PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Creeps will be in HD!

indiephantom
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3185

Night of the Creeps, great choice for blu-ray. It's funny how some of the longest waits on DVD (Screwballs, Being There, Faces of Death, etc.) have hit this format early!
:banana: great news!

MorallySound
07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Fuck yes!

Mutilated Prey
07-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Now we're talkin'!

Now I don't feel so bad about upgrading my bootlegs :)

SaviniFan
07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm on it. It's good to be blu. :)

dickieduvet
07-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Tom Atkins on Blu = Awesome

CrazyFatEthel
07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Wait, it going to be released ONLY on blueray?!?

Angelman
07-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Awesome. Now somebody get Lustig to do Zombie in blu.

Korngold
07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Wait, it going to be released ONLY on blueray?!?

No, there will be both a dvd and blu release.

Also I echo the previous poster on a Zombie blu-ray...although I really would like the Beyond to be first.;)

fceurich39
07-28-2009, 08:09 PM
not sure now if i want dvd or blu-ray i mean picture quality blu-ray put i want it to match alongside with my monster squad dvd and with the dvd i can i am also wondering besides BD live will there be an exclusive features on blu-ray as of right now there is only trivia track and of course BD live and blu-ray is only going to be single disc and it's looking like the dvd will be a 2 disc correct?

also i hope both versions will come with a slipcase

Mutilated Prey
07-28-2009, 08:33 PM
not sure now if i want dvd or blu-ray i mean picture quality blu-ray put i want it to match alongside with my monster squad dvd and with the dvd i can i am also wondering besides BD live will there be an exclusive features on blu-ray as of right now there is only trivia track and of course BD live and blu-ray is only going to be single disc and it's looking like the dvd will be a 2 disc correct?

Dood, did BrokeNads hijack your pc? :lol:

Matt89
07-28-2009, 08:34 PM
It's funny how some of the longest waits on DVD (Screwballs, Being There, Faces of Death, etc.) have hit this format early!

Yeah I was gonna say...

But hmm...I actually might check this out then. It's one horror film I've actually never gotten around to seeing.

~Matt

Matt89
07-28-2009, 08:37 PM

I seriously don't mean to be a dick, but would it kill you to throw in a couple of fuckin' periods here and there? Just so I (and other people) know where your sentences end and others begin. I had to read that first - I dunno, wouldn't call it a sentence - uhhh..."collection of words" like 3 times before I could even understand what you were saying. :lol:

~Matt

indiephantom
07-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I seriously don't mean to be a dick, but would it kill you to throw in a couple of fuckin' periods here and there?
~Matt

:lol: "here and there" may not be the answer!

Matt89
07-28-2009, 08:54 PM
LMAO. It's just funny though. I mean, reading peoples' posts, you kindof get an idea of how they speak in real life. Fceurich's posts...as hard as they are to understand sometimes, they just end up making me laugh my ass off because I picture him talking like that in real life. :lol:

~Matt

fceurich39
07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
LMAO. It's just funny though. I mean, reading peoples' posts, you kindof get an idea of how they speak in real life. Fceurich's posts...as hard as they are to understand sometimes, they just end up making me laugh my ass off because I picture him talking like that in real life. :lol:

~Matt

Yeah i have a tendency to type things in a hurry.

indiephantom
07-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah i have a tendency to type things in a hurry.

it's become your style now, so don't change it! :spit:

KamuiX
07-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Well, now I'm officially excited :D

X-human
07-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Never noticed with the SD announcements that they're doing a Director's Cut. So that's pretty damn sweet. I'll be getting it on Blu for sure.

Katatonia
07-29-2009, 02:02 AM
I mentioned this was coming to Blu-ray last week in the NOTC thread. I guess nobody paid attention! :evil: j/k

vampyr789
07-29-2009, 02:19 AM
yet still no cover art announcement....

Matt89
07-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Knowing Sony they'll probably fuck it up hardcore.

~Matt

vampyr789
07-29-2009, 02:33 AM
yea they probably will, so i shouldnt get my hopes up for an original poster art cover

indiephantom
07-29-2009, 02:59 AM
I mentioned this was coming to Blu-ray last week in the NOTC thread. I guess nobody paid attention! :evil: j/k

Shit, I think I've done this to you before. Sorry, but it belongs in this forum! :D;)

indiephantom
07-29-2009, 03:00 AM
yea they probably will, so i shouldnt get my hopes up for an original poster art cover

I'm guessing it will have the winning art from Amazon? :hum:

Grim
07-29-2009, 04:35 AM
The cover art could be a picture of a turd for all I care, I'm getting this sucker the day it comes out.

vampyr789
07-29-2009, 04:41 AM
The cover art could be a picture of a turd for all I care, I'm getting this sucker the day it comes out.

well of course. im just sayin, if it had the original cover art, that would be the cherry on top

Matt89
07-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Well Sony just released The Deep on blu-ray and it had the original art, so there could be SOME hope. Combined with the blue blu-ray case, it looks fucking awesome. Jaws would look sick in a blu-ray case as well. Now, if only Universal would RELEASE IT.

~Matt

indiephantom
07-29-2009, 05:48 AM
Well Sony just released The Deep on blu-ray and it had the original art, so there could be SOME hope. Combined with the blue blu-ray case, it looks fucking awesome. Jaws would look sick in a blu-ray case as well. Now, if only Universal would RELEASE IT.

~Matt

Love The Deep artwork. I have the first pressing of the DVD from '99 and it's the same. I'm thinking I might have to upgrade down the road...tempted.

Matt89
07-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Love The Deep artwork. I have the first pressing of the DVD from '99 and it's the same. I'm thinking I might have to upgrade down the road...tempted.

Yeah I had that EXACT DVD. I already got rid of it cuz I think I'm gonna get the blu-ray soon.

I always loved the artwork to The Deep. The artwork to The Island is pretty good too.

~Matt

Katatonia
07-29-2009, 07:34 AM

~Matt

It's a nice release too. Not packed, but at least they included the original featurette and some of the scenes from the 3-hour version.

'98. ;) they actually reissued it in '99 with different coverart...and then later reissued it with only the Fullscreen version of the film on the disc.

springjack
07-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Please... Let this be region free..
________
Mercedes-Benz World (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_World)

Buddusky
07-29-2009, 03:18 PM
I have an all Region Blu Ray player so it will be mine. Going back to the cover, fingers crossed it has the original artwork but it will probably be one of the shitty covers from Amazon. It's the discs contents thats the main thing though. :D

Marv Inc.
07-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Please... Let this be region free..

Same here, the film never gets shown in the UK and i've never seen it. It's gotta work on My Region B PS3. Being a Sony release though its a safe bet to think it will be Region A:(

fceurich39
08-01-2009, 05:33 AM
is this the blu-ray artwork??? if so waaay better than the 3 dvd choices click here

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?has=night+of+the+creeps&rgn=us&init_form=str0_has_night+of+the+creeps*rgn_us

Grim
08-01-2009, 05:56 AM
is this the blu-ray artwork??? if so waaay better than the 3 dvd choices click here

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?has=night+of+the+creeps&rgn=us&init_form=str0_has_night+of+the+creeps*rgn_us

It says right there that it represents promo or poster material. Even the DVD there has the poster art. That'd be sweet if that was the cover though. Guess we'll see.

Katatonia
08-10-2009, 02:55 AM
The Blu-ray is up for pre-order at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KPUN0K/) now.

Mutilated Prey
08-10-2009, 02:59 AM
Nicey Nice!

CrazyFatEthel
08-10-2009, 06:46 AM
I cant fucking wait!!! The next few months are going to be sheer hell money wise, and intoxicatingly fun viewing wise. :)

vampyr789
08-10-2009, 07:15 AM

i sure hope so!!!!! they are both original posters!!!! :banana:

CrazyFatEthel
08-10-2009, 07:18 AM
i sure hope so!!!!! they are both original posters!!!! :banana:

Hey! Since you live in Texas like I do. I gotta ask, when do you go back to school? I have to go back Aug. 24. :cry:

vampyr789
08-10-2009, 07:23 AM
yea i go back on the 24th im going to a public school (i was supposed to be going to a catholic school, but i couldnt b/c of the economy...) and all my friends start a week b4...on the 17th haha

CrazyFatEthel
08-10-2009, 07:38 AM
yea i go back on the 24th im going to a public school (i was supposed to be going to a catholic school, but i couldnt b/c of the economy...) and all my friends start a week b4...on the 17th haha

Lmao, what school you going to?

vampyr789
08-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Shepton High School its in plano. i was supposed to go to Bishop Lynch

Angelman
08-10-2009, 08:12 AM
This may be the title that gets me to buy a blu-ray player. I've been stalling, but this movie is in my top 5, easy (and when I say top 5 I mean top 5 movies I actually like, vs the top 5 I list that are "good movies").

I hope that is the artwork too. Same as the poster hanging in my place.

Matt89
08-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Shepton High School its in plano. i was supposed to go to Bishop Lynch

Fuck, how expensive are Catholic schools in the states? I went to a catholic school my whole life. Elementary and high school. They're free here, you just have to be Catholic. (All you have to pay are your $85 activity fees each year - that's how much it was anyway when I was in high school - and the uniform.)

~Matt

vampyr789
08-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Fuck, how expensive are Catholic schools in the states? I went to a catholic school my whole life. Elementary and high school. They're free here, you just have to be Catholic. (All you have to pay are your $85 activity fees each year - that's how much it was anyway when I was in high school - and the uniform.)

~Matt

.....BL is $11,000 a year
after two years at shepton, my parents told me that i might be able to go there.

Matt89
08-10-2009, 09:01 AM
.....BL is $11,000 a year
after two years at shepton, my parents told me that i might be able to go there.

Fuckin' Christ (no pun intended) that's expensive! That's a little less than what it costs me for 2 years of university. The American education system is so ridiculously overpriced it's not even funny. Then again, we get taxed WAY more here than you guys do in the states. Our sales tax alone (in Ontario anyway) is 13%.

~Matt

vampyr789
08-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Fuckin' Christ (no pun intended) that's expensive! That's a little less than what it costs me for 2 years of university.

~Matt

tell me about it...my parents told me its like paying for college...and i want to go to UCLA or NYU

X-human
08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Our sales tax alone (in Ontario anyway) is 13%.

And people here in Chicago are screaming because it was just raised to 10%.

is this the blu-ray artwork??? if so waaay better than the 3 dvd choices

No, that's just art someone threw in there for the original submissions. It says "Picture represents movie poster or promo material." A common practice on DVDAf for items without covers.

Grim
08-10-2009, 05:59 PM
And people here in Chicago are screaming because it was just raised to 10%.

Shit man, we were pissed when it went from 5% to 6%.

fceurich39
08-10-2009, 06:07 PM
i still am wondering if the blu-ray will have seamless branching with the theatrical ending or not?

spawningblue
08-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Fuckin' Christ (no pun intended) that's expensive! That's a little less than what it costs me for 2 years of university. The American education system is so ridiculously overpriced it's not even funny. Then again, we get taxed WAY more here than you guys do in the states. Our sales tax alone (in Ontario anyway) is 13%.

~Matt

Don't forget we have free health care as well.

