PDA

View Full Version : Let the double dipping begin!

Grim
09-03-2009, 01:57 AM
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11633

Monster Squad, Angel Heart, My Bloody Valentine, and Cujo.

I'm glad the only one of these I have on DVD is MBV.

Katatonia
09-03-2009, 02:17 AM
It's cool, I don't mind rebuying these on Blu at all. I grabbed them all pretty cheap on DVD after all. I kinda figured they'd eventually re-release some of these...

Angel Heart I never even picked up on DVD.

Mutilated Prey
09-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Sunuva! I was wondering why there was no Blu for MBV. Because they want us all to double dip! Those clever bastards.

Cujo108
09-03-2009, 02:26 AM
At DVDTalk, it was mentioned that Frailty is coming too. Hopefully that's accurate.

Anyway, I'll be picking a few of these up if the quality is there. The Ninth Gate had too much DNR.

Grim
09-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Yeah quality would be an issue. With MBV I won't be as critical as they can only get so much out of that deleted footage. It'll at least have more detail. Hopefully. I don't know why I never got around to picking up the Monster Squad but I'm glad I didn't now.

chrismac87
09-03-2009, 02:36 AM
THE MONSTER SQUAD has been on being considered for Blu for a long time, glad to see it's finally coming out. I will of course be picking that one up.

The others I'm going to skip but am glad to hear they'll be making their Blu Ray debut as well. :)

vampyr789
09-03-2009, 02:37 AM
yaya! maybe well get a review of MBV this time ;) rhett...will we?

spawningblue
09-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Even though I have most of those on DVD, I would be happy to re buy them on Blu, especially MBV and Monster Squad, two of my favourites! I wonder if MBV will be the uncut version as that footage will look even worse on Blu. Hopefully they include both versions of the film again.

Grim
09-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Even though I have most of those on DVD, I would be happy to re buy them on Blu, especially MBV and Monster Squad, two of my favourites! I wonder if MBV will be the uncut version as that footage will look even worse on Blu. Hopefully they include both versions of the film again.

I believe all previous features are being carried over to the blu-rays, so I would assume that yes, it will be the uncut version.

fceurich39
09-03-2009, 02:46 AM
will probably pass on these i am happy with the dvd versions unless extra stuff would be added to monster squad or my bloody valentine

indiephantom
09-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Own them all except Monster Squad, which I'm not a huge fan of. Will probably re-buy Angel Heart if the price is right.

Dave
09-03-2009, 03:21 AM
Squad is mine!!! I will gladly ditch the DVD for the blu.

bigdaddyhorse
09-03-2009, 03:30 AM
I just have the old first dvd of Angel Heart and almost bought the SE recently, so I'll probably get that one. Same with Frailty, that's a fav.
MBV is tempting, but I'll wait for reviews and sales to see if it's worth it.
The others I just don't watch enough to warrent (ducks).

othervoice1
09-03-2009, 03:32 AM
I will double dip on the MBV blu only if I see reviews stating it is a drastic difference from the regular dvd

dave13
09-03-2009, 03:36 AM
will probably pass on these i am happy with the dvd versions unless extra stuff would be added to monster squad or my bloody valentine

yeah, my feelings exactly. im all for upgrading titles from dvd to blu, but they take a lower priority (usually) to picking up titles i have in no form whatsoever. something sweet like a MBV commentary would make me fork over for a new edition though.

CrazyFatEthel
09-03-2009, 04:00 AM
God dammit, I need to go Blu!!!! :mad:

2D4EVER
09-03-2009, 04:20 AM
I will probably get Angel Heart even though not 3 months ago I bought the SE dvd. At least it was only $5 so I don't feel too screwed.

indiephantom
09-03-2009, 06:11 AM
God dammit, I need to go Blu!!!! :mad:

Yes, yes you do. :glasses:

Angelman
09-03-2009, 08:07 AM
My friend at Lionsgate who works on this side of things (DVD) said they were releasing "everything " on Blu soon. When I asked for specifics, he said he couldn't tell yet, he just said, "trust me, EVERYTHING" so there is more coming... good news...

Kim Bruun
09-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Cujo is one of the best horror movies of the 1980's - I'll definitely be tripple dipping for that! Awesome! And probably My Bloody Valentine as well...

