PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2007 Rob Zombie Blu-ray disc how is it?

fceurich39
08-11-2009, 11:19 PM
how's the blu-ray of this film meaning picture/sound i am tempted to get it this week since best buy has a sale
the only reason i never got it was b.ecause it doesn't have the theatrical version for some odd reason

Grim
08-11-2009, 11:39 PM
It looks great and sounds great. Plus there's the awesome documentary. The director's cut is way better than the theatrical and rectifies a few mistakes that the theatrical had as well, so it's no real loss.

grodd
08-12-2009, 06:24 AM
how's the blu-ray of this film meaning picture/sound i am tempted to get it this week since best buy has a sale
the only reason i never got it was b.ecause it doesn't have the theatrical version for some odd reason

If you want the theatrical release on BR also, you can buy the German Steelbook. Available at the German Amazon site.

Harry Warden
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM

I also plan on getting this on Blu-Ray very soon. Not to split hairs, but why would you even want the theatrical version if a director's version is available?

fceurich39
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I also plan on getting this on Blu-Ray very soon. Not to split hairs, but why would you even want the theatrical version if a director's version is available?

the escape scene is so much better in the theatrical version the whole rape scene is horrible and i hear the upcoming H2 sequel is based off the unrated version

Grim
08-12-2009, 05:17 PM
the escape scene is so much better in the theatrical version the whole rape scene is horrible and i hear the upcoming H2 sequel is based off the unrated version

You really think so? I always found it very unbelievable. At least the rape scene is a bit more plausible.

fceurich39
08-12-2009, 05:48 PM
also i like the cameos in that scene as well

Bad_Ronald_1983
08-16-2009, 08:38 PM
It's a good disc. PQ is really nice. Especially close-up shots. All day-time scenes are excellent. There is some grain, softness etc. But everything is really good.

-MATT-

bigdaddyhorse
08-16-2009, 08:49 PM
You really think so? I always found it very unbelievable. At least the rape scene is a bit more plausible.

I've always felt this way as well. I still wish they wouldn't have killed Trejo's character, I was bummed to see that left in the DC. It makes me like the workprint even more since it's not there.
The theater escape is just to far out there. Good cameos for sure, but a bad idea for a scene. I dubed the theater cut from the library just in case I want to revisit or show friends.

mlock
08-17-2009, 01:46 AM
I had the good luck of seeing a workprint copy days before it's theatrical release which I still prefer over either the theater or dir cut versions. The original ending where Loomis is forced to shoot Micheal before the cops pull up to the house was far more believable than the ridiculous chase through the house only to have Laurie shoot Micheal point-blank in the face!:bs: It also included a cut line of dialog explaining why Michael attacks the nurse in the first place when the nurse insults him upon looking at the photo of baby Laurie, thereby changing his motives altogether. I guess the studio wanted him to be a killer for no reason as opposed to killing people who get in his way.

Grim
08-17-2009, 03:25 AM
I had the good luck of seeing a workprint copy days before it's theatrical release which I still prefer over either the theater or dir cut versions. The original ending where Loomis is forced to shoot Micheal before the cops pull up to the house was far more believable than the ridiculous chase through the house only to have Laurie shoot Micheal point-blank in the face!:bs: It also included a cut line of dialog explaining why Michael attacks the nurse in the first place when the nurse insults him upon looking at the photo of baby Laurie, thereby changing his motives altogether. I guess the studio wanted him to be a killer for no reason as opposed to killing people who get in his way.

The workprint ending I saw has the cops blowing him away, not Loomis. I just checked actually. Unless there are multiple workprints in circulation.

And that line from the nurse is in the director's cut.

fceurich39
08-17-2009, 03:30 AM
well i guess i'll pass on upgrading this for now since i have the theatrical version and unrated director's cut 3 disc dvd set thanks for all the info

geeare
08-18-2009, 04:37 PM
pick it up, it's worth it if you like the film.

Zillamon51
08-18-2009, 08:02 PM
It's bullshit that the Blu-ray and 3-disc DVD don't include the theatrical version. Michael's DC escape makes no sense. Two guards rape a female inmate, not in her cell or a closet or something, but in the room of the resident 7-foot, 300-lb mask-wearing psycho. Yeah, I'm buying that. :rolleyes:

Vortex
08-28-2009, 01:59 AM
I watched this earlier and in the scene where Loomis meets Dourif in his office does anyone else see a weird white imaging effect? It looks like something in the movie itself but I dont remember it from when I rented the DVD. I want to make sure it's not the bluray defective.