PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Contest: Friday the 31st

rhett
10-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, folks, our OCTOBER MADNESS month has almost come to a close, and to send it out with a bang we're offering up all 8 of the Paramount FRIDAY THE 13TH films on Deluxe DVD for one lucky winner this October 31st. Halloween parties aren't complete without balloons, so we're throwing in a set of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME balloons as well. What do you have to do to get them? Just tell us what you're doing this Halloween.[/B]
http://www.horrordigital.com/reviews/contests/dvdcon.jpg

Well, folks, our OCTOBER MADNESS month has almost come to a close, and to send it out with a bang we're offering up all 8 of the Paramount FRIDAY THE 13TH films on Deluxe DVD for one lucky winner this October 31st. Halloween parties aren't complete without balloons, so we're throwing in a set of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME balloons as well. What do you have to do to get them? Just tell us what you're doing this Halloween.

Staying at home to watch some horror movies? Going out to a party dressed up as Peter Bark from BURIAL GROUND? Let us know what you're doing, who you're dressing up as (if you are) or even what other horror tribunal things you've been doing all month. Make one post in this thread and you could win the complete set of FRIDAY THE 13TH Deluxe DVDs. Who needs waiting for a box set, anyway?

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5409&stc=1&d=1256675089

The contest will end, fittingly, on Friday, October 30th, so get your posts in, ghouls, and get ready to get some Friday on the 31st!

Happy Halloween!

Angelman
10-27-2009, 09:28 PM
What am I doing on Halloween?

Watching my usual yearly line up: F13 Pt. 2, Fulci's Zombie, Night of The Creeps (new on Blu) and of course JC's Halloween. maybe listen to a little Misfits and Samhain as well, just to set the mood.

Hellbilly
10-27-2009, 09:31 PM
I'll be curled up on my couch watching movies and maybe handing out sweets if we get trick or treaters. I won't be dressing up or anything, but there will be a few pumpkins I'm going to carve so that should be fun.

NaturesMistake
10-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Going to a party Saturday night, having a movie marathon on November 1st to clear said hangover. This week is chalk full of goodies.

x666x
10-27-2009, 09:40 PM
We have been watching horror movies all month. Films like Death Spa and House on Tombstone Hill to name a few.

On Halloween, we will most likely be partying at a bar or a house party and as usual, telling people what horror films they should watch.

spawningblue
10-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Been watching horror movies all month. Should be able to beat my record of 31 movies!

On Friday the 30th we are having our 5th Annual Halloween Kegger. We will spookify the house up, have horror trailers playing on the TV, and of course a mix of classic tunes and horror music. Of course it is required that you dress up and I will be going as Christopher Lee's Dracula.

For Sat. the 31st I have booked the day off so I will spend it recovering from the night before by lying on the couch all day watching horror movies. When it gets dark I will be handing out candy and then heading to my friends house who is having a Halloween party. Finally from there I will be heading to my favourite Irish pub to see my friends band play and rock the night away in costume!

HAEMORRHAGE
10-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Now that's a nice haul. If there's any contest I want to win, it's this one.

Anyways, this year I'm going as a deranged surgeon. Not necassarily inspired by any specific movies but by the live performances of the band of which I share my user name with: Haemorrhage. I've got my green scrubs that'll be splattered with a nice amount of blood. Gotta have my surgeons mask as well to complete it. All this for my friends annual Halloween house party/kegger. Always a good time. Anyways, be safe everybody!

wago70
10-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm going back home to Reno this weekend for a more "family" style Halloween. I'm escaping the soon-to-be drunken, feral cityscape to hand out candy to the neighborhood kiddies in my hometown. I'll be taking an arm-full of specific Horror DVDs that have shaped my love of all things Halloween since childhood.
Not dressing up, but I'll enjoying the films on my folks' Plasma TV.
I'll be visiting this site, also.

Kim Bruun
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
It's my uncle's 70th birthday party October 31st, so I'm celebrating Halloween this Thursday by having a mate over for dinner followed by popcorn and horror movies (most definitely the 1981 Halloween II). The same mate has a tendency to hide when I leave the room, and then jump out and scare the shit out of me. I'm ashamed to say the tactic almost made me cry once...

MisterTwister
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm going to dress up as Jason and scare some trick 'r treaters. After that I'm watching Halloween, Halloween II and Trick 'r Treat.

BloodMan
10-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Watching a few horror movies... I'm feeling The Blob, Creepshow and Night of the Creeps... handing out bonbons... visiting this site probably... eating lots of nachos n cheese. :)

old-boo-radley
10-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm going to be handing out/eating candy and watching flicks. I hope to have a huge 4 day marathon (fingers crossed I got my days off I booked!) and just fucking veg out on horror movies.

maybrick
10-27-2009, 10:27 PM
I'll be taking the kids out trick or treating but otherwise I ain't got any plans. I'm sure I'll watch something afterwards but as to what it'll be is anybody's guess. Or maybe I'll yank out the ol' ouija board for a spin!

KamuiX
10-27-2009, 10:31 PM
As always, will have a horror flick marathon of 4-5 flicks. Been doing it since high school and won't stop now...heck, I even get an extra hour this year so maybe I can squeeze in another movie :D

Body Boy
10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I'll be going to a Halloween party at work.
Possibly sneak some booze and then meet up with some of my other friends who decided to go Trick or Treating. Shall be great.

Maybe I'll pop in a movie late into the night.

2D4EVER
10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Going to Connecticut to get away from everyone.

Novosibirsk
10-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Definitely some drinking and horror movies. Most likely Cemetery Man and Zombi. Was hoping to get DJ a little set of dark dance tunes (including Ministry's Everyday is Halloween) but that fell through...maybe next year.

hellraiser40
10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
a 3-movie-marathon on Halloween night (hopefully, since he's sick at the moment), during the day not that much

satans-sadists
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
My plans for Halloween are handing out trick or treat bags and then going to a ghost town fully decorated for the holiday including two haunted houses, headless horsemen, and creepy Western characters.

The month of October is so much fun here in Arizona! We've gone to three haunted houses already boasting some cool special effects. So many others we wanted to check out, but there's only so much free time.

Also plan to fit in some more movies on Saturday including a personal favorite, Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Slackjaw83
10-27-2009, 10:51 PM
During the day :
I'll be donning Devil Horns and handing out candy and temporary tattoos to any kids that venture into the Tattoo studio I work in for our town's "Business Halloween Morning" (i.e parents dress their kids up early and take them trick'r'treating to the local businesses in our business district). I'll be setting up a small "booth" in the front room this year and handling the whole "event" as if I were an old-timey Carny barker, which is always fun!

During the night :

The wife and I'll will be dressed up as a smooth lounge singer-y devil and his hot little devil-girl, hitting up our favorite local watering hole. They generally have live music, horror movie trivia, and free goodies a-plenty on Halloween night, so it's usually a good time.

After the bar, my wife and I will be heading home to watch "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "Mad Monster Party", the 2 things that we watch every halloween, while cuddling on the couch.

Man I can't wait for saturday!

f0t0z00m
10-27-2009, 10:55 PM
I will be on vacation in Florida, so I will miss the annual Halloween party we go to as well as watching a cheesy horror movie at midnight. However, hopefully I will be at Universal Studios on Halloween. I hear they have a big Halloween bash so that should be cool.

xdiggler
10-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Will be stuck at work that night. :eek:

The good new is that it's an ER, so there will be some blood and guts!!
:evil:

dayglo
10-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Going to be watching a few movies recently acquired on blu. The Thing, and TCM amongst them. :)

Will definitely find time for a party and some drinking somewhere in there as well. :p

Kodiac Jack
10-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Picking a select few amazing horror flicks to watch. Then, me and my woman are traveling to Chicago to party. I'll be Pennywise and she will be Lucille Ball.

Zombie Dude
10-27-2009, 11:50 PM
This Halloween I plan to go out. I've got this party I was invited to, a dress up. Should be fun.
Usually it consists of sitting at home and watching horror movies. I just hope I remember the night :S.

ReelFear
10-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Saturday night I'll be going to the Chiller Theatre, the biggest Halloween party in NJ, and making a short film while I'm there. Should be a memorable Halloween this year!

mrlabrad
10-28-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm going to a costume party on Saturday. It always been a tradition for my friend to host a party on Halloween. I'll dress as a zombie this year. I'm going to be doing a lot of drinking and socializing.

mrcafejava
10-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Dressing up as Kakihara and taking a trip to New Jersey for the Chiller Theatre Horror Convention :D

Mutilated Prey
10-28-2009, 01:02 AM
It's going to be a night of watching horror flicks for sure. Normally I would have flown out to Cali to see the Phish Festival, but I opted to save the cash and stay local. My lineup with probably consist of a 3-D run of Friday the 13th Part 3 and the new My Bloody Valentine blus. If I'm still awake Texas Chainsaw Massacre blu will be seen as well.

