PDA

View Full Version : I knew I waited for a reason: Natural Born Killer's Director's Cut

Grim
05-12-2009, 07:14 PM
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Warner/Disc_Re-Issues/Disc_Announcements/Warner_Double_Dips_with_Natural_Born_Killers:_Dire ctors_Cut_Blu-ray/2792

The unrated version of 'Natural Born Killers' is getting a Blu-ray release, with Warner setting a late-August street date for the high-def double dip.
Released on Blu-ray in 2008 in only its original R-rated form, Oliver Stone's ultra-controversial 'Natural Born Killers: Director's Cut' will finally receive its high-def premiere on the Warner label (the uncut version had previously only been issued through independent means) August 25.

A two-disc set, the film proper will include four additional minutes of graphic footage, and be presented on a BD-50 dual-layer disc in 1080p/VC-1 video and ENglish Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround audio.

New bonus features boast an introduction by Stone, the "NBK Evolution: How Would it All Go Down Now?" documentary, a 'Director's Cut' theatrical trailer, and a collectible booklet.

Extras carried over from previous video versions include audio commentary with Stone, six deleted scenes, alternate ending, "Chaos Rising" featurette, and a Charlie Rose interview with Stone.

Sure there are a few barebones discs that I just had to have, but most of these subpar releases of catalog titles I've held out on, and this is exactly why. Can't wait.

rhett
05-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Sounds great. I'm looking forward to that new featurette, too, since yeah, if this movie came out today it would probably be considered "cool" rather than ultra shocking like it was when it first arrived. I'll always love it for the Leonard Cohen music and the Dangerfield - does anyone talk about the casting of Rodney Dangerfield on the previous disc? He was great in this.

Katatonia
05-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Sounds nice. I only paid about $3 for the old Trimark DVD...which isn't even anamorphic, so I'll pick this one up.

SaviniFan
05-13-2009, 02:30 AM
This is a buy for me since I have never owned it on standard DVD.

MorallySound
05-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Nice, I'll be picking this one up for sure!

Katatonia
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm glad I waited also: DVD Beaver Blu-ray comparisons (http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews47/natural_born_killers_blu-ray.htm)

There's definitely a noticeable difference in the transfers between the two Warner Blu-ray releases.

bigdaddyhorse
10-25-2009, 04:45 PM
I want to thank Grim for the original post that opened the thread and stayed in the back of my mind as I passed over that used R-cut BD at FYE as it kept getting more and more tempting as the price kept going down.
Because of the post, I knew the DC was coming. While I don't ever need to see the R-cut again, that book and a watchable transfer kept on calling out to me.
This disc is just a treat for us who've had that shitty Tri-Mark dvd for the last 10 years. I'm shocked the differences in the BD transfers are so huge, I would've assumed they'd be comparable if not identical.

Franco
10-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow! Now I DO REALLY need to get into the Blu-Ray era! :banana: