PDA

View Full Version : Lionsgate Announces More Titles for August

X-human
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
From HighDefDigest:Lionsgate has announced a quartet of catalog titles for release this August. 'Cutthroat Island,' 'The Ninth Gate,' 'Replicant,' and 'See No Evil' will all be available in stores on August 11.

There's no word on tech specs or extras as of yet, but we’ll make sure to keep you posted. Suggested list price for each Blu-ray has been set at $19.99 and they are available for pre-order at Amazon for $14.99.http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Disc_Announcements/Lionsgate/More_Lionsgate_Catalog_Titles_on_the_Horizon/2824

I own Ninth Gate on D-VHS so I'm not sure if I'll bite on that one. Although it's priced right in general; it's not priced right for what for me would be a double dip.

Darga
05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I'll probably check out The Ninth Gate as a rental, but I don't have any interest in the others.

2D4EVER
05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Cutthroat Island? Seriously? How about releasing Suicide Kings?

X-human
05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Cutthroat Island? Seriously? How about releasing Suicide Kings?

It had a big budget but bombed theatrically, so yes it will be one of the earlier format releases. Logically this is because they're more likly to get people to buy it. It's a trend I've noticed; for example Waterworld was released on HD-DVD. You'll probably see Battlefield Earth on Blu-ray before you'll see Star Wars, or Citizen Kane for that matter.

Katatonia
05-21-2009, 12:24 AM
I heard a rumor about The Ninth Gate coming to Blu about a month ago, so that's greast news that it's confirmed.

The old DVD's of Cutthroat Island are in terrible letterbox, so this will be a welcome upgrade.

$19.99 retail for these isn't bad!

dave13
05-21-2009, 12:55 AM
The old DVD's of Cutthroat Island are in terrible letterbox, so this will be a welcome upgrade.

i've been waiting for an anamorphic release of Cutthroat for a while now. it's definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. some supplements would also be appreciated.