PDA

View Full Version : Dead Fuck Contest

rhett
06-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Dieing for a copy of FRIDAY THE 13TH, PARTS 4, 5 & 6 coming out on DVD this Tuesday? Look no further. We've got another contest a brew, and all you've got to do is tell us your favorite kill in a FRIDAY THE 13TH film and why. Is it the human shish kabob from PART 2? The beheading uppercut from JASON TAKES MANHATTAN?
http://www.horrordigital.com/reviews/contests/dvdcon.jpg

Dieing for a copy of FRIDAY THE 13TH, PARTS 4, 5 & 6 coming out on DVD this Tuesday? Look no further. We've got another contest a brew, and all you've got to do is tell us your favorite kill in a FRIDAY THE 13TH film and why. Is it the human shish kabob from PART 2? The beheading uppercut from JASON TAKES MANHATTAN? The window throw from THE FINAL CHAPTER? So many to choose, and so many discs to give away!

Two lucky winners will receive all three films, newly minted on DVD and shipped out to you day and date on Tuesday, June 16th. For those afraid of paragraphs, this is what you'll be receiving if you win:

FRIDAY THE 13TH - THE FINAL CHAPTER Deluxe Edition DVD
FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART V: A NEW BEGINNING Deluxe Edition DVD
FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART VI: JASON LIVES Deluxe Edition DVD

So again, all you've got to do is tell me, which is your favorite death scene in the FRIDAY THE 13TH series?

Post a single response in this thread only.

The contest will run all weekend until Monday night at 10PM MST where the two winners will be randomly picked and then announced in this thread. Best of luck, you dead fucks!

fart_mike
06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
"where the hell's the corkscrew?"

jason was hiding in that kitchen, in his left hand a corkscrew, his right, a meat cleaver...he just knew that dead-fuck wanted to open another bottle of the good stuff, so he planned accordingly...a crucifixion tops it off, just to slow down final-girl a bit...jason at his most methodical...

SaviniFan
06-12-2009, 09:33 PM
My favorite kill is actually Jason's death in Friday 4. Having his hand split and then hit in the face with a machete, only to have his cranium slide down it was quite gruesome. Tom Savini sure wanted Jason to go out with a bang.

hellraiser40
06-12-2009, 09:34 PM
the 'chop-the-guy-in-the-wheelchair-in-the-head-with-a-machete'

normally, certain types of characters that are considered 'weaker and helpless' (children, people with a handicap) survive or get killed off really quick (which is some strange anti-kind of discrimination), but in Part 2 Jason shows that he doesn't discriminate anyone and goes all-out on this poor sod!

Kyle Reese
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I've always loved the guy who gets the machete to the crotch while doing a handstand in part III.

captain_brandon
06-12-2009, 09:50 PM
First: Well tug at my heart-strings why don't cha, you wonderful at reviewing genre films HorrorDVDs.com crew! ;)

Anyway, being such a big, hardcore fanatic of Mr. Voorhees as well as the fine Pseudo-Jason (Roy Burns) of the eccentric & awesomely underrated Part V, and to be fair his lovely post-monopause mother Pamela, who sort of started it all long after he had drowned and become fish bait for some odd years, I've finally looked into my delightfully black heart and found my favorite set/murder set piece from the original series:

Jason kills Vera Sanchez, Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)

While not the most viscual of the series (or even that film, as Jason cleving Andy in twin with a machete during his doomed hand-stand takes that honor), it's ALWAYS, and I do mean ALWAYS haunted me. First, I have head nightmares of being killed with sharp & pointy objects into my face or eyeballs Fulci-style, and with my head being hurt badly, and this kill combines both as the tightly wound harpoon pierces one of Vera's (lovely) eyes, and comes out the back of her head.

It's just brutal. Plus, there are many miner things I love about it, such as how Jason (Richard Brooker) is lit with the set lights and framed walking out very none-schalontly out of the barn, having just dispatched Shelly (Larry Zerner).

He is almost arrogant, throwing down the Speargun after Vera's dispatch, as if to say "Pift, what total push-over pricks & bitches so far. This is gonna be an easy night avenging my drowing death and my momma's ..."

There is also an element of sadness to her kill, as she wasn't a particular mean & nasty character (so what they she turned down Shelly? He did sometimes act like a jerk & a bit too obnoxious) , and she was (at least I feel and a few others as well) easily one of the most lovely ladies of the then still-growing Friday the 13th universe from Paramount that was ever cast & featured in the series.

Also, she's coldly left to let her (very lovely) body rot in the lake in water. I don't know if anyone knows this, but water (over time) does TERRIBLE damage to the human body. Ever stay in the bathtub too long as a young kid, and then look at your wrinkled older appearing skin for a breif time? Imagine even several overly long hours.

