PDA

View Full Version : Creepshow Blu - 8th September

Marv Inc.
08-31-2009, 05:26 PM
I see Warner Bros is releasing it this month, anyone planning on picking it up. It's region free for all us that live around the world onlu had a Dolby Surround HD soundtrack though and no special Features.

I'am gonna wait to see what Universal do over here in the UK, hopefully they'll port the SE dvd and give us Dolby 5.1 HD.

Buddusky
08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
I got it on Saturday and it looks great what I've seen of it. The only extra is the Trailer. I'm in the U.K. as well but couldn't wait for Universal to release it as it's one of my favourites.

Marv Inc.
08-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Hows it compare to Universals SE picture wise? Is the print WB used as clean and scrath free as Universals?

fceurich39
08-31-2009, 06:12 PM
we probably won't see a speical edition port until the new movie hits theaters sadly

Mutilated Prey
08-31-2009, 07:05 PM
I'll get it for sure. I've been holding off on buying the regular DVD for so long, and believe I've been tempted so many time because of the cheap price. Blu baby!!!!

Buddusky
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Hows it compare to Universals SE picture wise? Is the print WB used as clean and scrath free as Universals?

The film looks the best I've ever seen it and is a nice clean print. I've only watched "Fathers Day" and a few other scenes which looked great. :)

If only the extras from Universals DVD release were on this. :(

dickieduvet
08-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Mines on the way from Movietyme, Can't wait, One of my all time faves, Looking forward to Fluffy in HD.

indiephantom
08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Couldn't resist this one, so I ordered it. Can't imagine it looking anything but terrific.

Buddusky
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Mines on the way from Movietyme, Can't wait, One of my all time faves, Looking forward to Fluffy in HD.

Thats where I got mine dickieduvet. Great site with very fast delivery! :D

Shannafey
08-31-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't have Blu yet, but this was one title I would have waited for. The fact that it had no special features, made me buy the UK R2 DVD and I'm glad I did! Great Set!!

Harry Warden
08-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Will be buying this on Blu-ray.

Katatonia
09-01-2009, 12:17 AM
I'll probably buy it when I see it cheaper, but for now I'm happy with the Universal R2 Special Edition.

vampyr789
09-01-2009, 01:51 AM
wat no DVD either?

spawningblue
09-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Glad to hear they at least included the trailer. I will pick this up when i see it for $20 or under.

indiephantom
09-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Glad to hear they at least included the trailer. I will pick this up when i see it for $20 or under.

My pre-order is only 16.95 CDN.
http://tinyurl.com/kn5a7q :banana:

Katatonia
09-01-2009, 08:19 AM

The price just dropped on Amazon to $15.49. I went ahead and pre-ordered it at that price. I'll get rid of that ancient Warner DVD then, and keep the Universal R2 for those superb special features.

Mutilated Prey
09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I bet it will drop to $9.99 eventually. As will Freddy vs. Jason.

Grim
09-01-2009, 05:37 PM
I was going to get this and Crank 2 at Best Buy with some 10% off coupons I have, but this is sounding like the better deal.

Mutilated Prey
09-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Actually, Freddy vs. Jason Blu just dropped to $11.49 on Amazon. Shipped for free with Guitar Hero 5 and Van Halen Hero Bonus? Done!

Grim
09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Actually, Freddy vs. Jason Blu just dropped to $11.49 on Amazon. Shipped for free with Guitar Hero 5 and Van Halen Hero Bonus? Done!

Yeah that's pretty sweet. I don't get how people buy this stuff in stores with the crazy savings you get online.

Grim
09-02-2009, 01:01 AM
Creepshow's down to $14.99 now on Amazon.

spawningblue
09-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Thanks guys, glad to see the price is reasonable. Might have to pick this one up now!

indiephantom
09-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Anyone here receive this yet. I heard some online orders are in. I'm curious about the quality.

Grim
09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
I ordered mine with Crank 2, so I guess it'll ship whenever that ships. Awesome for those who are getting it already. I can't help but think all the comic book stuff and all of the Argento-esque lighting in this film would look great in HD.

