PDA

View Full Version : Let the right one in - blu-ray audio question

Odin
02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know if this will have the original swedish audio (the US release)? I know it has english dubbing...but not quite sure if it has the swedish audio as well?

SaviniFan
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
According to Amazon it doesn't include an English dub on the blu-ray (thank God). Cut and paste the following from the specs:

# Language: Swedish
# Subtitles: English, Spanish

geeare
02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
i don't know why they woulkd release a Blu-ray without the original soundtrack. that would just be rediculous.

bigdaddyhorse
02-27-2009, 11:39 PM
i don't know why they woulkd release a Blu-ray without the original soundtrack. that would just be rediculous.

It's probably gonna happen when AB gets around to the Argento and Fulci catalogs. They seem to have a serious problem with subtitles, I can't think of any AB disc with subs.
That's the one thing I've always hated most about them, is no original Italian on those dvds, and no subs on anything. Way more annoying than the 30 releases of Evil Dead and Halloween.

Odin
02-28-2009, 02:20 AM
According to Amazon it doesn't include an English dub on the blu-ray (thank God). Cut and paste the following from the specs:

# Language: Swedish
# Subtitles: English, Spanish

it does say it includes a dub on amazon.com
Format: AC-3, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen

Reverenddave
02-28-2009, 05:01 AM
According to the specs at Netflix the regular DVD has both English and Swedish audio. I assume the Blu-Ray will have the same.

Subtitles:
English, Spanish
Closed Captioned

Language and Sound:
English: Dolby Digital 5.1
Swedish: Dolby Digital 5.1

Grim
02-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Italian horror I don't English dubbings for. There are so many different languages going on during the productions that no dubbing is perfect. Like Deep Red, English audio-half the casts' mouths don't match, with the Italian, they sound natural, but that's obviously not David Hemmings' voice. Most of the lead actors in Argento and Fulci's films (the ones I like at least) are speaking english so I'll stick with the English.

That said, this was filmed in Swedish, so I'll take the Swedish.

Matt89
02-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Italian horror I don't English dubbings for. There are so many different languages going on during the productions that no dubbing is perfect. Like Deep Red, English audio-half the casts' mouths don't match, with the Italian, they sound natural, but that's obviously not David Hemmings' voice. Most of the lead actors in Argento and Fulci's films (the ones I like at least) are speaking english so I'll stick with the English.

That said, this was filmed in Swedish, so I'll take the Swedish.

Yeah I was gonna say, with Fulci and Argento, his English-speaking actors speak English and the Italian-speaking actors speak Italian. Then the movie is dubbed afterwards with separate English and Italian audio tracks. That's why whichever dubbing you watch, only half the actors' voices will perfectly match the dubbing.

~Matt

indiephantom
02-28-2009, 03:46 PM
It's true. The Italians didn't record dialogue on location in those days. Probably liberated the camera crews immensely.

Odin
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
According to the specs at Netflix the regular DVD has both English and Swedish audio. I assume the Blu-Ray will have the same.

Subtitles:
English, Spanish
Closed Captioned

Language and Sound:

Thanks. I was gonna pre-order this, and didn't want to end up with no swedish audio lol :p

Katatonia
03-10-2009, 02:02 AM

Subtitles:
English, Spanish
Closed Captioned

Language and Sound:

Yes, the Blu-ray will include both audio tracks also, both in DTS 5.1 Master Audio.

Mine should arrive by UPS soon! :evil:

neversummer
03-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Bought this on the weekend and yes it does have the original audio, english subs and the english dub. Special Features are sparse.

sgtpeppers
03-26-2009, 04:17 AM
I'd wait on ordering this. The subtitles are incorrect and a new version is going to be released.