PDA

View Full Version : Alien Quadrilogy coming to Blu-ray

Katatonia
02-21-2009, 02:11 AM
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#021909 (http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#021909)

Okay, Alien fans... you'll be pleased with this. You may have read at the excellent Bloody Disgusting website today that the first three films in the Alien series are rumored for release later this year on Blu-ray by 20th Century Fox. We've actually hinted previously here that you might see them on BD in 2009. Now, however, we CAN confirm that our industry sources have informed us that Fox's current plans call for not just the first three films, but the ENTIRE Alien Quadrilogy set to be ported over to Blu-ray Disc for a late 2009 release. This would include all four films in the series - the complete set will all extras - and likely new material created exclusively for the Blu-ray release as well. We understand that the work is still on-going and (as always with these Rumor Mill posts) all of this is subject to change. But with a little luck, the Quad set should make its debut in 1080p before the year is out.

Myron Breck
02-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Okay, that did it. I am finally tempted to go hi-def. I can't imagine how gorgeous these will look!

KR~!
02-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Hell yes! I only want the 1st two however

SaviniFan
02-21-2009, 05:41 AM
I'll buy the set as I want the first 3. Don't care for 4, but will probably be cheaper to get the set than purchase those 3 separately. Good news.

AndresG
02-21-2009, 05:49 AM
good news, will be picking it up way later this year...

killit
02-21-2009, 06:27 AM
These days I only really want the first one. But I really want the original 70mm sound mix from the old laserdisc, that was my favorite presentstion to date. Really hope they include it

rijir
02-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Aliens is a very grainy film. I can't believe Bluray will make any difference.

Dave
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I have a dump of the Alien D-Theater on my hard drive and can confirm it does in fact looking amazing in hi-def.

Mutilated Prey
02-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Glad I didn't buy the standard DVD Quad :D

Stige
02-21-2009, 05:51 PM
hope FOX releases either an all region or an equal set in europe

Sam Loomis
02-21-2009, 06:20 PM

There's more to HD than grain removal. The Godfather movies were very grainy too and the new Blu Rays look gorgeous, and still retained much of the grain.

Odin
02-21-2009, 07:43 PM
looking forward to the release...i'm glad i didnt get the quad set on dvd

Grim
02-21-2009, 09:03 PM

Grains one thing. That's in the film itself, but a 1080p transfer would provide more detail and better colors, among other things. Every film can benefit in one way or another in HD.

This news just made my day, though. I have been saying to myself for the past year and a half "Man if only Aliens was on blu-ray..." Now it will be! I'm surprised they waited this long.

Katatonia
02-21-2009, 11:44 PM

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was a very grainy film, and it looks much better on Blu-ray. Simply because there's film grain present doesn't mean more resolution and contrast improvements can't be gained from an HD transfer.

Ash28M
02-21-2009, 11:50 PM

I'm not sure you know what HD means. It will make silent films look better.

KR~!
02-22-2009, 12:26 AM
The key is FILM.

rijir
02-22-2009, 01:14 AM
35mm film can render more detail that even Bluray can realize. The key word is "can" because it all depends on the original film stock.

I would love to see Alien in HD. But I don't just want an exact copy of the Quad release. That would be a rip off. They need to add a bunch of extras exclusive to Bluray for it to be worth it.

rijir
02-22-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure you know what HD means. It will make silent films look better.

What I am saying is that the film stock used on Aliens didn't produce a lot of detail. No matter what the resolution you won't see an increase in detail if it isn't there to begin with. The others films will look better. They could do some color correction and such on Aliens. But I doubt we will see much more detail.

Don't get me wrong I love Alien and Aliens. They need to make this one worth it and not just a flat out copy of the Quad release.

mlock
02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Not surprised to hear about this release, this year does mark the 30th anniversary of ALIEN after all. Marketing dept comes through once again! I too however am only interested in the first 2 films. But I doubt FOX will sell them individually until some time after the quad has hit the market. Of course I hope they prove me wrong.:)

Matt89
02-23-2009, 02:13 PM
What I am saying is that the film stock used on Aliens didn't produce a lot of detail. No matter what the resolution you won't see an increase in detail if it isn't there to begin with. The others films will look better. They could do some color correction and such on Aliens. But I doubt we will see much more detail.

Don't get me wrong I love Alien and Aliens. They need to make this one worth it and not just a flat out copy of the Quad release.

That's because it's DVD. The film stock used on Blade Runner lacked detail as well until, surprise surprise, it came out on blu-ray and HD-DVD. (Blade Runner is grainy too, but the color reproduction and detail is still there in abundance.) But really, how would you not see a difference in resolution? Sure some films have a lower resolution, but if it was shot on film stock, you'd be more than wrong to say that it won't look better on blu-ray than it would on DVD. Sure HD doesn't match the resolution of 35mm, but it's a hell of a difference over DVD. (And considering the average size of an HDTV is nowhere near the size of a theater screen, for its relative size, you're getting an image that very VERY closely matches that of 35mm film stock.)

Trust me, there'll be a difference between the DVD and blu-ray editions of Alien and Aliens. They were big-budget films and they were shot on good film stock with spherical lenses and Panavision cameras. They ARE capable of looking amazing. Shit, I expect Alien to look astounding on blu. Remember, the film underwent complete restoration back in 2003 when it was re-released as a Director's Cut. I have high hopes for these two films on blu.

And to be honest, I don't really care if it's a simple repackaging of the old Quadrilogy. Like really, what more could they add? It's such a complete set. Plus, I only paid $14.99 for it on sale just before Christmas. I have no problem double-dipping.

~Matt

Grim
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
The Alien Quadrilogy was the first thing I bought with the first check I got from my very first job. It has sentimental value so I think after I buy this I may still hold onto it. I really have no complaints about paying for a hi-def version of the same set. There's really not much more they could add, except for maybe input from David Fincher or plugs for like a new film.

Nailwraps
12-29-2009, 11:26 PM
In case you haven't heard, Sigourney Wearver recorded audio commentaries for the 4 films plus all new extras being made for the Blu-Ray releases! And now, somethin' sweet that must be noticed.:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3961

The 'Alien' tetralogy is still unannounced on Blu-ray, but one lucky person already has it at home - Sigourney Weaver has revealed that she just gave the discs to her 19-year-old daughter as a "surprise Christmas present." Previously, the New York-born actress had also said she had recorded new commentaries for all four movies (see blu-ray.com, December 10).

Harry Warden
12-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Cannot wait. This will be a must buy.

Katatonia
12-30-2009, 03:22 AM
This should be awesome. I salivate more and more every time I hear these new details about the set. Hopefully it will indeed be released sometime in 2010...come'on Fox!

Grim
12-30-2009, 04:12 AM
This is probably the best news of 2009 for me.

dave13
12-30-2009, 07:07 AM
as long as the censored footage from the Alien3 documentaries is restored, i'll be there day 1. hell, i'll be there day 1 anyway, but this is what im really looking forward to. i remember being pretty pissed when fox made that change so late in the game.

Nailwraps
02-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Big update!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4188

"A recent promotional Blu-ray flyer from 20th Century Fox prominently features H.R.Giger's creature jumping menacingly at the reader, atop the caption "Alien Anthology Coming to Blu-ray Christmas 2010." The specific use of the word "Anthology" raises the possibility that this BD collection could include not only the "Quadrilogy" movies, but also Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator Requiem."

crikan
02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
as long as the censored footage from the Alien3 documentaries is restored, i'll be there day 1. hell, i'll be there day 1 anyway, but this is what im really looking forward to. i remember being pretty pissed when fox made that change so late in the game.

Do you really think they would add that back in? That featurette was pretty toxic the way it was released. Easily the most shocking featurette I've ever seen. I'd pay a lot of money to see what was cut.

dave13
02-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Do you really think they would add that back in? That featurette was pretty toxic the way it was released. Easily the most shocking featurette I've ever seen. I'd pay a lot of money to see what was cut.

i've actually heard from a pretty good source that it will be. suffice to say, my hopes are officially raised. if this is anything other than a milestone blu ray release, i'll be seriously disappointed.

this is pure speculation, but wouldn't it be fantastic if fox were able to convince fincher to become involved? by coming completely clean about what a fucking mess the whole thing was, they might be able to engender some good will with him and get him onboard. stranger things have happened. i mean who would have expected warner bros to include commentary tracks by critics who didn't like the films on the matrix box? thats the kind of shit i live for.

killit
02-19-2010, 01:51 AM
I want the original 70mm soundmix for alien, way scarier! No word on this yet huh?

fceurich39
03-24-2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4339 click it or here it is

More Details of Alien Anthology Blu-ray Surface
Posted March 24, 2010 09:54 AM by Juan Calonge

German site Bluray-disc.de has received an advance review copy of Minority Report (which is distributed in Europe by 20th Century Fox) to find that it opens with a short teaser for the upcoming Blu-ray edition of the Alien Anthology. After the extended tagline "In space no one can hear you scream – but on Blu-ray they can," it is revealed that the Anthology will consist of the movies Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Additionally, according to the print edition of the UK movie magazine Empire, this release is being produced by Charles De Lauzirika, who is behind the BD releases of most of the movies directed by Sir Ridley Scott, including the monumental five-disc Blade Runner. De Lauzirika said that, while the Quadrilogy DVD was already very comprehensive, this Anthology Blu-ray set will blow it out of the water, with new extras and commentaries. Also, a new sound mix has been done for the extended edition of Alien 3, which involved bringing back some of the cast to reloop their dialogue.