Katatonia
08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
It looks like the release date of both the DVD and Blu-ray has been pushed back a week to October 27th now, at least according to Amazon.

vampyr789
08-14-2009, 03:01 AM
i still am wondering if the blu-ray will have seamless branching with the theatrical ending or not?

is the DVD gonna have seamless branching w/ both endings???? :confused:

fceurich39
08-14-2009, 04:21 AM
It looks like the release date of both the DVD and Blu-ray has been pushed back a week to October 27th now, at least according to Amazon.

i don't think an official release have even been officially has there it has just been posted on a few websites on when it is coming

Katatonia
08-14-2009, 08:19 AM
i don't think an official release have even been officially has there it has just been posted on a few websites on when it is coming

I think it's already been announced to retailers. DVDPacific, Buy.com and several other online stores are already listing it for sale on October 20th. Amazon has updated the release date to October 27th however.

fceurich39
08-14-2009, 04:57 PM
I think it's already been announced to retailers. DVDPacific, Buy.com and several other online stores are already listing it for sale on October 20th. Amazon has updated the release date to October 27th however.

i sure hope the release date doesn't start jumping around

chrismac87
08-14-2009, 08:02 PM
They'll have it out by October for sure.

They're piggy-backing on their theatrical release ZOMBIE LAND. So there's no reason that it won't be out by the end of October the latest.

Grim
08-19-2009, 06:53 PM
It's been pushed back one week to the 27th. http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Disc_Announcements/Sony/Night_of_the_Creeps:_Directors_Cut_Blu-ray_Delayed_/3259

Stige
08-19-2009, 09:08 PM
any news on region code for the blu ray?

vampyr789
08-19-2009, 11:29 PM
and still no news on the cover art....

wait, does that mean the DVD is pushed back too??

Angelman
08-19-2009, 11:48 PM
and still no news on the cover art....

wait, does that mean the DVD is pushed back too??

I would imagine that is the case.

Katatonia
08-20-2009, 01:43 AM
It's been pushed back one week to the 27th. http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Disc_Announcements/Sony/Night_of_the_Creeps:_Directors_Cut_Blu-ray_Delayed_/3259

My post on the 13th now has confirmation. :p

CrazyFatEthel
08-20-2009, 03:54 AM
I'm getting sick and tired of DVD's constantly being pushed back... :mad:

Matt89
08-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Calm down, it's only a week. It's not like Sony and the BS they pulled with Taxi Driver. They delayed it (was supposed to be released in Feb) and still have not given it a new release date. Sony also announced On the Waterfront for region 'B' (but was apparently supposed to be region free) and then it too was delayed...still no new release date.

One week is nothing.

~Matt

CrazyFatEthel
08-20-2009, 04:05 AM
Calm down, it's only a week. It's not like Sony and the BS they pulled with Taxi Driver. They delayed it (was supposed to be released in Feb) and still have not given it a new release date. Sony also announced On the Waterfront for region 'B' (but was apparently supposed to be region free) and then it too was delayed...still no new release date.

One week is nothing.

~Matt

Yeah, but usually it starts dragging out more and more, until its about 2 months late...

Workshed
08-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Not a big delay by any means. I do wonder, and this happened last year too, why companies choose to release Horror-themed DVDs so late into October. You'd think consumers would be more susceptible to buying these genre DVDs in that month, why not give them more time?

Grim
08-20-2009, 05:56 AM
My post on the 13th now has confirmation. :p

Woops! Didn't even see that! Oh well, this thread needed a bump!:D

vampyr789
08-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Yeah, but usually it starts dragging out more and more, until its about 2 months late...

calm down....calm down.....it will be released

CrazyFatEthel
08-20-2009, 06:02 AM
calm down....calm down.....it will be released

*Grabs paper bag for ventellation* Thanks Vampyr!!!:D

vampyr789
08-20-2009, 06:15 AM
lol :lol:

X-human
08-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I do wonder, and this happened last year too, why companies choose to release Horror-themed DVDs so late into October. You'd think consumers would be more susceptible to buying these genre DVDs in that month, why not give them more time?

New Release shelf sells the best, and the more on top of Halloween you can get the better. Release too soon and you'll be pushed out of the way when it's closest to Halloween. I guess.

As fans we're kinda the exception, the whole month is Halloween. To most people Halloween is between 3PM and 7PM on the 31st and that's about it.

CrazyFatEthel
08-20-2009, 07:13 AM
New Release shelf sells the best, and the more on top of Halloween you can get the better. Release too soon and you'll be pushed out of the way when it's closest to Halloween. I guess.

As fans we're kinda the exception, the whole month is Halloween. To most people Halloween is between 3PM and 7PM on the 31st and that's about it.

Halloween night-November morning is where the real funs at!!!:glasses:

Workshed
08-20-2009, 07:32 AM

ruining it for the rest of us, imo. :rolleyes::joshua:

Katatonia
08-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Woops! Didn't even see that! Oh well, this thread needed a bump!:D

:lol: Just joking man! :)

Sucks that we have to wait another week, but thankfully it's only a week...for now! :nervous:

Grim
08-20-2009, 08:10 AM
The fact that Sony is actually releasing this on blu has me pumped for more cult classics from them and from MGM's catalog. Fright Night, Return of the Living Dead, From Beyond, Escape From New York, Dressed to Kill, Body Double, bring em on!

Angelman
08-21-2009, 02:31 AM
The fact that Sony is actually releasing this on blu has me pumped for more cult classics from them and from MGM's catalog. Fright Night, Return of the Living Dead, From Beyond, Escape From New York, Dressed to Kill, Body Double, bring em on!

Agreed.

HellRazor
08-21-2009, 05:19 AM
Do it now.

Grim
08-25-2009, 06:47 AM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17180 Here's your coverart.

Flame on.

EDIT: Realize this was posted in the General forum too, but I know some are getting the blu and might only be following this thread.

springjack
08-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Damn... It was none of the covers I?ve voted for...