And plus, just the pop-horror iconic moment that this particular kill was the first to use the now iconic hockey mask, and I feel you have a definately winner.

Angelman
06-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Part 7, axe to the face then thrown behind the TV. When I saw that growing up in the theater the audience went NUTS. Good times.

fattyjoe37
06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Cut in half while doing a handstand in Part III

Body Boy
06-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Marcie in Friday the 13th (1980)

Perhaps it is because I liked her so much that the death seems to stand out more. The first film has the most haunting feel to it, and weapons with no hint of human help (though we know they are there) is stronger at creating the horror aura I so dearly admire. It is Marcie's reaction to the oncoming axe, and petrified stance as she screams that makes this all the more enjoyable. We get the feeling of how heavy this weapon really is with the light above being knocked out, so when we see the poor counselor's head split wide open, I can feel her pain. Very gory, a great death setting (the lead up in the bathroom/shower is so suspenseful) and the innocence that is present just before the whack contrasts with the immediate appearance of the killer. Plus, I LOVE axe kills.

vampyr789
06-12-2009, 10:06 PM
....lets see....

Jimbo's corkscrew to the hand and meat cleaver to the face. Friday the 13th The Final Chapter (1984)

its a really brutal death too, i mean being stabbed in the hand with a corkscrew (ouch) not being able to run. just stand there helplessly, then have a large meat cleaver shoved in your face. yea that is pretty painful.
haha i watched Part IV with some of my friends and this death really got them haha it was classic. one of the more brutal films from the series...

shithead
06-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Sleeping bag kill part 7.

It may be cliche, but oh well.

Regurgitate
06-12-2009, 10:14 PM
My most memorable death scene is when Jason takes that chick in the sleeping bag and slams her against a tree from part 7.

addicted2dvd
06-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I always liked the guy walking on his hands getting chopped in half through the crotch. Was one of the kills that really made me feel for the poor guy... all I can say is OUCH!

baggio
06-12-2009, 10:24 PM
So many to choose from...

Part 7

When Jason answers the door and kills the blonde with an axe to the face , then throws her behind the television.

Suicide
06-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I've always been fond of the death of Demon while on the toilet in the gross shitbox in A New Beginning. For some reason that is probably my most watched movie of the series (probably the only tape I had as a kid) and that whole sequence is still hilarious to me. From the duet with his girlfriend to Miguel's crazy faces he makes when "Jason" starts shoving the pipe through the outhouse walls, it's all very amusing to me.

SpaceAce
06-12-2009, 10:34 PM
speargun to eye in Part 3...... a close second was the sleeping bag tree bash...always gives me a smile.

ekent
06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
I'd have to say my favorite kill is in part 4 when Paul is swimming back to the dock after discoverying his girlfriend butchered in a raft. He is then promtly stabbed in the crotch with a spear gun, lifted into the air, and then has the trigger pulled on him for good measure. Senseless brutality!

HellRazor
06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Rack up another vote for Jimbo getting the meat cleaver in the head in Friday the 13th The Final Chapter. I hated that guy!

bigdaddyhorse
06-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I have a tie between the sleeping bag in 7 and the cut in half in the tent while riding a dude in JGTH (the best part of that film). If I have to choose today which one, JGTH.

Richard Anthony
06-12-2009, 11:47 PM
There are so many Great Ones!!

The one that comes to mind is the Kill in Friday The 13TH: Part V: A New Beginning. The 'Death By Garden Shears To The Eyes', Ouch! It is really one of the most brutal deaths in a Friday Film and the way it happens it pretty scary as well. She is just sitting there looking up at the sky and then she gets it!! Plus, the fact that I love Debi Sue Voorhees so much, she is So Hot and Beautiful in this Movie!! I didn't want to see her go!!

That is one of my favorites!!

sumo8675309
06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
there's so many good ones in the entire series but i got to go with the punch decap on the rooftop in part 8

Rockmjd
06-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Triple decapitation in the forest in part 6.

Spit
06-12-2009, 11:58 PM
In part 2, when he gets the kid in the wheel chair....I really didnt think they would kill a crippled kid..

old-boo-radley
06-13-2009, 12:25 AM
The tent scene in Jason Goes to Hell. It was just that awesome as a kid.

mascareiro
06-13-2009, 12:32 AM
I donīt think too many are with me on this, but I have an affection for the kill in part IV when Jason grabs the girl through the window and proceeds to force her to do a "leap of faith" onto the top of a car, maybe itīs the sheer brutality of it, the slow-mo and the fact that the girl was so unaware... I donīt know, itīs just a freaking vile albeit simple in concept kill.

rxfiend
06-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Toss up between the tent scene in JGTH and the face smash in JX.

highclassrob
06-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Jason's Best Kill will always be when he gets struck by lightning & kills Horshack !!

dave13
06-13-2009, 12:55 AM
love the sleeping bag kill from part 7...and the homage to it with the two hologram chicks in Jason X.

brooks_54
06-13-2009, 12:57 AM
I've always been a fan of the scene at the beginning of "The Final Chapter" when Jason cuts Axel's throat with the saw and then twists his head around.

