PDA

View Full Version : Henry Blu Ray Sept. 29

2D4EVER
06-25-2009, 06:45 AM
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Dark_Sky_Films/Disc_Announcements/Dark_Sky_Films_Announces_Henry_Blu-ray/2946

I'm guessing the extras from the last dvd release will be ported over.

MorallySound
06-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Right one! I don't know why I've never picked up the DVD yet, but I guess I'll continue to hold out and just get the Blu!

Katatonia
06-25-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm curious as to how much better it will look. As long as they leave the OAR (fullscreen) intact, it could be sweet. I'll wait for some reviews before picking it up though...

Hopefully they'll release the sequel (which I also love) to Blu sometime in the future also.

bigdaddyhorse
06-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Wasn't this shot in 16mm? If so, it's not gonna get much better than the existing SE dvd, barring digital manipualtion, which would probably be a bad idea. Just keep Lucas and Speilberg away!:D

Katatonia
06-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Wasn't this shot in 16mm? If so, it's not gonna get much better than the existing SE dvd, barring digital manipualtion, which would probably be a bad idea. Just keep Lucas and Speilberg away!:D

I would have to disagree there. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre was shot on worse 16mm film stock than this film used, and it is much improved on Blu-ray.

rhett
06-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Yeah, contrary to popular believe films that are shot on a lower grade of stock often benefit most from the greater resolution and bitrate of Blu-ray. On DVD the added grain or noise would result in artifacting or blurring of the image, but with the added space Blu-ray provides less compression is needed, thus resulting in a cleaner image. It's the same reason why a VHS-rip from a poor quality source on a torrent often requires a higher bitrate than your usual DVD-rip.