Blu-Ray one looks better than the dvd... And the yellow:mad:
________
MEXICO CITY HOTELS (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

Katatonia
08-25-2009, 08:03 AM
I prefer the DVD's coverart. The Blu-ray cover looks like some cheap DTV rental cover.

Sony... :rolleyes:

Workshed
08-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I don't mind the DVD cover art, esp. since it makes use of the 1950s portion of the film (my favorite part).

Angelman
08-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Prefer the Blu Ray art, good, since that is what I bought.

thrashard76
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
I dig the Bluray one most. I'll be getting that too.

Matt89
08-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Meh, it could be worse. But wow, Sony really fucking sucks when it comes to cover art. Why must they make everything look like a DTV movie? I was SHOCKED that they actually used the original artwork for The Deep on blu-ray.

But I honestly don't understand the need to change a film's artwork. I mean they wouldn't change the artwork of an album cover, so why do it with films?

Either way, I'm getting this on blu. Looks pretty sweet.

~Matt

Matt89
08-25-2009, 04:39 PM

I watched Dressed to Kill a couple months ago after not having seen it in some time and yeah....that movie SERIOUSLY needs a remaster. I'd kill for Fright Night and Escape From New York, though. However, we can only hope that Fox follows suit, seeing how Dressed to Kill and Escape From New York are now owned by them.

~Matt

dave13
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
yeah, that blu ray cover looks terrible! at least the dvd cover has some atmosphere going for it...nice 50's-style scifi business. but i agree that they should have just kept the original artwork. that tagline doesn't really work anymore, especially on the blu ray cover.

i was also really disappointed that they switched the artwork for monster squad. poor fred dekkar.

fceurich39
08-25-2009, 08:16 PM
i think the reason sony didn't use the original artwork cause they never fully owned the film frombeginning like they did with ghostbusters and the deep

Matt89
08-25-2009, 08:26 PM
i think the reason sony didn't use the original artwork cause they never fully owned the film frombeginning like they did with ghostbusters and the deep

Well...Sony never owned ANYTHING from the beginning, because well...it's Sony. All these films were owned by Columbia. Then Sony bought out Columbia and acquired the rights to all their films. It wasn't a rights issue. That's never the reason, and if it is...it's a fucking poor excuse. They can SO easily acquire the rights to the artwork, they're just fucking lazy. Look at Happy Birthday to Me, they had different artwork and after people complained, they used the original artwork as the insert! And then there was the music issue...how come Anchor Bay is now releasing it with the original score? It was simple to acquire the rights, Sony was just lazy.

~Matt

f.ramses
08-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Man, that BD cover sucks and the DVD cover isn't so hot either. Oh well, at least the movie is good...

Fall Break
08-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I want to buy it but I will just download it now. Screw this release. I guess I will just have to get Night of the Dribbler in it's place.

Hellbilly
08-25-2009, 11:16 PM
The Blu-ray cover looks like some cheap DTV rental cover.

Sony... :rolleyes:

Sony's marketing department probably thinks they will sell more copies with "contemporary" art like that. And I'm sure they will. There's a whole new dumb generation to be fooled into believing they rented/bought a new product, and not some old shit ;)

The cover art sucks but I don't care. I'm just glad to get this puppy on bluray after all.

Katatonia
08-26-2009, 01:31 AM
There's a whole new dumb generation to be fooled into believing they rented/bought a new product, and not some old shit ;).

...and they're a dumber generation than ever before, sadly. :nervous:

chrismac87
08-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Can't believe there are some people that are not going to buy this because of the cover art. I'm personally just thrilled it's coming out at all, I'm not even considering the fact that it's packed with special features and is finally the way the director always intended it to be.

I could care less what the cover art looks like at this point, I'm buying it no matter what.

If it's really that unpleasing to the eye, hey that's why people make custom covers. Doesn't bother me in the least bit.

I'll be buying both the Blu Ray and DVD release for sure.

Mutilated Prey
08-26-2009, 04:17 AM
^ Why would you buy both releases? For the different cover art? ;)

horrorlover
08-26-2009, 04:25 AM
I'll be buying the blu ray of this one, I don't care about artwork, I don't sit and stare at my boxart, I just watch the movies :)

CrazyFatEthel
08-26-2009, 05:07 AM
I'll be buying the blu ray of this one, I don't care about artwork, I don't sit and stare at my boxart, I just watch the movies :)

I do...:D

fceurich39
08-26-2009, 05:36 AM
^ Why would you buy both releases? For the different cover art? ;)

cause he is a huge fan

i am still undecided if i want dvd or blu-ray i guess whichever is easier to find in stores

Grim
08-26-2009, 06:33 AM

Amen. In ten or fifteen years there probably won't even be box art anymore.

chrismac87
08-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Actually I'm buying both because I have friends who still don't have Blu Ray players and I'd love to bring this over to their house to give it a spin.

That and yes, I'm a huge fan. :banana:

fceurich39
09-19-2009, 11:50 PM
blu-ray back artwork
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1489117&tab=5&back=1&anchor=1#topoftabs

HellRazor
09-20-2009, 12:36 AM
What could be more awesome than the ORIGINAL poster art?

"The good news is your date is here. The bad news is... he's dead!"

Best catch phrase ever!

chrismac87
09-20-2009, 06:36 AM
Well, I'm working on a custom cover - really it was only a matter of time - I literally just started MAYBE 10 minutes ago...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/a_little_voice/notccovertemp.jpg

...what does everyone think so far?

bigdaddyhorse
09-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Well, I'm working on a custom cover - really it was only a matter of time - I literally just started MAYBE 10 minutes ago...

...what does everyone think so far?

