PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Bay Blu-ray Email Update!

fceurich39
07-13-2009, 04:01 PM
i got an email update for some titles that are either being worked on or being considered for blu-ray i got a reply after sending an email to em 6 months ago

blu-ray titles being worked on
Evil Dead,Phantasm,Re-Animator,Hellbound Hellraiser II

titles being considered
Demons/Demons 2
Hills Have Eyes
C.H.U.D.
Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition

here is what the letter said anchor bay is thinking of doing which sounds cool
disc 1
theatrical version 127 min
extended version 140 min
european cut 117 min

disc 2 all old features from box set

Theatrical Trailers
TV Spots
Radio Spots
Post & Advertising Gallery
George A. Romero Bio
Comic Book Preview
Monroeville Mall Commercial
Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery
Memorabilia Gallery
Production Stills
International Theatrical Trailers
U.K. TV Spots
International Lobby Card Gallery
International Poster & Advertising Gallery
International Pressbook Gallery
Home Video & Soundtrack Artwork
Dario Argento Bio
The Dead Will Walk, an all-new documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew members Claudio Argento, Dario Argento, Pat Buba, Tony Buba, Zilla Clinton, David Crawford, David Early, David Emge, Ken Foree, Michael Gornick, John Harrison, Clayton Hill, Sharon Ceccatti-Hill, Jim Krut, Leonard Lies, Scott H. Reiniger, Chris Romero, George A. Romero, Gaylen Ross, Tom Savini, and Claudio Simonetti.
Roy Frumkes' Document Of The Dead - The original documentary filmed during the making of DAWN OF THE DEAD by Filmmaker Roy Frumkes
On-Set Home Movies with Audio Commentary from Zombie Extra Robert Langer
Monroeville Mall Tour with Actor Ken Foree
disc 3
ultimate cut 156 min in English language
she said though anchor bay is trying to get some new stuff for dawn of the dead but she also said don't be surprised or mad if the ultimate cut isn't included

also the Dawn of the dead 3D version of the original is finished so maybe that will please fans

eric_angelus
07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Really happy to hear what is being worked on. That set sounds great, hopefully it will actually come to be! Thanks for the info!

spawningblue
07-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah some great titles! I think I would buy all of them as long as they included all their previous extras. And I'm glad I waited on Dawn as I knew they would eventually release it with all the Ultimate Edition extras. Now I'm just waiting on the Ultimate Halloween set, which I'm sure will eventually come out as we all know how much they love to release Halloween.

fceurich39
07-13-2009, 04:41 PM
also anchor bay is considering releasing a region 1 phantasm silver sphere set having part 1,3,4 and like other recent anchor releases it will probably have a 4th disc being the phantasm blu-ray

house/house 2 dvd double feature might be rereleased also

X-human
07-13-2009, 05:12 PM
disc 1
theatrical version 127 min
extended version 140 min
european cut 117 min

[...]

disc 3
ultimate cut 156 min in English language

also the Dawn of the dead 3D version of the original is finished so maybe that will please fans

Kinda pushing it for disc 1 aren't they? Hope they're not going to over compress this stuff to hell and back.

Still, all great news. I'll be cherry picking titles, as I don't really even watch the SD disc's all that much, but I'm certainly glad to see the Blu's on their way.

fceurich39
07-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Kinda pushing it for disc 1 aren't they? Hope they're not going to over compress this stuff to hell and back.

Still, all great news. I'll be cherry picking titles, as I don't really even watch the SD disc's all that much, but I'm certainly glad to see the Blu's on their way.

yep i guess they want to do with what sony did with close encounters blu-ray having 3 versions on one blu-ray disc

Jeremy
07-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Even with BD's superior data storage capacity, DAWN OF THE DEAD is a long movie and putting all three cuts with their associated audio mixes and commentaries is questionable - unless they went for the seamless branching option.

Grim
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Demons on blu-ray would be awesome. I'm looking forward to the ones they're working on.

rxfiend
07-13-2009, 08:22 PM
While I'm a huge fan of Dawn, I don't see myself getting the UE on Blu. I have the theatrical cut already and it's the cut I'll watch most. The DVD set looks fine upconverted.

