PDA

View Full Version : 3 Disc Dawn of the Dead blu ray (UK)

rxfiend
09-22-2009, 08:19 AM
I seen this posted on the avmaniacs forum:
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/The_Associates/Dawnexploded_withoba72dpiRGB.jpg
No info really posted except it's 3 discs (1 blu, 2 dvd) and includes bonus artwork with irreversible covers for the cases and that it's an UK release. Anyone else hear about this?

Stige
09-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I've seen it but haven't found any info anywhere but on play com , it soes say the the Dario Argento version is HD as well??

Grim
09-22-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm confused. 5 cases, but only 3 discs? And only one of them is a blu? Boo on that. The ultimate edition will eventually come out here so in the mean time I'll be content with the Theatrical (true Director's Cut) that's out right now.

CaptHowdy
09-23-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm confused. 5 cases, but only 3 discs? And only one of them is a blu? Boo on that. The ultimate edition will eventually come out here so in the mean time I'll be content with the Theatrical (true Director's Cut) that's out right now.

I'm with you on that one. Any word if the unconfirmed Ultimate Edition Blu Ray is for real, or just rumor at this point?

fceurich39
09-23-2009, 02:15 AM
yeah anchor bay usa ultimate edition is in the works i heard it will be a 3 disc set disc 1 having all 3 versions on it like the close encounters blu-ray disc 2 will have all the special features and disc 3 is supposedly going to have a new cut of the film wheher it being the 156 min ultimate cut or the dawn of the dead 3D version

BlackAndBlu81
09-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Heres the article from Fangoria.-http://www.fangoria.com/home/news/27-international-frights/3998-new-uk-dawn-of-the-dead-blu-raydvd-release-screenings.html

It will be 3 disc with 4 diffrent cover arts + extras.

Ill have it just for the Savini documentory and the Document of the dead extras that the Ultimate edition didnt have.

chrismac87
09-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Wonder if it's going to be region free? Hope so, would love to get my hands on this.

BlackAndBlu81
09-23-2009, 02:51 AM
I highly doubt it will be. They have only released one Blu-ray so far(Cinema Paradiso)and it was Region B. Hopefully they do make it all region,for most peoples sakes. Wont matter to me though because im region free LOL.

Buddusky
09-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Great, thanks for the link BlackAndBlu81. I' ll definitely be at the Glasgow showing of this! :banana::D:banana:

springjack
09-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Ill have it just for the Savini documentory and the Document of the dead extras that the Ultimate edition didnt have.

My Ultimate Edition from Anchor Bay has the Document of the Dead on dvd 4.
________
Mazdaspeed3 (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazdaspeed3)

rxfiend
09-23-2009, 08:21 AM
BlackandBlu is referring to the Document of the Dead bonus features that were not on the Ultimate Edition set, but were on the Synapse release of Document of the Dead. Anchor Bay just used the actual documentary and did not port over the extras.

ekent
09-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I might buy this on the cheap in a few years for collection purposes.

Buddusky
09-23-2009, 03:18 PM
The Cinema is showing a double bill of Dawn and Day with Q & A with Ken Foree and Joe Pilato. Got my ticket. :D

fceurich39
12-17-2009, 02:27 AM
damn this is awesome i hope the region 1 ultimate edition is coming still but will nowhere near as good as this release

Arrow Video have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of Dawn of the Dead on 19th October 2009 priced at 17.99 RRP. George A. Romero's classic zombie movie is presented as a special three-disc edition – exclusive to the UK – and includes the George A. Romero approved Theatrical Cut of the film in 1080p resolution on Blu-ray, plus the Director's Cut and the Dario Argento Cut on DVD, the latter being made available on DVD as part of this collection for the first time in the UK.

Also included is a host of extras that include the rarely seen "Scream Greats" documentary on the career of special effects wizard Tom Savini, audio commentaries by the filmmakers and, for the first time, French Romero fanatic Nicolas Garreau's fascinating travelogue-come-documentary "Fan Of The Dead". Additionally, exclusively designed packaging features four different sets of artwork from which fans can choose to display the collection, including the little-seen "gasmask" artwork and an all-new, specially commissioned oil painting commemorating this landmark release of the film.

Dawn of the Dead is an HMV Exclusive release at first but will be available from all retailers around March next year.

Disc One (Blu Ray)
Theatrical cut of the feature in 1080p High Definition
DTS HD and Stereo audio options
Audio commentary by director George A Romero, special effects artist Tom Savini and assistant director Chris Romero
Audio commentary by producer Richard P. Rubinstein
"Document of the Dead" documentary
"Document of the Dead: The Lost Interview" and deleted scenes
"Fan of the Dead" documentary

Disc Two (DVD)
Director's cut of the feature
"The Dead Will Walk" documentary

Disc Three (DVD)
Dario Argento's cut of the feature
"Scream Greats" documentary
Publicity Vault containing US and German trailers, TV and Radio spots, reviews, Arrow Video's Giallo trailers ("Macabre", "Sleepless" and "The House by the Cemetery")

Also included
Exclusive, four artwork option packaging; double sided poster with all-new Rick Melton painting on one side and the original UK theatrical artwork on reverse; "For Every Night There is a Dawn" booklet written by Calum Waddell.

Grim
12-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Still, if someone already owns the Ultimate Edition, this set doesn't seem worth all the extra dough for a few exclusive extras, some new artwork, and the Theatrical Cut in HD. (Especially when the US blu can be had for cheap)

X-human
12-17-2009, 05:39 PM
DotD TC is available on Blu-ray R1, so to throw it in an Ultimate DVD boxset as a replacement for only the TC DVD isn't inspiring me to shell out any cash. The Scream Greats documentary would be nice but not worth another purchase.

Down the road, they gotta do better.

rabidgoatboy
05-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know how the arrow blu-ray transfer compares to the anchor bay blu-ray?

buck135
05-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know how the arrow blu-ray transfer compares to the anchor bay blu-ray?

There is no comparison. While the Arrow transfer is nice, the Anchor Bay transfer is vastly superior.