PDA

View Full Version : Your Preferred 'Army Of Darkness' Ending

Peter Vincent
12-07-2001, 07:25 PM
OK, horrorheads, I gotta another poll for ya! But there's a small story behind my influence for this poll.

Something interesting happened about 3 nights ago. My sisters (who love the Evil Dead Trilogy ALMOST as much as I do....notice the 'almost') were over at my crib & they had never seen the director's cut AOD ending. Since I have the LE, I showed it to them & they actually HATED it! They feel Ash should've gotten the happy "got-the-girl/I'm-the-hero" ending & agreed with Universal's decision to can Sam Raimi's original ending.

I liked the Director's cut ending....up to now (maybe because I had never seen it B4 and I was like...."whoa!")

So what ending do you prefer....AND WHY?!?!? Do U prefer Ash to suffer some more in a desolate future? or Ash still kickin' *ss...but in the present? Vote away!

Shannafey
12-07-2001, 08:43 PM
I like the S-Mart Ending, because it was much cooler and it makes the character of Ash seem cooler, and not like such a bumbler.

Cujo108
12-07-2001, 10:17 PM
I voted for the post apocalyptic ending from the director's cut. It is a MUCH better ending in my opinion!

rhett
12-07-2001, 10:53 PM
It is a really tough vote, because I thought both were very good for different reasons. The ending in the directors cut was more true to Ash's nature, and had a great "Planet of the Apes" feel to it. The actual ending was good in making Ash more heroic and is more fitting in tone and feel to the rest of the film. Flip a coin, and I choose the director's ending, just for the beard :)

Django
12-08-2001, 04:25 AM
If the films would have continued, I'd have said the Apocalyptic one.

But since AOD seems to be the end of Ash, I say cut the dude some slack and went with the S-Mart one...

ephilman
12-08-2001, 04:40 AM
I chose the S-Mart ending for two reasons. First, the story is relentless in portraying Ash as a bumbling braggard - all bravado and few redeeming qualities - and it works great, but there is no character arc, no growth, no change. The S-mart ending changes that, makes the character more complete, just like the ending of the second EVIL DEAD did. The second reason is more Bridgit Fonda!

Egg_Shen
12-08-2001, 05:04 AM
*NEWS FLASH*... Ash IS a bumbling braggard. He still kicks ass when it comes to those pestering deadites though :D .

thrashard76
12-08-2001, 06:39 AM
I like the S-Mart ending best but I only have the apocalyptic ending. I'm starting to like the apocalyptic ending more cuz it sets up for an awesome 4th installment (if and when).

He should fight some deadites in the future and find someone with an unfinished time machine. That person also knows that a distant library has the Necronomicon. Ash goes to find the Book while the machine gets worked on.

He returns after some bad episodes in the library with the book. Ash uses "SCIENCE" to finish the machine...warps back to the present day S-Mart parking lot (before present day ED 2) where the deadites will follow him through the time warp before it closes and possesses everyone in the parking lot. He reaches the S-Mart doors but not before bumping the book out of his hands onto the entrance doors stuck in between the closing doors. No time...he rushes to get inside and runs to the Sports department.

Ash starts to think up a plan. And a certain female customer shopping there just happens to walk past him on his way to the department. They talk and realize what they must do. She (from ED 2) knows the passages but the book is at the front of the store and deadities are beginning to enter the store. Left and right shoppers are getting possessed or ripped apart. Its up to Ash to save the day..."GROOVY!"

...And guess who arrived late for work today...? Yep, it's present day Ash...who is now an Evil Deadite........Evil Ash returns! Hooray!!!

Whatcha' think?;)

thrashard76
12-08-2001, 07:16 AM
1. Evil Dead 4: Dead Ite Special

2. Evil Dead 4: Shop 'Til You Drop...Dead

3. Army Of Darkness 2: Ash VS The World

4. Evil Dead 4: Dead 4 Ash

5. World Of Darkness: Dead Time For The World

6. Evil Dead 4: Ash VS The Deadites

7. Evil Dead 4: Timeless Dead

Demon Tech
12-08-2001, 03:46 PM
S-Mart

bigdaddyhorse
12-10-2001, 04:40 AM
I can't vote because I like both. I guess it depends what kinda mood I'm in, after a shit day, it's "no hope" all the way.
After a good day, S-mart is funnier and the girl is fly.
Today was good, but tommorrow's Monday, so I can't call it.

jscott
12-12-2001, 12:07 AM
I SLEPT TOO LONG!!!!!!!! That's my vote. I love this ending, but you gotta love the S mart ending too (Ted Raimi, he's great in every role he plays).

Peter Vincent
12-12-2001, 03:29 PM
After viewing both & analyzing them thoroughly, I had to finally vote for the S-mart Shootout ending! Since the trilogy is "finished" (although I hope not), its a better/happier ending for Ash.

Erg0n
12-13-2001, 02:57 AM
Hail To The King Baby!

all the way1

Evil Disco Guy
12-15-2001, 02:47 AM
The original ending is far, far better...

"Manufactured products!"