Vlachio
09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Really wish I could have found this early. I'm going to grab this on Tuesday. I'm so looking forward to seeing this in HD!

Terry44
09-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Watched mine today and it looks amazing very rich colours and no tampering with (shame about the lack of extras)

dickieduvet
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Still bloody waiting for mine, Can't wait. This and An American Werewolf In London all in the same week on Blu-Ray :)

indiephantom
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Still bloody waiting for mine, Can't wait. This and An American Werewolf In London all in the same week on Blu-Ray :)

Damn. Forgot all awbout Werewolf. Have to check some reviews.

Katatonia
09-11-2009, 10:54 AM
It looked pretty damned good in HD, very sharp and rich colors. I thought that Universal's R2 transfer looked quite good upconverted, but this looks even better...and no PAL speedup.

The back cover is incorrect about one thing though. There is only one English audio track, Dolby MLP lossless 2.0. No big deal, but it doesn't include the other English and French dubs on the disc. Who the hell proof checks these things at Warner?

Special features? Well, the trailer.

Vlachio
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
The transfer is indeed quite amazing. If this film doesn't make people go blu nothing will!

..............the end

Mutilated Prey
09-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I want my cake!!!!!

Bedelia! Yooooooooouuuuuu Bitch!!!!

Love that part :lol:

Need to get this soon. Glad to hear it's getting your guys stamp of approval.

Jason101
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I have one question about the widescreen on the blu ray. Apparently, the Region 1 1999 DVD has a false widescreen version of the movie that is basically just the full screen version with black bars slapped at the top and bottom of the screen. This "widescreen" on the Region 1 DVD adds nothing to the left or right sides and masks information on the top and bottom of the screen. I am pretty sure this movie is not open matte because the framing looked way too tight.

It has also been reported that the UK 2-disc special edition has the true widescreen version that actually adds picture information.

I was wondering if the Blu-ray version has the actual widescreen version of the movie.

Marv Inc.
09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
just seen some screen caps and indeed the picture is amazing. Going to pick this up now, screw waiting for the UK release.

Some people are saying that the Canadian release only has a DD 2.0 track and no Dolby HD 2.0 like on the US release.

Grim
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Got mine two days ago. The picture quality is indeed terrific. Its age shows, but the whole film is just so damn vibrant and colorful and now so crystal clear. I almost have a new appreciation for the film, especially the set design and lighting.

spawningblue
09-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Some people are saying that the Canadian release only has a DD 2.0 track and no Dolby HD 2.0 like on the US release.

Can anyone confirm this? If so I will have to order it from the states.

spawningblue
09-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Can anyone confirm this? If so I will have to order it from the states.

Never mind just read a thread on this. It looks like the guy that started the thread just had his settings wrong as others have said it's exactly the same as the US release. The only thing it is missing is the French track that is listed on the back.

Katatonia
09-12-2009, 02:20 AM

Well, here's the thing. The audio track on the US Blu-ray is Dolby MLP (http://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/mlp_lossless.html) 2.0 encoded at around 640kbps. MLP is a lossless format that Warner normally uses for their Blu-rays, which means the file is essentially "zipped up" until it's decoded. So nothing is lost, it's a full encode and it's very clear. Some people are probably confusing it with a standard 5.1 track, which is often 640kbps (but not lossless) on some older Warner Blu-rays.

rxfiend
09-19-2009, 08:26 AM
I have one question about the widescreen on the blu ray. Apparently, the Region 1 1999 DVD has a false widescreen version of the movie that is basically just the full screen version with black bars slapped at the top and bottom of the screen. This "widescreen" on the Region 1 DVD adds nothing to the left or right sides and masks information on the top and bottom of the screen. I am pretty sure this movie is not open matte because the framing looked way too tight.

It has also been reported that the UK 2-disc special edition has the true widescreen version that actually adds picture information.

I was wondering if the Blu-ray version has the actual widescreen version of the movie.

I did a comparison between the R1 dvd and the bluray, and the bluray DOES have more information on the frame. While doing the comparison, I was surprised at how ugly and dirty the transfer is for the DVD. I realize it was an older transfer, but damn, it looks like complete dog shit compared to the bluray.