I perfer the original font for the title, but what you have is kinda cool looking too. Definitly used the right art.:)

chrismac87
09-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Well I do as well, but I matched the font they used on the DVD/Blu Ray...it's not exact, but it's damn near close. I'm just a stickler for those kinds of things...the cover may be custom...but fonts gotta match...

bigdaddyhorse
09-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Well I do as well, but I matched the font they used on the DVD/Blu Ray...it's not exact, but it's damn near close. I'm just a stickler for those kinds of things...the cover may be custom...but fonts gotta match...

Ahhh, gotcha.
Where have I seen that font before? Thought it was My Bloody Valentine remake, but it isn't.

chrismac87
09-20-2009, 07:19 AM
I have no idea, it was a pain to track down one like it though! Like I said it's not exact, but close enough!

chrismac87
09-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Still working on it, just playing around with ideas at the moment;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/a_little_voice/notc3dcover2.jpg

Suggestions are welcome!

fceurich39
09-20-2009, 04:43 PM

pretty good that cover as well as the vhs cover is way better than the two dvd/blu-ray covers

spawningblue
09-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Still working on it, just playing around with ideas at the moment;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/a_little_voice/notc3dcover2.jpg

Suggestions are welcome!

Dude you need to get a job designing those for DVD companies! That and the Video Dead were both really well done, better then any of the crap the companies come up with.

chrismac87
09-21-2009, 10:12 PM
I started a new thread here (http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=39712), check it out!

17thJuggalo
09-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Dude you need to get a job designing those for DVD companies! That and the Video Dead were both really well done, better then any of the crap the companies come up with.

Damn, I agree man. Excellent work.

Nailwraps
10-13-2009, 07:32 PM
The Blu-Ray has been reviewed!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Night-of-the-Creeps-Blu-ray-Review/6456/

norliss
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM

Thanks for that. A very encouraging review: just need to find out if it's region-locked now. I sincerely hope not!

Mutilated Prey
10-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Yah Mon! Can't wait.

Buddusky
10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks for that. A very encouraging review: just need to find out if it's region-locked now. I sincerely hope not!

It says Region A B C on the back of the cover but I'd wait until it's confirmed.

I've got a multiregion player and have had this booked for about a month so I'm just hoping it gets posted out early.

Katatonia
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
That review certainly makes me want this one faster! :evil:

It says Region A B C on the back of the cover but I'd wait until it's confirmed.

I'd also wait if you're overseas. I have at least one Blu-ray in my collection that says A B C on the back cover, but has been confirmed as Region A locked.

captain_brandon
10-13-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm ordering this tomorrow :D

fceurich39
10-15-2009, 12:23 AM
does the dvd going to have deleted scenes also??? the reason i ask is cause here has new clips
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17705/

but it says deleted scenes for blu-ray not dvd but the back cover art for the dvd says deleted scenes

dickieduvet
10-15-2009, 01:17 AM
My Blu has shipped from PlayUSA should be here by Monday at the latest :)

vampyr789
10-15-2009, 02:50 AM
WTF IF THE DVD DOSENT GET THE DELETED SCENES IM GONNA SHIT MYSELF (sorry..lol i would just piss me off on so many levels...)

fceurich39
10-15-2009, 02:54 AM
well from sony's website here is the link it says it will
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/catalog/catalogDetail_DVD043396299399.html
and back cover also says deleted scenes
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1489121&tab=5&back=1&anchor=1#topoftabs

vampyr789
10-15-2009, 02:56 AM
*phew...* sorry about that...i just really mad for a quick second lol.

fceurich39
10-15-2009, 04:21 AM
*phew...* sorry about that...i just really mad for a quick second lol.

same here i just hope they didn't change it and take them out at the last minute to make it a blu-ray exclusive i sure hope anyone who finds a dvd review will let us know or gets the dvd early

vampyr789
10-15-2009, 04:50 AM
same here i just hope they didn't change it and take them out at the last minute to make it a blu-ray exclusive i sure hope anyone who finds a dvd review will let us know or gets the dvd early

yea me too...caz that would suck..big time. i hate how BD gets exclusives...(Trick r' Treat, and Friday the 13th remake)

BlackAndBlu81
10-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I agree with Blu-ray's having exclusive content. They cost more money then dvd's. Therefore I feel they should have more features then dvd's.

dickieduvet
10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Watched it today on Blu-Ray, It's a thing of beauty. The transfer is stunning and there are plenty of extras, A great 1 hour making of.., A great 20 min sitdown with Tom Atkins where he discusses his whole career, Commentaries, 7mins of deleted scenes and a trivia track.

One of the best release of the year so far, :banana:

BlackAndBlu81
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Where did you get it already??? Please tell me LOL.

dickieduvet
10-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Where did you get it already??? Please tell me LOL.

I import most of my Blu-Ray's from PlayUSA or Movietyme. I don't understand why I get the US Blu-rays here in the UK before you guys :)

fceurich39
10-20-2009, 01:10 AM
I import most of my Blu-Ray's from PlayUSA or Movietyme. I don't understand why I get the US Blu-rays here in the UK before you guys :)

does it have a slipcase or insert

dickieduvet
10-20-2009, 03:28 AM
does it have a slipcase or insert

Neither :(

Does have inside cover pics though to see when the case is open, Not much consolation though, I love slipcases.

SickNick89
10-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Just got my copy today. Can't wait to go home and pop it in.

MisterTwister
10-23-2009, 12:08 AM
I''m going to wait and see if any stores around me are selling it before I order it online.

