PDA

View Full Version : My Bloody Valentine 3D on Blu-Ray May 19th

fceurich39
02-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring the horror remake 'My Bloody Valentine 3D' to Blu-ray on May 19th, day-and-date with the DVD release. The title will include both the 2D and 3D versions of the film and 3D glasses. Technical specs have not been announced at this time, but you can expect 1080p AVC video accompanied by a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Special features have not been announced at this time.

atleast the blu-ray version will have both the 2D and 3D so you won't have to double dip

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2448

fceurich39
03-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Patrick Lussier's My Bloody Valentine 3D, which arrives at retailers on May 19th. And yes, it'll be in 3-D.

The 3D remake of the classic horror film My Bloody Valentine slashes its way into stores in a Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray Disc as well as a standard definition DVD this May from Lionsgate. A terrifying tale about a small town that faces horrifying consequences on the anniversary of a deadly tragedy, My Bloody Valentine 3D was praised by horror critics as "The best 3D horror film ever made" (CHUD.com).

The Special Edition DVD includes both the 2D and 3D versions of the film with bonus materials including audio commentary, two featurettes - "Deep Inside My Bloody Valentine" a behind the scenes look at the making of the film and "Sex, Blood and Screams" - the make-up FX from the film, deleted scenes and a gag reel.. It will come with four pairs of 3D glasses enclosed in the DVD.

My Bloody Valentine 3D on Blu-ray Disc contains both 2D and 3D versions, four pairs of 3D glasses plus all of the special features and a digital copy of the film. The standard DVD will feature both the 3D and 2D widescreen versions of the film and will come with four pairs of 3D glasses.

Ten years ago in the town of Harmony, an inexperienced coal miner caused an accident that trapped and killed five men and sent the only survivor, Harry Warden, into a coma. When Harry woke, exactly one year later on Valentine's Day, he wanted revenge and brutally murdered 22 people with a pickaxe before being killed himself. Now, after years of peace, something from Harmony's dark past has returned. Wearing a miner's mask and armed with a pickaxe, an unstoppable killer is on the loose. As his footsteps come ever closer, the townspeople realize in terror that it just might be Harry Warden who has found his way back.

Pricing: DVD $29.95 (2D and 3D w/four pairs of 3D glasses)
Pricing: DVD $34.98 (Special Edition 2D and 3D w/ four pairs of 3D glasses)
Pricing: BLU-RAY $39.99 (2D and 3D w/ four pairs of 3D glasses and digital copy

and i can't wait

COVER ART LINK
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9731

othervoice1
03-03-2009, 05:04 AM
Good news-Blu Ray with 3-D and 2-D and it has a digital copy too- I will be picking this up

Mutilated Prey
03-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Awesome, I'm so on the Blu. I hope my glasses from the theater will work. I wonder what kinda glasses come with it. Probably same dark tint, but instead of hard plastic maybe more like that thin stuff the red and blue glasses have.

mlock
03-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Awesome, I'm so on the Blu. I hope my glasses from the theater will work. I wonder what kinda glasses come with it. Probably same dark tint, but instead of hard plastic maybe more like that thin stuff the red and blue glasses have.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering that as well. It would be awesome if the theatrical glasses work, but I have a feeling that the "REAL-D" format is exclusive to digital movie theater projectors. Either way, I too will pick this up. However, I'm going to wait till after it gets released, and buy a previously viewed blu ray copy from Blockbuster for $19.99 as opposed to 40 bucks. Assuming they order a bunch of rental copies, everything will come to he who waits!:D

dickieduvet
03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Let's hope it's region free, Lionsgate seem pretty much hit and miss with their coding, Fingers crossed.

Harry Warden
03-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Let's hope it's region free, Lionsgate seem pretty much hit and miss with their coding, Fingers crossed.

Don't care much about the 3D-not a big fan of 3D movies in general, but I will be buying the 2 disc SE DVD. I really liked this remake. Does anyone else think that the suggested retail prices for these are a little high????

fceurich39
03-12-2009, 06:39 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15561/

says it will be the best 3D available on dvds which is pink/green glasses i guess i am pretty excited

For those of you asking about the 3-D glasses that are to come with the DVD and Blu-ray release of My Bloody Valentine on May 19, here's your explanation. A Lionsgate rep e-mails us this explanation, "Neither red and blue nor grey polarized. It will be anaglyph which is the red and blue style but it is not the same quality as people think when talking about the traditional "red and blue". The lenses have been updated and improved... and are the best technology available now. The lenses are more green and pink to be exact," adding, "it's the state of the art in anaglyph technology from TrioScopics."

