PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have The Mist on Blu-ray and how is it?

fceurich39
11-25-2009, 06:57 PM
i am thinking about getting the mist on blu-ray anyone have it and how is it and also is there different cover art versions

i seen online the cool looking one with the guy covering his face and the dvd cover one? for the blu-rays this movie is kinda hard to find on blu-ray in stores but i am going outta town next week and they have plenty copies

X-human
11-25-2009, 07:19 PM
US Blu-ray is the guy covering face. The Canada disc may be like the US DVD. That's how DVDAf shows it. But Amazon.ca shows the US Blu-ray cover.

I own the US Blu-ray. It's a pretty good movie. Anyone I've talked with have liked it too. I would recommend perhaps not watching the B&W version. They didn't take B&W into consideration while shooting, so I don't find it to be nearly as good as B&W can be. Others like it though so mileage may very.

gunner
11-25-2009, 07:28 PM
If you've seen (and like) the movie I'd say go for the blu-ray!! The film looks beautiful on blu in both b&w and color. All the cgi goes down much better in high def, but of course that's only my opinion.
I believe the "guy covering his face" is the only artwork there is for the blu-ray, but I could be wrong. I love this particular sleeve art, especially since it features the old school grocery store along the bottom.

fceurich39
11-25-2009, 08:20 PM
yeah this movie is probably my favorite stephen king movie adaptation
i have the 2 disc dvd but am tempted to upgrade to blu on this one i like it that much
i also love the shining also i have the 2 disc dvd of that but too bad there wasn't more special features is the main reason i am not gonna uprgrade on that one

so it looks like the mist will be my 2nd stephen king blu-ray the first was children of the corn which i got mainly for the new special features

bigdaddyhorse
11-26-2009, 01:31 AM
I checked out the Blu from the library (currently own 2-disc dvd) and it looked beautiful. I didn't compare it, but I'm sure it's better quality than the dvd, as it should be. I'll upgrade when I can find it cheap enough.

SickNick89
11-26-2009, 01:35 AM
the b&w version makes it worth the purchase alone. One of the only times i spontaneously burst into applause in the theater was during this movie.

Mattapooh
11-26-2009, 03:45 AM
i seen online the cool looking one with the guy covering his face and the dvd cover one? for the blu-rays this movie is kinda hard to find on blu-ray in stores but i am going outta town next week and they have plenty copies

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

Grim
11-26-2009, 06:10 AM
This is definitely one of my favorite blu-ray purchases since I went blu in 2007.