PDA

View Full Version : Texas Chainsaw Remake (Blu-Ray) $14.99 at Wal-Mart

BlackAndBlu81
09-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Just giving everyone whos interested a heads up. I picked up The TCM remake at wal-mart for $14.99 last night. Ive checked at 3 wal-marts here in WV and they all have it in stock. Its not due in stores until the 29th of this month.

Katatonia
09-09-2009, 01:01 AM
It's $9.99 at Best Buy.

fceurich39
09-09-2009, 01:06 AM
It's $9.99 at Best Buy.

does bestbuy stores have it in stock now?

Katatonia
09-09-2009, 01:11 AM
does bestbuy stores have it in stock now?

It shows it in stock at the nearest 6 stores here, and it's listed in their weekly ad. Wal-Mart would have to match the price.

BlackAndBlu81
09-09-2009, 01:11 AM
If they do thats a helluva deal. Cost me the diffrence in gas here though. The nearest best buy is like 45 minutes away.

Harry Warden
09-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Shit - I saw this in their ad this past weekend, but their site states not available til 9/29 and my local BB had the original 1974 release for $9.99 instead.

Katatonia
09-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Shit - I saw this in their ad this past weekend, but their site states not available til 9/29 and my local BB had the original 1974 release for $9.99 instead.

Just take it to Wal-Mart, show them the Best Buy ad, and they should price match it there.

Of course if you don't have a local Best Buy store near you, they may not be able to match the advertised price.

rxfiend
09-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Walmart also has FvJ for $10.

Vlachio
09-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Leatherface getting his ass handed to him by some bulimic bitch equals bullshit. I fooking loath this film I wouldn't want it in my collection. I'm blown away at several of you here buying it. :joshua:

bigdaddyhorse
09-09-2009, 04:57 PM
My local Wal-Mart has nothing mentioned here in their ever shrinking BR section (if it was the only store I went to, I'd swear BD was a dying format right now). I'm shocked and happy they had Midnight Movie there yesterday.

Jessica Biel ain't bulimic, she's toned just right.:D:sperm:

bigdaddyhorse
09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
So there was a in-store sign for this at $9.99 (on the rack sign) but no copies of it and nothing about it in the ad at all. The sign did say in small print on the bottom, valid until 10/03 or 10/04 (almost all sale signs had one of those 2 dates on them).

Does BB have different ads for different areas, or are some of you tripping?

I took a picture of the sign to show Wally if they might have it later today or tomorrow. Gonna have to drive to the other WM about 10 minutes down I-94 cuz my local one SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!

Harry Warden
09-10-2009, 12:28 AM
So there was a in-store sign for this at $9.99 (on the rack sign) but no copies of it and nothing about it in the ad at all. The sign did say in small print on the bottom, valid until 10/03 or 10/04 (almost all sale signs had one of those 2 dates on them).

Does BB have different ads for different areas, or are some of you tripping?

I took a picture of the sign to show Wally if they might have it later today or tomorrow. Gonna have to drive to the other WM about 10 minutes down I-94 cuz my local one SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!

I was mistaken. I didn't see it in this weeks BB ad, but on their website. It does say availability begins 9/29.

othervoice1
09-10-2009, 01:07 AM
yea the remake is bad- but if they have the original for 9.99 on blu at some best buy stores i might have to pick that one up

Vlachio
09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Jessica Biel ain't bulimic, she's toned just right.:D:sperm:

Stop thinking with the wrong head. I hope your blu ray commits suicide & blow ups. :fuck:

Gonna have to drive to the other WM about 10 minutes down I-94 cuz my local one SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!

OMG I totally know what your talking about! Isn't that shit a total trip? I go through the same shit too! I always avoid certain WM's myself. Part of the reason is you get too many people running to same store. While another WM is like always dead on arrival. The only shit I hate is when they put the Blu rays behind locked glass racks. I think its call in THE GHETTO? :nervous:

Katatonia
09-10-2009, 11:26 AM

Yeah, no shit, my store sucks mummified chupacabra cocks. It's a large Supercenter and has basically everything, but it's shit compared to the 2nd closest Wal-Mart which is a bit smaller in size. It's cleaner and more organized at that one, no boxes piled up in the middle of aisles and everywhere else, and no braindead floor cleaners out everywhere early at (and all) night.

Also, they painted the Wal-Mart stores here in BABY POO' colors...outside and inside the store. Seriously, fugly tans and oranges. I don't know if they've done that at all stores or if it's just a regional thing, but it's beyond ugly. Who the hell thought up this color scheme?

Even if I have to pay a buck or two more for something, I pay it now. The less I'm forced to visit Wal-Mart the better.

Vlachio
09-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah, no shit, my store sucks mummified chupacabra cocks.

:spit:

bigdaddyhorse
09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
So, last holiday season this "other" W-M was a far better store, and in terms of DVD selection still is (5 racks + bargin bin vs 3 rack and bargins), but has even less BR. I never thought this possible, they probably had more BD players than movies, definitly more TV's than BD movies.
Pretty fucked up that Target has far and away the best BR selection in town. Sucks even more that their prices are way too jacked and BD never seems to go on sale there. You might save 1-3 bucks release week, but that's the end.
Looks like I'm gonna be doing most shopping online from here out.

spawningblue
09-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Anybody pick this one up? Does it have all the extras from the two disc set?

BlackAndBlu81
09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah I did,looks to have all the extras.

indiephantom
09-10-2009, 11:29 PM
heads up that Big Trouble in Little China BD is only $12.83 at Canadian Wal-Marts right now.

spawningblue
09-10-2009, 11:46 PM
heads up that Big Trouble in Little China BD is only $12.83 at Canadian Wal-Marts right now.

Damn I just bought it a few weeks ago for $23! I think they offer price differences within a month right? Mine is still brand new.

AndresG
09-10-2009, 11:48 PM
prices will keep dropping, it's just a matter of time...

chrismac87
09-11-2009, 03:58 AM
I went to my Wal Mart tonight, no dice.

Anyone willing to pick it up for me and I'll PayPal em' the money with shipping?

fceurich39
09-11-2009, 04:25 AM
nothing here either on walmarts website it says 9/29 and in limited stores. some stores probably got it with freddy vs jason blu-ray that came out on 9/8 as chainsaw's original release date was 9/8 along with snakes on a plane blu-ray. for some unknown reason those two got pushed back a couple weeks or of course other stores got it and realised the date change. i got harper's island dvd set 2 weeks back at my walmart.
also walmart is getting ready changing their movies hopefully the blu-ray selection will increase last time it shrunk.
alot of times when they change there titles they put out upcoming titles early like cujo,nightmare on elm street infifilm dvds a couple years ago.

indiephantom
09-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Damn I just bought it a few weeks ago for $23! I think they offer price differences within a month right? Mine is still brand new.

I'm sure if it's sealed you could.

MorallySound
09-11-2009, 06:02 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I went to the closest Wal-Mart here and picked up Big Trouble, Rocky, Edward Scissorhands, 28 Weeks Later, and The Omen ('76) on BD all for $12.83 CDN each. And got the Hardbodies collection for $13.

They didn't have the TCM remake though.

indiephantom
09-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I went to the closest Wal-Mart here and picked up Big Trouble, Rocky, Edward Scissorhands, 28 Weeks Later, and The Omen ('76) on BD all for $12.83 CDN each. And got the Hardbodies collection for $13.

Glad you took advantage of the deals. More and more I'm tempted to hold off on buying too much stuff new, particularly catalog titles. I can wait for these price drops. It's just so worth it. The Hardbodies Collection is such a great addition to my collection. :banana:

spawningblue
09-13-2009, 11:55 PM

Were there any other Blu's for that price? I went to Wal Mart last night to get a price adjustment on my Big Trouble Blu Ray but didn't see what else they had as their Big Trouble still had the old price on the cover, so I figured the rest probably wouldn't have the correct new prices. That and all they were all locked up so you couldn't go through them without getting an employee to open it up for you.

rxfiend
09-14-2009, 12:27 AM
I found this at a local Wal-mart last night. It wasn't with the side rack of blu rays, but rather on one of those "hang on" single racks that are throughout the electronics section. Perhaps other stores are putting them there as well? I seen FvJ as well, but Amazon shipped my copy the other day. No Creepshow though.

As for the TCM blu, excellent quality!! WB did a great job on it. The extras are standard definition, but it's good of WB to include all of the stuff from the 2 disc dvd.

Katatonia
09-14-2009, 01:39 AM
I grabbed it last night at Wal-Mart, and got it for $9.99 price matched.

WAL-MART OWED ME THAT MUCH!!!

I go there once a week usually, no more than I need to. Last night a grease fire broke out in the Subway eatery inside the store.

Employees were yelling down through the aisles (and later over the intercom) that everyone had to vacate the building IMMEDIATELY. "Leave everything, bring no store items to the front." No fire alarm was ever heard, silent perhaps...I don't know.

So, about 30-40 people rushed up to the front of the store and the one set of front doors were locked and blocked off! Not only that, but a jackass employee was yelling and shooing at everyone to proceed clear to the other side of the store and get out via those doors. Can we say stupid? Those doors were practically right next to the fire!

And another thing, when we did actually get outside of the store: one of the store managers actually climbed up onto the roof gawking only about 10 feet away from the fire which was burning plainly visible off the roof...not to mention the obvious smoke and heat. Why in the hell would the moron go up there BEFORE the fire department even got there, when a serious fire was clearly blazing?

So, basically Wal-Mart broke several fire codes. My father used to be a fireman, and I lodged a complaint with one of the fireman, who was actually even trained by my father many years ago. He certainly didn't think too much of the store's stupidity, and promised it would be investigated.