The blus I'm interested in is Hellbound, Re-animator and possibly Evil Dead, depending how good the transfer is on that particular movie.

fceurich39
07-13-2009, 08:57 PM
While I'm a huge fan of Dawn, I don't see myself getting the UE on Blu. I have the theatrical cut already and it's the cut I'll watch most. The DVD set looks fine upconverted.

The blus I'm interested in is Hellbound, Re-animator and possibly Evil Dead, depending how good the transfer is on that particular movie.

it would be nice to finally have within the woods on the evil dead blu that will be the only way i'll get evil dead on blu-ray

Grim
07-14-2009, 12:57 AM
it would be nice to finally have within the woods on the evil dead blu that will be the only way i'll get evil dead on blu-ray

I'll definitely get Evil Dead on blu. I always thought the quality of the film was extremely good when compared to other 16mm movies. Unfortunately Within the Woods will probably never happen. Too much to do with the music used.

CrazyFatEthel
07-14-2009, 01:09 AM
I think we need Prom Night on Blue!!!!

fceurich39
07-14-2009, 01:11 AM
I think we need Prom Night on Blue!!!!

echo bridge now owns prom night and released a really cheap widescreen dvd 2 years ago but yeah a blu would be nice

Korngold
07-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I love DotD, but my interest is peaked in a Demons/Demons 2 blu-ray release. I really enjoyed those films.

808man
07-14-2009, 02:54 AM
I'll definitely get Evil Dead on blu. I always thought the quality of the film was extremely good when compared to other 16mm movies. Unfortunately Within the Woods will probably never happen. Too much to do with the music used.

yeah they (AB) have alot of material they are holding out on that ED stuff. when the cast was doing the reunions at some of the con's i was lucky enough to video the second one that was held in MD at the Horrorfind. this was when they first started doing the cast readings live of the script and kinda sorta acting it out. a few years later at the same con i spoke w/ the head rep for AB and told him about my footage. we talked about alot of stuff and he said they have alot (maybe way too much) stuff. anyway he sent me an email about a year later wanting my footage so i converted it and sent it to them giving them full rights to use it as long as i got proper credit and a free dvd of whatever it was on. i thought for sure it was gonna be on the 3 dvd set that came out not too long ago. even the ladies of the evil dead had my footage ( i told them they could use it in the doc if they wanted). not sure why it wasn't used? not the best footage but fun to look at! a fella from rue-morgue also filmed that same cast reading. but i lost all his contact info over the years. prob could have been a nice 2 camera edit!

Grim
07-14-2009, 03:57 AM
I love DotD, but my interest is peaked in a Demons/Demons 2 blu-ray release. I really enjoyed those films.

Same here! Those two are pure fun, nothing more and nothing less.

Kim Bruun
07-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Out of those mentioned, I would probably consider C.H.U.D. and Evil Dead. Phantasm and Demons never appealed to me, but I'm happy for the fans.

Now, if Anchor Bay were to release Link, Madman, and Hell Night on Blu-ray, I would pre-order thos ethe moment amazon put them up. And I don't even have a Blu-ray player yet.

vampyr789
07-14-2009, 10:16 AM
also anchor bay is considering releasing a region 1 phantasm silver sphere set having part 1,3,4 and like other recent anchor releases it will probably have a 4th disc being the phantasm blu-ray

WTF??????? :fucked:
why cant they just release the 1,3,4 and NOT have the Blu-ray?!?!!? not everyone owns a blu-ray player!!! this would be the 3rd time they did this if they release it!! Halloween, Hellraiser, and now Phantasm.
why cant they just have the 4th disc being all the extras!?!?!?!?

Buddusky
07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I'll be buying Evil Dead for sure as I've been wondering when this would be coming out and definitely DOTD Ultimate if it happens which I think it will. :D

Odin
07-14-2009, 02:43 PM
re-animator, demons 1 & 2, evil dead, phantasm, hellraiser 2 etc...so much stuff to look forward to :D

Korngold
07-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Out of those mentioned, I would probably consider C.H.U.D. and Evil Dead. Phantasm and Demons never appealed to me, but I'm happy for the fans.

Now, if Anchor Bay were to release Link, Madman, and Hell Night on Blu-ray, I would pre-order thos ethe moment amazon put them up. And I don't even have a Blu-ray player yet.