Can't wait to re-watch it. Excellent flick.

fceurich39
10-23-2009, 07:33 PM
walmart will get the dvd for sure i am hoping they'll have the blu-ray since this week they got the dvd and blu-ray of a much less anticipated film sony film called Blood the last vampire

but then again it is walmart they didn't even get trick r treat blu-ray so who knows

also my bestbuy only gonna have 2 copies of the dvd but none of the blu-ray looks like i am gonna have to rely on my local record store to get this hopefully

also i heard the dvd/blu-ray doesn't have a slipcase or an insert with original artwork/liner notes like monster squad dvd and the old OOP happy birthday to me had also has

BlackAndBlu81
10-23-2009, 08:16 PM
I ordered my blu-ray from Diabolikdvd. I should have it tomorrow. I cant fucking wait. The only gripe I can see having is that they didnt do seemless branching with the endings.

Nocturnaloner
10-26-2009, 05:32 AM
I live in the States, and I got my blu ray on Tuesday from PlayUSA. I haven't watched the movie yet, just flipped through some chapters, and watched some of the features, but damn, it looks great! Especially considering its age and budget. I never imagined that we would get such a great release of a little known horror film. You bet your ass I am thrilled! Deleted scenes are one of the features. I also really dig that the original ending is intact. After seeing it, (on the dvd-r from cable) I have no need of the doggie ending at all.

vampyr789
10-26-2009, 07:11 AM
The only gripe I can see having is that they didnt do seemless branching with the endings.

yea has this been said or not?? its really bugging me! i just want to know if we can watch both endings in the movie

chrismac87
10-26-2009, 09:23 AM
yea has this been said or not?? its really bugging me! i just want to know if we can watch both endings in the movie

No, there's no seemless branching. Apparently the idea was there, but Fred Dekker didn't really even want it on the disc as an extra - let alone attached to the film in any way. It was never intended to be the ending, it was the studio's idea and he's apparently hated it from day one.

So I guess it's luck that we even got it as an extra.

fceurich39
10-26-2009, 05:27 PM
another review here!
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/adamjahnke/jahnke102309.html

fceurich39
10-26-2009, 08:07 PM
i just came back and got this from my local record store very awesome blu-ray

KGBRadioMoskow
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
I never imagined that we would get such a great release of a little known horror film.

I sure hope NotC isn't really considered "little known". Otherwise the chances of getting official DVDs of the definitely lesser known films on my hit list will be slim and none.

Nailwraps
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Night Of The Creeps if finally on DVD and Blu-Ray! Get your copy today! And to celebrate, here's another Blu-Ray review.:

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/night-of-the-creeps-directors-cut.html

Katatonia
10-27-2009, 04:16 PM
My Blu-ray shall be here later today. Amazon shipped it out via free upgraded overnight shipping, and that's why I absolutely love being a Prime member. :)

Grim
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Mine just shipped along with Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Hardware, and Natural Born Killers. Can't wait!

Sam
10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll buy it regardless, but how does the blu compare to the HD broadcast that's been aired several times in the past?

Reviewed here: http://www.horrordvds.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=614 (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/../viewarticle.php?articleid=614)

Angelman
10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Just landed on my desk. Can't wait to watch it tonight in BLU!

Nailwraps
10-27-2009, 09:26 PM
I'll buy it regardless, but how does the blu compare to the HD broadcast that's been aired several times in the past?

Reviewed here last year: http://www.horrordvds.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=697

The the review for the HD Broadcast of The Gate. The HD Broadcast review of Night Of The Creeps right here.

http://www.horrordvds.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=614

Sam
10-27-2009, 10:36 PM
The the review for the HD Broadcast of The Gate. The HD Broadcast review of Night Of The Creeps right here.

http://www.horrordvds.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=614

Yeah, my bad. I was looking at both at the time I posted that. :cool:

Nocturnaloner
10-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I sure hope NotC isn't really considered "little known".
Unfortunately, yeah, it really is little known, especially as far as the general public is concerned.

Otherwise the chances of getting official DVDs of the definitely lesser known films on my hit list will be slim and none.

I know what you mean. The DVD format is almost 15 years old now, so if it hasn't happened yet, chances getting very slim. Just pray that blu-ray survives, along with the idea of actually owning your own video library.

Katatonia
10-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, it looks and sounds great! The picture quality was very nice for an 80's film, and the DTS Master Audio track sounded far better than I imagined it would.

It was nice to see the cast reunion interviews, in HD! I haven't had a chance to listen to the commentaries, yet.

Sony really did a great job on this one, thankfully...even if the Blu-ray's coverart blows and looks like a disco ball scene.

Vortex
10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Gonna grab this shortly. Does it have one of those Bluray promos mixed in with the trailers? Sony is notorious for putting those on their product.

ronnie21
10-29-2009, 01:23 AM
so, i wonder which looks better, the blu- ray or the standard dvd?????

brainslasher
10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Just got done watching the standard DVD.. it looks and sounds great. After all these years waiting for a release, it was so nice to finally kick back and enjoy this one. Also nice to see some decent extras, I especially liked the Tom Atkins: Man of Action featurette.. as I am a HUGE fan of his. Weak cover art aside, this was a very solid release, definitely worth the wait. Too bad Universal couldnt do the same thing for Phantasm II...

Katatonia
10-30-2009, 02:47 AM
so, i wonder which looks better, the blu- ray or the standard dvd?????

You're kidding, right? :eek2:

Mutilated Prey
10-30-2009, 02:58 AM
You're kidding, right? :eek2:

:lol:

I wonder what looks better - my old VHS tape recorded from HBO on EP (SLP) speed or the Blu.

ronnie21
10-30-2009, 12:32 PM
hey i read some reviews on the blu-ray and it said the pictures all grainy .. just because somethings on blu-ray doesnt mean its gonna look like star wars, I seen dvds that look better than certain blu-rays in transfer.

Vortex
10-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Does the Bluray have one of those Bluray promos mixed in with the trailers?

bigdaddyhorse
10-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Does the Bluray have one of those Bluray promos mixed in with the trailers?

