have never seen any of the sequels, but I like the original. Why does it come out on my birthday? Creepy..
I bought this movie on DVD a year ago at Best Buy for 4.99 and I liked the film alot. I really appreciate the film's versatility and it's affect on the genre. I was 8 when Scream came out Dec. 96 so clearly those are the kinds of movies i thought were scary, till I saw HALLOWEEN, TEXAS CHAINSAW...so forth. Hellraiser is right up there, they don't make movies that scary any more.
Will def. get that on blu

spawningblue
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Here's a review for the Blu Ray if anyone is interested.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=3519&show=review

Looks like the Blu Ray DOES include everything from the DVD, including the still galleries and the trailers. Sounds good to me! Looks like I may just pass on that cube set after all.

Matt89
04-02-2009, 05:42 PM
The only worthwhile Hellraiser sequel is part 2, anyway. I'll definitely grab this. Looks awesome!

~Matt

Katatonia
04-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Sweet! I was obviously buying it anyway, since it's one of my favorites, but that review makes me even more anxious to get it! :evil:

Korngold
04-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Order it yesterday. Thanks for the review!

CPT HOOK
02-10-2012, 02:52 AM
I was at F.Y.E. a day or two ago and they had a bunch of copies of the Anchor Bay blu-ray for $7.99.

Anyone who is interested might want to check their local F.Y.E. I'm pretty sure the Anchor Bay disc went OOP when the Image disc hit stores.

Marshall Crist
02-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Two things bug the shit out of me regarding HELLRAISER. 1) The ratings board cuts, which resulted in a censored version being distributed worldwide forever after by a chickenshit distributor. 2) The ridiculous American accents dubbed ever the voices of the moving crew by a chickenshit distributor.

Zombie Dude
02-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Two things bug the shit out of me regarding HELLRAISER. 1) The ratings board cuts, which resulted in a censored version being distributed worldwide forever after by a chickenshit distributor. 2) The ridiculous American accents dubbed ever the voices of the moving crew by a chickenshit distributor.

+1

Same for the cops at the beginning to Hellbound.

Plus the end of part one is uncut at the beginning of Hellbound so there is footage available.

Grim
02-11-2012, 12:28 AM
+1

Same for the cops at the beginning to Hellbound.

Plus the end of part one is uncut at the beginning of Hellbound so there is footage available.

Are we sure that wasn't new footage shot for Hellbound? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Barker said the only things cut was a couple hammer blows, one of the victims pleading, and a thrust or two during the sex scene.

Zombie Dude
02-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Are we sure that wasn't new footage shot for Hellbound? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Barker said the only things cut was a couple hammer blows, one of the victims pleading, and a thrust or two during the sex scene.
I'm sure I've read somewhere that Frank being pulled apart at the end was slightly trimmed.