Katatonia
11-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Some detailed screen comparisons between the old R1 DVD and the Blu-ray: http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/comparison.php?cID=672

The old DVD really was butt U-G-L-Y

Marv Inc.
05-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Second Sight Films is going to be releasing this in the UK. Hopefully there can port all the extra's from the Universal dvd and give us HD audio.

Zombie Dude
05-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Second Sight Films is going to be releasing this in the UK. Hopefully there can port all the extra's from the Universal dvd and give us HD audio.

Awesome news. Well if it's packed with extras then I'll pick it up. I've got the 2 disc edition from the UK and wasn't going to part with it for the US blu the had no special features.

Marv Inc.
05-24-2013, 08:28 PM
More news from there facebook,

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/417927_289600957841011_2137441923_n.jpg

Release news – CREEPSHOW coming soon on Blu-ray, with a whole host of new and existing extras. Date and more details to be announced shortly.

Mikey Horror
05-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Please tell me that'll be region free.

Demoni
05-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Please tell me that'll be region free.

Their past releases are all region B locked... well, not counting the bypass method to region free on their Return of the Living Dead blu.

zbinks
05-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Their past releases are all region B locked... well, not counting the bypass method to region free on their Return of the Living Dead blu.

The Basket Case trilogy was region free.

maybrick
05-25-2013, 02:20 AM
I have the british dvd for the extras and the US blu ray for the film itself. That's good enough for me.

Workshed
05-25-2013, 02:54 AM
Ha ha, that kid looks evil as fuck in the cover art. Well done. Glad they went with it.

spawningblue
05-27-2013, 10:23 PM
The Basket Case trilogy was region free.

I heard the movies were but the extras weren't, depending on your TV.

Shannafey
05-28-2013, 02:41 AM
I have that Region 2 DVD for the extras alone and they are amazing. I'm happy enough with the DVD transfer too, but down the road, I'd like to get the film on Blu.

zbinks
05-28-2013, 07:11 AM
I heard the movies were but the extras weren't, depending on your TV.

It's technically still region free, but some of the extras have frame rates that are not native to North America. Unfortunately, not all North American players and/or TVs can play HD 1080/50i or SD PAL formatted content or convert it into playable content.

Tested on my Sony BDP-S370. All extras are on the disc with the original Basket Case.

Playable (HD 1080P):

What's In the Basket?
Radio Spots
Behind the Scenes Photo Gallery
Promotional Material Photo Gallery
Stills Photo Gallery

Not Playable (HD 1080/50i or SD PAL):

Grisley Graham Humphreys
Introduction
In Search of the Hotel Broslin
Outtakes
Trailer 1
Trailer 2
Radio Spots

spawningblue
05-28-2013, 04:53 PM
It's technically still region free, but some of the extras have frame rates that are not native to North America. Unfortunately, not all North American players and/or TVs can play HD 1080/50i or SD PAL formatted content or convert it into playable content.

Yeah that's what I thought. Someone mentioned that on Bluray.com, was that you by chance?

I am still trying to find out if 88 films Puppet Master or Subspecies films are the same way, region free depending if your player can handle 1080/50i? So if anyone knows, feel free to chime in.

Demoni
05-29-2013, 01:43 AM
Yeah that's what I thought. Someone mentioned that on Bluray.com, was that you by chance?

I am still trying to find out if 88 films Puppet Master or Subspecies films are the same way, region free depending if your player can handle 1080/50i? So if anyone knows, feel free to chime in.