Egg_Shen
10-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Well, I have to hand out candy for where I work. Then I suppose I’ll head home and watch as many horror films as possible before falling asleep.

shape22
10-28-2009, 01:11 AM
I'll be watching movies nonstop starting Friday after work. I've been working too much this year and I haven't watched 1/10 of the DVDs and Blu-Rays that I've acquired. So I have a ton of flicks to choose from--many that I've never seen before. My Euro horror collection in particular has really grown. So Naschy, Bava, and Argento will definitely be in the mix.

I always squeeze in a bunch of Universal and Hammer flicks for Halloween too. The classic monsters that I grew up with really appeal to me at this time of year.

If I feel ambitious I'll break out my vintage olivewood Big Mac coveralls and take some full costume Myers pictures. I own quite a few Myers masks and enjoy photography as a hobby.

Katatonia
10-28-2009, 01:16 AM
What am I doing on Halloween? Probably staying in and watching my own Horror movies marathon with the girlfriend.

othervoice1
10-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Going over to a friends house to watch the original Halloween and maybe parts 2-5 as well depending on how early we get started and how late we stay up <: Handing out candy to the kiddies too

Ivy_Blue
10-28-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm going to The Magic Castle in Hollywood dressed as Cleopatra!

highclassrob
10-28-2009, 01:43 AM
For Halloween? Dressing up as Choptop of course!

KappaMoth
10-28-2009, 02:21 AM
Desperately trying to hit #31 on my October horror movie list. I just don't think it's going to happen this year, what a waste!

SpaceAce
10-28-2009, 02:27 AM
eating pizza with the family...
taking the kids trick r treating...
then watching Orphan followed by the original Halloween.

BlackAndBlu81
10-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Ill be taking my kids trick or treating. Then coming home and having a Halloween series marathon.

RickMoe
10-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Horror Movie Marathon!!

Me and my girl will be cuddled up for a night of thrills, spills and terror as we settle down with MADMAN, NIGHT OF THE CREEPS and a yet-to-be chosen 3rd entry. Chowing down on beer-filled chilli and deviled eggs never sounded sweeter!

dave13
10-28-2009, 02:50 AM
wow, awesome final contest there rhett! this year will be pretty low key. having some friends over, sans makeup, to watch horror flicks into the wee hours and pass out candy to trick r treaters.

Shannafey
10-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Going to take my kids out treat or treating then come home and watch horror movies and drink pumpkin ale!!

Richard Anthony
10-28-2009, 03:08 AM
This is a Great Contest!! I would love to Win These DVDS!!

Well, it's always a Halloween Tradition to watch a few of the Halloween Movies on Halloween Night!! Every Year it's a New Movie but it is always one of the Films in the Halloween Series!! After all, It Is 'The Night He Came Home'!!

Jason101
10-28-2009, 03:24 AM
First, I may go to a local haunted house and then after that I will probably go home and have my own horror movie marathon and hand out candy to trick 'r treaters.

vampyr789
10-28-2009, 03:43 AM
I'm gonna be with a group of friends trick 'r treating (yes we are 15 and we trick 'r treat still, cause we are cool like that LOL :D), then we are going to play an epic and scary hide and seek game in the park at 9:00 at night that will be very fun :) then we are going back to my friend's house to watch the original and classic Halloween, then I'm going back to my house (where my parents were having are party) with one friend and my friend & I, parents, grandparents, aunt/uncle and cousins are all going to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show (a tradition in my family to watch it every Halloween :))
So this Halloween is gonna be lots o' fun! :D

bigdaddyhorse
10-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Watching horror movies, smoking weed and chilling so far.
Forecast for the remainder of the month, more of the same but a higher horror movie ratio.

MagickPoultry
10-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Probably watching horror movies and answering the door in a creepy old man mask to hand out boxes of raisins to trick'r'treaters. I've decided to be "that house" this year.

bwana the clown
10-28-2009, 03:58 AM
Nothing particularly exciting for me (we don't really do Halloween here), but I think I'll have a Mario Bava evening with my recently purchased 'Blood & Black Lace' and 'Whip & The Body' (which I've not seen before) DVDs.

indiephantom
10-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Well, this year will be a bit slower than my past few where I hosted screenings and marathons. My girlfriend was supposed to join me, but she can't make due to work obligations. So I will be continuing my monthlong marathon.

