Hellbilly
12-07-2001, 09:29 PM
Extrasensory perception?

Premonitions?

Visions?

Vote for your favorite Psychic...

Cujo108
12-07-2001, 10:21 PM
I chose Christopher Walken in The Dead Zone. Very powerful performance by the awesome Walken, and the movie is superb.

Hellbilly
12-07-2001, 10:30 PM
Good pick Cujo. Chris Walken was very good in Dead Zone, and like you said he gave a powerful (and I might add sensitive) performance. The Dead Zone is one of Cronenberg's best films.

rhett
12-07-2001, 11:03 PM
Another vote for Walken, but I was torn between him, Cate Blanchette and Miss Faye. Blanchette brought a lot of emotion into her character into The Gift, and I wouldn't be suprised if she gets an Oscar nomination for it, but in the end Walken's performance just sticks out in my mind as tragic and sincere, and I always remember that line, "Your house is on fire!" it is classic. Walken is totally underrated, and he is the saving grace for almost all of the lame Hollywood movies he's been in the last couple years.

Dark Lord
12-08-2001, 02:56 AM
just gotta vote for Deep Red...

Mark Relford
12-08-2001, 04:08 AM
Excellent poll, Hellbilly.

Yet another vote for the talented Walken. It's a tie between Danny Lloyd and Zelda Rubinstein for second place.

Jason25
12-08-2001, 06:54 AM
Jennifer O'Neill, hands down, the best.

Agent Z
12-08-2001, 07:00 AM
The psychic from The Changeling......damn...can't remember her name.....loved the way the spirit communicated through frantic scribbles on endless sheets of paper.....:)

slinker
12-08-2001, 08:02 AM
Fantastic Poll, i had to go for the psychic sisters in `Dont Look Now` they always send a shiver down my spine whenever i watch that powerful movie..this is long overdue for a DVD release.

Hellbilly
12-08-2001, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by MISSIONCODEZ
The psychic from The Changeling......damn...can't remember her name.....loved the way the spirit communicated through frantic scribbles on endless sheets of paper.....:)

Another great performance I forgot/missed...Thanks for reminding me MISSION!

Hellbilly
12-08-2001, 11:34 AM
Eeeeeh thankie Mark and all the others hehe.
I see myself more of a polemaster :D then a pollmaster.
Just trying to please the crowd...

Dark Lord: Always loved that sig of yours, had Macha Meril especially for you in mind. :)

swr2777
12-08-2001, 11:44 AM
I agree with everyone above. Hellbilly is, without question, the MackDaddy of the polls section. Congrats on yet ANOTHER phatty poll!

I went with Faye D. in EYES OF LAURA MARS, but it was a tough call. Great collection of performances listed here.

Hellbilly
12-08-2001, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by swr2777
I went with Faye D. in EYES OF LAURA MARS, but it was a tough call.

Are you psychic? ;)

I also voted for Faye Dunaway.

Yowie
12-08-2001, 11:23 PM
Yes, excellent poll. Walken gets my vote, but those creepy sisters in "Don't Look Now" must take 2nd place. Not really surprised I chose Walken's great(est) performance from the '80s, as I think that decade (the '80s) was the last decade with truly great performances by the big stars. I think it's probably because the actors made fewer movies then so the performances were that more effective, today they make, what, a dozen movies a year. As an effect, you unavoidably care less.

Peter Vincent
12-10-2001, 05:15 PM
Lots of goodies to choose from! But Haley Joel osment's "visions" in The Sixth Sense could've driven anyone out of their minds yet he managed to conquer his fear of "dead people" & use his power for good instead of going the way Donnie Wahlburg's character ended up!

Hellbilly
12-10-2001, 09:03 PM
Thank you Peter :)

Haley Joel Osment did a terrific job in The Sixth Sense ,
but so did Danny Lloyd in The Shining . Two great kid actors in two of my favorite movies.