It's my favorite film in the series, and this kill gets it off to a great start because it's very inventive and features some gratuitously good Tom Savini effects work.

CrazyFatEthel
06-13-2009, 01:01 AM
I'd have to go with Sandra and Jeffs double impaling in Part 2.

bwana the clown
06-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Gotta go for Kevin Bacon's arrow through the throat in Part 1. That shit came out of nowhere and traumatised me as a kid and it still sticks with me as one of the more simple, yet cold-blooded and nasty kills. Poor Kev, didn't stand a chance.

Katatonia
06-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Definitely Crispin Glover's death in The Final Chapter.

The corkscrew in the hand has always disturbed me for some reason, and the meat cleaver to the face was a nice touch. And who can forget his subsequent crucifixion in the doorway?

Egg_Shen
06-13-2009, 01:55 AM
The machete to the face of the guy in the wheelchair from part II. I liked the misdirection in the moments preceding the kill and the fact that a guy in a wheelchair would be done in so horribly. Also his rolling down the stairs was a nice touch.

Bristlebane
06-13-2009, 02:02 AM
I gotta go with Jason using the weedeater with the saw at the end to kill Dr. Cruise. I hated that bastard.

Harry Warden
06-13-2009, 02:11 AM
My favorite Friday the 13th kill is from the original in 1980, when Marcie gets an axe in her face/head. I will never forget it and I was just amazed when I saw it for the first time.

BloodMan
06-13-2009, 03:21 AM
part IV... jason's death... slowly sliding down that blade... lovely!

HoldenMcNeil
06-13-2009, 04:48 AM
For me just because it was so brutal was in Part 5, the guy who gets the leather strap on his eyes, and then "Jason" tightens it with the tree branch.

gunner
06-13-2009, 05:06 AM
I'm going to have to go with Junior's motorcycle decap in "A New Beginning". The whole death during a redneck having a hilarious tantrum on a pos dirt bike all over the yard and porch, totally out of control, no matter what Ethel yelled out..."He hurt me Ma" buzzzz buzz "He hurt meeeeee"...buzzzzzz chop, thud roll. Priceless!!

eric_angelus
06-13-2009, 05:11 AM
Although not my favorite film in the series, my favorite death scene has got to be Eddie's from PartV....the twisting strap from behind the tree...there is just something really brutal and painful about it that always gets to me.

Dank
06-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Sleeping bag death in The New Blood. Buechler told me to say it. :D

In all seriousness, it's a good and darkly humorous kill. Probably the best one Kane Hodder did.

mcchrist
06-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Friday the 13th V...

The retard that gets hacked to bits after annoying that dude with a candy bar. My vote.

zombiecraig
06-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Sleeping bag against the tree.

Marcie getting the axe to the face in part one still gets to me every time, no matter how many times I see it. The set-up of that scene just works so well.

However (and I know this has been said many times already), the pure brutality of the sleeping bag against the tree death is just too masculine to beat out. I love it.

Lone Wolf
06-13-2009, 05:25 AM
The machete to the face of the guy in the wheelchair form part 2 has to get my vote. It caught me by surprise the first time I saw the movie.

lakini71
06-13-2009, 05:53 AM
The splitting of the guy walking on his hands in Part 3. For me, that's the most memorable scene in any of the films.

Zombie Dude
06-13-2009, 06:05 AM
The handstand kill in Part 3. Just thinking about it is painful.

marcx
06-13-2009, 06:05 AM
Annie's throat slashing in part 1..brutal 1st on screen kill in the series that sets the tone for all that is to come...

Mitbox
06-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Sleeping Bag, so violent, but not gory or anything like that. It's like a hot chick with sexy lingerie, she's not naked, but it's hotter leaving it to you imagination.

BroodingHope
06-13-2009, 06:09 AM
My favorite is the strap around the tree kill in A New Beginning. It's just so brutal, and the fact that they left the end of it to the imagination only enhances that brutality.

NaturesMistake
06-13-2009, 07:01 AM
Axel's neck saw in The final Chapter takes the cake.

The brutality of that scene set the entire nasty tone in part four.

It still ranks as one of the most jarring in the series because it's so quick yet he is so horribly mutilated.

I cheered when I saw that one as a kid :p

DVDBone
06-13-2009, 07:12 AM
The one that comes to mind right now is the death of Rob in The Final Chapter. Even though it's mostly offscreen, how can you not love a death scene where the victim repeatedly cries out "he's killing me"?!?

msw7
06-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Jason X - frozen head smash

Jason gets his groove on (well, cops a feel at least), then freezes and smashes face.

