PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th 2009 Blu-ray Artwork

geeare
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
IMO it's horrible but alot of people like it.

http://images.blu-ray.com/htgallery/16307_full.jpg

I would rather see this pic on the cover personally:

http://lancelfc.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/friday-the-13th-2009-20080728023714218_640w.jpg

rhett
04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, that cover looks pretty cheap, and the mask looks tapered enough to be from Jason Goes to Hell. I always found the cleaner masks to be more frightening anyway (like the ones used for the A New Beginning and The Final Chapter covers).

fceurich39
04-16-2009, 04:33 PM
i still hope the the 15 minute extended alternate version and the theatrical version are still going to be on the dvd and blu-ray

Grim
04-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Ugh. This cover does indeed blow, but I'll be buying it anyway. Count me in as another who still hopes we're getting that extended cut.

Queen B
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Those are scans of the UK cover art. A US release date has yet to be revealed (though June 16th seems likely), as well as any specs or shots of the cover art (which I'm sure will be different). We should be getting an official announcement any day now...

vampyr789
04-16-2009, 11:22 PM
i'll buy it but that those covers need to be better. hopefully the special edition will sport that cover posted above

thrashard76
04-16-2009, 11:53 PM
The theatrical poster should have been used no doubt. Still, I can't wait to get this and the Last House remake.

geeare
04-17-2009, 12:22 AM
haha, just looking at this cover again, I can't believe how bad it is. who comes up with this sh!t?

KR~!
04-17-2009, 12:25 AM
LOL, that is pretty funny!

urgh

wago70
04-17-2009, 12:34 AM
There's that same (non) color scheme again (remakes, re-issues of older films...).

SickNick89
04-17-2009, 05:43 AM
That's the art for the uk release actually. I work at a suncoast and we got in pre- order/reserve artwork for the new Friday and the artwork on those were the final poster full body shot of Jason.

dave13
04-17-2009, 07:29 AM
yeah, thats some really bad art. no artistry at all. and yes, i know that jason's ever-changing face is messed up, but the fact that his eyes dont line up AT ALL just looks silly.

captain_brandon
04-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Yeah, that cover looks pretty cheap, and the mask looks tapered enough to be from Jason Goes to Hell. I always found the cleaner masks to be more frightening anyway (like the ones used for the A New Beginning and The Final Chapter covers).

Yeah, for some reason as well, I always found the Part 3 and Final Chapter masks that were made form the same mold, as well as Roy the pseudo-Jason's in Part V, the most frightening as well. After that the masks always had to have that "aged" look in what I take it was trying to mimic th over the rainy evening weathering of The Final Chapter's look, and to me it just enver truely sit straight with me. But alas to each they're own.

Gotta say dispite some liking this, I'm very glad that the North American release in our region is gonna be a lot nicer looking. The original poster is right in that the teaser image would have been awesome, but hey, I'm picking it up the first week anyhow, so it doesn't matter to me.

geeare
04-17-2009, 05:28 PM
There's that same (non) color scheme again (remakes, re-issues of older films...).

this doesn't look anything like the new re-issues of the older friday films. I can understand your statement about "re-makes" but re-issues are the really horrible ones.

yeah, thats some really bad art. no artistry at all. and yes, i know that jason's ever-changing face is messed up, but the fact that his eyes dont line up AT ALL just looks silly.

his eyes were never suppose to line up so the movies that have them lined up are wrong.

http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/multimedia/pictures/part1/bts1_savinijason2.jpg

anyway still a horrible cover. This would be badass as well.

http://geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2008/12/2008-12-05-friday_the_13th_poster.jpg

spawningblue
04-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Count me in as the only one that doesn't mind those covers. Could have been a lot worse. Could have a lot better as well though.

Mutilated Prey
04-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Ooo, I like that Welcome to Crystal Lake poster.

SickNick89
04-17-2009, 06:38 PM
this doesn't look anything like the new re-issues of the older friday films. I can understand your statement about "re-makes" but re-issues are the really horrible ones.

his eyes were never suppose to line up so the movies that have them lined up are wrong.

http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/multimedia/pictures/part1/bts1_savinijason2.jpg

anyway still a horrible cover. This would be badass as well.

http://geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2008/12/2008-12-05-friday_the_13th_poster.jpg

like i said in my previous post, that poster is most likely going to be the cover art for the US release as the the closeup of Jason's face is for the UK DVD and Blu Ray.

fattyjoe37
04-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Anyone else think it's not as scary when slashers (Jason, Michael, etc.) have their eyes visible through their masks?

