PDA

View Full Version : Jagged picture on my HD tv

Horrorphilly
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Guy I just got the AWE release of NYC Ripper and some of the features look jagged.Ive never noticed this with my other dvds.I have a Sharp Arquos and a Oppo dvd player.Anyone experience this before? and know how I can rectify it?

Thank you
sean

CrazyFatEthel
04-24-2009, 02:57 AM
Thats weird, never had that happen to me!

MorallySound
04-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Could be the way those features are compressed on the DVD. Have you tried it on any other TVs? Also, are you watching it on an upconverting player? If so, it may be that the compression that those features are encoded at may not handle well with the upconversion.

bigdaddyhorse
04-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Only time I ever saw this was converting PAL signals from cheap R2 discs (the U.K. equals of Diamond or Platinum in the states), although those were more pixalated than jagged.

Ash28M
04-26-2009, 06:26 PM
I have seen that issue before with a player and especially with features that switch from a film source to video. I can't recall if it only happened with PAL discs. Check your DVD player options your DVD option there may be video or film mode that will help.

Odin
04-30-2009, 02:13 PM
sounds strange...how is the picture on different tv's...i know oppo dvd players are very good