PDA

View Full Version : Corruption!

Dave
08-05-2009, 05:40 AM
We experienced a corrupted table in the database that was making it impossible to access the reviews. This occurred late Tuesday afternoon. It may have been possible to repair the table but it would have been extremely time consuming and there was still no guarantee. The latest backup was from early Tuesday morning and I instead chose to restore that. The downside is that we lost all the posts from the past day. Could have been a lot worse. At least now you have a reason to get back into the forum and start posting again!

CrazyFatEthel
08-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I tried to log on, and it said it was corrupted, and I swear I was losing my mind!!! Lamo.

x666x
08-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Based on the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be a discussion about the likes of AIG and the Fed Reserve. :)

Glad to see everything is ok...with the site, at least!

MorallySound
08-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Gotcha! That now explains why a few of my posts are missing.

bigdaddyhorse
08-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Gotcha! That now explains why a few of my posts are missing.

I thought maybe I crossed a line or something with a post from this afternoon now missing, glad to hear I didn't.:)

Paff
08-06-2009, 04:55 AM
Love the Simpsons graphic.

The only better one is the animated one they used with a large bird flying into the transmission tower

Workshed
08-13-2009, 04:36 AM
This is what happens when I am away for a few weeks.

Dave
08-16-2009, 12:54 PM
So this problem popped up again today. I discovered the problem at 5am and the last backup was at 2am, so I restored it. Very few posts lost.

UNFORTUNATELY, that didn't fix it. The backup at 2am had the corrupted table. This time I dug a little deeper as the last backup - prior to 2am - was from last Tuesday, and I did not want to lose that many posts.

FORTUNATELY with the help of the host I was able to get table repaired and we are once again up and running.

Lets hope this is coincidence and not hack attempts. Either way, I'm going to start doing more manual backups too just in case.

thrashard76
08-25-2009, 06:46 AM
;)http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/images/icons/icon14.gif