Grim
03-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Fucking awesome.

fceurich39
03-25-2010, 01:25 AM
i hope they fix the workprint ending having the baby queen bursting through the chest like in the theatrical version also

Katatonia
03-25-2010, 02:15 AM
Sweet, I can't wait for this to be released!

MisterTwister
03-25-2010, 02:47 AM
i hope they fix the workprint ending having the baby queen bursting through the chest like in the theatrical version also

But that's the workprint ending though. There's nothing to fix.

HoldenMcNeil
03-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Just hearing all that new stuff they are doing to Alien 3 has got me super excited for this!

Sam
03-25-2010, 04:21 AM
Awesome! Hopefully Fox won't set a ridiculous MSRP like they often do or have in the past for catalog titles.

Stige
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
ust hope they have a region free blu ray....... remember there was a few additional features in the region 1 dvd quad set compared to the region 2

mlock
03-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Sorry I must be blind, I noticed the bluray.com update post was a couple days ago, but I didn't see a release date for the actual bluray quad set itself. :o I would've guessed third or fourth quarter this year?

Katatonia
04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
More awesomeness: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4395

The Limited Edition "alien-egg packaging" is for the polish release of the Blu-ray set, but that looks damn cool.

Nailwraps
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Coolest packaging I've seen this year! :D

Grim
04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
That is pretty sweet. Definitely my most anticipated release of 2010.

Katatonia
04-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Possible Trailer for the Blu-ray anthology appears (http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Possible_Alien_Anthology_Blu-ray_Trailer/6546)

Grim
07-15-2010, 01:57 PM
It's up for pre-order now.

http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray/dp/B001AQO3QA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1279195015&sr=8-1

Nailwraps
07-15-2010, 03:40 PM
SPECS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4881

"IGN has the scoop on the release date and details for the Alien Anthology, which will come out in the US on October 26. This six-disc set contains about 60 hours of special features and over 12,000 images, including material from the legendary early 1990s LaserDisc release, the "Legacy" release and the Quadrilogy DVDs. 20th Century Fox claims that the four Alien films have been "reinvigorated for an intense Blu-ray high-definition viewing experience."

New, previously unreleased content includes original screen tests of Sigourney Weaver prior to filming the original Alien, unseen deleted scenes, and the previously unseen original cut of "Wreckage and Rage: The Making of Alien3" (previously only available in truncated form).

This edition will incorporate the "MU-TH-UR Mode," an interactive feature that lets you access the special features on all six discs and provides an index of all available content.

The Anthology offers nearly five hours of additional video Enhancement Pods created exclusively for this collection, presenting behind-the-scenes footage, raw dailies and interview outtakes from all four films. At relevant points in the documentaries, you may access these pods to enhance your experience – or watch them on their own from the separate Enhancement Pod index.

As previously reported (see blu-ray.com, April 6), the Anthology will initially be available in a limited edition with alien-egg packaging.

Disc contents and special features include:

Disc One: Alien
1979 Theatrical Version
2003 Director's Cut with Ridley Scott Introduction
Audio commentaries:
Director Ridley Scott, writer Dan O'Bannon, executive producer Ronald Shusett, editor Terry Rawlings, and actors Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton and John Hurt
Ridley Scott (on theatrical cut only)
Final theatrical isolated score by Jerry Goldsmith
Composer's original isolated score by Jerry Goldsmith
Deleted and extended scenes
MU-TH-UR Mode interactive experience with Weyland-Yutani Datastream

Disc Two: Aliens
1986 Theatrical Version
1991 Special Edition with James Cameron introduction
Audio commentary by director James Cameron, producer Gale Anne Hurd, alien effects creator Stan Winston, visual effects supervisors Robert Skotak and Dennis Skotak, miniature effects supervisor Pat McClung, and actors Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, Jenette Goldstein, Carrie Henn and Christopher Henn
Final theatrical isolated score by James Horner
Composer's original isolated score by James Horner

Disc Three: Alien3
1992 Theatrical Version
2003 Special Edition (Restored Workprint Version)
Audio commentary by cinematographer Alex Thomson, B.S.C., editor Terry Rawlings, alien effects designers Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr., visual effects producer Richard Edlund, A.S.C., and actors Paul McGann and Lance Henriksen
Final theatrical isolated score by Elliot Goldenthal

Disc Four: Alien Resurrection
1997 Theatrical Version
2003 Special Edition with Jean-Pierre Jeunet introduction
Audio commentary by director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, editor Herve Schneid, A.C.E., alien effects creators Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr., visual effects supervisor Pitof, conceptual artist Sylvain Despretz, and actors Ron Perlman, Dominique Pinon and Leland Orser
Final theatrical isolated score by John Frizzell
MU-TH-UR Mode Interactive Experience with Weyland-Yutani Datastream

Disc Five: Making the Anthology
The Beast Within: Making Alien
Star Beast: Developing the Story
The Visualists: Direction and Design
Truckers in Space: Casting
Fear of the Unknown: Shepperton Studios, 1978
The Darkest Reaches: Nostromo and Alien Planet
The Eighth Passenger: Creature Design
Future Tense: Editing and Music
Outward Bound: Visual Effects
A Nightmare Fulfilled: Reaction to the Film
Enhancement Pods
Superior Firepower: Making Aliens
57 Years Later: Continuing the Story
Building Better Worlds: From Concept to Construction
Preparing for Battle: Casting and Characterization
This Time It's War: Pinewood Studios, 1985
The Risk Always Lives: Weapons and Action
Bug Hunt: Creature Design
Beauty and the Bitch: Power Loader vs. Queen Alien
Two Orphans: Sigourney Weaver and Carrie Henn
The Final Countdown: Music, Editing and Sound
The Power of Real Tech: Visual Effects
Aliens Unleashed: Reaction to the Film
Enhancement Pods
Wreckage and Rage: Making Alien3
Development Hell: Concluding the Story
Tales of the Wooden Planet: Vincent Ward's Vision
Stasis Interrupted: David Fincher's Vision
Xeno-Erotic: H.R. Giger's Redesign
The Color of Blood: Pinewood Studios, 1991
Adaptive Organism: Creature Design
The Downward Spiral: Creative Differences
Where the Sun Burns Cold: Fox Studios, L.A. 1992
Optical Fury: Visual Effects
Requiem for a Scream: Music, Editing and Sound
Post-Mortem: Reaction to the Film
Enhancement Pods
One Step Beyond: Making Alien Resurrection
From the Ashes: Reviving the Story
French Twist: Direction and Design
Under the Skin: Casting and Characterization
Death from Below: Fox Studios, Los Angeles, 1996
In the Zone: The Basketball Scene
Unnatural Mutation: Creature Design
Genetic Composition: Music
Virtual Aliens: Computer Generated Imagery
A Matter of Scale: Miniature Photography
Critical Juncture: Reaction to the Film
Enhancement Pods
MU-TH-UR Mode Interactive Experience to Access and Control Enhancement Pods

Disc Six: The Anthology Archives
Alien
Pre-Production
First Draft Screenplay by Dan O'Bannon
Ridleygrams: Original Thumbnails and Notes
Storyboard Archive
The Art of Alien: Conceptual Art Portfolio
Sigourney Weaver Screen Tests with Select Director Commentary
Cast Portrait Gallery
Production
The Chestbuster: Multi-Angle Sequence with Commentary
Video Graphics Gallery
Production Image Galleries
Continuity Polaroids
The Sets of Alien
H.R. Giger's Workshop Gallery
Post-Production and Aftermath
Additional Deleted Scenes
Image & Poster Galleries
Experience in Terror
Special Collector's Edition LaserDisc Archive
The Alien Legacy
American Cinematheque: Ridley Scott Q&A
Trailers & TV Spots
Aliens
Pre-Production
Original Treatment by James Cameron
Pre-Visualizations: Multi-Angle Videomatics with Commentary
Storyboard Archive
The Art of Aliens: Image Galleries
Cast Portrait Gallery
Production
Continuity Polaroids
Weapons and Vehicles
Stan Winston's Workshop
Colonial Marine Helmet Cameras
Video Graphics Gallery
Weyland-Yutani Inquest: Nostromo Dossiers
Deleted Scene: Burke Cocooned
Deleted Scene Montage
Image Galleries
Special Collector's Edition LaserDisc Archive
Main Title Exploration
Aliens: Ride at the Speed of Fright
Trailers & TV Spots
Alien3
Pre-Production
Storyboard Archive
The Art of Arceon
The Art of Fiorina
Production
Furnace Construction: Time-Lapse Sequence
EEV Bioscan: Multi-Angle Vignette with Commentary
A.D.I.'s Workshop
Visual Effects Gallery
Special Shoot: Promotional Photo Archive
Alien3 Advance Featurette
The Making of Alien3 Promotional Featurette
Trailers & TV Spots
Alien Resurrection
Pre-Production
First Draft Screenplay by Joss Whedon
Test Footage: A.D.I. Creature Shop with Commentary
Test Footage: Costumes, Hair and Makeup
Pre-Visualizations: Multi-Angle Rehearsals
Storyboard Archive
The Marc Caro Portfolio: Character Designs
The Art of Resurrection: Image Galleries
Production
A.D.I.'s Workshop
Visual Effects Gallery
Special Shoot: Promotional Photo Archive
HBO First Look: The Making of Alien Resurrection
Alien Resurrection Promotional Featurette
Trailers & TV Spots
Anthology
Two Versions of Alien Evolution
The Alien Saga
Patches and Logos Gallery
Aliens 3D Attraction Scripts and Gallery
Aliens in the Basement: The Bob Burns Collection
Parodies
Dark Horse Cover Gallery
Patches and Logos Gallery
MU-TH-UR Mode Interactive Experience"

SaxCatz
07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Despite my desire to possess this collection, its a tough sell to replace the Quadrilogy boxset with this one when the Amazon price approaches $100.

crikan
07-15-2010, 04:18 PM
I look forward to seeing the films in blu but I'm most excited about "the previously unseen original cut of "Wreckage and Rage: The Making of Alien3" ". I've waited and wanted for so long that I'd pay $100 just to see that.

Grim
07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah I'm sure the price will drop a little bit, but even if it doesn't, I'm still getting it.

Now let's see if I can sell off my Quadrilogy.

dave13
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
I look forward to seeing the films in blu but I'm most excited about "the previously unseen original cut of "Wreckage and Rage: The Making of Alien3" ". I've waited and wanted for so long that I'd pay $100 just to see that.

yeah, thats what i want most of all too...am i wrong, wasn't it called "wreckage and rape?" originally?

crikan
07-15-2010, 04:45 PM
yeah, thats what i want most of all too...am i wrong, wasn't it called "wreckage and rape?" originally?

You are correct. "Wreckage and Rape" is a title on the Alien 3 soundtrack as well.

Harry Warden
07-15-2010, 07:43 PM
OMG. Reading all about this Blu release has me salivating. If you own a Blu-ray player and don't consider buying this, you should be shot!! :fire: :lol: This is one of my most highly anticipated Blu releases. The limited edition egg packaging is too cool.

Stige
07-15-2010, 07:57 PM
wonder how much the egg form SE will cost...

Nailwraps
07-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Probably somewhere between 150-200 dollars.

Grim
07-15-2010, 08:59 PM
The egg set looks awesome (also is there any confirmation that we'll be getting that set in the States?), but I'll be satisfied with the regular set.

fceurich39
07-15-2010, 11:40 PM
well i guess i know what to ask santa for this X-MAS

RJ Fielder
07-16-2010, 12:59 AM

It seems they stilll toned down a few things, as far as the titles go anyway. The chapter called "The Downward Spiral: Creative Differences" was originally titled "The Downward Spiral: Fincher vs. Fox" for example. Hopefully the actual content itself is untouched at least.

Edit: Actually it seems we have nothing to worry about after all. From Digital Bits (http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents):

Not only is Wreckage and Rage: Making Alien≥ the uncut and restored version of the documentary - originally titled Wreckage and Rape - that was edited for the Alien Quadrilogy DVD release, an additional 30 minutes of ALL NEW material has been added to this documentary as well.

So uncut AND extended to boot. Nice!

dave13
07-16-2010, 01:16 AM
fantastic! i've been waiting for this since the quadrilogy dvd set was released...damn, thats a long time

Katatonia
07-16-2010, 02:21 AM
As long as fucking Fox doesn't pull a DNR-Predator stunt on this, it should be awesome.

My pre-order is in on Amazon. Still expensive, but I love these films.

dave13
07-16-2010, 04:28 AM
after reading the digital bits info, im seriously excited. just let the transfers be good...god damn let the transfers be good! looks like i should get what i can for my quadrilogy set as soon as possible.

rhett
07-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice set...could use a few more extras though.

Kolpitz
07-16-2010, 08:20 AM
As long as fucking Fox doesn't pull a DNR-Predator stunt on this, it should be awesome.

My pre-order is in on Amazon. Still expensive, but I love these films.

The transfers are all being supervised by the directors / cinematographers so I doubt they would allow that to happen. I know that Cameron was never happy with the look of Aliens but I doubt even he would endorse a DNR mess of a transfer.

crikan
07-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Nice set...could use a few more extras though.

Your kidding right? There's more than 5 hours worth of unreleased video on this set. This set now includes "about 60 hours of special features and over 12,000 images, including material from the legendary early 1990s LaserDisc release, the "Legacy" release and the Quadrilogy DVDs."

From blu-ray.com (http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4881)

New, previously unreleased content includes original screen tests of Sigourney Weaver prior to filming the original Alien, unseen deleted scenes, and the previously unseen original cut of "Wreckage and Rage: The Making of Alien3" (so far only available in truncated form).

The Anthology offers nearly five hours of additional video Enhancement Pods created exclusively for this collection, presenting behind-the-scenes footage, raw dailies and interview outtakes from all four films. At relevant points in the documentaries, you may access these pods to enhance your experience Ė or watch them on their own from the separate Enhancement Pod index.

Chomp
07-16-2010, 04:14 PM
So these are going to be new transfers? Is there a link that specifies that? Everything I’ve been reading has led to me believe that they’ll be using the masters from the “Quadrilogy”. The trailer for it even has the same introductions. Plus I don’t like the sound of “"reinvigorated for an intense Blu-ray high-definition viewing experience”. What the hell does that even mean?

It’s a little reassuring that the same guy in charge of the Blade Runner Blu (probably the best Blu Ray Disc currently on the market) is also working on this, but I am still a little skeptical. I’d love to preorder this, because it sounds like a great package, but I don’t want to spend that kind of money if the transfers are going to resemble that of the new Predator Blu. Especially when the Back to the Future Blu-Ray set is due out the same day. As well as Maniac Blu and Cannibal Girls. What an expensive day!

Chomp
07-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Fuck it, I preordered it. If I seen any screenshot comparisons like the first one we saw of Arnie in the Predator thread, Iím canceling this thing.

X-human
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Iíd love to preorder this, because it sounds like a great package, but I donít want to spend that kind of money if the transfers are going to resemble that of the new Predator Blu. Especially when the Back to the Future Blu-Ray set is due out the same day. As well as Maniac Blu and Cannibal Girls. What an expensive day!

Of everything being released that day, Back to the Future is the one I'd worry most about with the transfers. They screwed it up royally the first time 'round, and Universal has been the most consistent when it comes to making DNR fuck ups.

This is also the same day that Criterion's drop shipping even more titles, making it the most jam packed release date I've seen in years.

Nailwraps
07-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Trailer and more artwork is up!:

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/07/21/alien-anthology-blu-ray-details-artwork--1

bigdaddyhorse
07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Trailer and more artwork is up!:

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/07/21/alien-anthology-blu-ray-details-artwork--1

Man, I thought that amazon link for $99 was for the LE egg case and clicked as fast as I could, only to see it's the standard box.:(

They should move that link so it doesn't keep looking like the LE being offered.

burieddeep
07-22-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm really only interested in owning the first film on BD. Is Fox releasing the first one on a standalone disc? If not now, I'm sure at some point they will.

Chomp
07-22-2010, 06:41 PM
So wait...the US is getting a LE Edition with the egg packaging? Is there an Amazon link for that?... all I see is the regular standard.

bigdaddyhorse
07-23-2010, 01:56 AM
So wait...the US is getting a LE Edition with the egg packaging? Is there an Amazon link for that?... all I see is the regular standard.

I can't find it listed anywhere either, but it is mentioned on many dvd and BD sites and most have teh same picture from the link above. It says made by Sideshow Collectables but nothing about being exclusive to them.
Guess we'll have to wait and see. I think the egg looks too cool not to have, as long as it's somewhat reasonable. I won't drop over $200, no fucking way.

Grim
07-23-2010, 03:15 AM
Fuck yes. I don't care if it makes me flat broke, I'm owning this set.

I see that that link also mentions Rocky Horror Picture Show coming out on blu this year. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

aoiookami
07-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Man, it's tempting but I'm still on the fence with this one; this would count as the third time I've bought the entire series, maybe when its cheaper sometime down the line...

buck135
07-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Man, it's tempting but I'm still on the fence with this one; this would count as the third time I've bought the entire series, maybe when its cheaper sometime down the line...

I was wondering that as well. Damn Fox. VHS, Legacy DVD Set, Quadrilogy and now this. Question is, what happens when the prequel comes out?

killit
07-23-2010, 10:12 AM
I can't find it listed anywhere either, but it is mentioned on many dvd and BD sites and most have teh same picture from the link above. It says made by Sideshow Collectables but nothing about being exclusive to them.
Guess we'll have to wait and see. I think the egg looks too cool not to have, as long as it's somewhat reasonable. I won't drop over $200, no fucking way.

I've been searching for two weeks bigdaddy, here you go:http://www.alienanthology.com/ , in the last place I fucking looked! Pre-order is up 149.99! It won't cost you 200 but damn near it for us in California with our 9.75 or whatever tax. But I couldn't resist, I NEVER buy crap like this and will most likely sell it once the novelty wears off, but I MUST have it! hahha

Zombie Dude
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
This set looks epic. Don't think I'll be able to afford it yet though.

crikan
07-23-2010, 03:10 PM

See here, but this is a series that is worth owning the best version and unlike other franchises, this one has had a significant upgrade with each release. This doesn't appear to be a quick port of the Quadriligy DVD set which is what I expected. We vote with our dollars, so if you are a fan of this series and you are pleased that they added many hours of unseen content and improved the PQ (let's hope), then show Fox your appreciation. If not, wait until it's on sale. I only wish other films/franchises received the same treatment.

Chomp
07-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Awesome...I just canceled my Amazon pre-order and ordered the Egg Packaging set. It indeed looks awesome. Also if you sign up for their foxconnect.com thing you get $15 off + a free shipping option. Total was $134.99. Its still a little more than I'd like to spend, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

killit
07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Also forgot to mention, the special pre order price of 149 ends 7/25. So heads up

bigdaddyhorse
07-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Fuck, all I'm getting on the link for the egg is "page cannot be found", the standard link is fine. This better not fucking be sold out already, or I'ma have to kill some motherfuckers somewhere.

Fuck! I just remembered this is Fox we are dealing with, no fucking way can I pre-order from them as they do nothing but rip me off. Any mail in offer from them has never came (Simpsons season 6 box, one of those buy 3 or 4 and get one dvd free back in the day), they're lucky I'm not still boycotting them! I have to pray this is available elsewhere, I cannot trust Fox to order from them, no fucking way! They cashed my Simpsons check 6 years ago and never replied to one fucking email.

killit
07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Fuck, all I'm getting on the link for the egg is "page cannot be found", the standard link is fine. This better not fucking be sold out already, or I'ma have to kill some motherfuckers somewhere.

Fuck! I just remembered this is Fox we are dealing with, no fucking way can I pre-order from them as they do nothing but rip me off. Any mail in offer from them has never came (Simpsons season 6 box, one of those buy 3 or 4 and get one dvd free back in the day), they're lucky I'm not still boycotting them! I have to pray this is available elsewhere, I cannot trust Fox to order from them, no fucking way! They cashed my Simpsons check 6 years ago and never replied to one fucking email.

I'm sorry, that sucks, I'd say call em (I'll look for the number if you need it) but it sounds like you dont wanna do business with them. Who knows if it will officially be available anywhere else, there is certainly enough time!

Katatonia
07-24-2010, 02:52 AM
The egg is certainly tempting, but I just really don't want to spend an extra $40. Not to mention that I've gotten two defective Fox Blu-rays before (none from any other studio)...so I'd much rather just get it from Amazon where returns are simple.

killit
07-24-2010, 05:47 AM
Limited edition egg is back up in case y'all still want it.

buck135
07-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Sorry if this has been answered, but does the egg set have any additional material as far as content is concerned for the additional $40.00?

Zombie Dude
07-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry if this has been answered, but does the egg set have any additional material as far as content is concerned for the additional $40.00?

As far as I know you're just paying extra for the egg. The layout for the discs is a little different too as to fit it inside the egg sculpture.

buck135
07-24-2010, 04:23 PM
As far as I know you're just paying extra for the egg. The layout for the discs is a little different too as to fit it inside the egg sculpture.

I see. Thanks Zombie Dude.

Zombie Dude
07-25-2010, 02:39 AM
I see. Thanks Zombie Dude.

No problem. :)

Chomp
07-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Fuck! I just remembered this is Fox we are dealing with, no fucking way can I pre-order from them as they do nothing but rip me off. Any mail in offer from them has never came (Simpsons season 6 box, one of those buy 3 or 4 and get one dvd free back in the day), they're lucky I'm not still boycotting them! I have to pray this is available elsewhere, I cannot trust Fox to order from them, no fucking way!

Yea...I emailed them, a couple days ago, a simple question as to when it would be shipped (on the release date or before so it arrives on my doorstep on the release date). They didn't even dignify me with a simple reply back. I even stated in the email I had already pre-ordered it.

Little stuff like that really irks the shit out of me.

buck135
07-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Time for everyone to get off the fence regarding this...

And for those of you who may have worried that any of the films will suffer the same DNR-ed fate as the recent Predator Blu-ray, I've heard from multiple sources directly involved now that such fears are unnecessary. All four films have been given brand new HD transfers and the masters reportedly look fantastic. In fact, we've been told that when James Cameron viewed and approved the new Aliens master (Aliens being the most troublesome looking film of the series in the past quality-wise), he was VERY pleased with the results. We'll have more on this set in the days and weeks ahead.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa182.html#072610a

dave13
07-29-2010, 02:08 AM
***post removed - due to poster not paying attention when he posted it***

killit
07-29-2010, 03:08 AM
[QUOTE=dave13;647631

I dunno what this means for those on here who have preordered it.[/QUOTE]

That we will be getting a numbered edition, one of the 5,000 for the USA?

dave13
07-29-2010, 03:18 AM
sorry, my bad. i didn't see your post earlier, and after skimming the page saw lots of mentions of "preorder" and "amazon" in the same sentence.

killit
07-29-2010, 07:25 PM
ah. Did you buy the egg? I;m so fucking excited! I love that it lights up and glows and shit

Stige
07-29-2010, 07:57 PM
FOX so it will be region locked , but the egg is coming to Europe too I hope

killit
07-29-2010, 08:20 PM

it is, amazon.fr has copies. amazon.de is sold out :( good luck

Stige
07-29-2010, 10:29 PM
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/15844567/Alien-Anthology-Limited-Edition-Collector-Set-With-Illuminated-Egg-Statue/Product.html

playcom had it pricey but i can't resist

Zombie Dude
07-30-2010, 02:48 AM

The Predator disk was unlocked. :confused:

dave13
07-30-2010, 03:26 AM
ah. Did you buy the egg? I;m so fucking excited! I love that it lights up and glows and shit

not me, im afraid. it is pretty fucking bad ass, but its too much cash for me right now. by the time i could afford it, it probably won't be available anymore.

lv426
07-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Looks like Canada got left out, tried to preorder with no luck. :(

Stige
08-02-2010, 08:42 PM
sitting here chewing my knuckles....

I see the egg i preordered will be over 100 USD more than the regular box.........

this is with the taxes for import and such

Is it worth it for an incredibly cool figure that will just sit on my shelf. Help me make up my mind!!

buck135
08-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Help me make up my mind!!

I can't justify the cost, but that's just me. If it contained additional content (if that's even possible), then I would buy it.

killit
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
ok FOX is RETARDED (NO offense to retarded people) y'all were right..SO fn idiotic. So i'm moving oct first, we're talking months in advance. They have no way to change my address, "it's simply impossible" and since they are no longer offering coupon discounts I have to pay more to order the egg again. So basically I'm going to have to wait around til i get a "it's shipped email" and go stalk the UPS driver and my old address because UPS won't place the package for pickup (it has to be delivered first) and unfortunately my driver just leaves packages at the front door. so fucking stupid.

crikan
08-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Allow me to over-react for a moment. Aliens on Blu will be an unwatchable mess. It's been Predatorized. Game Over, Man. Game Over.

James Cameron Talks Aliens Blu-ray Remaster (http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5007)

The filmmaker said: "It's spectacular. We went in and completely de-noised it, de-grained it, up-rezzed, color-corrected every frame, and it looks amazing. It looks better that it looked in the theaters originally. Because it was shot on a high-speed negative that was a new negative that didn't pan out too well and got replaced the following year. So it's pretty grainy. We got rid of all the grain. It's sharper and clearer and more beautiful than it's ever looked. And we did that to the long version, to the 'director's cut' or the extended play."