The previews aren't forced on you (it loads, then goes right to a main menu) so I can't say as I didn't bother to watch them.
Yes this BD is very grainy in parts, but most of it is beautiful.

SaviniFan
10-30-2009, 06:02 PM
I seen dvds that look better than certain blu-rays in transfer.

Such as.....?

I agree that I have seen some blu-rays that were marginal upgrades which didn't warrant a double dip, but I have yet to see a blu that was substandard when compared to the DVD of the same film.

Dave
10-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Coolest disc ever if only for the fact that they interview some guy with the Night of the Creep laserdisc at the June 2009 theatrical showing.

bigdaddyhorse
10-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Such as.....?

I agree that I have seen some blu-rays that were marginal upgrades which didn't warrant a double dip, but I have yet to see a blu that was substandard when compared to the DVD of the same film.

I'm not sure if it was afternoon glare or what, but I swear the dvd for True Romance (the 2-disc) looked better than the BD. The BD was too dark and didn't offer much if any better resolution when I compared 3-4 scenes back to back. The dvd colors had more life and the scene at Drexel's was clearer since the BD was too dark, losing details in the blacks. At least that's one title I won't have to worry about upgrading, although it sucks as i was looking forward to getting one of my favs on Blu. Thankfully I read reviews first which said it wasn't great, so then I checked the BD out from the library to see for myself. Even long city shots didn't differ much from DVD to BD. Oh yeah, and way too much dnr making faces look plastic.

ronnie21
10-30-2009, 11:07 PM
yo, read the blu-ray reviews on dvd talk, and you will see most older films dont transfer over well on blu-ray... now if only we could get direct rips onto dvd from the Monsters HD that would be cool, cause thats a clean transfer.

ronnie21
10-31-2009, 12:00 AM
i also hate when people do dvd reviews, and review the movie only. and say nothing about the picture or audio. i mean arent theere thousands of reviews of the movie on the net anyway..

Katatonia
10-31-2009, 12:52 AM
hey i read some reviews on the blu-ray and it said the pictures all grainy .. just because somethings on blu-ray doesnt mean its gonna look like star wars, I seen dvds that look better than certain blu-rays in transfer.

I've got news for you... film is generally grainy by its very nature. With increased resolution and detail, you're going to notice the natural film grain present.

Regardless, Night of the Creeps looks and sounds fantastic on Blu-ray, and there's no way the DVD could beat it in this case, especially since they both come sourced from the same master transfer.

Grim
10-31-2009, 01:40 AM

Here we come to the grain issue again. Yeah, you might have more grain with a blu-ray release, but that's only because the image is clearer. Grain is in film. It's a part of it. You're going to see it, especially in HD films. It's there in the DVD versions too, it's just too blurry to see. But hey, if you like less detail and duller colors, fine by me. And I would like to know of some films where the DVD is better than the blu-ray.

EDIT: Didn't know Katatonia covered much of what I said. My bad.

ronnie21
10-31-2009, 10:26 PM
ok, got the blu-ray today. great. it does look really good. great colors. i wasnt expecting a star wars transfer. but it did however look great. i just wonder how much diffrent the dvd looks compared to it.

ronnie21
11-01-2009, 01:51 PM
i just go by alot of reviews on dvd talk, iam telling ya, in alot of cases, they rate the picture quality higher on the dvd than the blu-ray. for example, thier rating system goes by 1 out of 5 stars. In the case of FALLING DOWN which came out both on dvd and blu-ray. the dvd's picture quality rated 5 stars, and the blu-ray only rated 4. see, not even movie is gonna look perect on blu-ray. just because it's blu-ray...

spawningblue
11-02-2009, 11:14 PM
i just go by alot of reviews on dvd talk, iam telling ya, in alot of cases, they rate the picture quality higher on the dvd than the blu-ray. for example, thier rating system goes by 1 out of 5 stars. In the case of FALLING DOWN which came out both on dvd and blu-ray. the dvd's picture quality rated 5 stars, and the blu-ray only rated 4. see, not even movie is gonna look perfect on blu-ray. just because it's blu-ray...

:lol: Yeah but a 4 star Blu Ray is still better then a 5 star DVD. You can't do comparisons like that is all they are saying is that for DVD it looks great but for Blu Ray it's not as good as it could be. It is still far better then the DVD. A 3 star Blu Ray still probably still looks better then a 5 star DVD. Try checking out sites that focus on Blu Ray like High Def Digest or Blu Ray.com. They will always state that compared to other Blu Rays it's not phenomenal but that it still looks better then the DVD. So although it may not get a high rating in picture quality is still looks better then the standard DVD. I don't think I have read a review that stated that the DVD looks better.

There are some cases like Halloween or Bram Stoker's Dracula where it can be argued that the DVD is better because they messed with the colours for their new masters, but even those look better in the sense that they show more details and clarity.

And like a few have mentioned, grain isn't a bad thing. It's how film should look.

And I also disagree that most older films look bad on Blu Ray. Some of the best Blu Ray transfers are on older films such Casablanca or Wizard of Oz. Usually with older films they spend more time re mastering for hi def.

Oh, and if you read any reviews that actually compare the two, everyone states that the Falling Down Blu Ray still looks better then the DVD. The DVD got higher marks because again for DVD it looks great, but by Blu Ray standards it only looks good.

maybrick
11-02-2009, 11:35 PM
It's kind of funny, but I saw Night of the Creeps at Walmart today and even though I had planned to buy it I set it right back on the shelf and walked away. Know why? The SHITTY cover, of course! Don't get me wrong, I knew what it was going to look like, but somehow it's even worse in the flesh (so to speak). Ugh. Hopefully it will be reissue later on with an alternate cover. One can only hope. No way am I going to have that thing stinking up my collection, and I'll be damned if I create my own.

