PDA

View Full Version : Horror Digital Does Twitter

rhett
07-30-2009, 06:25 PM
It's always been tough to break news stories here at HORROR DIGITAL because all our great members are always posting the news on the forums first. Posting reviews early is a handicap, too, because we strive to go in-depth with photos, scans and a ton of copy. Enter Twitter. Now we can relay all the findings you guys break here
http://www.horrordigital.com/images/news.jpg

It's always been tough to break news stories here at HORROR DIGITAL because all our great members are always posting the news on the forums first. Posting reviews early is a handicap, too, because we strive to go in-depth with photos, scans and a ton of copy. Enter Twitter. Now we can relay all the findings you guys break here, as well as post updates to new reviews, polls and sneak peeks at upcoming discs as they happen in one organized space.

We figured this would be a good way to keep you all in the loop when you're online or on the go. We'll always link back to threads on the site so members can immediately follow up on all the latest posts, reviews, polls and contests. Yeah, contests. We'd like to use Twitter for some small contests too, when we've got an extra disc or two to give away but not enough for a full fledged site contest. Little games like "Name that Quote" or "Identify that Screenshot" will be a fun way to keep up the talk of all the horror films we hoard, too.

So where's our Twitter account? Right here:

http://www.twitter.com/horrordigital

or you can look us up with username "horrordigital".

We're looking forward to keeping this up to date and to showcase all the activity that's happening on this site daily, so keep up the posting so we can link it out to the rest of the world.

Once you follow us, send us a message, too, to let us know who you are so Dave can pass along some of the animal erotica he's been writing.

Finally, what kind of other things would you like to see on the Twitter account? Any suggestions for other stuff we could do? We're still coming to terms with the fact we have to call a post a "Tweet" but hey, that's life.

MorallySound
07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I've signed up, thanks for making me have to go Twitter....

I've signed up under 'badmonsterfilms'. And I guessed your first Twitter quote.

rhett
07-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Thought that one might be an easy quote for you. ;)

I posted a new "Name that Screenshot".

_pi_
07-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Awesome! I'm starting to enjoy twitter more and more each day, so seeing Horror Digital there is great news!

Hellbilly
07-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Just signed up (helllbilly) and got three followers already. Who are Lily, Jordyn and Anna? :(

2D4EVER
07-30-2009, 07:54 PM
I added you. Name on twitter is policenaut.

rhett
07-30-2009, 07:55 PM
A lot of times people doing the get rich quick schemes or people just obsessed with adding others will just follow you for free advertising. You can block them if they aren't legit, but they can't message you or post anything on your page, so no worries!

Hellbilly
07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
A lot of times people doing the get rich quick schemes or people just obsessed with adding others will just follow you for free advertising. You can block them if they aren't legit, but they can't message you or post anything on your page, so no worries!
Ahhh just what I thought. This is my first time there, so all of this is new to me. I blocked them three sluts because I've seen prettier chicks in better bikinis before :eek2:

rhett
07-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Ahhh just what I thought. This is my first time there, so all of this is new to me. I blocked them three sluts because I've seen prettier chicks in better bikinis before :eek2:

:lol: And you'll see more in a few weeks once SPRING BREAK and HARDBODIES hit DVD!

KamuiX
07-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Following!

Severn
07-30-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm on twitter. I'm for sure following you guys (ID: Kenro199x).

vampyr789
07-30-2009, 11:08 PM
following too. im vampyr789 lol

snowbeast323
07-30-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm following too

R_Bot_001 is me if anyone wants it, the R stands for my first name btw:D

rhett
07-31-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm following too

R_Bot_001 is me if anyone wants it, the R stands for my first name btw:D
You wouldn't happen to be Rob Bottin, would you? :D Thanks for the add, Mr. Reece!

gunner
07-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Please excuse my retardedness. I'm on Twitter, but I need lessons. I don't grasp the concept. Why is this the "best thing to hit the internet"? What am I missing? Whhhaaaaa!!!

indiephantom
07-31-2009, 03:48 AM
I'm following for sure!

CrazyFatEthel
07-31-2009, 05:38 AM
Dammit, ok, so are you going to keep updating here, or do we HAVE to get a twitter?

Dave
07-31-2009, 05:42 AM
Dammit, ok, so are you going to keep updating here, or do we HAVE to get a twitter?

Both. Twitter will just link back to the site.

CrazyFatEthel
07-31-2009, 05:52 AM
Both. Twitter will just link back to the site.

Oh thank god, the last thing I need is to have to memerise a password!!! :lol:

rhett
07-31-2009, 06:07 AM
Twitter will mostly just link to items on the site, yes, but there will be little bonuses, like the Quote/Screenshot games (what, nobody can guess the screenshot now?) and small updates that wouldn't entirely be fit to post on the forums, like first impressions of DVDs before the review, etc.

rxfiend
07-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Please excuse my retardedness. I'm on Twitter, but I need lessons. I don't grasp the concept. Why is this the "best thing to hit the internet"? What am I missing? Whhhaaaaa!!!

You're not alone. I don't get the whole twitter thing either.

_pi_
07-31-2009, 11:42 AM
I used to not get it, but now I've become kind of addicted to the people I'm following. I don't really post much myself, but it's a lot of fun following stuff like the Mondo Movie podcast, Sarah Silverman, Perez Hilton (if he's your cup of tea) and Keisha from the Sugababes! :) HDigital is a welcome addition :D

Kolpitz
07-31-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm following as well. My Twitter ID is the same: Kolpitz

spawningblue
07-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Are there going to be exclusive contests/ prizes on Twitter or are the contests just for fun? I am def. not getting a Twitter account as it is a complete waste of time to me so hopefully it is the latter. No offense to anyone that enjoys it but I could care less what someone is eating or when they are taking a crap. Facebook is barely worth the time as it is, I don't see why everyone is so addicted to this Twitter.

maskull
08-02-2009, 08:25 PM
As much as I was planning on boycotting twitter, what the hell? I'm Maskull10

rhett
08-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Are there going to be exclusive contests/ prizes on Twitter or are the contests just for fun? I am def. not getting a Twitter account as it is a complete waste of time to me so hopefully it is the latter. No offense to anyone that enjoys it but I could care less what someone is eating or when they are taking a crap. Facebook is barely worth the time as it is, I don't see why everyone is so addicted to this Twitter.

We'll see how it goes. So far we're getting a good amount of followers and I'm liking keeping it up to date. If the interest from everyone continues I'll probably use Twitter as a place to give away single DVDs that wouldn't really warrant a full contest on the site itself. That won't stop us from doing our regular contests here, though.

And for the love of God someone please answer the Name that Screenshot submission:

http://twitpic.com/c5jcb

vampyr789
08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
And for the love of God someone please answer the Name that Screenshot submission:

well sorry, but i have no idea that screenshot is from.
give us a hint....

rhett
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
well sorry, but i have no idea that screenshot is from.
give us a hint....
Sequel.

bigdaddyhorse
08-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Jason Takes Manhattan?

I'd sign up for Twitter, but I refuse to tweet so I guess I won't.

rhett
08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Jason Takes Manhattan?

Not a slasher.

You don't have to tweet, the main reason I use it is just to get updates from news sites and companies as they happen, rather than waiting or searching for the updates down the line.

x666x
08-03-2009, 01:49 AM

Same here.

maskull
08-07-2009, 02:34 AM
Great now I'm addicted to Twitter. Thanks a lot :( It's all your fault!!!

And it won't let me tweet. aargh!

vampyr789
08-07-2009, 04:10 AM
im sorry rhett i just have no idea at all what that screen shot is from

rhett
08-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Hey, I'm having fun with this so far. It's nice to be able to pass along all the great updates you guys are making on the forums all the time.

To think I was going to pick a harder image. Think werewolf.

http://web11.twitpic.com/img/20413739-ed302325f7d9b7d1b52f363f713e994a.4a7bd504-scaled.jpg

Spit
08-07-2009, 05:47 PM
the shot is from the Howling 2!

Whats RT'd mean?

rhett
08-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Correct! Finally! It's from my most favorite of all end credit montages that reaffirms just how monumentally earth shattering seeing Sybil Danning's breasts really is.

"RT" is short for "Retweet", whoever guesses it right will just have their message sent to me posted on the Twitter account so everyone can know of your elite guessing skills. One of these days I'll do a contest with it too. Maybe once we hit 100 subscribers. Or 1000.

Spit
08-07-2009, 10:21 PM
end credit montages that reaffirms just how monumentally earth shattering seeing Sybil Danning's breasts really is.

Truer words have never been spoken. Though I think the Steve Parsons song adds to the overall effectiveness of the boobs.

Mutilated Prey
08-13-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm Hip_School.

rhett
08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. Though I think the Steve Parsons song adds to the overall effectiveness of the boobs.

I'VE GOT A HUNGER BLAHBLAHBLAH A HUNGER THAT I CAN'T CONTROL!

Love that song!

Welcome aboard, Sir Prey.

Workshed
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
:lol:, I just don't get it. When I look at the link rhett posted, all I see are a bunch of posts that say "from twhirl". Is that rhett?

Are there more conversations happening? It looks pretty one-sided at the link.

Ignorance is bliss!

maskull
08-21-2009, 03:11 AM
https://twitter.com/JackKetchum

Jack Ketchum is now on Twitter.

Franco
09-29-2013, 01:05 AM
following too. im vampyr789 lol

Hey, man! You abandoned this account!! :lol: