PDA

View Full Version : Plague Town Blu-Ray

Reverenddave
05-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Anyone picking up the Plague Town blu-ray? The reviews look good. Amazon's got it for $18.

BLU-RAY REVIEW
http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s2900town.html

DVD REVIEWS
http://www.mondo-digital.com/plaguetown.html
http://www.avmaniacs.com/review.php?id=781

fceurich39
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
may get it if i can find it either on dvd or blu-ray in stores probaly dvd will be easier to find

othervoice1
05-06-2009, 03:47 AM
I havent heard of this movie before- but reading the dvdtalk review has me curious now

othervoice1
05-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Wow on Amazon the blu-ray is 2 bucks cheaper than the standard dvd- go figure!

Reverenddave
05-06-2009, 05:07 AM
Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMv6Kysi3q0

I ordered it with the Dog Soldiers Blu-Ray ($12.99) for $30.98 shipped.

fceurich39
05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
i really liked the trailer i sure hope some store will get it in stock this tuesday i hate ordering online

thrashard76
05-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Decent trailer....looks promising.

fceurich39
05-20-2009, 03:21 PM
it was pretty good except for it starts off very slow and story wise didn't explain too much

ReelFear
05-26-2009, 04:18 AM
didnt see the Blu-Ray, but as for the DVD...

There are some creepy parts and some good gore. I liked the simplicity, but the ending was a bit of a letdown. I recommend seeing Plague Town, but I wish I rented it instead of the blind buy for 20 bucks!

Katatonia
05-26-2009, 07:12 AM
There are some creepy parts and some good gore. I liked the simplicity, but the ending was a bit of a letdown. I recommend seeing Plague Town, but I wish I rented it instead of the blind buy for 20 bucks!

Agreed. I found it quite effective...but the ending somewhat sucked. Still, I'd probably pick up the Blu-ray if I found it cheap in the future.

Erick H.
05-26-2009, 08:37 AM
I had a chance to see it theatrically in it's short run (double billed with THE SINFUL DWARF ) but sadly a friends Uncle passed away and I ended up attending a funeral the day of the screening.Gotta keep your priorities straight.I'll rent the disc.

othervoice1
06-07-2009, 05:40 AM
I watched this on blu-ray tonight- At first I thought it would be awful because the dialogue and acting was bad and the characters unlikeable- all of them. But as it went on it had some genuine creepy moments, decent gore and an interesting premise. Unfortunately that premise ended up not really going much anywhere and it had a so-so at best ending. Id give it 2.5 outta 5 stars and thought it was well worth the rental.

msw7
06-07-2009, 06:00 AM
I really didn't like this movie - it did have a few creepy visuals and gory moments, but (as mentioned) the awful dialogue and acting, and unlikeable characters really sunk it for me.

I'm glad I saw it through netflix, but didn't think it was even worth the rental.

(2 out of 5 stars is generous)

marcx
06-23-2009, 05:14 PM
SAw this one via netflix the other night--Firmly in the category of a good rental-no need to own. Some creepy parts and gore as mentioned, but the story and finale could have used some felshing out..Glad I saw it, and glad I didn'y buy it :)

blu
06-24-2009, 11:13 PM
I recently picked up the Blu-ray. IMO, it's an okay film despite some bad acting. PQ was pretty bad but I knew it would be going in. Still I don't regret my purchase. Worth a rental.

Mutilated Prey
04-15-2011, 04:03 AM
I think it's all been said pretty much about this flick - it's got the creepy atmosphere and images, decent gore and originality going for it. Yes, the characters and their dialog leave more to be desired, but overall I thought this was a decent movie and quite worth the watch. However, I think the quality of the DVD is pretty bad, or maybe it's just overall production values. The lighting seems off a lot, and adds more grain than necessary because of it. The only stupid thing about the ending is that they didn't just "plow thru 'em in the covered bridge" - I mean cmon guy.

CPT HOOK
04-15-2011, 04:11 AM
However, I think the quality of the DVD is pretty bad, or maybe it's just overall production values.

I'm thinking it has to be production values / the way it was shot. I haven't seen this in a while, but I remember the blu-ray being very grainy, with occasional specks and debris popping up throughout.