PDA

View Full Version : My Bloody Valentine 3D

bigdaddyhorse
10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
A quick question about this disc.
What kind of 3-D glasses did it come with? Are they the newer blue/green?
I ask because I picked this up from amazon used, but it didn't come with glasses. I can return it, but would rather find out if these are the same glasses I'll end up getting with my next 3-D BD. For as cheap as I got it, this would make more sense than returning.

Second question:
Does anyone have some extra glasses they would be willing to sell or trade? I only need 2, not a full set of 4.
I know the old red/blue don't work as I tried, and the real-d glasses from the theater run of this film don't work either.

bigdaddyhorse
10-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Just got a phone call from my girl who stopped at Blockbuster. They sell them there for 16 cents a pair, so I'm all set now (assuming they are the same, sounds like it as they have MBV and Saw 6 logos on them she says).

So disregard the second question unless they are something different than the purple/green (or blue/green).

fceurich39
10-12-2009, 05:14 PM
mine on the blu-ray are green/pink

Stige
10-12-2009, 05:24 PM
green and pink with my bluray too, and the 3d worked pretty darn good

bigdaddyhorse
10-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Yep, that's what the ones from BB were, pink/green. The opening credit sequence looked pretty good.
That hand popping out dripping blood on the right side near the end of the open credits was a bit fuzzy, and the scene leading up to it was all doubled, but most of the effects I checked looked really good. Like Friday the 13th 3 DVD, the scenes without stuff popping out looked even better, as you can feel the depth of the frame. The popping effects aren't nearly as good as the theater though.

So I learned from this that if someone didn't get glasses for whatever reason, you can get cheap replacements or extras at BB (16 cents each, and I'm sure they have ones with different logos. These have MBV and Saw 6, probably not what they give kids for Monsters vs Aliens:D). I assume that the pink/green are the same system all the newer 3-D discs use (BD and DVD, I recall seeing a picture of them on Journey when that came out). Now I can go get Journey to the Center of the Earth and Caraline from the library and watch in 3-D, as well as enjoy my cheap MBV BD.:banana:

Mutilated Prey
10-12-2009, 09:36 PM
That's good to know about BlockBuster replacement glasses - thanks!!!

Ash28M
10-12-2009, 09:45 PM
IMO the film is pretty unwatchable at home with the glasses on. I had to take them off after a few minutes, as it got pretty irritating.

othervoice1
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I actually was surprised how well MBV on blu with the 3-D glasses looked on my tv- wasnt as good as the theatre but I thought it worked pretty well being on a 40" set. I did think it strained my eyes a bit more at home then at the theatre though.