Chomp
08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Well...here's hoping that along with Avatar's new 3D technology, Cameron also created some new digital restoration technology that removes film grain yet retains film detail and image clarity because this news made my heart sink.

And I was one of the people that didn't think the new Predator BD was that bad. It looked good in places, but when it looked bad, it looked extremely bad.

I'll still keep my pre-order, but I tell ya, this news has me itching to cancel. Hopefully there will be an early reliable review to help sway a decision.

CrimsonKing82
08-17-2010, 03:50 PM
I tried to order the egg the other week when it was first annouced, and sure enough Fox wont ship to a Canadian address. Amazon.ca and .com are only listing the blu-ray regular set at the moment. Does anyone know if the egg version will become available on either site closer to the release date?

If not...I hope Fox goes the usual route and DNR's the shit out of it! Enjoy your waxy looking Xenomorphs people!!!

(Sorry I just really want the damn egg version!)

x666x
08-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Allow me to over-react for a moment. Aliens on Blu will be an unwatchable mess. It's been Predatorized. Game Over, Man. Game Over.

James Cameron Talks Aliens Blu-ray Remaster (http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5007)

The filmmaker said: "It's spectacular. We went in and completely de-noised it, de-grained it, up-rezzed, color-corrected every frame, and it looks amazing. It looks better that it looked in the theaters originally. Because it was shot on a high-speed negative that was a new negative that didn't pan out too well and got replaced the following year. So it's pretty grainy. We got rid of all the grain. It's sharper and clearer and more beautiful than it's ever looked. And we did that to the long version, to the 'director's cut' or the extended play."

YES! I am going to love it.

CrimsonKing82
08-17-2010, 03:56 PM

First off - Predatorized :lol:

What happened to James Cameron seriously. F me. I can't wait for the reviews to come in and under video all that is stated is:

"To Quote Dutch: 'Your one Ugly Mother F#*@ER!!!'"

Next he is going to go and Lucas the whole thing. Get ready for 2012 with the re-release of Aliens rendered in shitty 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrimsonKing82
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM

You are a horrible horrible human being. I can't believe I have to share an office with you.

bigdaddyhorse
08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
It could be awesome. Some parts of that Predator mess were amazing looking, I'm hoping this gets it right and the whole thing is good. I trust Cameron doing it way more than some half-retarded interns at Fox, which is what I think Predator got.

Grim
08-17-2010, 04:29 PM

I'm not too worried. James Cameron is an egotistical control freak who would slaughter an entire preschool class before allowing any of his films to look like shit. If they did fix things up, I'm confident that it won't be overkill.

MorallySound
08-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm not too worried. James Cameron is an egotistical control freak who would slaughter an entire preschool class before allowing any of his films to look like shit. If they did fix things up, I'm confident that it won't be overkill.

I'm also not too worried as Aliens is my least-favorite of the franchise and I probably won't re-watch it that much. It just gets worse and worse for me after each viewing.

x666x
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
You are a horrible horrible human being. I can't believe I have to share an office with you.

Bask in my superior outlook on all matters.

Oh, and welcome to the site!

CrimsonKing82
08-17-2010, 06:15 PM

Piranha 2: The Spawning. Nuff Said. If he's going to go back tinker might as well start at the beginning with what needs it!

crikan
08-17-2010, 07:05 PM

I actually feel the same way. Predator was a troubled production plagued by inexperience. The Ultimate Hunter Edition looks terrible when images are grossly out of focus. Those flaws were once hidden by a massive amount of film grain. I feel confident that Aliens has much better camera work. I do like the look of film grain so I'm a bit disappointed but I am hopeful it won't be utter trash like the Predator UHE.

crikan
08-17-2010, 07:12 PM

People like you need to be rounded up and studied. We need to find a cure for this affliction before all films are ruined. /joking

x666x
08-17-2010, 08:27 PM
People like you need to be rounded up and studied. We need to find a cure for this affliction before all films are ruined. /joking

I like how you edited the post. Was there cursing in it originally?;)

Honestly, I wish I can get past the grain. I am not a revisionist, it's just a film characteristic that when there is too much, I can't get past it.

It's just like distortion in music, at one point, there can be so much that it distracts from the song, if not even drowns it out. Yet, I love punk, hardcore and metal.

CrimsonKing82
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!

CrimsonKing82
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM

Honestly, I wish I can get past the grain. I am not a revisionist, it's just a film characteristic that when there is too much, I can't get past it.

It's just like distortion in music, at one point, there can be so much that it distracts from the song, if not even drowns it out. Yet, I live punk, hardcore and metal.

This coming from the guy that says and I quote "I like stuff that is shot at 24P as it gives it a really cool film look" - AKA The FILM GRAIN!!!!

Man everytime I read a post like that and I end up having to watch Carl Weathers Waxy face in the Predator Ultimate editon, I just want to put my foot through the TV!:fire:

CrimsonKing82
08-17-2010, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=x666x;649725]Bask in my superior outlook on all matters.

QUOTE]

This coming from the guy who rocks out to Katy Perry everyday...next you will be talking up the Prom Night Remake Blu-ray release or something! :eek:

And you know you want to get your hands on the damn egg version as well. DNR or no DNR - admit it!!!!

crikan
08-18-2010, 03:03 PM

No cursing, just poor grammar. ;)

x666x
08-18-2010, 04:28 PM
This coming from the guy that says and I quote "I like stuff that is shot at 24P as it gives it a really cool film look" - AKA The FILM GRAIN!!!!

Man everytime I read a post like that and I end up having to watch Carl Weathers Waxy face in the Predator Ultimate editon, I just want to put my foot through the TV!:fire:

Nope. The 24p has a certain glow that film has. Just like if you try film look something in After Effects. And yes, SOME grain can be added.

x666x
08-18-2010, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=x666x;649725]Bask in my superior outlook on all matters.

QUOTE]

This coming from the guy who rocks out to Katy Perry everyday...next you will be talking up the Prom Night Remake Blu-ray release or something! :eek:

And you know you want to get your hands on the damn egg version as well. DNR or no DNR - admit it!!!!

Katy Perry is unfortunately part of the job. Haven't seen the Prom Night remake for obvious reasons. I bet you have, though.

Kolpitz
08-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Here's a slight update (but not necessarily a quality confirmation) from The Digital Bits:

As you might expect, all that talk of de-noising and de-graining has some fans freaked out that the release is going to suffer the same excessively DNR-ed fate as Fox's recent Predator: Ultimate Hunter Blu-ray. Here's the deal: Everyone we trust who was involved, and/or has actually SEEN the new Aliens HD master for Blu-ray, reports to us that the film looks terrific. To the degree that DNR was used, it was applied carefully and with a light hand, with an eye toward striking the proper balance between maintaining the detail and integrity of the image and the desire to reduce grain and address the deficiencies of the stock used at the time. There is apparently STILL grain left in the image, it's just no longer excessive or distracting. Plus, Cameron is no slouch when it comes to the presentation quality of his films on disc, and he approved this transfer and master. Look, there's a VERY big difference in digital mastering when the filmmakers are directly involved in the process, as opposed to when they're not. So we're told the disc looks great, we trust that it looks great and I'll personally work to directly confirm that. My own feeling is that Predator was probably an aberration. Fox has generally been doing very good mastering work for Blu-ray in the last year or so, and I suspect this is going to be a non-issue when we all get our hands on the Aliens disc. 'Nuff said for now.

This is somewhat reassuring but I remain skeptical until the discs start popping up for review.

KR~!
08-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Come people, relax, it's James Cameron! He is so anal when it comes to these things that he would never ever let them screw it up. And if it is a bit off, they left the original version untouched, so it's all good.

Katatonia
08-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I'm not really worried about it. If James Cameron is overseeing the finished transfer, I would be shocked if he let it get released screwed up. As long as DNR isn't applied 100% thick like it was on Predator, it shouldn't be a big issue.

DNR applied carefully and minimally isn't necessarilly always a bad thing. I've heard there was some minor DNR utilized on a few Blu-rays that I think look practically pristine (Casino, Flash Gordon, The Longest Day), and yet I can't even notice it.

Many people say the Blu-ray of The Thing looks great, and it had DNR applied (the HD-DVD transfer didn't) to reduce the grain.

Matt89
08-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not worried about it either. This is James Cameron, he wouldn't screw up the presentation of one of his most well-regarded films. It should look fantastic. Sci-fi/action films, I feel, are films that probably shouldn't have too much grain anyway. It gives the film a low-budget look, which is something you'd seriously want to avoid in both genres.

~Matt

x666x
08-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I have the Flash Gordon disc and I think it looks beautiful. If a pro grain member here can say the same thing about one of these discs, I think we will all be pleased and have nothing to worry about.

Unless if you are CrimsonKing82.

Kolpitz
08-19-2010, 05:41 PM
And if it is a bit off, they left the original version untouched, so it's all good.