Wez4555
04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
i agree. i always thought Jason was creeper when you where looking into nothing.

spawningblue
04-17-2009, 07:28 PM
i agree. i always thought Jason was creeper when you where looking into nothing.

Yeah me too.

inkmachine
04-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Personally, I think the cover should feature those excellent ALL NATURAL big tits that chick had in the movie. I couldn't believe my eyes when they showed up on screen....I mean...since Salma Hayek in Frida, when was the last time you actually saw REAL NATURAL boobs on screen???

Oh wait...this is a DVD about Friday the 13th...sorry, got side tracked for a minute LOL

spawningblue
04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Personally, I think the cover should feature those excellent ALL NATURAL big tits that chick had in the movie. I couldn't believe my eyes when they showed up on screen....I mean...since Salma Hayek in Frida, when was the last time you actually saw REAL NATURAL boobs on screen???

Oh wait...this is a DVD about Friday the 13th...sorry, got side tracked for a minute LOL

:lol:

fceurich39
04-17-2009, 09:44 PM
official specs for a region 1 release date
Platinum Dunes' Friday the 13th is going to street on DVD and Blu-Ray on June 16th. Here's a look at the artwork for both editions and the specs!

The standard DVD will simply include the theatrical version. The "Killer Cut" DVD will include an extended edition as well as the featurette The Rebirth of Jason Voorhees. The Blu-Ray boasts both cuts as the aforementioned featurette and the Blu-Ray exclusives: Terror Trivia Track, Hacking Back/Slashing Forward and The 7 Best Kills.

i am sad the dvd won't have both versions but atleast the blu-ray will so i'll be getting that
click the link for artwork

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10243

dave13
04-17-2009, 10:12 PM
his eyes were never suppose to line up so the movies that have them lined up are wrong.[/IMG]

if you read my statement you'll notice that i did say that his face was supposed to be out of whack. what i meant was that, whether its technically correct or not, it just LOOKS stupid. i've never been a fan of seeing jasons eyes through the holes. its MUCH more effective if they're hidden in shadow.

KR~!
04-18-2009, 01:10 AM

please a pic so that we can all bask.. erm.. enjoy.. I mean discuss crappy dvd cover stuff. yes?

Grim
04-18-2009, 02:19 AM
I really hope that blu-ray case is just a slip cover and the artwork under it is the same as the DVD. I just toss out the slips anyway.

geeare
04-18-2009, 04:43 AM
i actually put all my cases in storage tso the cover doesn't mean much to me either but this cover is just plain horrible.

Bobbywoodhogan
04-18-2009, 11:17 AM
I really like that cover actually. Pissed off Jason is cool.

Zombie Dude
04-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Covers:
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/nextraimages/killercut-friday1.jpg

bigdaddyhorse
04-22-2009, 06:37 PM

With perfect nipple placement!:lol::lol::lol:

After seeing that last post, the cover in the first (and probably Blu-ray cover from the presser) wouldn't be so bad if the eye wasn't there, or was just looking anywhere but up like it is.

Agree fully with seeing the eyes = far less scary, and that close-up cover almost looks like a joke, like Jason is giving someone the "come hither" eye, or trying to. Either that or a "bitch, is you crazy" peak up from reading a magazine. Like the poster better, want extended cut with more perfect nipple placement!:D

indiephantom
04-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Is it really going to be a killer cut?

thrashard76
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM
The DVD cover is way better than the Bluray one.

chrishicks
04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
The Blu-Ray looks to have a slipcover so hopefully the actual case cover art will be the same.

fceurich39
05-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Some more nice bells and whistles planned for the Friday The 13th (2009) Blu-Ray Disc:

Warner Home Video has unveiled further specs for ‘Friday the 13th,’ which will slash its way to Blu-ray this June with even more bloody BD-Live-exclusive content.

Though the studio recently confirmed an already-impressive gaggle of bonus features for the June 16 Blu-ray release, they’ve now issued a press release that promises even more BD-Live content.

As previously reported, Jason’s latest exploits will receive the BD-50 dual-layer treatment with 1080p/VC-1 video (2.39:1) and English Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround track. The disc will contain both the R-rated and never-before-seen “Killer Cut” versions of the film available via seamless branching.

Extras include the “Explore the Rebirth of Jason Voorhees” featurette and additional “slashed” scenes, as well as Blu-ray exclusives including a “Terror Trivia” picture-in-picture track with pop-up trivia, and two additional featurettes (”Hacking Back/Slashing Forward,” “The 7 Best Kills”).

Just-announced BD-Live content includes “My Commentary” function to record your own track and share it with other ‘Friday’ fans, the ability to join in a “Live Community Screening,” and a downloadable sneak peek at the upcoming Blu-ray release of ‘Trick ‘r Treat.’

Finally, included on a second disc will be a Digital Copy of both the extended and rated versions of the film, compatible with PCs and iTunes.

Suggested retail price for the Blu-ray has been set at $35.98.

geeare
05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
record your own commentary? has this been done with any other blu release yet? that's pretty cool I must say, altho i will not use it, haha.

fceurich39
05-05-2009, 04:11 PM
back cover artwork is up

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/friday-the-13th5.html?page=2

Grim
05-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Considering that the extended version has the same exact R-rating as the theatrical cut, I suspect that we're not going to get any extra gore. Oh well, I'm still interested in what the added footage is and if it blows, I'll always have the theatrical cut on the same disc.

zombi3
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Considering that the extended version has the same exact R-rating as the theatrical cut, I suspect that we're not going to get any extra gore. Oh well, I'm still interested in what the added footage is and if it blows, I'll always have the theatrical cut on the same disc.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I hope they didn't just add in 9 minutes worth of bullshit. There was enough of that to begin with.

fceurich39
05-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too. I hope they didn't just add in 9 minutes worth of bullshit. There was enough of that to begin with.

i rmember reading awhile there is supposed to be alternate kills or something

MorallySound
05-08-2009, 02:42 AM

It does look like they added more nudity though. If you look at the contents defining the R-rating on the back:

Theatrical Cut: Strong bloody violence, some graphic sexual content, language, and drug material.

Extended Cut: Strong bloody violence, some graphic sexual content, nudity, language, and drug material.

Still, I highly doubt I'll be checking out the Killer Cut because the remake was a steaming pile of crap.

Grim
06-05-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16400

Apparently the "Killer Cut" is fucking two hours long. If this is true, let's hope it's not all complete bullshit scenes.

vampyr789
06-05-2009, 11:39 PM
apparently this is the list of added scenes from fridaythe13thfilms.com

the bear trap/burning sleeping bag scene is longer
you see Jason sharpening his machete after finding Clayís backpack
Whitney escapes, makes it all the way to the house where everyone else is, is about to bang on the window where Bree & Trent are banging but Jason catches her before she can.
Aaron Yoo death is much more graphic
Trent & Bree sex scene is longer
Trentís death is much more graphic
When Clay & Jenna are running from the house they find Lawrences body floating in the hot tub, then they find Chelseaís body in the woods. You also see glimpes of Jasonís face as a child and as an adult.

Grim
06-06-2009, 12:22 AM
apparently this is the list of added scenes from fridaythe13thfilms.com

the bear trap/burning sleeping bag scene is longer
you see Jason sharpening his machete after finding Clay’s backpack
Whitney escapes, makes it all the way to the house where everyone else is, is about to bang on the window where Bree & Trent are banging but Jason catches her before she can.
Aaron Yoo death is much more graphic
Trent & Bree sex scene is longer
Trent’s death is much more graphic
When Clay & Jenna are running from the house they find Lawrences body floating in the hot tub, then they find Chelsea’s body in the woods. You also see glimpes of Jason’s face as a child and as an adult.

Nice! They all sound like worth additions. Then again, they did get that info from someone on the imdb boards, which I don't think any self-respecting journalist, blogger, webmaster, etc. should go by.

And about the 122 minute runtime, I checked the back of the blu-ray case on Amazon and it says 106 minutes for the extended cut. I'm guessing Bloody-disgusting has just been fucking up.

spawningblue
06-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Nice! They all sound like worth additions. Then again, they did get that info from someone on the imdb boards, which I don't think any self-respecting journalist, blogger, webmaster, etc. should go by.