Here's a handy clip:
http://www.greatestmoviedeaths.com/2007/07/jason-x-adrienne-face-and-liquid.html

Matt89
06-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Marcie's murder in part 1. It was the first murder scene in a horror film that actually shocked me. To this day I still think it looks real as hell.

~Matt

Erick H.
06-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Kevin Bacon's ''arrow through the throat"scene always stuck with me.For starters it's a nice piece of missdirection as we are expecting the big payoff to be Kevin finding the source of the dripping blood.The sudden hand grab from below plus the slooooow arrow coming through (a cool effect,especially for that era) really sells it.The fact that Kevin Bacon later became KEVIN BACON,with his growing fame,makes it a fun one to look back on today.I'd like to think that if Bacon ever gets a lifetime achievment Oscar in his old age some ageing slasher fan will stick this clip at the head of his film clip montage.Hell,it's a better choice than FOOTLOOSE !

Grim
06-13-2009, 10:30 AM
My vote would have to go to Axl's throat slit/head twist death in The Final Chapter. That one was just complete overkill. As if taking a bone saw to the poor guy's neck wasn't enough to do him in, Jason felt it necessary to finish the job by completely twisting the dude's head around and breaking his neck. I loved every second of it.

I think with that death you really get the notion that the people making the film really thought this would be the last film, so they wanted to make sure they went balls to the walls and went out with a vengeance. It also shows why Ted White, as much as he played off his role as Jason, was the best. No fucking around with his Jason, just business, and by business I mean brutal nihilistic death.

chinoev
06-13-2009, 02:57 PM
My favorite is when they revisit the sleeping bag scene in Jason X. The first time I saw it I couldn't stop laughing.

snowbeast323
06-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Jack's death in F13....

Its such an iconic scene, not just because it features a young Kevin Bacon grtting his throat cut open, but also because it was a revoloutionary scene in horror because it was shown in full, a gory close-up, it lifted the bar on splatter, and I think it made audiences look twice at what they were seeing, and made them feel pretty uneasy.

Its become an instantly recogniseable scene from the F13 series and a scene that is also instantly recogniseable in the slasher genre. A person knows that scene even if they've never seen the film....

Mattapooh
06-13-2009, 03:25 PM
For me, it all goes back to my reaction when I saw part 7 at a party when I was about 12 or 13 (remember going to a party and NOT drinking and/or smoking? Weird!). As much as I thought "This isn't very good", the sleeping bag kill just blew me away. I'd have to go with that one!

killit
06-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Part 3-D the dude walking on his hands, machete straight down the dick.

Paul0889
06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Tina being thrown out of the window in the Final Chapter. The way Jason just viciously plows through the windows, grabs the bitch, and just tosses her outside, only to land on her back on the car...it's quick, it's bloodless, but still makes quite an impact enough to make you go HOLY SHIT!!

Zillamon51
06-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Jason's demise at the hands of Tommy Jarvis at the climax of The Final Chapter. Think about this for a minute: How hard must it have been to come with a really good way to kill off the unkillable Jason in a way that would be satisfying to the audience, be brutal enough to provide some comeuppance for all the carnage Jason has done, and would sell the finality of the supposedly "final" film? Well, Tom Savini pulled it off, without resorting to gimmicks like toxic waste. (Compare it to the ridiculous scene of the giant rubber hands pulling Jason down to hell in JGTH.)

soxfan666
06-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Kevin Bacon for me too. It has always been the one that really sticks out in my mind from when I was a kid.

pieces35
06-13-2009, 11:32 PM
The best kill scene from the "Friday" movies is Part 7 where Jason slams the girl in the sleeping bag against a tree

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Horrorphilly
06-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Its gotta be the Kevin Bacon kill scene.Gets ya every time.Thats my vote.

sean

Caspar2112
06-14-2009, 01:32 AM
I have to admit, something about the fellow doing a handstand and getting split down the middle most certainly left a lasting impression or should I say Stain in my mind !! I also have penchant for the Kevin Bacon kill in the first film...he thought he was king shit on turd island for just seducing his young female friend. Oh well, a little arrow in the throat cured his cocksure attitude.

Horror_Boy
06-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Mine has to be Rick's death from Part III...When I was like 7 or 8 years old my old neighbor had a Back yard c-band dish..Friend told me the movies were gonna be on that night so I went up there and made the old man hunt it down...This was in like 1985 or so...Finally he came across what I believed to be the films at that time..I believe it was on USA network but couldn't swear to it...

Now when Rick's head got crushed by Jason that night the old dude looked over at me and said....How would you like to have a hug like that? Guess that will always stick with me as a childhood memory..

gsmile66
06-14-2009, 04:42 AM
My favorite is the harpoon death in Part 3. Classic reveal of Jason with the hockey mask.