The management at this store is utterly pathetic. It's no wonder that the store is such an unorganized mess. I truly hope they get their dumbasses fined. Of course, that'll come out of their petty cash and won't make any difference. :eek2:

So basically, I wasted a good 1-2 hours last night waiting outside of Wal-Mart. I couldn't even leave since my car was parked near the store and you couldn't get closer than 100 feet.

Chalk one more up to why I'll continue buying less at Wal-Mart.

Reverenddave
09-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Amazon has this for $9.99 right now.

spawningblue
09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
So it looks like the Freddy vs Jason and Texas remake Blu Rays have all the extras but the still galleries. Can anyone that bought these confirm that the still galleries are missing before I sell of my old DVDs?

Katatonia
09-17-2009, 12:42 AM
So it looks like the Freddy vs Jason and Texas remake Blu Rays have all the extras but the still galleries. Can anyone that bought these confirm that the still galleries are missing before I sell of my old DVDs?

Neither Blu-ray has the DVD still galleries ported over.

rxfiend
09-17-2009, 01:42 AM
I watched FvJ on blu today and then started to check out the special features. I think NL made a boo-boo. I watched the "Devleopment Hell" featurette then went to watch the "On Location: Springwood" featurette, but what came up wasn't the same as the DVD version. Instead, a "Starz" featurette that played on the Starz channel came up instead! Anyone else notice this?

DVD-fanatic-9
09-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Leatherface getting his ass handed to him by some bulimic bitch equals bullshit. I fooking loath this film I wouldn't want it in my collection. I'm blown away at several of you here buying it. :joshua:
Same here.

This is just plain ludicrous and the perfect example of why the genre's output isn't getting better. Nor is it likely to improve any time soon.

unstoppable
09-18-2009, 04:30 AM
My walmart had them too. I had them price match best buy and picked up a couple of copies for ebay.

Really good disc.

fceurich39
09-22-2009, 07:05 PM
of the 3 walmarts i have the one i don't usually go to had it locked up with other blu-rays so i picked it up today

chrismac87
09-22-2009, 07:34 PM
of the 3 walmarts i have the one i don't usually go to had it locked up with other blu-rays so i picked it up today

DAMN YOU!!!!! lol.

Grim
09-22-2009, 07:36 PM
There are so many other blu's that I want, so I had to weigh in which ones were most important for Sept-Oct and unfortunately this one was bumped off to the sidelines by other must haves.

Mutilated Prey
09-22-2009, 07:56 PM
There are so many other blu's that I want, so I had to weigh in which ones were most important for Sept-Oct and unfortunately this one was bumped off to the sidelines by other must haves.

Same here.

CaptHowdy
09-23-2009, 03:12 AM
I picked up Freddy vs. Jason for $10 and TCM '03 for $14.95...didn't bother with price matching, but I saw it later on Wal-Mart.com for $9 and change.

bigdaddyhorse
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Best Buy finally got this in today. Funny, the $9.99 sale price tag was there 3 weeks ago, then disappeared (maybe someone took it to Wal-Mart, I almost did but took a picture with my phone instead :D Also WM still doesn't have this today:rolleyes:) and is still MIA.

Thankfully it still rang up at $9.99 despite the $24.99 price tag. I was ready to call the manager over and show the picture of the sale tag (dated good until 10/03) but thankfully didn't have to find out if that would work.:)

Harry Warden
09-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Best Buy finally got this in today. Funny, the $9.99 sale price tag was there 3 weeks ago, then disappeared (maybe someone took it to Wal-Mart, I almost did but took a picture with my phone instead :D Also WM still doesn't have this today:rolleyes:) and is still MIA.

Thankfully it still rang up at $9.99 despite the $24.99 price tag. I was ready to call the manager over and show the picture of the sale tag (dated good until 10/03) but thankfully didn't have to find out if that would work.:)

Yeah..I bought this for $9.99 at Best Buy as well. After waiting for the damn thing for a month. They had two copies left when I got there. I'm glad I didn't wait another day to buy it. With my luck, they would have been sold out. It is nowhere to be found at my local Walmart.

CaptHowdy
09-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I generally hate remakes, but don't mind this one too much. And for under $10, I think it's a must have, if for nothing more then completion's sake.

spawningblue
09-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I watched FvJ on blu today and then started to check out the special features. I think NL made a boo-boo. I watched the "Devleopment Hell" featurette then went to watch the "On Location: Springwood" featurette, but what came up wasn't the same as the DVD version. Instead, a "Starz" featurette that played on the Starz channel came up instead! Anyone else notice this?

?

Mutilated Prey
10-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Got mine at BestBuy today for $9.99. I saw they were selling the original Halloween for $9.99 as well, but there were none left, just the remake 2 disc that usually goes for like $25. I tried to pretend it was $9.99 per the sale tag on the rack when I went to checkout, but they didn't go for it :p

They also have Halloween, Children of the Corn and Hellraiser 3-pack Blus' for $34 which I thought was a good deal but I already have Halloween.

spawningblue
10-07-2009, 07:53 PM

?

Anyone else able to confirm this yet?