PDA

View Full Version : Which Halloween is better?

rhett
09-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Okay, we all know the original is best, but from the two Rob Zombie epics, which HALLOWEEN do you like best? HALLOWEEN (2007) or H2 (2009)?

NaturesMistake
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
H2 by a mile.

Severn
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Okay, we all know the original is best, but from the two Rob Zombie epics, which HALLOWEEN do you like best? HALLOWEEN (2007) or H2 (2009)?

Why do you do this to us?

Mitbox
09-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Why rhett, why...you know deep in your heart both are awful beyond words. A poll was not necessary, most of us already know Rob's Halloweens should have never been green-lit.

indiephantom
09-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I liked H2 better. I wasn't particularly fond of the Daeg Farch or much of the backstory in the first Zombie Halloween. That's his worst by far.

Workshed
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Poll options aren't public? Cowards! ;)

Angelman
09-08-2009, 11:06 PM
What do you like more:

a) Being kicked in the junk?

or

b) Being punched in the face?

Dave
09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
What disgusts me is that Rhett hated the first one by Zombie, yet still watched the second one. Have some pride, man.

Mark my words: I'll never watch H2 as long as I live. The first one was that bad.

Anthropophagus
09-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I prefer the Halloween back in 1979 when I dressed up as Gene Simmons and had sex for the first time on Old Boo Radley's back porch....
Oh, Oh you meant Rob Zombie?!? Hated those films.

Severn
09-08-2009, 11:25 PM
What do you like more:

or

That's a question I can actually answer.

AndresG
09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Well, I must admit the 2007 one is slightly better than the new one although I don't like either one.

The original 1979 version will ALWAYS lay waste to any remake or sequel no matter who directs it.

Anthropophagus
09-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Well, I must admit the 2007 one is slightly better than the new one although I don't like either one.

The original 1979 version will ALWAYS lay waste to any remake or sequel no matter who directs it.

It was actually 1978 and I agree 100%.
I was joking with my previous post.

snowbeast323
09-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I can't make up my mind in all truthfulness.....

SickNick89
09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
What disgusts me is that Rhett hated the first one by Zombie, yet still watched the second one. Have some pride, man.

Mark my words: I'll never watch H2 as long as I live. The first one was that bad.

I don't blame him. The only way to truly know if a movie is good or bad is to see it yourself. I'll always go see for myself because there have been times where movies I would have totally written off suprise me and I actually like them. The movie that once thought would be the worst movie of 2006 made my top 5 that year. H2 is the same I HATED rz's Halloween but I quite enjoyed it.

So H2 by a mile.

X-human
09-09-2009, 12:53 AM
I prefer the Halloween back in 1979 when I dressed up as Gene Simmons and had sex for the first time on Old Boo Radley's back porch....

Weren't you dressed up as a ham? OH, GENE SIMMONS, I get it. :D

Anyways... Yeah, I never intend to watch either movie. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of movies I'd like better. Many I already own and have yet to see, so to spend time on either of Zombie's opuses is not really an option.

Just a few screen shots of the money shot are all I really need to see from either.

Ash28M
09-09-2009, 01:01 AM
the first was disjointed but had some good moments. I was checking my watch half way through the second. Zombie needs to get away from this series fast. I'll still support him I felt The Devil's Rejects was one of the best of the last decade, so I know he has it in him.

rhett
09-09-2009, 01:14 AM

Well, the only reason I saw the second is so I could be the voice of reason when all the Zombie fans heralded his new one a masterpiece. When the first came out and almost instantly became one of the worst films I've ever seen, I figured there was no way anyone could possibly enjoy it. Then I saw all the love. So with H2, I saw it solely for the fact that I wanted to be able to comment on it for fear Rob Zombie would take over the world. Lo and behold, I actually thought it was pretty good. Believe me, that's the last thing I was expecting, but I guess it does go to show that with art you're never in for a sure thing.

Grim
09-09-2009, 01:14 AM
H2 definitely. Loved the first one, loved this one even more.

Cujo108
09-09-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm a fan of both, but the more I think about it, the more I lean towards H2. The lack of Kristina Klebe did hurt it though. :D

I still think HO1KC is Zombie's weakest effort by far.

Angelman
09-09-2009, 01:48 AM
In all truth, I hated Halloween (remake) so much that I avoided it until maybe a few weeks ago and it was awful. It really was. Not scary, hillbilly trash. I like Rob Zombie and I WANT him to do well but it was just bad bad bad.

The original is my favorite film, regardless of genre. So beautiful, so classic. Why try to improve on it? My only hope is that the new director for H3-D get the ship back on track.

Harry Warden
09-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Both are masterpieces!!!

eric_angelus
09-09-2009, 04:21 AM
As much as I wanted to vote for awful beyond words...had to proudly proclaim that I have never seen either. Never have. Never will.

crikan
09-09-2009, 05:04 AM
I enjoyed both but I thought 2007 was more fun. But I wouldn't be surprised if I like H2 better when the Unrated Director's Cut comes to Blu-ray.

spawningblue
09-09-2009, 06:38 AM
I thought the first one was okay, far from good though. I will probably eventually see the second one, although I am in no rush. The "no theme music" and homeless hillbilly Myers sounds pretty bad to me, as does Sherri's ghost and white horse. And the fact that Laurie is now a crack whore. And the fact that Myers lifts up a car and tosses it. And... Oh who am I kidding, the whole movies looks pretty terrible!

Nasty Nate
09-09-2009, 07:04 AM
H2 held my attention better. I still can't make it through the first remake without wanting to nod off.

satans-sadists
09-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Watching the first was enough for me to just say fuck no to the rest of this bullshit remake series.

KamuiX
09-09-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm among the elite that have yet to subject my eyes to these travesties :D

You'd really have to strap me down, Malcolm McDowell style, to have me watch them (or I'd have to be delirious with the flu, like I was when I finally watched House of the Dead, too lazy to change the channel. :p)

Paff
09-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Watching the first was enough for me to just say fuck no to the rest of this bullshit remake series.

Yeah, and this should have been an option in the poll, Rhett. "Hated the first, no need to see the second"

I'm among the elite that have yet to subject my eyes to these travesties :D

You'd really have to strap me down, Malcolm McDowell style, to have me watch them

Intentional pun at how far he's fallen?

I've only seen part of the first one. It was on a free preview of some pay channel back in July. I DVR'd it, suffered through the first 20 minutes or so, then FF'd to Danielle Harris' topless scene. Then mercifully cleared it from my DVR for all time.

Vlachio
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I only saw a few min of the first total shit. I fucking loath Rob Zombie now. Dude went from being my hero to a total zero. I can't fucking stand him now & I will not support his films.

BoredSeal
09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
What do you like more:

or

I think I prefer being kicked in the junk. Problem is, I donīt know which Zombieīs Halloween is closer to junk.

Mok
09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I picked the first one. The second one is close, but the first had the bigger statement - convincing the viewer that a re-imagining was not only possible, but worth the price of admission. Re-treading pre-established horror holy ground and still making it cool. The best scene in that one for me was the tableau of the crime scene with Michael in the squad car. A really chilling moment.

What I liked best about the second film was the girl who played Laurie. Much like Devil's Rejects you get to see her character in a different light than the first film and she really brought it out well.

fceurich39
09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
i prefer the halloween 2007 but i am anxious to see the director's cut of H2 as it sounds way better than the theatrical abomination

Richard--W
09-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Both are awful beyond words.

I must qualify my vote, however, with the admission that I walked out on both remakes before they were over.

Richard