The Chaostar
06-14-2009, 04:59 AM
The killing of Adrienne King in part 2. I mean, I went through this hell in part 1 just to see her die in such way in the opening minutes of part 2? I was soooo shocked when I saw this the first time!

AndresG
06-14-2009, 05:59 AM
my fave one has to be the spear-gun arrow to the eye kill scene from Part III, too classic!!

booper71
06-14-2009, 06:59 AM
The guy in the wheel chairs death in Pt. 2, not since Texas Chainsaw Massacre had I felt appreciation for a challenged person to meet an untimely demise! :fucked:

MrPoetryMan
06-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Okay WOW! I just signed up and saw this here... heres the story: I always wanted to watch F13 films growing up, but my parents would never rent them for me so I'd have to watch them on tv and the one I always caught was part 8 on USA channel... It scared me soooo much. One thing I love its the only film that has that scary "ja-s-on" voice echo in the front paramount logo. another thing its the one I find MOST 80's its got the hair, the music, the bad cheese dialog. and (yes I know it was shot in Canada) but it has NEW YORK! I love films with a new york theme. so this film adds to that feel of 80's new york atmosphere. So now having seen all of the F13's except for Goes to Hell and X... all those aspects makes my favorite kill (and I know you mentioned it on top) The "beheading uppercut" priceless! "take your best shot... Mofo" Brings back the childhood memories to a man. :)

Goregasm
06-14-2009, 08:02 AM
I've sat here for nearly a half hour considering what my favorite kill from the series is. It's a tough call.

Kevin Bacon, un-edited, was absolutely beautiful.
Mr. Crispen Glover and his trusty corkscrew is always a favorite.

But the best, for me, has to be pretty boy Doug (Peter Barton) in the final chapter and his face getting crushed up against the wall in the shower. Good clean Christian fun.

KamuiX
06-14-2009, 08:14 AM
I must say, the liquid nitrogen scene from Jason X is pretty damn excellent. Something different from the norm that didn't involve the sharp objects that are generally used throughout the series.

Kim Bruun
06-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Mark's death in Part 2, no contest. He is one of the most likable and memorable of all the Friday victims. He has determination, and he just seems like an alround nice guy. He's just about to score with this cute girl when a macehet bites into his handsome face and sends him rolling down the stairs in the rain in his wheelchair. It's fantastically shot, and powerful, since he's one of those characters you actually care about.

Shannafey
06-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Though it wasn't a bloody kill and the film is much maligned, It was the shattered liquid nitrogen kill in Jason X!! It was definitely the most unique kill of the series!!

dayglo
06-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Definitely Demon from Friday 5. The fact that the whole sequence is so ridiculous throughout from that get up he's wearing, to him and Anita singing "ooh Baby" to each other while he's taking a shit (who the hell does that?!) makes me laugh at loud every time.

All that and it's capped off with a decent kill where he just has nowhere to run, and will eventually be found in a toilet. :p

Kodiac Jack
06-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Vagface from Friday VII. I always thought it was brutal as hell. It became my favorite watching the added gore on the boxset. Gross kill indead. It was also a treat listening to John Carl Buechler and Kane Hodder talking about Vagface. I bout died laughing because I never thought it looked like a cooter.

heh
06-14-2009, 09:23 PM
There are really too many to pick a favorite, but one that sticks out to me is the "frozen head" death in Jason X. Totally cool and brutal. Great way for Jason to start out in the future. :)

xdiggler
06-15-2009, 02:19 AM
For my money, it would have to be Axel's brutal hacksaw throat slash with the spine snapping twist! It was over the top and incredibly effective. Also, being in the medical field, it was unnerving to see what could happen if one of the patient's would do if they could get back at us for our inappropriate and twisted "gallows" humor!!

Jason101
06-15-2009, 04:02 AM
I love the original's R-rated version of Jack's arrow through the throat death.

Ptflea2
06-15-2009, 04:41 AM
I always liked the chick getting her head crushed in the bathroom wall in the RV from Jason Lives. Even better with the Alice Copper soundtrack playing too.

indiephantom
06-15-2009, 06:22 AM
I love when Darcy DeMoss gets her pretty little head pushed through the Winnebago siding in Jason Lives. It was right after she starting bitching about her boyfriend not cumming with her in sync. That film had lots of cool deaths and that great Bond-line title sequence.

17thJuggalo
06-15-2009, 06:50 AM
The scene where he punches the boxer's head off in Jason Takes Manhattan. For a brief moment, you think that this guy actually stood a chance against Jason with his bare hands. Then all of a sudden, Jason delivers the biggest haymaker of all time to knock his head clean off.

Cheesy goodness!