And about the 122 minute runtime, I checked the back of the blu-ray case on Amazon and it says 106 minutes for the extended cut. I'm guessing Bloody-disgusting has just been fucking up.

Yeah 10 extra mins. seems a lot more reasonable then 25 mins.

grodd
06-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah 10 extra mins. seems a lot more reasonable then 25 mins.

I just got my copy today. Its 9 extra minutes long.
Funny that the digital copy only lasts 1 year.

rxfiend
06-10-2009, 11:49 PM
I just got my copy today. Its 9 extra minutes long.
Funny that the digital copy only lasts 1 year.

That's not correct. The code lasts a year, but once you put the digital copy on your computer or portable device, you have it for as long as you want. And besides, I've put digital copies on my computer passed the expiration date and the code still worked.

grodd
06-11-2009, 12:48 AM
That's not correct. The code lasts a year, but once you put the digital copy on your computer or portable device, you have it for as long as you want. And besides, I've put digital copies on my computer passed the expiration date and the code still worked.

Ah thanks for the details

Grim
06-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Just got finished watching the extended cut and it is a definite improvement. Don't let the R-Rating on it fool you, there's definitely a lot more gore in some of the deaths. Trent's death got ten times more awesome and I don't know how they were able to get an R again after putting that stuff back in. The sex scenes are longer. The added escape sequence was cool. Also, a couple instances of Clay and Jenna discovering the dead bodies of their friends and Whitney finding the pile of bodies during her escape were very reminiscent of the earlier entries. Still, if you didn't enjoy the theatrical version, you more than likely won't enjoy this, but if you were borderline like/dislike, then the extended cut might push you over to the like side and if you enjoyed the theatrical version, then this will only make things better.

Bobbywoodhogan
06-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I have a question if u get a digital copy on the blu ray disc do u need a blu ray player on ur pc to get the content off?

Grim
06-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I have a question if u get a digital copy on the blu ray disc do u need a blu ray player on ur pc to get the content off?

No the digital copy is a separate disc and it's just a regular CD, so just pop it in your computer and enjoy!

rxfiend
06-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Actually it's a DVD, not a CD. ;)

Bobbywoodhogan
06-20-2009, 04:49 PM
No the digital copy is a separate disc and it's just a regular CD, so just pop it in your computer and enjoy!

Thanks mate :D

geeare
06-20-2009, 11:56 PM
I loved the extended cut for one simple reason...

when I first saw the trailer for this film I thought it was really cool that they showed Jason sharpening his machete on that stone wheel but when I saw the movie in the theatre it wasn't in the film. That scene is in the extended cut and it's cool as hell, IMO. I realize that most of the extra stuff comes from the "escape" and I son't think the film needed that. It actually is kinda stupid because somehow Jason drags her back to his lair and gets back to the shed in no time flat. The kills are pretty over the top now as well, very enjoyable.

Wez4555
06-23-2009, 09:41 PM
finally saw this (EC). wow, i was disappointed. not terrible by any means, but i was hoping for more. i liked how the beginning worked (before the f13th title came up). over all 7/10.

blu
06-25-2009, 12:11 AM
I was very impressed with the Killer Cut version and the Blu-ray itself. This movie was a ton of fun IMO. I hope Paramount puts out parts 4-8 soon. I also want Jason X from New Line. Got FvJ on preorder, can't wait for that too!

HoldenMcNeil
06-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Watching this on blu-ray was actually pretty damn awesome. While the film itself isn't all that great and I still love it for some of the brutal horror set pieces. Plus cranking up the dolby true hd sound makes it that much more awesome.

Mutilated Prey
06-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Just watched the Blu of this as well, and like other have already said it is a nice improvement to the theatrical release. More gore for sure which is always a plus :D

Bobbywoodhogan
06-29-2009, 11:11 AM
I really liked the extended cut but I'm not sure how much I preferred it to the original cut.

There was alot more gore in this version that's for sure. Trents Death was better more bloody etc, and so was Aaron Yoos. I do wish we'd have seen that hick guy get his head cut off though I was disapointed by that and that geeky guy in the opening parts death was still off-screen. I don't really know how I felt about the escape but it was great to see the machette sharpening moment. I also like that we got to see young Jason in the opening.

I love the film but I don't know if the extended cut was any better than the theatrical one.