Those would be awesome as well. Which company currently owns the rights to Maniac? That's one I'd rebuy in a second if it had a new transfer or new features.

As it is the dvd is awesome, but blu-ray could be the icing on the cake.

zombi3
07-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Those would be awesome as well. Which company currently owns the rights to Maniac? That's one I'd rebuy in a second if it had a new transfer or new features.

As it is the dvd is awesome, but blu-ray could be the icing on the cake.

We should be seeing a Maniac 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray soon from Blue Underground. No official release date yet as far as I know.

Odin
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
We should be seeing a Maniac 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray soon from Blue Underground. No official release date yet as far as I know.

:eek: that is gonna be awesome!!!

The Tall Man
07-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Bump ! Anyone know if a Phantasm bluray release is any closer ?

Zombie Dude
07-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Bump ! Anyone know if a Phantasm bluray release is any closer ?

I was thinking about that today funnily enough. I'd love a bluray set if Universal would give up the rights (or lend them) for part 2. Instant buy for me if it happens.

Also, hasn't Anchor Bay lost most of the awesome films it had in its archive? They lost Hellraiser 1 and 2 which Image now owns. Dumb move on Anchor Bay's part, but I guess they've fallen from the once great company they used to be.

JGrendel
07-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I was thinking about that today funnily enough. I'd love a bluray set if Universal would give up the rights (or lend them) for part 2. Instant buy for me if it happens.

Also, hasn't Anchor Bay lost most of the awesome films it had in its archive? They lost Hellraiser 1 and 2 which Image now owns. Dumb move on Anchor Bay's part, but I guess they've fallen from the once great company they used to be.

Ever since they teamed up with Starz Entertainment it just hasn't been the same place.

blu
07-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Ever since they teamed up with Starz Entertainment it just hasn't been the same place.
Agreed. I really want the DOTD UE on BD, but Anchor Bay doesn't seem to be releasing their big guns anymore.

SickNick89
07-29-2011, 08:09 PM
What's the deal with Halloween 4 and 5 on blu ray?

fceurich39
07-29-2011, 09:07 PM

i read on one of the halloween forums message boards both was currently being worked on with new hd special features but that was 3 months ago

JGrendel
07-30-2011, 05:06 AM
i read on one of the halloween forums message boards both was currently being worked on with new hd special features but that was 3 months ago

Well here's hoping they'll be out by Halloween

fceurich39
09-23-2011, 09:47 PM

http://www.facebook.com/halloweenmovies

4 and 5 are still owned by anchor bay and coming soon

SickNick89
09-24-2011, 03:36 AM
Awesome! Just finished watching Halloween II on blu ray then log into to find this.

Nailwraps
09-24-2011, 04:33 AM
This still prooves the Anchor Bay we know and love isn't dead yet! :)

Zombie Dude
09-24-2011, 04:49 AM
This still prooves the Anchor Bay we know and love isn't dead yet! :)

Well lets see what the transfers are like first shall we.

I also hope they still own the Phantasm's and Re-Animator. Plus they better not region lock these discs when they come out.

Nailwraps
09-24-2011, 05:41 AM
We know a Re-Animator Blu-Ray is in the works.

Zombie Dude
09-24-2011, 06:53 AM
We know a Re-Animator Blu-Ray is in the works.

Yes, but we don't know by who.

JGrendel
09-24-2011, 07:34 AM
As far as I know it's still under AB

Shannafey
09-24-2011, 03:30 PM

I hear you on that one!! I might eventually get the theatrical cut on Blu, but that's it!

Grim
09-24-2011, 06:37 PM
As only one of the titles mentioned in the original post has been released by AB and two others were lost to another company, I'll believe that Re-Animator and the Halloween sequels are coming out when I see them. I'm weary now of when old cast and crew for a film make unofficial announcements about new releases of films they were involved with. Let's not forget that a couple years ago Chris Sarandon talked about being involved in special features for a new Fright Night disc and we have still yet to see that, unless they will finally put that stuff on this $40 limited edition coming out.

tropical marsh
09-24-2011, 08:01 PM
As only one of the titles mentioned in the original post has been released by AB and two others were lost to another company, I'll believe that Re-Animator and the Halloween sequels are coming out when I see them. I'm weary now of when old cast and crew for a film make unofficial announcements about new releases of films they were involved with. Let's not forget that a couple years ago Chris Sarandon talked about being involved in special features for a new Fright Night disc and we have still yet to see that, unless they will finally put that stuff on this $40 limited edition coming out.