Zack
06-15-2009, 07:10 AM
for me it's a toss up between the leather strap over the eyes in part 5 and the chick that gets macheted in the tent in jason goes to hell.

othervoice1
06-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Spear gun arrow to the eye in Part III for me too- I cant wait to pick up part III on blu this week and see Part III actually in 3-D for the first time ever!

satans-sadists
06-15-2009, 08:11 AM
As much as I would rather watch Jason Lives any day, what provides the most entertainment value for me is the Julius VS Jason boxing match in Jason Takes Manhattan.

Workshed
06-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Sleeping bag + girl + Jason = gold every time. The original usage in Part VII was outstanding, then the refrain in Jason X, and then, yes, the revisiting of the sleeping bag as death bag in the remake. All good.

jstell
06-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I have to go with the sleeping bad death in Part VII. I remember seeing with an audience started going nuts when it realized what Jason intended to do with that screaming babe in the sleeping bag.

BoredSeal
06-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Part 1 - Girl getting the axe in the face in showers. It always amuses me, how fast and merciless Death is.. :)

_pi_
06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Kevin Bacon gets my vote, followed closely by Betsy White in the same film. :)

chrismac87
06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
My favorite death in all of the FRIDAY films has to be from part 6 - all I have to say is, the town sheriff turned into a folding chair. :D Amazing.

spawningblue
06-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Damn so many great choices; corkscrew in the hand then axe to the face, triple decapitation, garden shears to the face, headstand kill, liquid nitrogen head smash, women split in half while having sex, kid broken in half in bed, head punched off, head crushed with belt wrapped around tree, ect. All of those are great kills and would be a good choice. But my favourite has to be the sleeping bag to the tree from part 7. Ever since I was a kid I have loved that one, and it must have had quite an effect on me as it's not as long and violent as I remember it to be. Kind of weird that for all the cuts the films have had, the films still seem to have the best kills and seem to be remembered as a lot more gorier then they actually are.

allmessedup
06-15-2009, 11:46 PM
My vote goes to the wheelchair guy from Part 2.

grodd
06-16-2009, 12:54 AM
I've got to go with the liquid Nitrogen.
Jason X - Adrienne's face freeze and smash!

TheShape
06-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Another vote for the sleeping bag kill in part 7.

Mainly because part 7 was the first Friday film I saw at age 12. So a nostalgic choice for me. I thought that Jason was pretty badass with that one. In the version I saw (and most of us too), it looks like Jason just wanted to shut her up by whacking her on the tree. Then he saw that he was done and went on with his business.

I think the uncut version of that kill shows Jason repeatedly banging the bag on the tree until she's dead, which is cool too but in a different kind of way.

KillerCannabis
06-16-2009, 01:55 AM
I've always loved the nurse's death in Jason X. You know, where Jason freezes her face in CO2 and smashes the shit out of it. I always felt that one was especially brutal.

mkfan99
06-16-2009, 03:01 AM
As she orgasms, all of a sudden, a barbed wire spike is impaled through her torso. She then throws up blood on her face, Luke reacting horror. The spike is then pulled up, splitting her at the shoulder in half, red spraying all over, while the half limps... dead. Being uncut, it was awesome!

MorallySound
06-16-2009, 03:35 AM
The handstand cut-in-two from Part III. Even as a kid prior to having seen the movie, the image of that very death on the VHS back cover always stood out.

rhett
06-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Well, the results are in. Pretty interesting spread of votes.

Here are the top five kills:

4. Frozen head smash from JASON X
4. Handstand hack from PART 3
3. Wheelchair death from PART 2
2. Kevin Bacon's arrow through the throat in PART 1

1. Sleeping Bag from THE NEW BLOOD

Here's how the movies as a whole ranked for total number of votes:

REMAKE - 0
FREDDY VS. JASON - 0
JASON GOES TO HELL - 3
JASON TAKES MANHATTAN - 4
JASON LIVES - 5
JASON X - 7.5
A NEW BEGINNING - 8.5
PART 2 - 9
PART 3 - 12.5
PART 1 - 12.5
THE NEW BLOOD - 16
THE FINAL CHAPTER - 16

Finally, here's a complete listing of all the votes by film:

PART 1 - 12.5
Axe to face - 4
Bacon's bunk - 7.5
Throat slash - 1

PART 2 - 9
Alice's kitchen coup - 1
Wheelchair - 7
Shish Kebob - 1

PART 3 - 12.5
Handstand - 6.5
Harpoon - 5
Head crush - 1

THE FINAL CHAPTER - 16
Corkscrew - 4
Jason - 3
Crotchlift - 1
Window throw - 2
Throat saw - 4
Garden claw - 1
Shower crush - 1

A NEW BEGINNING - 8.5
Outhouse - 2
Garden shears - 1
Leather strap - 3.5
Motorcycle decapitation - 1
Candy bar chop - 1

