PDA

View Full Version : My Wanted blu-ray stopped working

Grim
03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Everything else plays fine in my PS3, even other Universal titles that came out around the same time. It just doesn't do anything now. Odd.

Fistfuck
03-19-2009, 03:42 AM
No big loss?

Grim
03-19-2009, 04:10 AM
No big loss?

Well to each his own on the quality of the film, I'm just confused as to why it's not working anymore, when every other blu-ray I have still does.

Matt89
03-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Hmmm....that's really retarded. Well at least you know it's just the disc and not your player. Gotta be honest, the PS3 is the best DVD player I've ever had. There was always a little glitch on my DVD of Titanic. It's when Kathy Bates says "God Almighty" when they're sitting in the lifeboat watching the ship sink. Right before the scene cuts, there's a slight pause (I guess cuz it's dual-layered) but yeah, the only DVD player where that doesn't happen is my PS3. It's now just a smooth cut.

~Matt

Grim
03-19-2009, 04:36 AM
Hmmm....that's really retarded. Well at least you know it's just the disc and not your player. Gotta be honest, the PS3 is the best DVD player I've ever had. There was always a little glitch on my DVD of Titanic. It's when Kathy Bates says "God Almighty" when they're sitting in the lifeboat watching the ship sink. Right before the scene cuts, there's a slight pause (I guess cuz it's dual-layered) but yeah, the only DVD player where that doesn't happen is my PS3. It's now just a smooth cut.

~Matt

Yeah. I'm going to bring it over my friend's house tomorrow and see if the disc is just fucked or it's just not compatible, which would seem odd considering it worked the first few times I played it.

Spitfire
03-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Everything else plays fine in my PS3, even other Universal titles that came out around the same time. It just doesn't do anything now. Odd.

Have you updated your system?

You may want to install the latest update, just in case?

If it's the disc . . . then maybe cleaning the disc might help. Could have gotten scratched. I've found that those circular spinner type cleaners work really well.

I would also look at your settings and see if something was modified. I had a hard time playing blu-ray movies once and realized that one of my settings had to be adjusted; after that they worked perfectly.

Grim
03-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Have you updated your system?

You may want to install the latest update, just in case?

If it's the disc . . . then maybe cleaning the disc might help. Could have gotten scratched. I've found that those circular spinner type cleaners work really well.

I would also look at your settings and see if something was modified. I had a hard time playing blu-ray movies once and realized that one of my settings had to be adjusted; after that they worked perfectly.

My system is up to date. In fact, the settings are the same the first few times I played it. The disc is in immaculate condition too. Haha, very strange indeed.

HoldenMcNeil
03-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I have actually had this problem before, except with A Clockwork Orange. I wiped it with one of those static charged cloths used to clean musical instruments and other metals and now it works fine.

spawningblue
03-19-2009, 04:23 PM

It takes a lot for a Blu Ray to get scratched, especially to the point where it won't work. There is a video on YouTube (I can't seem to find it right now though) where they scratch it with steel wool, a knife, ect. and it still works. It took them burning it to make it not work.

Grim
03-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Odd. Tried it today and it played fine. Damn confounded electronic thingamabobs!

Matt89
03-19-2009, 08:58 PM
That's fucked.

~Matt

X-human
03-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I have actually had this problem before, except with A Clockwork Orange. I wiped it with one of those static charged cloths used to clean musical instruments and other metals and now it works fine.

Huh, wouldn't have thought that'd affect a Blu-ray disc as I've never had such a problem with a DVD.

Glad it's working again Grim, but I'd have to take Fistfuck's side on the issue. ;) Normally "Angelina Jolie + Action Genre = Blind Buy" but I watched the Blu-ray at someone else's house first and I'm glad I saved myself the purchase.