Grim
11-03-2009, 12:52 AM
i just go by alot of reviews on dvd talk, iam telling ya, in alot of cases, they rate the picture quality higher on the dvd than the blu-ray. for example, thier rating system goes by 1 out of 5 stars. In the case of FALLING DOWN which came out both on dvd and blu-ray. the dvd's picture quality rated 5 stars, and the blu-ray only rated 4. see, not even movie is gonna look perect on blu-ray. just because it's blu-ray...

I don't expect perfection. Nothing will be perfect. A substantial improvement is all that I expect. And yeah, blu-rays are rated on a different scale than standard DVD's, as noted on every blu-ray review on this site.

BlackAndBlu81
11-03-2009, 12:57 AM
It's kind of funny, but I saw Night of the Creeps at Walmart today and even though I had planned to buy it I set it right back on the shelf and walked away. Know why? The SHITTY cover, of course! Don't get me wrong, I knew what it was going to look like, but somehow it's even worse in the flesh (so to speak). Ugh. Hopefully it will be reissue later on with an alternate cover. One can only hope. No way am I going to have that thing stinking up my collection, and I'll be damned if I create my own.

You are one crazy guy LOL. To each his own I guess.

MisterTwister
11-03-2009, 01:01 AM
I don't care if the cover is crappy (and it is crappy) you put a kick ass movie back on the shelf and should be bitch slapped with a mace for doing so.

But I still like you Maybrick.

fceurich39
11-03-2009, 01:24 AM
I don't care if the cover is crappy (and it is crappy) you put a kick ass movie back on the shelf and should be bitch slapped with a mace for doing so.

same here i got the blu-ray version last tuesday then friday i had a gift card to use so i decided what the hell i got the dvd version as well

Dave
11-03-2009, 08:35 AM

Agreed; cover is crappy but it is what's on the disc that really matters.

maybrick
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
:lol: Looking for any old reason to save money, I guess. I'll probably get it at some point, but not until it gets marked down to $6 like Monster Squad was. But I'm glad I put Creeps back on the shelf because I noticed Walmart is doing a massive restocking today. I checked out the prices and titles on the shelves where all the gaps were and saw that they'll be selling all of the Seasons of X-Files for $14 starting today. Great time to complete my collection!

fceurich39
11-08-2009, 03:59 AM
night of the creeps dvd/blu-ray comparison video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL5aXQV0p3s

MisterTwister
11-08-2009, 05:19 AM
I don't own a Blu-ray player so the DVD will do just fine.

ronnie21
11-08-2009, 08:10 AM
i actually made my own cover for creeps. its looks a hell of alot better than the one the came up with..

springjack
11-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Are the deleted scenes and the theatrical ending remastered?
________
MERCEDES-BENZ VIANO HISTORY (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Viano)

Katatonia
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM

Yuck, the DVD comes in one of those eco-cases? I hate those flimsy things. At least the Blu-ray has double-sided artwork, so thanks Sony! :lol:

Seriously, why after 10+ years of DVD do they suddenly decide to start cutting holes in cases? I'd prefer thinner cases over that crap. And it's not just with DVD cases either, they do it with Blu-ray cases also. They're especially hypocritical when they have those and then also come packaged with a Slip Cover that has identical artwork...yeah I'm talking about you Lionsgate. :fucked:

Sam
11-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Agreed. The first time I came across an ecocase in the Wal Mart bins I had originally thought of returning it before opening, as it appeared the case was somehow flattened with a truck. I always have to switch them into a new case now.. sigh.

bwana the clown
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM

Holy banality! I've never seen a 10 minute cover comparison before! :rolleyes:

ronnie21
11-08-2009, 09:45 PM
I hate how all new dvd cases have that air conditoner where the insert should goes. whats up with that. i like the old vd cases that had the 2 things you push together to put the disc in and out.. can't leave well enough alone.

bruce h
03-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Amazon currently has the NIGHT OF THE CREEPS blu for $7.99 -- a really nice deal for those who don't have it already.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KPUN0K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002KPUN0K&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

(It's currently out of stock, so if you're one of those impatient people, stay away... but if you don't mind waiting a week or two, I can't see it dropping lower.)

Sam
03-05-2013, 10:58 PM
People have been finding this in the $7.99 bin at Best Buy. I didn't personally check the bin when I was in earlier, though. YMMV. I'd imagine this is as low as it'll get, so get it now before regretting it later if it goes oop.

ImmortalSlasher
03-09-2013, 12:07 AM
I think I found this Night of the Creeps custom cover here before I was a member. Does anyone have the full version?

bigdaddyhorse
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
People have been finding this in the $7.99 bin at Best Buy. I didn't personally check the bin when I was in earlier, though. YMMV. I'd imagine this is as low as it'll get, so get it now before regretting it later if it goes oop.

My local BB had about 5 of them in the dump bin last weekend. If anyone needs a hand getting this, holla. I'll only charge a buck over my total costs (buying the disc and postage). I used to think the dump bin meant the contents were going OOP, now I don't know. They keep getting more and more Navy Seals, Clerks, Wild Things, Scary Movie, etc. in there month after month, year after year for some. I still wouldn't risk it if you haven't got this yet. The cult following is huge and no matter how many copies exist, it won't be enough for everyone who waited if it does go OOP. Maybe you try and wait for $5, but $8 is a steal as is. If it does go OOP, it will probably be $80 instantly and start climbing. Think Dead Alive, but with more fans.:)

Demoni
03-09-2013, 05:34 PM
I think I found this Night of the Creeps custom cover here before I was a member. Does anyone have the full version?

Different ones...

ImmortalSlasher
03-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks! I think I'll use the first one.