JASON LIVES - 5
Triple decapitation - 1
Heart punch - 1
RV Bathroom mold - 2
Body folding - 1

THE NEW BLOOD - 16
Axe to face TV - 2
Sleeping bag - 12
Weedeater - 1
Vagface - 1

JASON TAKES MANHATTAN - 4
Boxing decapitation - 4

JASON GOES TO HELL - 3
Tent - 3

JASON X - 7.5
Frozen head smash - 6.5
Sleeping bag - 1

FREDDY VS. JASON
None

REMAKE
None

Thanks to all 96 of you who sounded off, it was great hearing from everyone. The winners to be announced in the next post.

rhett
06-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Random.org's Integer Generator tells me that the winners for the "Dead Fuck" contest are...

bigdaddyhorse
captain_brandon

Congrats, guys!

Thanks again to everyone for participating, there should be a new contest up soon. For those who didn't win...buy these discs, they're great!

vampyr789
06-16-2009, 07:51 AM
congrats guys!! :D

dirkwu
06-16-2009, 07:56 AM
for me it was the guy walking on his hands who got a machete to the nuts. ouch!

captain_brandon
06-16-2009, 10:51 AM
ALRIGHT! This is beoynd cool, as I'm a HUGE series supporter,and this is actually the first contest I've ever won! Whooo hoo. ;)

I just sent you my private address & info, rhett my good man.

And thanks once again! Long live HorrorDVDs.com :D

addicted2dvd
06-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Congrats guys! :)

satans-sadists
06-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Congratulations to both of you. Enjoy those dvds!

marcx
06-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Congrats guys---It's gonna be a long wait for me for the blus of 4,5 and 6--no more double, triple, quadruple dipping :)

othervoice1
06-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Congrats winners!!!! This was a very cool contest for you to win!

captain_brandon
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks Addicted2DVD, Satan-Sadists OtherVoice and marcx :D

Really nice of ya guys. Yeah, I honestly never won an online contest, and I was gonna rush out untill a few hours ago and grab the new Deluxe Edition's at (no kidding) honestly one of the 4 Super Wal-Marts near where I live in the greater Shreveport (I call it shitport) and Bossier City area that are in driving distance to me.

I'm really glad I read this thread for the winner's announced and got rhett's PM.

And yeah, I'm a big original series fan--especially of the first five--and I plan to enjoy'em once they're here. ;) Big thanks again! *waves*

MorallySound
06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Congrats to the winners!

Workshed
06-16-2009, 07:06 PM
you are all winners in my book, but congrats bigdaddy and captain_brandon.

captain_brandon
06-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the continued conrads, guy! *waves to Workshed and MorallySound* :D

As I told rhett in a PM, well over a combined 3 years total of entering my e-mail address and info at either Arrow in the Head.com's site and Fango's site combined has finally paid off from the man up stairs, who apparently decided to give this big Mr. Voorhees fanatic a break from snatchin' these up retail today. ;)

But I still am, however, gonna snatch up the fine enough for what it is remake today to support the series. No worries there.

And Congradulations to my fellow winner of bigdaddy. Congrads, bro! Hope you'll love the discs like me. Enjoy'em.

I regularly take pics for my myotobucket.com account. I'm getting a new digital cam in a few weeks, and I'll do amassive up-date. I'll try to find the "show off your genre collection/memerabelia" thread, and I'll post my then latest up-dates, including the box rhett sends it in. Haha, I know a little over board playfully, but I normally have absolute pure shit luck with contests, and so I wanna celebrate a bit.

But yeah, tons of FINE 'best kill' choices in this badboy of a thread.

rhett
06-16-2009, 08:06 PM
As for the results...biggest surprise? That A NEW BEGINNING was second only to THE FINAL CHAPTER in number of different kills highlighted (with 5 versus CHAPTER's 7).

baggio
06-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Congrats to bigdaddyhorse & captain_brandon !!!

bigdaddyhorse
06-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks to all for the congrats, Paramount for providing the discs, the site for the contest, and mega thanks to the random thing for picking me.:banana:

This is easily the second coolest contest win here, but nothing will top that Dawn of the Dead signed poster-book. I still have this (the winning entry of that contest) as my screen-saver and wish I could watch the movie everyday:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/bigdaddyhorse/GoneWithTheDead.jpg

I was just checking these Friday discs out in Best Buy, and like the features lists. Big-time looking forward to watching them.

captain_brandon
06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks baggio! :D

indiephantom
06-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Congrats to bigdaddyhorse and captain brandon. This was a great contest with a great prize lot.

Harry Warden
06-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Congrats Captain Brandon and Big Daddy Horse for your wins. Enjoy.

msw7
06-17-2009, 02:32 AM
Congrats guys - and enjoy the carnage!

great poster bigdaddyhorse! (I can see why it won)

captain_brandon
06-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Thanks again, you three above! Very of of you all :)

shithead
06-17-2009, 05:52 AM
Yeah, yeah congrats you freeloading assholes!