I think it was semi-confirmed on Facebook by Twilight Time that the only extras included for FN would be an isolated score and the theatrical trailer. Oh, and the price point is $30.

Grim
09-24-2011, 08:05 PM
I think it was semi-confirmed on Facebook by Twilight Time that the only extras included for FN would be an isolated score and the theatrical trailer. Oh, and the price point is $30.

Just that stuff for $30? I'll stick with my HDTV rip until the eventual standard release, even if it's years down the road.

tropical marsh
09-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Just that stuff for $30? I'll stick with my HDTV rip until the eventual standard release, even if it's years down the road.

Yeah, the whole situation kind of sent me into a tizzy at first, but I'm at peace with the idea now. I can live with the price and limited edition bullshit as long as Twilight Time delivers a stellar product similar to Sony's best releases. Cause I have a feeling this might be the only legitimate HD release (physical home media) we ever get.

Grim
09-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah, the whole situation kind of sent me into a tizzy at first, but I'm at peace with the idea now. I can live with the price and limited edition bullshit as long as Twilight Time delivers a stellar product similar to Sony's best releases. Cause I have a feeling this might be the only legitimate HD release (physical home media) we ever get.

True. I say I won't buy it now, but I will probably cave when the preorders go up. It's too much of a favorite of mine.

JGrendel
09-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah but will it be available to outside sellers like Amazon?

tropical marsh
09-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Yeah but will it be available to outside sellers like Amazon?

Not at first, but I'm sure it will eventually show up at places like eBay and Amazon (via third party sellers)--complete with absurdly inflated prices. Why though? Screen Archives doesn't ship to Canada?

Mortis
09-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Fuck, man. I need to get crackin' on a new TV and a BR player. So much sweet shit is on the way. By the way, I was on the mall tour that they used for DotD. If they would have used the other footage that was shot, I would have been right next to Ken when he did the big line.

JGrendel
09-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Not at first, but I'm sure it will eventually show up at places like eBay and Amazon (via third party sellers)--complete with absurdly inflated prices. Why though? Screen Archives doesn't ship to Canada?

Not that I'm aware of.

Matt89
09-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Bay Street Video in downtown Toronto gets the screen archives discs. At least, they had their blu ray release of The Egyptian. It was only like $30.

~Matt

JGrendel
09-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm thinking I might need to go to my local video store & see if they can order it in, that's if I even want to pay the $30 bucks.

maverick96
02-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Any new info on the release of Phantasm 1,2,4 on BR? I wrote Anchor Bay but haven't heard anything. Universal replied to me about Phantasm 2 saying that there are no current plans to release it on BR.

jonathan2340
02-06-2012, 07:00 AM
I like this post. keep it up.

maverick96
02-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Please come by and like us. ("Phantasm on Blu-Ray" via Facebook)

Trying to get a petition together to support the release of the Phantasm series on Blu-ray. Thanks guys!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phanta...69357326458180

buck135
04-04-2012, 08:59 AM
I emailed Anchor Bay about a possible Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition set on blu-ray. The response was " At this time we do not have anything on our schedule regarding this release." Oh well.

SickNick89
04-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Any word on Halloween 4 and 5?

spawningblue
04-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Where the hell are any of the releases they said they were looking on three years ago!? All Anchor Bay puts out now is crap DTV movies. Are they really selling that well? They have put out like one good Blu Ray a year.

elDomenechHDG
04-05-2012, 02:03 PM
So sad about Dawn of the Dead - a quintessential film and arguably the best zombie movie ever made and they "don't have it on their schedule"? Well, why the hell not? Too busy crapping out the latest DTV abomination? You know, I hate to say this, mainly because the old AB put out so many of my favorite movies, but I really wish Anchor Bay would go away. Like, permanently.

dave13
04-05-2012, 02:23 PM
how long do these guys take to respond to emails, typically? i sent one a week or so ago, asking if there were any plans to revisit Herzog's Nosferatu in HD, and I haven't heard anything yet.