Katatonia
09-03-2009, 10:07 AM
My friend at Lionsgate who works on this side of things (DVD) said they were releasing "everything " on Blu soon. When I asked for specifics, he said he couldn't tell yet, he just said, "trust me, EVERYTHING" so there is more coming... good news...

Fright Night Part II on Blu in widescreen would be awesome.

I'd be amazed though if Gnaw: Food of the Gods II, Chopping Mall, Slaughter High, etc. came to Blu. :evil:

chrismac87
09-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Everything huh?

Somethin' tells me we won't be seeing NIGHT OF THE DEMONS 2 out on Blu Ray anytime soon...

Guess almost everything. :rolleyes:

Katatonia
09-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Everything huh?

Somethin' tells me we won't be seeing NIGHT OF THE DEMONS 2 out on Blu Ray anytime soon...

Guess almost everything. :rolleyes:

Or, umm... Welcome to Spring Break, and Dolly Dearest on Blu-ray! :evil:

Hellbilly
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Everything?

I feel sorry for those who will buy Mummy Maniac on blu-ray :(

Grim
09-03-2009, 02:32 PM

I'd be amazed though if Gnaw: Food of the Gods II, Chopping Mall, Slaughter High, etc. came to Blu. :evil:

I would gladly repurchase Chopping Mall. The DVD's quality wasn't too hot.

Ash28M
09-03-2009, 03:12 PM
I knew there was a reason why i still hadn't upgraded my full screen Cujo DVD or My Bloody Valentine. I might get Monster Squad I'm just not sure yet how much I like it.

hellraiser40
09-03-2009, 03:43 PM
won't double dip on these, don't even have BR at the moment, am still perfectly happy with DVD

MorallySound
09-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Looks like I'll be upgrading Monster Squad and MBV for sure, don't own Cujo so will probably get that one eventually, and will wait on Angel Heart.

Angelman
09-04-2009, 01:01 AM

Well, Again, I don't have specifics but he is a big horror/fantasy nerd too so he knows the titles I meant so time will tell... but obscure or not, they may be coming to Blu.

Myron Breck
09-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Eh, I'm too poor to go Blu and I own all of these on SD. Thus, for once, no temptation for me! :banana:

Grim
09-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Fright Night 2 would be an instant buy for me. No questions asked.

Harry Warden
09-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Holy Crap!!! Absolutely will be double dipping for MBV and Cujo.

grodd
09-04-2009, 02:32 AM
[QUOTE=Katatonia;608665]Fright Night Part II on Blu in widescreen would be awesome.

I've been looking for a decent widescreen copy of that movie forever to replace my Laserdisc. Monsters HD aired it a couple of times shortly after it was dropped from DishTV so I know a decent copy is out there.

Grim
09-04-2009, 02:47 AM
[QUOTE=Katatonia;608665]Fright Night Part II on Blu in widescreen would be awesome.

I've been looking for a decent widescreen copy of that movie forever to replace my Laserdisc. Monsters HD aired it a couple of times shortly after it was dropped from DishTV so I know a decent copy is out there.

I read a great article about TV broadcast rights and home video rights. It was pretty insightful. It was talking about how just because something airs in HD on TV, that doesn't mean there is an HD home video release on the horizon, or even planned for the future. Sometimes the prints were made by the company that has broadcast rights and it has nothing to do with the studio. Anywho, Fright Night 2 is definitely one I hope is coming from Lionsgate. I've never seen it in Widescreen. I've actually never seen it on anything other than VHS and youtube.

Katatonia
09-05-2009, 02:53 AM
These three are up for pre-order on Amazon:

The Monster Squad Blu-ray (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NPY7FO/)

My Bloody Valentine Blu-ray (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N5L4SW/)

Cujo Blu-ray (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NPY7FE/)

indiephantom
09-05-2009, 05:16 AM
prices are very reasonable there.

Matt89
09-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Wow. Never thought My Bloody Valentine or Cujo would see the light of day on blu-ray. I also had no idea MBV had an HD transfer. Nice. Definitely grabbing these.

~Matt

CaptHowdy
09-23-2009, 02:17 AM
Will definitely be picking these three up! Already dumped the DVDs I had of MBV and Monster Squad.