I'm hoping to end with 4 films. Not sure exactly which, but Night of the Creeps should be among them. Maybe something with Vincent Price, too.

Oh, and I'll have some pizza. :)

UPDATED: My girlfriend is coming on that day!!! It will be an even better Halloween than planned.

Suicide
10-28-2009, 04:45 AM
I'll probably just be staying at home watching a bunch of movies. My roommate and his kids are going to a party with a bunch of other kids that night but I'm feeling very antisocial these days, so I doubt I'll go anywhere. I am in charge of making the scary music playlists this year, one kid friendly for the kid's party, and one actually scary playlist to make the house sound spooky. I'm thinking I can just use some Blut Aus Nord or Runhild Gammelsæter for the house music, that stuff is pretty terrifying.

zombiecraig
10-28-2009, 05:17 AM
I'm working during the day.

When I get home, the wife and I are going to watch some movies while fending off trick or treaters.

scaryguy88
10-28-2009, 05:18 AM
watching a ton of horror then heading to halloween party with my cousin he's gonna be wayne im gonna be garth...party on wayne! lol

Erick H.
10-28-2009, 06:13 AM
For several years now some friends and I have gotten together on Halloween night for a movie marathon.This year we have a new widescreen set to enjoy the films on (we'll do at least four,more if we get an early start) we usually do a bouble bill,run out and grab a bite,then settle in for another double header.There'll be greasy food,sodas and lots of laughs I'm sure.It's something I look forward to all year,I love Halloween !

DVDBone
10-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Every night this month, I've been watching a horror flick in preparation for the big night! I started on October 1st with a movie from 2008 and am counting down to October 31st when I'll watch the original Halloween (1978) in glorious Blu-Ray. 31 years of horror movies in 31 days! Other than watching Halloween BD, I'll be taking my little girl out for her first night of trick-r-treating and handing out king-sized candy bars to all the kids who come to my door. To me, there's no better way to spend the best day of the whole year!!

X-human
10-28-2009, 06:28 AM
I'll watch Dracula '31 and Frankenstein '31.

Then I'll go to the local theater to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I don't dress up though, I just always wear my Meatloaf shirt.

msw7
10-28-2009, 06:51 AM
I'm aiming to watch a triple feature: Switchblade Romance, Inside, and Martyrs.

That should mess me up for a while :)

(hoping to get through Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead as pre-Halloween viewing too - may not make it though)

rxfiend
10-28-2009, 07:59 AM
This Halloween I'll be celebrating my wedding anniversary as well as taking the kids out trick 'r treating.

Mattapooh
10-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Taking my daughter out trick or treating, then watching Halloween with my wife. This takes on even more meaning because I proposed to her last year while doing the same thing and now we have a three-week-old baby hanging out with us this year.

Azrael55
10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll be doing what I have been doing for the last three months. Working morning until close at a Halloween store managing. 80 hours a week .... ahhh I can't wait for November 2nd (we are open the 1st for a huge 50% off sale), but unfortunately my Halloween season has been ruined this year. Boo!

Oh well there is always next year.

Mike_M
10-28-2009, 11:39 AM
My wife and I will be settling in to enjoy the first for Friday The 13th films, then capping the evening off with Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Vlachio
10-28-2009, 11:56 AM
I just want to get laid joke! I'm just hanging around the house with my relatives. We wount be doing the candy give away stuff. Were just going to have a scary movie party.

My original plans were to go down to LA universal horror nights. I just don't feel like making the drive. With my luck some drunk driver will crash into me.

Godless
10-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Taking my 10yr old son trick or treating with a friend's family in their neighborhood and then maybe watching a movie that night.

fieldkillah
10-28-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm just going to sit around watching horror movies.

ghostsaysboo!
10-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Halloween is our Christmas in this family. It is my favorite holiday, my wife's favorite holiday, and our daughter was born on the 28th. We try and do as many halloween type activities as possible. So far we.ve done a haunted house in a penitentary in which part of this we were placed in a casket, had the lid closed and pushed on a set of rollers for a brief(but long enough) journey. This was definitely an experience. Of course, we had our daughter's halloweened themed birthday party (which I hope is a yearly tradition), she'll probably stop me as she gets older. My wife and I did our yearly ritual of checking out the new "Saw' movie yesterday, which I strongly recommend. This Friday we we'll be going to another haunting at our nearby amusement park for more scares and thrills. On the 31st, we'll be taking our daughter trick or treating then another haunted house, and round the evening out by watching John Carpenter's classic "Halloween".

Ash28M
10-28-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm having a little get together at my place with some friends and family. Most likely we will start out by handing out candies to kids. Then move in for some drinks, food and hopefully a couple of horror films.

JamieK
10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
My Halloween is similar every year. Get some food...drink and settle back for a night of horror flicks. Starting with older stuff like the Karloff Frankenstein, building up getting newer or gorier or scarier. Going from stuff like The Fog or Evil Dead 2 through to Zombie 2 or New York Ripper.

Mok
10-28-2009, 03:05 PM
We've been to one party already. Friday we're throwing our own. Saturday we'll be giving out candy to Trick or Treaters and then heading out to the night club for some more Halloween fun (I'll be DJing too!). :banana:

< That's my costume there as my avatar :p

evildeadfan123
10-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Not going to do much this Halloween. Go to watch some horror films, and maybe go to my Mother and Father-In-Law's house while my husband is working.

marcx
10-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Well we had our annual horror movie showing in the home theater/party for the halloween season this past saturday--we viewed Trick r Treat and it went over great!

Halloween itself we are doing with my son and daughter...he is going as Batman, so i am going as the Riddler, my wife as Poison Ivy, and my daughter as Elmo (she's 1 and a half and it's all about Elmo...)

We ar ehoping to hit the NYC Halloween parade if th eweather holds up....

splatterhouse
10-28-2009, 04:02 PM
My band is playing our towns only rock/metal bar and we're all gonna get dressed up and rock the FUKK OUT!

Then its watch movies the next day - Fulci's Zombie, Burial Ground, Zombie Holocaust, Cemetery Man, Dead Alive, and maybe possibly more...

incognito
10-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Movie Marathon Part 1 on Friday night, then a couple parties on Saturday (dressed up as Vanilla Sky Tom Cruise), and Movie Marathon Part 2 on Sunday. Can't wait, it's gonna be wild here in Toronto!

Matt89
10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm going to a party on Halloween actually. What am I gonna wear? No idea. Maybe go as a porn star?

~Matt

Caspar2112
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Well, usually it is watching THE FOG and SUSPIRIA in the evening after the treat and treating. First, of course, we have to work on my son's costume as he says, "It isn't Gross Enough." That's my Boy !!
I think this year, LAST MAN ON EARTH (we all need some Vincent on Halloween) and then a little BLACK CHRISTMAS to get ready and geared up for the beginning of the race through the stores.
First things first though....where's that Bottle of Fake Blood ?

moogong
10-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I will be playing some Brutal Legend and watching a few horror flicks. The wife will be working that night so it just me. I think this year I will watch ROLD 2 & 3.

WesReviews
10-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Throwing a party with a few friends. Will definitely be watching some horror at some point as well... Perhaps PROM NIGHT or TROLL 2. ;)

Vincent Pina
10-28-2009, 06:49 PM
There is a nice cleared out field out back of a friend's apartment in the woods. I'll be taking out my Gemmy Deluxe inflatable screen, my Optoma DV10 projector, and a bag full of horror movies. Gonna pull an all-nighter.

Shock Waves
10-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Taking the little one out to Trick and Treat and then all night movie marathon with friends and spirits (the kind in the bottle too ;) )

mcchrist
10-28-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't do too much on Halloween. Maybe a movie and some games with my wife

RyanC
10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
We've been doing a horror movie per night all month at home, so that's a marathon of sorts I guess, but as far as th night of halloween itself goes---I have to work, unfortunately, so no fun --- or even not-so-fun --- plans at all.

arkadin13
10-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Watched at least 1 horror movie everyday this month. Dressing up as half of the wet bandits from Home Alone and going to a party.

streetlight
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Hanging out at a friends house in the isolated country, watch some movies, maybe put on a mask and hide in the cornfield near the road, then run across like in Friday the 13th part 2

rjmacready
10-28-2009, 09:35 PM
I'll be watching Halloween '78 on blu-ray before heading to a costume party dressed as Dexter Morgan (in his stalk-and-kill gear).