Fox is using branching technology to fit both versions of each film onto one disc, so both transfers will be the same.

crikan
08-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Fox is using branching technology to fit both versions of each film onto one disc, so both transfers will be the same.

You are probably right but after reading the blu-ray.com article that sure doesn't sound like the case.

bigdaddyhorse
08-19-2010, 09:27 PM
The only thing that worries me now is that commercial I saw for Avatar Special Edition coming back to theaters late August/early September. While I'm sure Cameron is a workaholic, that sounds like a lot to craft the extended edition of Avatar while restoring Aliens all at the same time. Guess True Lies is eternally fucked...

crikan
08-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Guess True Lies is eternally fucked...

Does anyone else feel like True Lies is unfairly ignored. It's one of the best films featuring arguably the greatest action movie star, Arnold. So why is it not on Blu-ray when Red Heat and Raw Deal are? I get the feeling that it's being purposely ignored. Is it because of the Arab terrorists in the film? Is their another reason or am I completely off base?

bigdaddyhorse
08-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Does anyone else feel like True Lies is unfairly ignored. It's one of the best films featuring arguably the greatest action movie star, Arnold. So why is it not on Blu-ray when Red Heat and Raw Deal are? I get the feeling that it's being purposely ignored. Is it because of the Arab terrorists in the film? Is their another reason or am I completely off base?

No idea, but I'd welcome even a bare-bones blu-ray right now. My dreams of a SE like every other Cameron flick (sans Piranha 2) have long since died. Maybe it's something between Cam and Tom Arnold, for whom this film is still the biggest claim to fame.

dave13
08-20-2010, 01:17 AM

100% agree. i love true lies, and have been patiently waiting for it to get treated right for years now. and how about an anamorphic edition of the abyss?

Nailwraps
09-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Sneak peek at the new transfer for Aliens!:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=19151751&postcount=869

Kolpitz
09-07-2010, 08:26 PM

Wow! Those shots look great. Cameron said they "de-grained" the picture but it still looks grainy to me, with great detail and color. I know they're just screen shots but I think they've quelled my fears.

bigdaddyhorse
09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow, that scene in the egg room looks so much better on the BD, can't wait for my egg now!

crikan
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I see grain. Yea!

I've watched those DVDs a few times and never thought they looked that crappy. Actually, I always thought Aliens looked real good. hmmmm

The last screen-shot with Ripley fighting the Queen sure is blue. I wonder if there will be any scenes that bother me because the color is radically different than what I'm used to.

Anyone know if the person that posted these was purposely showing scenes that put the new transfer in the best light? We still don't know if there will be scenes where Apone looks like a baby seal.

Grim
09-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Yessssssssssssssss. No worries here.

Katatonia
09-08-2010, 02:00 AM

Wow, those look awesome beyond words!

See, we had nothing to worry about! God, the old DVD transfers look like SHIT now. :lol:

inkmachine
09-08-2010, 02:33 AM
wow I am amazed.......just wow

Katatonia
09-08-2010, 03:06 AM
I see grain. Yea!

I've watched those DVDs a few times and never thought they looked that crappy. Actually, I always thought Aliens looked real good. hmmmm.

It's probably because those screencaps taken from the DVD are upscaled to match the new HD screencaps in size comparison. The DVD's MPEG-2 compression also becomes far more apparent.

The last screen-shot with Ripley fighting the Queen sure is blue. I wonder if there will be any scenes that bother me because the color is radically different than what I'm used to.

The coloring looks way better to me, especially the skintones in the first few captures. The old DVD transfer just seems too reddish.

We still don't know if there will be scenes where Apone looks like a baby seal.

No, but from those samples it doesn't look like DNR was utilized all that much. The Predator Blu-ray had the DNR cranked up to maximum almost all the time, and is one of those rare instances where the fine detail was scrubbed along with the film grain.

Zombie Dude
09-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Those screen-shots look amazing. Too bad I can't afford this. :(

buck135
09-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Those screen-shots look amazing. Too bad I can't afford this. :(

Next year it will be 40 bucks.

Zombie Dude
09-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Next year it will be 40 bucks.

If that's the case I'll most likely pick it up then.

buck135
09-08-2010, 07:19 AM
If that's the case I'll most likely pick it up then.

That's what I'm waiting for. :)

Zombie Dude
09-08-2010, 07:21 AM
That's what I'm waiting for. :)

By the looks of things it'll be well worth the wait. :D

buck135
09-08-2010, 07:23 AM
By the looks of things it'll be well worth the wait. :D

Hell yeah. Here's another link.

http://hcc.techradar.com/playback/coming-soon/blu-ray-screenshot-gallery-alien-anthology-aliens-07-09-10

Grim
09-08-2010, 03:17 PM
You can see every crease and wrinkle in Lance Henriksen's rough mug. I'm impressed.

fceurich39
10-20-2010, 08:16 PM
some best buys have put these out early for 109.99 my store has six copies but they didnt put them out yet until 10/26 they're in the back also walmart stores is supposed to have this priced at 99.96

Grim
10-20-2010, 09:43 PM
some best buys have put these out early for 109.99 my store has six copies but they didnt put them out yet until 10/26 they're in the back also walmart stores is supposed to have this priced at 99.96

Screw that man. $94.99 on Amazon. No tax and free shipping. It's the way to go.

JGrendel
10-21-2010, 01:45 AM
I already ordered mine from Amazon.

Katatonia
10-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Screw that man. $94.99 on Amazon. No tax and free shipping. It's the way to go.

Yeah, I've had it on pre-order since the beginning from Amazon. Screw Best Buy and Wal-Mart. The less I have to deal with those two shitty stores, all the better! :)

crikan
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
I pre-ordered from Amazon the day it came available so I'm set.

What's with all the hate for Best Buy? I go there every Tuesday. They often have great sale prices. Sure, the selection of niche titles isn't as great as I would like, but what "brick n' motar" chain is better? My options in the Mid-West are limited.

Chomp
10-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I pre-ordered the set from FoxConnect and I hope I don’t have to wait 3 weeks for the thing to get here…. you know…while everybody’s enjoying their set, I have to look out my front window impatiently watching the mailbox for days on end. I dunno, I am so use to Amazon Prime’s impeccable delivery on either the release date or day after, that I find waiting any longer isn’t worth it. Even if the product costs a few bucks less somewhere else…Amazon’s customer service and shipping is second to none as far as I’m concerned.

Katatonia
10-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I pre-ordered the set from FoxConnect and I hope I don’t have to wait 3 weeks for the thing to get here…. you know…while everybody’s enjoying their set, I have to look out my front window impatiently watching the mailbox for days on end. I dunno, I am so use to Amazon Prime’s impeccable delivery on either the release date or day after, that I find waiting any longer isn’t worth it. Even if the product costs a few bucks less somewhere else…Amazon’s customer service and shipping is second to none as far as I’m concerned.

Here's the thing I really don't get: FoxConnect still lists the Limited Edition Egg set for sale. Wasn't this supposed to be strictly limited to 5,000 and predicted to sell out quite fast? It seems unlikely that it would still be around for grabs months later. I mean...this is Alien after all! :eek2:

Edit: The regular version of the set is down to $89.99 on Amazon now.

Stige
10-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Here's the thing I really don't get: FoxConnect still lists the Limited Edition Egg set for sale. Wasn't this supposed to be strictly limited to 5,000 and predicted to sell out quite fast? It seems unlikely that it would still be around for grabs months later. I mean...this is Alien after all! :eek2:

Edit: The regular version of the set is down to $89.99 on Amazon now.

thats why I cancelled my order from england where play STILL has the egg for sale, I ordered it more expensivly through the norwegian film club I am a member of.........according to them there will only be 150 eggs in Norway......sounds like a VERY small amount but who knows? didn't want to risk the email from PLAY saying "gosh sorry we can't deliver it anyway"

a question is there a new Sigourney Weaver commentary on each film , I seem to remember reading that a while back?

Buddusky
10-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Got my limited edition set delivered this morning. I was a bit disappointed with the egg as it feels a bit cheap considering it's over £50 more than the standard edition. Just gonna go and check the discs out now.

Grim
10-22-2010, 06:40 PM
The regular version of the set is down to $89.99 on Amazon now.

This further enforces my confusion at why anyone would go to Best Buy or Wal-Mart or any other online store for that matter.

CCF
10-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Cheapest i have seen so far & free shipping.
But its from the UK so if you got a region free player.....

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/15844542/Alien-Anthology-Box-Set/Product.html

Buddusky
10-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Cheapest i have seen so far & free shipping.
But its from the UK so if you got a region free player.....

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/15844542/Alien-Anthology-Box-Set/Product.html

The U.K. version is Region Free going by the back of the box.

Nailwraps
10-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Blu-Ray pics for first Alien!:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare2/alien.htm

dickieduvet
10-23-2010, 01:37 AM
Hopefully have this in the morning from HMV, Went for the standard version, Not liking the look of the egg :(

Katatonia
10-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Blu-Ray pics for first Alien!:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare2/alien.htm

Looks great!

My set shipped earlier from Amazon, so it'll be here on Tuesday. I literally can't wait to check these out in HD! :evil:

Nailwraps
10-23-2010, 01:31 PM
FIRST REVIEW IS IN!!!!!!!!:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviewshd/bdreviews102210.html

fceurich39
10-23-2010, 10:51 PM
best buy online price is 94.99 but u can price match it in store unless it changes by tuesday

Katatonia
10-25-2010, 03:04 AM
Multiple images of what the standard Blu-ray packaging looks like: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5333

Zombie Dude
10-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Multiple images of what the standard Blu-ray packaging looks like: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5333

That looks awesome. :banana:

Katatonia
10-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Review of the Anthology: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray/5090/#Review

crikan
10-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Review of the Anthology: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray/5090/#Review

!!!YES!!! It's awesome. What a relief.

TheDreamMaster
10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Gonna have to see if I can get this one as a Christmas gift. :D

burieddeep
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Just picked this up at newegg for $79.99...free shipping and no tax.

Matt89
10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
So I didn't actually plan on buying this today, since it was $119.99 at HMV, $109.99 at Future Shop, so I was like fuck it, I'll wait till Christmas. But, I happened to walk into Best Buy today and low and behold...$79.99! That sold me on the set. The packaging is beautiful, holy shit. This definitely has to be one of the best blu-ray releases this year. Possibly THE best.

~Matt

TheDreamMaster
10-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Shit, I almost paid 80 bucks for the DVD set the day after Christmas whenever it came out. :o

Franco
10-26-2010, 10:22 PM
It'll be around $30-$40 in an Amazon's sale some months ahead as tons of titles I've tracked in time since their release. Why to waste so much money just because it's new?

Patience.

Chomp
10-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Much to my surprise, my limited edition "egg packaging" came today. Its pretty cool I guess...its a lot bigger than I was expecting.

Just way too many awesome stuff this month...I wish I could watch all of these releases at once!

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6329/dscf3577s.jpg
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1049/dscf3578ep.jpg

Katatonia
10-27-2010, 02:24 AM
It'll be around $30-$40 in an Amazon's sale some months ahead as tons of titles I've tracked in time since their release. Why to waste so much money just because it's new?

Patience.

$30? I seriously doubt that happening anytime soon.

Perhaps some people actually want it right now and are more than willing to pay the price, ya think? I'm not poor, I can pay it without regrets or excuses.

Mitbox
10-27-2010, 04:51 AM
OMG that looks super awesome, but it was so expensive...don't make me regret being cheap. What else can you tell us about the limited packaging??

bigdaddyhorse
10-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Judging by the pictures of the standard packaging, the limited has different artwork for each "page" of the digipack. Same nasty disc holder slots though, I instantly hate these.

Grim
10-27-2010, 08:02 AM

Patience.

I highly doubt that. That Omen set that 20th Century Fox put out was still in the $60-80 range until only a few months ago and that is a far less lucrative franchise.

marcx
10-27-2010, 02:50 PM
My egg set arrived yesterday too--it was an anniversary gift from the misses! :) Hope to dig into it tonight....

crikan
10-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Patience.

That seems a bit low. I'd be surprised if you get it for less than $59 for the next 6 months. I'm happy to pay $95. It's a great set and Fox deserves the love. If we don't vote with our money, we can't expect to get more sets like this in the future.

springjack
10-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Shit, I almost paid 80 bucks for the DVD set the day after Christmas whenever it came out. :o

LOL, I paid 29? for the Alien Head dvd set the day it came out... NEW
________
Medical Marijuana Grow (http://growingmedicalmarijuana.org)

Katatonia
11-20-2010, 02:03 AM
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5481

French filmmaker Jean-Pierre Jeunet, director of Alien Resurrection, has revealed on his personal blog (http://www.jpjeunet-siteofficiel.com/blog/?p=321) that, unlike Ridley Scott for Alien and James Cameron for Aliens, he wasn't invited to supervise the remastering of his movie, included in the Alien Anthology (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray/5090/) Blu-ray. Jeunet has said that the BD of the fourth Alien installment has the picture quality of "a very mediocre DVD."

Jeunet sarcastically cites the tagline for the new box set: "On Blu-ray, everybody will hear you scream" only to add: "They got that right - scream with rage!"

On the other hand, Jeunet did supervise the remaster for the Blu-ray release of his first film, Delicatessen (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Delicatessen-Blu-ray/13229/). He said that most of the sequences have been "de-grained," removing almost all the grain. He explains that there is some grain left "on some shots filmed on 400 ASA stock, and that would become too soft if we de-grained them more. The colors are like we had always wanted, and the result is, albeit imperfect, amazing if we compare it with what we were working from."

The City of Lost Children (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-City-of-Lost-Children-Blu-ray/18047/) is expected to come out on Blu-ray this year, released by StudioCanal.

The French always whine. :lol:

Hellbilly
12-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Did my eyes just deceive me or did they fix the Lance Henriksen shot in Aliens for the Blu-ray? The one where he is ripped in two pieces and holding on to Newt.
I didn't notice the flub shot revealing Henriksen body sticking out of a hole in the floor anymore.

SaxCatz
12-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Did my eyes just deceive me or did they fix the Lance Henriksen shot in Aliens for the Blu-ray? The one where he is ripped in two pieces and holding on to Newt.
I didn't notice the flub shot revealing Henriksen body sticking out of a hole in the floor anymore.

Your eyes did not deceive you... they did fix the shot. It's been confirmed over at AVS.

Hellbilly
01-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Your eyes did not deceive you... they did fix the shot. It's been confirmed over at AVS.

Ahhh thanks. Felt like I was the only person who noticed that.

Fistfuck
01-02-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5481

The French always whine. :lol:

He has nothing to worry about: nobody will be watching Alien: Resurrection anyway.

Kolpitz
01-02-2011, 03:47 PM
He has nothing to worry about: nobody will be watching Alien: Resurrection anyway.

Not true. I happen to like ALIEN: RESURRECTION. It's definitely the weakest of the four but I still dig it.

crikan
01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Not true. I happen to like ALIEN: RESURRECTION. It's definitely the weakest of the four but I still dig it.

ALIEN: RESURRECTION has its faults but I really enjoy it. It's much better than ALIEN 3.

Kolpitz
01-03-2011, 08:08 PM
ALIEN: RESURRECTION has its faults but I really enjoy it. It's much better than ALIEN 3.

I love ALIEN 3 (especially the extended cut) and find it superior to RESURRECTION. I just like RESURRECTION, unlike most people.

dave13
01-03-2011, 09:27 PM
haven't picked up the blu ray set yet, but i remember when i first bought the quadrilogy set, the one i watched the most was resurrection, simply because it was the one i had seen the least.

maybrick
05-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I bought the first film on blu-ray today at Target for $20. It's the only one out of the series that I think is worth owning, honestly. I certainly don't need any of the others in my collection. ALIENS is just so formulaic that I simply cannot stand to watch it anymore. ALIEN 3 is better than 2, but it's nothing ground breaking and the early CGI work on the dog alien sure didn't look good then, I can only imagine what it looks like now. And Resurrection? I'm okay with it, but I'm really trying to keep my blu-ray purchases strictly to the essentials or, at bare minimum, things that I don't already own on DVD. :)

maybrick
05-24-2011, 10:04 PM
btw, which one do you think I should watch tonight: the '79 theatrical version or the '03 director's cut?

buck135
05-24-2011, 10:49 PM
btw, which one do you think I should watch tonight: the '79 theatrical version or the '03 director's cut?

I prefer the '79 theatrical cut. That's the one that Ridley Scott prefers as well. It's just paced better. I agree with your sentiments about wanting to keep your collection to just the basics, however the extras on this set are in my opinion better than the films themselves (except for Alien of course). The documentaries are all interesting and run about two hours for each film. I was in my glory for about a week after picking it up. I also agree with you about Aliens, however you need to see how it looks now. I recommend picking up the Anthology if the price is right even if you aren't a die hard fanatic. By the way, Alien is reference quality. You will be pleased.

maybrick
05-24-2011, 11:02 PM
I prefer the '79 theatrical cut. That's the one that Ridley Scott prefers as well. It's just paced better.

That's what I thought after watching the extended cut of Aliens when it was first released to DVD. It just dragged and dragged and it only helped to permanently ruin my appreciation for the film and it's director.

buck135
05-24-2011, 11:11 PM
It just dragged and dragged and it only helped to permanently ruin my appreciation for the film and it's director.

I am in complete agreement with you. I'm not a James Cameron fan at all. I will say though that Aliens has never looked better. The best part of this release regarding Aliens is the deleted scene with Burke cocooned. Too bad that wasn't in HD and put back into the film.

dave13
05-25-2011, 02:25 AM
That's what I thought after watching the extended cut of Aliens when it was first released to DVD. It just dragged and dragged and it only helped to permanently ruin my appreciation for the film and it's director.

yeah, the extended cut of Aliens is a waste of time. the theatrical cut is infinitely better. after watching it again a few months back, for the first time in years, i was impressed with how good it was. i really love the theatrical cut of Aliens.

Grim
05-25-2011, 02:50 AM
yeah, the extended cut of Aliens is a waste of time. the theatrical cut is infinitely better. after watching it again a few months back, for the first time in years, i was impressed with how good it was. i really love the theatrical cut of Aliens.

I'm the complete opposite. I guess because by the time I was old enough to buy my own VHS tapes or had my own television that I could have control of what channel I was watching (probably 93-94ish), the extended version was the more prominent one shown, so that's what I grew up with and learned to love. When I see the theatrical I feel like I'm missing shit, especially the scene where Ripley finds out her daughter is dead, which really hits home the extreme situation of being basically frozen for 57 years that she's in, which really is just kind of glossed over in a sentence or two in the theatrical version.

Zombie Dude
05-25-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm really pumped to get my hands on the new blu set. It looks fantastic and now it at a fairly reasonable price.

Any negatives I should know about before grabbing this?

buck135
05-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Any negatives I should know about before grabbing this?

Absolutely not. I paid full price for this set when it just came out and I feel as though it was a bargain. Each disc is full of outstanding features. It doesn't contain one of the audio tracks from the legacy Alien release or a few documentaries from Image's Alien Saga release many years back. Otherwise it has everything that was ever released and more.

Zombie Dude
05-25-2011, 04:13 AM
Absolutely not. I paid full price for this set when it just came out and I feel as though it was a bargain. Each disc is full of outstanding features. It doesn't contain one of the audio tracks from the legacy Alien release or a few documentaries from Image's Alien Saga release many years back. Otherwise it has everything that was ever released and more.

Good to know. Well if it's anything like the dvd version it's going to take quite some time to get through all the features.

Is the packaging practical? I know the US version has it set out like a book which is far more appealing than a fold out package. I have heard people complain about the way the discs a housed.

buck135
05-25-2011, 04:27 AM
Good to know. Well if it's anything like the dvd version it's going to take quite some time to get through all the features.

Is the packaging practical? I know the US version has it set out like a book which is far more appealing than a fold out package. I have heard people complain about the way the discs a housed.

It took me a week just to get through the films and their extras. I forgot about the packaging. Yes, it's horrible. I removed the discs and put them in a separate case. If they were DVD's, they'd be scratched to shit if you were to take them out/put them back. The packaging is nice yes, but not practical.

Zombie Dude
05-25-2011, 04:45 AM
It took me a week just to get through the films and their extras. I forgot about the packaging. Yes, it's horrible. I removed the discs and put them in a separate case. If they were DVD's, they'd be scratched to shit if you were to take them out/put them back. The packaging is nice yes, but not practical.

Wow, now that's what you call extras :lol:

That's a shame about the packaging. It looks nice from what I've seen. I mainly like that they ditched the foldout scheme. It does seem a bit poor of quality of Fox's behalf to pack them in cardboard slits though. If only they would have kept the plastic clip cases that they attach to packages like that eg. the previous dvd set, but instead of a fold out package keep it a book.

buck135
05-25-2011, 04:56 AM
Wow, now that's what you call extras :lol:

That's a shame about the packaging. It looks nice from what I've seen. I mainly like that they ditched the foldout scheme. It does seem a bit poor of quality of Fox's behalf to pack them in cardboard slits though. If only they would have kept the plastic clip cases that they attach to packages like that eg. the previous dvd set, but instead of a fold out package keep it a book.

I agree. The Quadrilogy's packaging was fine. The other drawback to the packaging is you need to remove the "book" which houses the discs from an outer shell. I'm just splitting hairs here, but I challenge anyone to be able to remove the book from it's shell in under a minute. It's an extremely tight fit.

Zombie Dude
05-25-2011, 05:02 AM
I agree. The Quadrilogy's packaging was fine. The other drawback to the packaging is you need to remove the "book" which houses the discs from an outer shell. I'm just splitting hairs here, but I challenge anyone to be able to remove the book from it's shell in under a minute. It's an extremely tight fit.

:lol: It's funny you say that because I've heard that too. A tight fit is good imo but I think they should have incorporated a way to pull the thing out. I also hear that the shiny finish of the package is a little annoying as it gets finger prints all over it quite easily.

Grim
05-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Meh, the packaging doesn't bother me. As long as you don't handle blu-rays like drink coasters than you'll be fine.

JGrendel
05-25-2011, 05:30 AM

I think I got it down to 45 seconds lol

buck135
05-25-2011, 05:31 AM
I also hear that the shiny finish of the package is a little annoying as it gets finger prints all over it quite easily.

That is true as well. I'm partial to the Watchmen Ultimate Cut packaging. All in all, it doesn't detract from the content. The Alien box set is easily my favorite blu-ray release by far. Even more so than the first four seasons of the Twilight Zone which I'd run into my house if it were burning to grab.

JGrendel
05-25-2011, 05:37 AM
That is true as well. I'm partial to the Watchmen Ultimate Cut packaging. All in all, it doesn't detract from the content. The Alien box set is easily my favorite blu-ray release by far. Even more so than the first four seasons of the Twilight Zone which I'd run into my house if it were burning to grab.

I don't know I think I'd be begging to fire fighters to save the whole collection or to let me go back in for another armful.

dave13
05-25-2011, 05:50 AM
I don't know I think I'd be begging to fire fighters to save the whole collection or to let me go back in for another armful.

jesus, i know. i've thought about that before, myself. there are my important documents, birth certificates, passports, etc. there are irreplaceable personal items like our wedding album. but when i think about my house being on fire, the first thing i think of is: "my criterion collection!!" does that make me a bad person?

Zombie Dude
05-25-2011, 06:00 AM
Meh, the packaging doesn't bother me. As long as you don't handle blu-rays like drink coasters than you'll be fine.
Good to know. Not sure if it'll bother me yet.
From what I've seen Alien looks like one of the best bluray sets available atm. I'm really looking forward to getting it. It'll probably be the best box set I own next to Nightmare on Elm Street.
jesus, i know. i've thought about that before, myself. there are my important documents, birth certificates, passports, etc. there are irreplaceable personal items like our wedding album. but when i think about my house being on fire, the first thing i think of is: "my criterion collection!!" does that make me a bad person?

:lol: Funny you say that. I've thought the exact same thing as well. I'd definitely be running in to save my collection.

JGrendel
05-25-2011, 06:10 AM

No Dave it doesn't. (Swears Dave into the brotherhood) You are one of us Brother Dave, who love our collections more than anything else lol.

Demoni
05-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Alien Anthology on steelbook...

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/30899713/Alien-Anthology-Play-com-Exclusive-Steelbook-Edition/Product.html?searchstring=alien&searchsource=0&searchtype=BLU&urlrefer=search&strefer=BLU&searchfilters=s{alien}%2bc{600}%2b

elDomenechHDG
05-10-2012, 02:04 PM

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/30899713/Alien-Anthology-Play-com-Exclusive-Steelbook-Edition/Product.html?searchstring=alien&searchsource=0&searchtype=BLU&urlrefer=search&strefer=BLU&searchfilters=s{alien}%2bc{600}%2b

Is there an actual link I can click on?

Zombie Dude
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Is there an actual link I can click on? I don't have the energy to type that address in.

Copy and paste? It's not that hard.

elDomenechHDG
05-10-2012, 02:48 PM

Fosters. Oystrailen for Bia.

Zombie Dude
05-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I know how to get on the internet but that's the extent of my computer proficiency. You can't assume everybody's a technophile :)

I thought that was computer basics. You know now :)

Ash28M
05-10-2012, 06:13 PM

Wait, slow down. Is that right click and then Copy or left?

dave13
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Is there an actual link I can click on? I don't have the energy to type that address in.

:lol:
priceless!

dave13
05-10-2012, 08:13 PM

the artwork is nice, but i much prefer the original cardboard book package. i thought that was a thing of beauty.

Zombie Dude
05-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Wait, slow down. Is that right click and then Copy or left?

With over 5000 posts I assume you're taking the piss ;)

The Alien steelbook looks good but is it only a Play.com exclusive?

Shannafey
05-25-2012, 04:15 PM
This doesn't look like it has any special features at all! The set with features is cheaper. As a matter of fact, just the Blu-Ray set of the movies is 10 pounds. The steel book is cool, but without the ton of special features on the original set, it isn't worth it.

shift
05-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Just picked up the boxset for $29.99 on sale