PDA

View Full Version : Fav Creepshow Story (The REAL poll thread)

Peter Vincent
11-30-2001, 08:51 PM
*This is the one I want U guys to vote on....

Hey gals & ghouls! Saw Creepshow a couple of dayz ago with some pals & I meant to put this up sooner, but I forgot (I'm gettin' my *ss kicked around at work).

Anywayz....

After we saw the movie everyone started discussing their fav story from the movie. So I figured, why not ask U horror heads! So tell me which story most apealled to U and why! Also if U wanna mention the worst one, speak your mind too. My choices:

Best: Father's Day

Worst (which everyone in my house agreed with): The Lonesome Death Of Jordy Verrill

Hellbilly
11-30-2001, 09:24 PM
My favorite is Something To Tide You Over. I thought that Leslie Nielsen was quiet sadistic in that episode...and it's always a pleasure to watch Ted Danson holding his breath :D :D :D

Paff
11-30-2001, 09:44 PM
With the exception of Ed Harris (with hair!) disco dancing, Father's Day is my favorite as well.

My least favorite is They're Creeping Up on You, which seems awfully rushed to me

AceRimRat
11-30-2001, 11:35 PM
I want to vote for both Father's Day and the Crate!

Whaaaaa! :(

I voted for Father's Day. But it was a tough call. I think Father's Day was the best all-around one, but I thought the Crate was just delightful.

Plus I got a warm spot in my heart for the Crate, since I went to Carnegie Mellon, where part of it was filmed. (And other parts of the movie.)

Still, the ending to Father's Day absolutely rocks.

rhett
12-01-2001, 12:45 AM
Father's Day is easily a cut above the rest, but I will throw in a curveball vote for Jordy Verrill. I thought it was pretty damn funny, and it was short and sweet. I really didn't care for the Crate that much though, it just went on WAYYY too long! Had it been trimmed I would have liked it much more. Still, all the shorts are awesome though. It would have been cool if you added the three from Creepshow 2, as I probably would have voted for The Raft, but no worries!

Good poll!

MISFITZ
12-04-2001, 05:15 PM
GAWD!!! Creepshow is like ...shit, i dunno, probably in my TOP 5 list of HORROR movies!! I truly love that film!!! Voting was very hard!! But finally I dropped "They're Creeping Up on..."

Mainly cuz it was just nasty! A damn thread on my shirt made me jump while watching this segment! Not to mention, to this day, I still have a problem eating a bowl of Raisin Brand! They look like roaches those raisins!! YUCK!!!

But also HellbillyDeluxe, slammed it home with his comments on "Tide You..."! Neilson was just AWESOME in that segment!! Just a dick head!!!

Father's day and the crate are also just fantastic! Both have great plots and totally follow the EC comics theme!!

The "lonesome death" is great too. The humor in it made it feel a bit off, but still totally up to par with EC Comics.

Not to mention, this was a horror film that was 2 hours long!!! You don't get that shit anymore!!!!

If I could vote for all of them I would......