Harry Warden
10-28-2009, 11:38 PM
I'll be at home watching several horror films. I don't know which ones at this point. I usually wait til that night and select the titles then.

killit
10-29-2009, 12:29 AM
going to the west hollywood carnival, as i can walk there with the boyfriend and friends. then i think the demons progrma at the new beverly for a sec then dinner someplace, then home movie marthon and we're gonna be flaskin' it round the carnival and since I fractured my ribs in some freak excercise moving incident, so we'll be popping the pain away with some pain pills

CrazyFatEthel
10-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Going to party for both the night of the 30th and the whole day of the 31st!!!!!Whoo-Hoo!!!!

calmest_ghost
10-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Please delete.

Lone Wolf
10-29-2009, 04:55 AM
I'll be at home watching a few horror movies as far as I know.

zompirejoe
10-29-2009, 05:58 AM
I'll take my kids and their friends trick or treating, and then home to watch a few horror films.

Mortis
10-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Peter Bark. Haha.

I'll be chilling with friends as usual.

adric
10-29-2009, 08:13 AM
this halloween i am dressing up as a Rabbi and my roommates and myself are throwing a big halloween party to break in our new apartment a little more?

Spit
10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm gonna be a Jawa this year...find some treats around the neighborhood then go to some parties.

baggio
10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Handing out candy.

Watching some horror movies. And try to watch/or tape the Roseanne Halloween episodes marathon on TVLand.

arnie
10-29-2009, 04:13 PM
watching Orphan and Stepfather. Handing out candy:)

pieces35
10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I will be watching some classics in Day Of The Dead and

Dawn Of The Dead!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

WhatTHEhell19
10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Sadly I've got to work all day Halloween. However I'm going to attempt to still have a movie marathon when I get home at 11 that night. Or maybe I'll just stay at work and check out Paranormal Activity since we're getting it this weekend.

Darga
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't have anything planned. Things have been insanely busy the past month or so, and I'm just starting to find time to relax. Maybe I'll finally go see Zombieland?

snowbeast323
10-29-2009, 08:29 PM
First I gotta take my two cousins Trick Or Treating....fun
Then my family and I are headed to a 21rst birthday party. No doubt we'll all be wasted....

DVD-fanatic-9
10-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Lucky me, I've actually got 4 days off starting today. I tried to do a huge horror marathon this month and failed, big time. I worked like a dog this month.

So, instead of watching movies whole, I'm actually just going to watch the best scenes of as many great horror movies as I can cram into 2 days. Inspired by whoever made that post about our favorite scenes from horror. This way, I might not get to watch dozens of movies but I can certainly watch pieces of all of the ones I would have watched anyway.

Then, in November, I'm going to pass out for my last day off. Maybe spend a little more time online. Something lowkey.

I would dress up for Halloween night, but I'd only scare the one or two parents who come here that night with their kids and always look at you like you're a freak or pervert because they're so paranoid of everything. If you're a woman, like dressed as a witch- they think you're a lonely old spinster who wants to steal their kids because you've none of your own, your biological clock has stopped ticking and your well is dried up. If you're a guy and not dressed up, they think you're a child molestor. They also think that if you dress up as any kind of superhero. If you dress up as Satan, they think you're a devil-worshipper. If you dress up as a vampire, they think you're in a cult. If you dress down or wear something tight, they think you're looking at their kids "like they're meat." Then the kids wouldn't get any candy. The parents would retreat so fast, it'd be like they thought your house was in a gang-zone. You just can't win with these people.

So, I'm thinking of dressing up as a wall or a box. Something flat or square-shaped. But only if/when anyone gets to the door. Last Year was such a disappointment. I waited too late and just put my stereo speakers out the window and played some horror movie themes. I think the only people who heard them were my exceptionally loud neighbors, who were pretty quiet on that night. They certainly couldn't complain about any noise from my house - if they heard any. Their dog is considered by most to be a public nuisance.

PBateman
10-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Taking my daughter out for her first trick or treat experience, then probably watching a horror movie or two, always feel like watching Halloween around this time of year, for obvious reasons. p.s. Where's the Night of the Creeps review?

Ptflea2
10-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Going to a party and drinking my face off.

ScottB
10-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Taking my son and daughter out for treats. He wanted to go as a sack of potatoes, so my wife cut up a burlap sack, and also made some psuedo-potatoes to go on a hat. He's kind of a funny guy, in case it isn't obvious. Our daughter is a little more conventional, so I think she will dress up as a pumpkin this year. Something about our kids and food, I guess...

fattyjoe37
10-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Going to a corn maze with my girlfriend and then we're both going to see Paranormal Activity. It'll be my second time and her first. She says she isn't scared by horror movies, so hopefully this does the trick.

warmapplecider
10-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Costume party, natch...I'll be Mario, the boyfriend Yoshi.

Sinister Ash
10-30-2009, 05:59 AM
This Halloween I'll be going to a costume party as pre-burned freddy... haha and then afterwards if I'm still awake, I'll pop in a good movie to end the night. Maybe Night of the Demons.

Bristlebane
10-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Ill be taking my kids out trick r treating. Then I have a double feature of Halloween and Trick R Treat planned.

brooks_54
10-30-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm going to my brother's house with some of our friends. We'll hand out candy to trick-or-treaters for the allotted two hours. Then, we'll probably enjoy a pizza and watch a terrible film -- one in the vein of "Flyin' Ryan" or "Pocket Ninjas."

Last year, we watched "Spoiler," a horrible action/sci-fi film starring Gary Daniels and directed by Jeff Burr -- the only other film of his I've seen is "Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III," which I enjoyed for what it was, but anyone could have directed it.

MorallySound
10-30-2009, 08:24 AM
If I don't have to work too late, I'll be attending a friends Halloween party, dressing up, and getting sloshed.

soxfan666
10-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Sitting in the driveway giving out candy.

17thJuggalo
10-30-2009, 07:59 PM
This year I've been to 2 parties already dressed as Marty McFly.

I bought all the stuff on the internet ('life preserver' jacket from Old Navy, shirt and denim jacket, calculator watch which is almost the same style it was in 1985, and a pair of aviator glasses). I already had a red t-shirt and jeans.

This is heavy.

chinoev
10-31-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm going to stay at home and watch Martin and Videodrome.

Rft183
10-31-2009, 12:47 AM
I dressed up today at work as a Wild West Undertaker. Halloween night, I'll be watching scary movies (not sure which ones yet) and handing out candy to Trick-or-Treaters.

Zillamon51
10-31-2009, 01:20 AM
I know someone who *just* bought a new house this week, and before any moving-in even takes place, we'll be handing out candy to get an idea of what volume of trick-or-treaters the neighborhood has to offer. The place isn't decorated, but we will be dressing up. We haven't decided on costumes yet, but probably Freddy-related, because...

After that, it's off to a midnight show of the original A Nightmare on Elm Street in Royal Oak, MI!

sumo8675309
10-31-2009, 06:39 AM
me, im chillin out at the house with a bottle of wine watching some classic horror movies

rhett
10-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Well guys, thanks for sharing all things Halloween with me this year. It was great to see what everyone is doing, and I guarantee you you'll all be having a lot more fun than I'll be having. I'll try to squeeze in some horror some way throughout work, though. ;)

Random.org has spoken...and our winner of all 8 Paramount FRIDAY THE 13TH films is none other than...

17thJuggalo

Congrats, man! Send me your name and contact information and this unholy package of wonder is yours.

Didn't win? Don't feel left out...I managed to squeeze in one more horror contest to end off our month of October Madness. It's now live, so get trick'r treating!

Hellbilly
10-31-2009, 08:13 AM
Congrats!

Zombie Dude
10-31-2009, 08:23 AM
lucky bastard :evil: congrats

vampyr789
10-31-2009, 09:32 AM
ahhah congrats :)

17thJuggalo
10-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Wooooo!!!! This is awesome!

What a great way to start off Halloween! Thanks you guys!!!!

Harry Warden
10-31-2009, 06:54 PM
Congrats.

Lone Wolf
10-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Congrats

othervoice1
10-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Congrats you lucky dog!!!!!

Workshed
11-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Wow, good haul, 17thJug. Enjoy!

indiephantom
11-01-2009, 09:09 AM
good stuff. Congrats.

Ptflea2
11-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Lucky jerk!

baggio
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Congrats 17thJuggalo. Glad to see a regular win. Instead of these one post , contest seeking guys.

spawningblue
11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Awesome win! Congrats!