User Katatonia posted on another thread that all 88 Films releases have been region free so far.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showpost.php?p=736235&postcount=9

zbinks
05-29-2013, 05:05 AM

Yep. That was me. :)

spawningblue
05-29-2013, 06:40 PM
User Katatonia posted on another thread that all 88 Films releases have been region free so far.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showpost.php?p=736235&postcount=9

Yes they are region free, but it doesn't mean anyone in NA can play them. Depends on whether or not, like zbinks mentioned your TV can play HD 1080/50i or SD PAL content. It's hard to find out this info, which is unfortunate as some may read they are region free and pick them up only to find out there TV or player can't play them or their extras.

bigdaddyhorse
05-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Yes they are region free, but it doesn't mean anyone in NA can play them. Depends on whether or not, like zbinks mentioned your TV can play HD 1080/50i or SD PAL content. It's hard to find out this info, which is unfortunate as some may read they are region free and pick them up only to find out there TV or player can't play them or their extras.

Never heard of "if the TV can convert them", I always thought the players had to do that. SD-PAL stuff on region free blu rays I have do this: I select them, they don't play and go right back to the menu on my region a player. They play fine on the RF player which either converts them, or I have the right TV. I'm betting on player conversion.:)

All HD content plays fine on either player.

Marv Inc.
05-31-2013, 06:55 PM
Little update:

CREEPSHOW update - just to confirm our Blu-ray (region B ) release will include all the extras that appear on Universal's Special Edition DVD and more! Currently scheduled for a late summer release. More details to follow...

zbinks
05-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Never heard of "if the TV can convert them", I always thought the players had to do that. SD-PAL stuff on region free blu rays I have do this: I select them, they don't play and go right back to the menu on my region a player. They play fine on the RF player which either converts them, or I have the right TV. I'm betting on player conversion.:)

All HD content plays fine on either player.

It would depend on whether the player in question is doing a PAL > NTSC conversion or outputting PAL natively to the TV. If it's the latter, the TV would need to be capable of displaying a PAL signal. If I'm not mistaken, most TVs with digital inputs should be capable of displaying PAL natively.

Marv Inc.
07-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Release date,

Creepshow Blu-ray confirmed release date 28th October. Details of bonus features shortly.

Marv Inc.
08-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Final spec list

CREEPSHOW Blu-ray update (release date 28.10.13) - those extras in full:

Audio commentary with George A. Romero and special make-up effects creator Tom Savini

Audio commentary with director of photography Michael Gornick, actor John Amplas, property master Bruce Alan Miller, and makeup effects assistant Darryl Ferrucci

‘Just Desserts: The Making of Creepshow’
A feature length documentary with cast and crew interviews

‘Behind The Screams’ with Tom Savini

Deleted scenes

TV spot, trailer, stills gallery

DTS HDMA 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0 audio

Demoni
08-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Final spec list

Wrong thread!

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=45155&highlight=Creepshow

Zombie Dude
08-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Wrong thread!

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=45155&highlight=Creepshow

Not really. This is also a Creepshow thread...

Demoni
08-15-2013, 07:15 AM
Not really. This is also a Creepshow thread...

Yes really.

This is a Creepshow thread with an 8th September date on the title, denoting the American Edition.
If the updates are about the UK edition, then they should be posted in the correct thread.

It´s all McDonalds here, but if I wanted a Big Mac I shouldn´t be ordering a Royal Deluxe.

Zombie Dude
08-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Yes really.

This is a Creepshow thread with an 8th September date on the title, denoting the American Edition.
If the updates are about the UK edition, then they should be posted in the correct thread.

It´s all McDonalds here, but if I wanted a Big Mac I shouldn´t be ordering a Royal Deluxe.

Last page I checked was all about the UK edition. I really don't think it's that big a deal. Just add the same info to the other thread if it bothers you so much. At least the info is in a Creepshow blu thread.

Demoni
08-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Last page I checked was all about the UK edition. I really don't think it's that big a deal. Just add the same info to the other thread if it bothers you so much. At least the info is in a Creepshow blu thread.

Never said it bothers me, and I don´t know you assume that.
I was just stating something.

Zombie Dude
08-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Never said it bothers me, and I don´t know you assume that.
I was just stating something.

Saying "Wrong thread!" with that exclamation mark makes it sound like you're angry; that's why I thought it bothers you.

Plus, again, you're stating something that's not entirely correct. This is a Creepshow blu thread regardless of the date being a month off. It seems more productive to ask a Mod to either merge the two threads or re-title one to avoid confusion.