I had to buy these today, even that botched part 6.

captain_brandon
06-17-2009, 07:02 AM

LMAO Funniest damn post I've read in ages! :D

Erick H.
06-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Congrats to the winners !

bigdaddyhorse
06-17-2009, 05:45 PM

Hey, I'm not a freeloader, I bring wit and humor to the boards and have been known to give away dvds here just because I've been at boring parties that remind me of an obscure song.:D

Plus this makes life worth living again. After the Red Wings loss and the Tigers slumping (mark my words, they will not be leading the AL central this time next week), I've been close to suicide watch. Not too close, but in the building.;)

What do you mean by "bothced part 6" though? Did they fuck up the dvd somehow, or are you just referring to the movie itself being botched?

spawningblue
06-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Congrats guys!

captain_brandon
06-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks Spawingblue ol' pal! :D

shithead
06-17-2009, 09:56 PM
What do you mean by "bothced part 6" though? Did they fuck up the dvd somehow, or are you just referring to the movie itself being botched?

No, I love the movie. It's just that from looking at Rhett's review i actually prefer the color scheme of the old DVD.

bigdaddyhorse
06-18-2009, 12:03 AM
No, I love the movie. It's just that from looking at Rhett's review i actually prefer the color scheme of the old DVD.

Ahhhh, I didn't notice those reviews were up, but just went and had a look and have to agree. I'll see how it plays, but judging by screens, the old colors were way better and probably closer to what was intended.

shithead
06-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Ahhhh, I didn't notice those reviews were up, but just went and had a look and have to agree. I'll see how it plays, but judging by screens, the old colors were way better and probably closer to what was intended.

It has some some cool stuff on it though, the commentary is supposed to be good. And just being able to see the uncut scenes without them being in some tiny box like the old boxset, makes it worth the upgrade.

Uncle Jay
06-18-2009, 02:31 AM
While an extremely tough decision, as there are many, I'd have to say that my favorite death from a "Friday" film, is from "Jason X" where Mr. Voorhees (portrayed by Kane Hodder) takes Adrienne (Kristi Angus) and dunks her face into liquid nitrogen. Her face freezes instantly and then is smashed against the table, shattering her face into bloody frozen bits.

A very imaginative and memorable death.

-UJ

thrashard76
06-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Congrats!

hellraiser40
06-18-2009, 09:42 PM
congrats!

MisterTwister
06-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Congrats to the both of you.

My favorite kill is the triple decapitation from Jason Lives.

mrcafejava
06-19-2009, 12:27 AM
The guy walking on his hands, chopped in half from part 3 with beautifal shot from below

Horror Junkie
06-22-2009, 04:30 AM
Trapped in a sleeping bag then Smashed against a tree. :-D

captain_brandon
06-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Big thanks MisterTwister and others! Still waitin' on my three won DVDs to come in the mail, but they should be here this week, as rhett had to re-send'em. Hopefully they'll arrive by this coming Friday or Saturday.

bigdaddyhorse
06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Big thanks MisterTwister and others! Still waitin' on my three won DVDs to come in the mail, but they should be here this week, as rhett had to re-send'em. Hopefully they'll arrive by this coming Friday or Saturday.

Same here, but I'm close to Canada so I'm hoping for mid-week.:glasses:
Stupid customs.

captain_brandon
06-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Same here, but I'm close to Canada so I'm hoping for mid-week.:glasses:
Stupid customs.

Your in New England territory, huh? Cool, cool. :) I'm a Red State lad, way down here in urban Louisiana right next to Texas, so I'm hoping this coming Saturday at the latest. ;) And I agree, it WAS stupid as shit that they got sent back. Ah well, I can wait a while longer. Hope the DVDs arrive for both of us in great condition. Congrads to you, my fellow winner, as well!

Jaffe
06-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Definitely Jason's death in Friday the 13th part 4... excellently done.

Jaffe

jaysolack
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Liquid Nitrogen head smash in Jason X - totally awesome

donmuggins
07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
i'll put that in the ol computer

donmuggins
07-14-2009, 04:15 AM
wheelchair in part2

captain_brandon
07-14-2009, 11:15 PM
wheelchair in part2

Great one. Mark's wheelchair slide down that extremely long stair well (which many believe to be a homage or rip off, however they see it, to Bava's Twitch of the Death Nerve [aka: Bay of Blood]) is a fine one. A damn shame the actor (Tom McBride) is sadly no longer with us. :(

In just as sad news: I again checked my mail today, and NO Deluxe Edition's of Friday the 13th's Parts 4, 5 and 6. I'm beginning to seriously wonder where they all are. :confused: