PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Darko!

Dave
02-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Who is pumped?

Katatonia
02-02-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm looking forward to the Blu-ray. Hopefully Fox doesn't screw it up though.

Darga
02-02-2009, 08:35 AM
This is coming out on Blu Ray? Good news as long as it is the theatrical version. That director's cut was not so good.

killit
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah theatrical for sure with DC as a bside or something

fattyjoe37
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
It'll include both and hopefully all the special features from both versions. The director's cut had a great commentary with Director Richard Kelly and Kevin Smith.

KillerCannabis
02-02-2009, 06:18 PM
From what I've read the BD is less than impressive. Apparently the inferior DC looks better than the theatrical, which pretty much makes it a pass for me.

Dave
02-06-2009, 10:15 PM
My first viewing was the Director's Cut DVD. I lost disc 1 to that so getting the blu is a no brainer. I enjoy both cuts but never really "studied" both to see which I prefer. I am probably going to review it for the site, me thinks.

vampyr789
02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
one of my fave movies!! but on Blu-Ray...
sometimes i really wish i had a Blu-Ray player...now if they released Fight Club...then i would get one! (if i could :D)

Matt89
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
I heard the movie looks pretty good on blu. Not amazing, like it's not reference quality or anything, but apprently it looks pretty good. (It's a double-disc set with the Director's Cut and the Theatrical Version). IMO the theatrical version is the better of the two. There's a review up at www.dvdbeaver.com (http://www.dvdbeaver.com) if anyone's interested.

~Matt

vampyr789
02-06-2009, 10:53 PM
IMO the theatrical version is the better of the two.
~Matt

ditto! :)

fattyjoe37
02-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Anyone hear about the Direct to DVD sequel S. Darko coming out in a few months? It's about Donnie's little sister on a road trip and weird shit starts happening. Sounds terrible and will really hurt the legacy of the original.

Matt89
02-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Anyone hear about the Direct to DVD sequel S. Darko coming out in a few months? It's about Donnie's little sister on a road trip and weird shit starts happening. Sounds terrible and will really hurt the legacy of the original.

Yeah I read that on blu-ray.com. What the fuck is that? LMAO. Way to ruin shit, seriously.

~Matt

dave13
02-07-2009, 01:59 AM
i absolutely loved the movie the first time i saw it. but i think i only watched it once more, and never bought the dvd...but i think i'll pick this up...yes....yes, i know i'll pick this up.

Kolpitz
02-07-2009, 04:09 AM

To make matters worse, it's directed by Chris Fisher, who made this really rancid serial killer flick called Nightstalker (not to be confused with the brilliant Kolchak movie) back in 2002. I bought it because Fangoria put their stamp of approval on it (should've known better) and it was nothing but really bad, hyper-active music video edited non-sense that I shut off at the half hour mark. He would later go on to direct other direct-to-video shit like Dirty and Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders. I'm so glad that Fox handed over the reigns of the Darko legacy to this guy!

YottNik
02-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Anyone hear about the Direct to DVD sequel S. Darko coming out in a few months? It's about Donnie's little sister on a road trip and weird shit starts happening. Sounds terrible
Amen. Sounds like a complete turd.

and will really hurt the legacy of the original.

Nah.

MorallySound
02-07-2009, 05:52 AM

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=36435&highlight=Darko

Katatonia
02-07-2009, 08:11 AM

Yeah, and it sounds terrible. It should be retitled Donnie Darko's Turd

In other news: my pre-order is in at Amazon for the Blu-ray! :)

...and I agree, the theatrical cut is the superior version.