PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight batpod blu for dirt

Dave
10-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Was holding the mask edition blu-ray at Target for $15. Almost bit but remembered that the regular 2-disc was on Amazon used for ~$11. Could bring myself to do it.

Found this on DVD Talk:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001J53X9U/ref=sr_1_olp_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1254620895&sr=8-2

It's the batpod edition - on Amazon Marketplace. It was $9.99 yesterday but some have shown up for $7.21 today, which means ~$10 delivered.

Pretty good deal. There's a few left. I finally bit. Happy to own it finally.

And this pretty much brings me to why I'll never spend more than $15 on a blu unless it's something I just can't wait to own.

rxfiend
10-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Just ordered one! Thanks for posting this!!

bigdaddyhorse
10-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks for this thread/link, just in time for me.:banana::banana::banana:

I had bought the standard BD at Best Buy last month (9/09) so I could still return it, then buy the $7.21 new one from Amazon. With shipping it's just over half what I paid for the normal on sale with tax!

Methinks I'll be buying many of my BD's from Amazon. Just waiting for the newer stuff to take the price dives. This is the second so far, last week I got Return to House on Haunted Hill for $8 including shipping.:)

bigdaddyhorse
10-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Got mine yesterday. It would've been mint, except the fucking mailman punched a hole in the side forcing it into my mailbox, so that put a hole in one side of the box inside.:fuck::fuck::fuck::fuck::fuck:

Normally I'd flip out about this, but at the price I got this and considering the box will be buried in storage, I didn't. Besides, I can't return it for another one and really can't do shit. No fault of the seller anyway. Fuck the post office!

Thanks again for the thread and link. I never would've thought to look for this. Unfortunatly the super-low prices haven't carried to any other "pimp editions" (like Blade Runner or Watchmen), at least not yet.:)

Dave
10-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah got mine today but my post guy is pretty good - no problems. Deal of the year for me. Icing on the cake that I have wanted to own it badly but hadn't bought it.

neversummer
10-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Jebus, there's one on the shelf of my local FutureShop going for $59 CDN and the box looks tattered and used. You guys got a sweat deal.

bigdaddyhorse
10-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Jebus, there's one on the shelf of my local FutureShop going for $59 CDN and the box looks tattered and used. You guys got a sweat deal.

Yeah, there's one on the shelf behind the clerks at FYE here (I'm pretty sure it's the US FutureShop, they get the same steelbooks and shit) for $79.99 US. Probably close to the Canadian conversion.
DVDProfiler and Amazon.com say the retail price on this is $64.98 US. Are FYE prices that jacked up? I always thought they were full retail, not full retail + 15-20%

There's still some on amazon for great prices. Not as great as we got, but for $15-20 you can easily have this.

rxfiend
10-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Mine arrived yesterday. It is now sitting on my shelf! I do wish the discs would have came in a regular blu ray case though.

bigdaddyhorse
10-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Mine arrived yesterday. It is now sitting on my shelf! I do wish the discs would have came in a regular blu ray case though.

I feel ya on that. Thankfully this makes that FYE Steelbook of the dvd not useless, as I'll put my BD's in there and give the dvds to a friend.:) Not really a true BD case, but it will work.

I also think the cycle feels kinda cheap and fragile. I expected better quality for the price, like soft vinyl, not hard plastic. It looks fricking cool on top of a dvd bookcase though.:D