MorallySound
03-12-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15561/

says it will be the best 3D available on dvds which is pink/green glasses i guess i am pretty excited

For those of you asking about the 3-D glasses that are to come with the DVD and Blu-ray release of My Bloody Valentine on May 19, here's your explanation. A Lionsgate rep e-mails us this explanation, "Neither red and blue nor grey polarized. It will be anaglyph which is the red and blue style but it is not the same quality as people think when talking about the traditional "red and blue". The lenses have been updated and improved... and are the best technology available now. The lenses are more green and pink to be exact," adding, "it's the state of the art in anaglyph technology from TrioScopics."

The release of Journey to the Center of the Earth 3-D used the same pink and green anaglyph glasses. It's only slightly better than red and blue, but not by leaps and bounds. Still no where near what stereoscopic 3-D or REAL-D can accomplish.

fceurich39
03-12-2009, 09:39 PM
The release of Journey to the Center of the Earth 3-D used the same pink and green anaglyph glasses. It's only slightly better than red and blue, but not by leaps and bounds. Still no where near what stereoscopic 3-D or REAL-D can accomplish.

yep at least it should look better than the recent friday the 13th part 3 dvd of course that movie came out in 1982

fceurich39
05-03-2009, 12:52 AM
here is 3 links to pics of the blu-ray and dvd in 3d not sure if it is the blu-ray or dvd version

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8241/mybloodyvalentine3d0001.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/6471/mybloodyvalentine3d.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5487/3d00012.jpg

spawningblue
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Here's a review. Sounds like the 3-D version isn't that great.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2158/mybloodyvalentine2009.html

fceurich39
05-05-2009, 07:39 PM
so the red/blue means the system of 3D right because the screenshots i provided were green/pink 3D

gunner
05-20-2009, 12:41 AM
I was only going to rent this, but today there the blu-ray was, staring at me at Wal-Mart for $24.99...I couldn't resist. I haven't watched it yet, but the glasses are a little different then norm, a pink/greenish color. I sure hope this is a good thing. I was hoping for theater-like clear lenses. But oh well. I just hope it isn't as headache-inducing as Friday 3 & Freddys Dead dvds.
Also, What's this "digital copy" crap? Just a dvd?

Mutilated Prey
05-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Let us know how you think the 3-D compares to how choice it was in theater!

rhett
05-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Heh, interesting development with the pink/green colors. State of the art improvement, suuure, but I'd imagine that's an anti-piracy measure to make sure people shell out for the real copy rather than just downloading it and using an old set of the standard glasses.

gunner
05-20-2009, 01:23 AM
The glasses look to be made by the same manufacturer as the ones Parmount had made for Friday 3, perforated lines, heat sealed mylar envelope and all. So as faintly tinted as the lenses are, maybe you have to wear all 4 pairs!!
I'll post my opinions on the 3-D tonight. I never got to see it in the theater to be able to compare, but if it's good, it's good. If anything, it'll be a taste of what to expect on Friday 3's upcoming blu-ray!!

f.ramses
05-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Just got a confirmation that my Momitsu BDP-899 has been shipped so I might order this from Amazon tonight! I remember a while back I was talking about a VHS tape (The Mask) I got that was going to be the first 3D movie I ever saw, who knows, maybe this will be the first 3D movie I ever see where the 3D effect actually works...

gunner
05-20-2009, 07:25 AM
I just watched some of the movie. The movie itself is better than expected so far. The 3-D works well even with only one pair of glasses! Didn't even try 2 yet. I kept closing one eye at a time looking for bleed-through, it happened but a quick lift of the glasses reset my eyes and it was gone. The pink/green colors are an improvement, giving the film a mint green glow kinda like your watching "Twilight", but your not, so it's all good. It all goes down better and smoother than the deep purple hue the red/blue system puts off...it looks like a movie, not a novelty. I was quite impressed overall. I'm sure it's not as good as it was in the theater, but it's pretty impressive for not having to use an electronic field sequential system. I'm sure the improved resolution of blu-ray helps a bit as well. Bring on Friday 3!! Maybe that release will use something different? We'll see.

rxfiend
05-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Review of the blu-ray:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4379&show=review