PDA

View Full Version : So I finally got Evil Dead: Hail to the King for DC...

Jasondog
02-10-2001, 09:51 AM
and I dont know why everyone complains about it. The controls are strange but after about 15 minutes i was in like flint. ANd the graphics while not equal to Code: Veronica weren't that bad.

Why is it no one seems to like this game.

Only thing wrong with it IMO is its too short :cool:

K'
02-10-2001, 12:29 PM
I HATE that Hail to the King has so stupid controls. It could have been a real great game, but the controls ruined it for me. Sword of Berzerk and RE: Code Veronica are much better. Maybe someday when iīm really bored i will give this game another try, but at the moment i donīt feel like playing this hard to control game :(

Ash
02-10-2001, 04:16 PM
The controls ain't bad but need some polishing up. I hope they fix it for the PC version (highly doubts it but crosses fingers). I actually like being to move around while attacking instead of being stationary like in Code: Veronica. I think the respawning deadites after you kill them ruined the game.

Jason, only Evil Dead fans will like HTK even with its flaws.

Mark Relford
02-10-2001, 10:19 PM
I didn't care for HTTK at first, but it took some time to get used to the gameplay. The respawning deadites were my biggest problem with the game. They drop medical kits like candy, so it's not a huge minus.
Now, where's Half-Life for the DC?

Styx
02-13-2001, 02:58 AM
Ahhhh the Dreamcast and Evil Dead are two of my favorite things in the world :). Too bad I was disappointed with the Evil Dead game since it had so much promise.

The controls (as I feared) are like RE so they pretty much suck (Resident Evil 2 for N64 has better control with the analog stick) but after getting used to them I was starting to enjoy the game. My main problem with HTK is that after you finish the first part of the game you get transported to some medieval type deal. I lost some interest in the game after that.

Too bad the game didn't take place entirely by the cabin and surrounding area that would've been much better. Anyway I did finish the game in only a couple hours. The red and gray shrooms respawn and you can convert those to medicine and gas so the game is kind of easy. I also noticed that after you've killed a certain number of deadites in one area they stop respawning. At least that's the way it was in the second half of the game.

The graphics are pretty mediocre overall with grainy video (?) and the weapons were a let down. It's also a shame THQ didn't optimize the game for Dreamcast since it seems like a straight Playstation (blech) port to me.

Hey Mark you sound like a Dreamcast fan :) do you use the VGA adapter? If not you should. It lets you play DC games through a PC monitor and the graphics are ten times better than standard TVs. Not every DC game supports it though (including Evil Dead) but most new games do.

The DC version of Half-Life has been delayed until March I think. I'm waiting for that one too :)

TobalRox
02-13-2001, 03:37 AM
I've only been able to get the VGA adaptor to work once. I was kind of bummed. Maybe I need to lower the resolution on my monitor first (?)

Mark Relford
02-13-2001, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Styx:
Hey Mark you sound like a Dreamcast fan :) do you use the VGA adapter? If not you should. It lets you play DC games through a PC monitor and the graphics are ten times better than standard TVs. Not every DC game supports it though (including Evil Dead) but most new games do.

The DC version of Half-Life has been delayed until March I think. I'm waiting for that one too :)

Styx, I'm a big fan of the DC. I don't have a PC. :( So, a VGA adapter is out of the question, but thanks for the suggestion. :)
Do you have Phantasy Star Online? I still need to get that and Jet Grind Radio. Even though the DC is officially dead, there are several good games ahead. (Unreal, Soul Reaver 2, Crazy Taxi 2, etc.)
Okay, back to horror...

Mark Relford
02-14-2001, 09:59 PM
Okay, maybe I was a bit harsh about the Dreamcast's fate. Supposedly, they've discontinued the systems. They're going to develope games for other systems in the future. I think they still have a fighting chance, but the arrival of the PS2 and Sega's losses have sealed their fate.
Like you said, there's a ton of good games to look foward to.
I should be getting PSO in a couple of days. :)

Styx
02-15-2001, 06:43 AM
Yeah I bought PSO a few days ago and it's awesome. Much better than Diablo I think. It's a lot more fun playing online with a team in PSO than any other online RPG I've played. Definitely pick it up when you get the chance we'll have a game sometime :).

Why do you say the Dreamcast is officially dead though? As far as I know that's not the case. There's a ton of great stuff headed for DC including Daytona USA Online, which is going to kick ass.